ECW Round 3, Match 3: Tomko and Giant Bernard vs. America's Most Wanted

Tomko and Bernard vs. AMW

• Tomko/Bernard

• AMW

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following matchup takes place in an ECW Ring under ECW Extreme Rules.

Tomko and Giant Bernard
gi_tomko_restaurant.JPG

vs.
America's Most Wanted (Wildcat Chris Harris and the Tennessee Cowboy James Storm)
08.jpg

Tomko and Bernard already have AMW beaten in the picture stakes. How is it fair that they get a damn quote!?

All the same, the obvious decision here is AMW. You won't hear me say this a lot, but the obvious decision here is the right one. Tomko and Bernard in Japan aren't shit, but they're no BB&D. They're big enough to offer AMW problems, but not talented enough to pick up a victory. Just don't think about Braden Walker when you vote.

I said don't.

Hmm....interesting match up here. AMW is easily the best team in TNA's short history, but how much is that saying? I have always, for whatever reason and God alone knows why, been a Giant Bernard fan. I like his style and his look, but for the life of me don't know why. Tomko is good and from what I've heard they're a solid tag team. However, AMW was awesome in their time. When a tag match main events a PPV, you've got something special, so I'll go with them in a most interesting match.

Devil's advocate time...

I'm going with Tomko and The Man formerly known as Prince Albert because of the fact that it's ECW Rules... namely none. Now, don't get me wrong, AMW proved they were more than capable of shattering the rules, much like Storm's bottles (bad pun I know), however, I'd give the ability to withstand the assault to Tomko and Bernard.

That being said...it's going to be a very close match, possibly tipped by the fact that Chris Harris has proven just how successful... no wait, I'm meant to be ignoring that fact

There's playing devil's advocate and then there's just lying. You say that the ECW rules would be in Tomko & Bernard's favour. What? C'mon! Tomko and Bernard are hardly known as hardcore wrestlers. The reason you give them the nod is because they're bigger? And not by much.

Need I remind you about the sheer awesome Sacrifice Texas Deathmatch that Storm and Harris had? Or the experience with stupid hardcore gimmicks, like Lethal Lockdown and Christ knows how many matches bleeding for Jeff Jarrett, and fucking Bar Room Brawls come to think of it. Their feud against Triple X (the good variation) certainly wasn't bloodless. Tomko and Bernard have nowhere near this bloody resume.

The hardcore setting doubtlessly, doubtlessly gives AMW the advantage. And a big one at that.

I'm going with AMW. Tomko and Bernard are a fine team, but the future will decide how great they are. AMW may very well be the tag team of the decade, a highly debatable statement considering edge and Christian as the other big tag team.

Sure tomko and Bernard have a nice size advantage, but I daresay that AMW is more hardcore then the two giants are. AMW, as Sam said, had a nasty match at Sacrifice last year, my opinion the match of the year. AMW has more then enough of a mean streak to take down Tomko and Bernard.

Four to five? No way this should be this close. No way at all. Bernard and Tomko suck balls and are only successful in Japan because they're large. There I said it. Now, if anyone cares to argue with my actual reasoning - directly - go ahead. I'll be waiting.

Where's that damn Canadian?

Four to five? No way this should be this close. No way at all. Bernard and Tomko suck balls and are only successful in Japan because they're large. There I said it. Now, if anyone cares to argue with my actual reasoning - directly - go ahead. I'll be waiting.

Where's that damn Canadian?

I've been sidelined with food poisoning. Apparently ordering the chicken burrito and the sushi platter from the outlet mall food court qualifies as a BAD idea.

I want to vote for Tomko and Bernard. I really do. They've made tremendous waves in Jaoan since arriving, and they certainly don't "suck balls" as Sam claims. Sam's viewpoint of them is based off of WWE's poor use of Bernard, and Tomko always playing 2nd fiddle to Christian. Fact is, as a team, they have tremendous synergy and talent.

But AMW was the first thing, aside from MAYBE AJ Styles, that made me interested in TNA. Back when all I'd do was read the PPV results on WrestleZone, prior to their cable TV deal. I'd read about AMW and what they pulled off in the ring and what they accomplished. Then, when I finally saw them, I realized they were even better that I'd anticipated. Synergy, chemistry, talent, strength, speed, agility, killer instinct, EVERYTHING. They'd be able to topple the big men from Japan in a GREAT match.

AMW are very underrated as a team simply because TNA's national popularity starting growing at the same time this team dissolved. AMW was a very good team and would have what it takes to sneak out a win over the bigger and stronger Tomko/Bernard.

I'm going for AMW. Tomko/Giant Bernard have been able to accomplish more and get more recoginition/fan support as a tag team. I still don't think that they deserve to move on to the next round. AMW were a very charismatic team that had great chemistry and were TNA's main tag team for a long time Both Storms & Harris were very solid wrestlers and together made a solid team and deserve to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back