ECW Finals: The British Bulldogs vs. America's Most Wanted

The British Bulldogs vs. America's Most Wanted

• Britian

• America

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match is the the finals of the ECW Region, this match will take place under extreme rules.

The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid)
08hof-Bulldogs.jpg

vs.

America's Most Wanted (The Wildcat Chris Harris and the Tennessee Cowboy James Storm)
08.jpg

Now THIS is a tough match. The Bulldogs may be the best tag team of the 80s, which is easily the golden era of tag wrestling, but AMW might be the best tag team since the mid 90s. Both have that toughness that you can't teach to someone. As far as ECW rules coming into play, I think that's a toss up. Smith, as we've seen can be absolutely vicious at times, and if Dynamite is like Benoit, so can he. AMW can brawl with this best of them as well though. In this though, I'm going to give it to AMW, but by the tiniest of margins.

Bulldogs are stronger and are better at brawling, and in a pure wrestling match I see the bulldogs as better. So I have to go with them.

Hmm, a very tough choice. My country versus my promotion. One of the best teams of modern wrestling versus golden oldies.

Let's get something out the way quickly. The British Bulldogs are better than America's Most Wanted. Perhaps time will shift that view, perhaps not. In a regular match, under regular rules, I'd tip the Brits to win.

The key here is, as often is, the ECW environment. Unlike matches in the WCW, TNA and WWE regions, the environment here has a dramatic impact on the match. Brutality is not only accepted, it's encouraged. I have stated that LAX are colder and more sadistic (and they should have won, but whatever) than AMW, but that's not to say AMW aren't cold and sadistic. It's the weapons element here that shifts the scales, and I think it shifts them dramatically. Does it take a genius to swing a chair? No, but AMW have incorporated the use of weapons into their character and strategy for as long as they've existed; that's why the advantage is so definitely in their favour.

This shouldn't even be close. The Bulldogs are a far superior team. AMW might have been the best tag team in TNA history, but that's just like being the best Arena Football team. Once you get to the big leagues everything changes and AMW would not stand a chance.

Big leagues, schmig leagues. This tournament has nothing to do with status, and should have nothing to do with nostalgia. I've even tossed my natural patriotism aside here. In an ECW environment, I have no doubt that AMW would beat the Bulldogs.

I have been thoroughly disappointed with lack of support for TNA, not becuase I am a fan but because so very few people can appreciate teams like AMW, Staniels and LAX because of their accomplishments "only" occuring in TNA.

People need to realise that this is meant to be a level playing field, not one slanted in advantage of WWE and WCW.

ECW rules make this really close, a lot closer than the poll currently shows.

People don't appreciate TNA, because the TNA guy shave failed to move on outside of their bubble in Orlando. Chrsi Harris, half of what is mostly considered the best team in TNA's history, simply became the Wildfat for his all but impressive one month run int he WWE. That doesn't do much to help out the integrity of the TNA tag team titles.

AMW was impressive, and I do genuinely feel they are the top, if nott op two, tag team of this decade, bu that means very little to me. Tag Team Wrestlign this decade has been atrocious. You may call it nostalgia, or a clinging to my childhood, but my opinion remains the same, tag teams this decade don't hold a candle to middle of the road tag teams from past decades. The British Bulldogs are far more then a middle of the road tag team from a past decade.

People don't appreciate TNA, because the TNA guy shave failed to move on outside of their bubble in Orlando.

It's the way the business works these days. I mean, TNA is the second highest rung you can climb to in North America. It's not all bad.

Chrsi Harris, half of what is mostly considered the best team in TNA's history, simply became the Wildfat for his all but impressive one month run int he WWE. That doesn't do much to help out the integrity of the TNA tag team titles.

Doesn't do anything to hurt them either. I thought this tournament was about what people did as a tag team? Don't make me resurrect the Mega Powers argument, please. You even used to put dates next to the teams' names. Don't know why you stopped that. And integrity doesn't stop a beer bottle being broken over your face.

AMW was impressive, and I do genuinely feel they are the top, if nott op two, tag team of this decade, bu that means very little to me. Tag Team Wrestlign this decade has been atrocious.

Better than the attitude era. At least it's been exciting... in TNA.

You may call it nostalgia, or a clinging to my childhood, but my opinion remains the same, tag teams this decade don't hold a candle to middle of the road tag teams from past decades.

I wouldn't put it past Storm to hold a candle to Dynamite's face. He's a sick fuck like that. I think he's more of a lighter man though.

The British Bulldogs are far more then a middle of the road tag team from a past decade.

I thought you said they were a top team from the last decade? Look, it's right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back