ECW Round 2, Match 6: America's Most Wanted vs. The Natural Disasters

AMW vs. the Natural Disasters

• AMW

• Natural Disasters

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following matches take place in an ECW Ring and under Extreme Rules.

The team of America's Most Wanted are The Tennessee Cowboy James Storm and the Wild Cat Chris Harris from 2002 to 2006.

The team of the Natural Disasters are the Earthquake and Typhoon from 1991 to 1993.

The big guys move on again. Let's say you let AMW have weapons. So freaking what? Summerslam 1990, Big Boss Man, a guy stronger than those two put together drills Earthquake in the back with a chair. Earthquake doesn't even drop Hogan, who he's holding over his head. The spear is worthless here, as is the Death Sentence. All they have us a superkick, and I don't see that happening. The Disasters in a glorified squash.

I'm going to post my views. Feel free to dismiss them as idiotic.

So I look up the Natural Disasters on YouTube. Naturally, (ooh, a pun!) I expect a new Big, Bad and Dangerous. I'm frighteningly out of touch with wrestling which I haven't watched in, like, the past month. But yeah, YouTubing videos. Don't get the big deal. They're not like BB&D at all. They look threatening because they'd big fat bastards. That's like their only thing, no disrespect. Just big tubs of goo.

I trouble to see how AMW, a team often called the best team of the last decade, couldn't beat them. The height difference is of about three inches in total and, to me at last, they seem much cleverer and unquestionably more agile and quicker. Not to mention that this is ECW. The David vs. Goliath story wouldn't be nearly as good if David didn't have his trusty barbed wire steel chair. Or sling shot, I forget.

I won't vote yet, talk me round.

Sam, this is a fantastic post. As I mentioned in my last post in favor of Vader and Bigelow, two Superheavyweights on a team are hard to overcome, but the contrast between the Natural Disasters and BB&D lie in the fact that Earthquake and Typhoon were tubs of lard. At this point in their careers, they didn't move around very well, and the fact is, the original Earthquake (the heel who took out Jake's snake and Hogan) and Tugboat were more athletic and moved around the ring better.

AMW was a very synergistic and talented tag team. Plus, they've been in FAR MORE extreme-rules-type matches in their careers than the Natural Disasters have.

As another point, the Disasters are absolutely the type of team that can be worn down physically by a well-conditioned team. You need look no further that the Disasters / Money Inc feud around and after Wrestlemania 8. Get them off their feet and they struggle to get up. Then, just hope to God you can neutralize their power and prevent the hot tag to a fresh SHW.

The fact that AMW can negate the Disasters size advantage with weapons helps. Plus, if you can pull a rope down so one of the fat guys tumbles outside the ring, that's 10 minutes of double teaming while the forklift comes to ringside.

I finally went against my Superheavyweights here, and I voted AMW.

If the Natural Disasters can beat Money Inc, kill Jake's snake, team with & battle Hogan, surely they can beat a team from TNA? Who exactly have AMW beat who are in the same league? Team 3D, please.

I can just imagine AMW repeatedly hitting The big men before they finally fall.

If the Natural Disasters can beat Money Inc, kill Jake's snake, team with & battle Hogan, surely they can beat a team from TNA? Who exactly have AMW beat who are in the same league? Team 3D, please.

This may be incredibly unwise. I mean, considering I had to use Wikipedia and YouTube to frantically piece together some knowledge of this team, I may not be the best man to advise voting for or against them. The backing of IC25 with pretty much every match in this tournament so far has given me a fucking massive ego though, so here goes.

It's intensely arguable how good of a standard TNA teams are. On one hand, you could say that they're shit because TNA is shit. On the other, you could say they've produced some of the best tag team wrestling of recent times and so deserve to be considered among the best. On your third mutant hand you could call it an outright lie. I don't think it is, personally. I have taste good enough to realise Kaz is shit, don't I?

So with that, I'd say a team's track record becomes an irrelevance because AMW's all depends on your viewpoint - if you look at it one way they may look pretty poor, but look at it another and they're a classic team. So it comes down to the in-ring performance. Like has been stated, Earthquake and Typhoon were just big tubs of lard at this stage. You could put two exceptionally big exercise balls in the ring and they'd have done a similar job. AMW are smarter, faster, more agile, know how to turn people's momentum on them (weird point, I know) and - in what is becoming a massive factor lately - infinitely more "hardcore".

With all of their talent, did AMW really have that many great matches? They've had a couple of good ones, but so have the Natural Disasters. With the exception that Earthy & Phoony didn't need to do half as much. So saying AMW are smarter is way off the mark.

AMW vs. the Natural Disasters ends in an 8-8 tie.

My Thoughts. Well since I didn't vote, I'm obligated to be the tie breaker in this situation.

For me, the answer is obvious, AMW will win and advance in this match. AMW is arguable one of the two best tag teams of this decade, an impressive feat considering they are a TNA team. They have more then enough in them to break the rules in this match and beat the Natural Disasters. Earthquake was impressive in his first heel run, but anything that this tag team did was just mind numbingly boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back