The Rockers vs. the Bulldogs

• Rockers

• Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following matches take place inside of an ECW ring are conducted under
Extreme Rules.

The Rockers are the team of Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty from 1986-1991.

The British Bulldogs are the team of Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid from 1984-1990.

Vote The Rockers

I urge you all to not let them go out at any early stage of this tournament. They were a team with so much talent, and had so much influence, it would be a crime for them not to go far here. As individuals and as a team, The Rockers have always been in the spotlight. They had some great matches, as well as the best break up between a team ever.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - The Rockers revolutionised tag team wrestling. Who is your favourite team? The Hardyz? Dudleys? All have been influenced by The Rockers. Without them, the division would be very different.

The Rockers were robbed of being WWE Champions - make sure they're not robbed here!

I'm sorry Becca. This is one of those semi-rare cases where we share the same taste. I won't vote until everything's been said; don't worry.

Do the Rockers deserve to go further? Absolutely. It's just a massive shame they came up against the British Bulldogs. The Rockers were a great team, innovators of that type of wrestling, no doubt. And they'd give a great offense, a great match would be had. But, great as they are, The Rockers aren't as great as The Bulldogs. As dangerous in the ring, with as good a track record. The result is as clear as the quality of the match: Bulldogs win. As much as The Rockers don't deserve to go out this early, The Bulldogs deserve it less.

I'm open to persuasion though. Ready, set...

One man settles the factor here- Marty Jannetty.Dynamite Kid and Bulldog were too amazing wrestlers.Shawn is awesome too.But Marty............nothing.I only remember him for not making it.Plus everyone remembers a Dynamite Kid match(vs Tiger Mask),Bulldog match ( vs Bret Hart) and a Shawn match(insert here).But no Marty match.Why?Because Marty isn't a very good.One man does not make a team.However 2 very good technical wrestler do.Bulldog and Kid take it for me.

Well, Marty is actually an extremely accomplished athlete here - Shawn's equal. Don't count The Rockers out because of him.

Have you ever seen a Marty much longer than 20 minutes?The Bulldogs can each go for a hour at the very least.Stanima is another factor.

Have you ever seen a Marty much longer than 20 minutes?The Bulldogs can each go for a hour at the very least.Stanima is another factor.

Several times. Have you watched the series between The Rockers and The Orient Express? Matches routinely 16+ minutes long with terrific pace and athleticism. Thine logic is flawed, m'lord!

This match is NOT a walkover by any means. The Rockers were a talented tag team at a time when tag team wrestling in both WWF AND WCW was at an all time high.

That being said, they were a bit one-dimensional. Though they were accomplished mat wrestlers, their skill set existed in their ariel assaults, without which they were is a bad way. The Bulldogs were a more complete team. Maybe they weren't AS good as Shawn and Marty in the air, but they could hold their own, AND they had power and experience on their side.

I personally think that the physicality of the Bulldogs is what is going to take down the Rockers in this one. Both are big powerful guys who can take a decent amount of abuse (thanks to the marvels of the steroids).

As much as I'd like the Rockers to advance, I think the hardcore environment of the ECW ring lends itself far more to the Bulldogs than the Rockers, purely because the Rockers were better technically. ECW has never really been about the technically gifted. Sure, Benoit, Storm and Jericho all came through the ranks, but they made their names elsewhere.

The power will pull out the win in my opinion and sadly the Rockers will fall

You talk about being technically gifted as if The Bulldogs aren't the ones that should be considered the more technically gifted. In fact, they should. Certainly one Tom Billington. However, I also disagree with your logic that said technicality didn't have a place in ECW. So you're safe.

ECW has always been a power wrestling haven Sam. You know that as well as I do. Yes, there are always exceptions such as Tazz. But the ECW mainstays, they made their name by big power (Rhino), or use of weapons (Dreamer and Sandman). The three I mentioned are probably the most reknowned technical style wrestlers to come through ECW and they never got the pushes there

And yes, I am aware I sold Dynamite Kid's technical ability short. He mixed power into his style.

I like Shawn Michaels and I think the Rockers are underrated. Is it fair that they are going out this early, no. However it is the right desicion. I see Davey/HBK x each other out, and Billington getting the pin on Marty. Marty probably goes for a top rope move gets caught and it's good night.

Have you ever seen The Bulldog go over 20 minutes without him gassing and somebody carrying him?

I'm going to give a pity vote for The Rockers. It's a shame that they didn't come up against a team like, say, the World's Greatest Tag Team.

270px-Mandarin-3.jpg

The Bulldogs knock out the Rockers 17-5.

My Thoughts: Awesome

Wow, this one had me worried. The Rockers are probably the most over rated tag team in history, but have a cult following because of Shawn Michaels. In actuality, this team was hard to watch growing up. I just couldn't stand the Rockers, and never understood the appeal of this team.

The Bulldogs on the other hand are simply bad ass. They should have won this match, and should move on with relative ease considering the results of the next match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back