WZ Tag Team Tourney 2 Semi-Final Match 2: The Hart Foundation vs. Harlem Heat

The Hart Foundation vs. Harlem Heat

• Hart foundation

• Harlem Heat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following matchup is the second semi-final match of the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament. The following matchups take place under basic WWE Style rules.

WCW Regional Champions The Hart Foundation (Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart)

041hartfoundation.jpg

vs.

TNA Regional Champions Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)

Harlem_Heat.jpg

Holy dream match. These two are perhaps the greatest teams of all time, anywhere. Harlem Heat are the greatest team in WCW history save for maybe the Steiner Brothers. The Harts are the perfect balance of power and speed. Who in the hell to go with? Let's break it down.

Heat-More title reigns, brothers, and Booker T.
Harts-Less, although arguably more significant title reigns, perfect chemistry, and Bret Hart.

I am tempted to just flip a coin on this, but I refuse to do so. That being said, I'm going to pick the Harts because of the home field advantage. Yes, the Heat are brothers which I feel is always better chemistry wise than friends as they literally have the same blood and genes flowing through them, meaning they are more similar. However, the Harts are just too perfect together. Either is a great choice, bbut i'll take the pink and black attack and that great beard.

I've ignored Harlem Heat completely this tournament. The reason? I don't get them. I've looked up numerous matches and I've gotta tell you, I must be looking up the wrong ones. They're by no means a bad team, nor an average one. They're just not as remarkable as I feel a tag team of their reputation should be. I didn't want to have to tell you that, but here we are.

The Hart Foundation, I get. I loved looking up Hart Foundation matches and the worst one I found was one against The Bulldogs which they won so abruptly my jaw hit the floor; let's just say Neidhart is one tough motherfucker. No environment to take into consideration. I think this will be clear sailing for the Foundation. Sure, Harlem Heat are legendary. But you know what? So are Demolition, and the Foundation gave them a sound kicking. So are The Dudley Boys, and they were decimated. So are The Outsiders, and they were embarrassed.

Neidhart keeps the Heat off Bret while the Hitman makes someone tap. Simple.

Edit: And will people stop counting title reigns? It's irrelevant, unless you think one team's going to use a ton of belts as weapons.

Klunder called it right. DREAM MATCH.

Sammy, I hear where you are coming from on "looking up the right / wrong matches." Harlem Heat's matches were nothing spectacular, but that made them a good heel team. You didn't want to root for them, ever. But they were physical and knew how to pull off a big win. I liken them to a more athletic version of Doom.

But The Hart Foundation is one of the greatest teams of all time. Wait, so is Harlem Heat. Okay, then the Hart Foundation is the one of the greatest-er tag teams of all time. They were consistent, another prototypical tag team (technique and speed, power and physicality), and they won in big spots while always putting on solid, entertaining matches.

Take out of this the whole "Harlen Heat were brothers" thing. Hart and Neidhart are family, too. Maybe not brothers, but close.

Harlem Heat completed their run as a team, and won 10 championships. Not bad! The Hart Foundation split for Bret to move to singles. Can't fault them there.

I am pulling for a Hart Foundation vs British Bulldogs final. But if it ends up Harlem Heat vs the Bulldogs, I'd be ok with it. But the Hart Foundation is a better team and should win.

Harlem Heat is without a doubt the best team in Wrestling history. The Hart Foundation was great to, but there is no way they could beat Harlem Heat. HH were 10 time tag champions and their chemistry as a team can not be matched by any team. HH is a stronger and faster team then the Hart Foundation. HH feuded with teams like The Outsiders, Steiner Brothers, and Sting and Luger. Hart Foundation mainly feuded with The Bulldogs, Strike Force , and Demolition, so HH had better competition. I think the Hart Foundation is the second greatest team of all time, but they are going up against the best and they could not beat Harlem Heat.

I love Harlem Heat. They are the best team that WCW ahs ever soley produced. Sure the Steiners are in that argument, but most of their success was Japanese based and the Warriors were more of an AWA team before making the jump. Harlem Heat is the definitive team of WCW in my opinion.

I thinkt he poll will show otherwise, but this match woudl be much closer then what the results will indicate. I love the Harts, and am looking forward to the Bulldogs vs. Hart conversation we are sure to get.

GOOD

NESS

what I wouldnt give to see this. The poll is laborious, as it should be MUCH closer. As a matter of fact, I can SO envision Harlem Heat as the type of team to beat The Foundation in an undercard match of a PPV somewere. But if Im going with who I feel is the better team, I obviously have to go with The Harts, as I feel they are the best tag team in the history of pro wrestling. But a great, close match this would be, no doubt.

O shit, this is tough, I love Bret Hart, and I love Booker T. Stevie Ray was good, and so was the "Anvil". But I am picking Harlem Heat. They won ten Tag Team titles. They were tag team of the year several times. Their chemistry is remarkable, they are the best tag team to ever come out of WCW. Harlem Heat was on top of the tag team division during WCW's peak, they were basically a team till the end, and in all honesty, I am having a hard time voting for the Harts because they weren't a team as long as Harlem Heat.

Ah fuck. I believe I clicked on the Harts :(

This is one of those polls that isn't close at all, despite how hotly contested and genuinely close the actual match would be. It's the type of poll where everyon looks at the choices, says "ohhhh, that's a tough one," but after careful consideration, everyone concedes that The Hart Foundation is just a NOTCH better than Harlem Heat. So, you get a blowout on the poll, even though the match is amazingly close.

It happens a lot in these tournies, but the right team is winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back