ECW Match 5: Tomko and Giant Bernard vs. The Blade Runners

Tomko and Bernard vs. The Blade Runners

• Tomko and Bernard

• Blade Runners

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
All of these matches take place inside of a ECW Ring with Extreme Rules.

The Match will be open for a week.

Tomko and Bernard are the current version of that team.

The Blade Runners (Sting and Warrior) are circa 1986.

Folks, please do me a favor. EVERYTHING you know about Sting and The Ultimate Warrior - forget it. No value here.

When The Blade Runners started out in 1986, Sting and Rock were VERY green. They weren't the legends and champions they'd later become. They were musclebound grunts sent in by a great heel manager. But they were nothing special, other than total powerhouses and simple, oft botched moves.

I will vote Tomko and Bernard here. In Japan, Tomko and Bernard are among the top tag teams in a very competitive tag team environment. They work well together, they win championships. They are a far more talented and cohesive team than The Bladerunners ever were, no matter what the Bladerunner became.

I will have to agree with Irish here. This is not a match of classic Warrior and Sting vs Tomko and WWE's Albert but instead two rookies vs a very polished tag team. I got to go with Tomko and Giant Bernard on this one.

IC beat me to it. This shouldn't be close, but it will be because of the names. Think of Sting and Warrior for a minute. Warrior in 1988 absolutely sucked in the ring. He was dangerous, wreckless and crazy. Now take away two years experience from that. Think about that for a minute. I'd take Norcal against him for skill at that point. Sting is a great worker today, one of the best ever in fact, but he was nothing back then. They had a cool name, end of discussion. The bald ones though are dominating. Watch some of their stuff in Japan. If you didn't know who they were, you'd be begging WWE or TNA to sign them.

At first, I thought "Ah shit, the Blade Runners! They're old school, and Tomko and Bernard are a relatively obscure team compared to Sting and The Ultimate Fuckin' Warrior." But apparently I needn't have worried, the voice of reason has prevailed.

Look up some Tomko & Bernard matches. They're surprisingly good, though I personally feel they're... not anything, nobody really talks about them. In summary, vote T & B.

Both are shit. Like Irish said, The Blade Runners were green. Tomko & Albert only get jobs in Japan because they go crazy for big Americans. It doesn't make them worth watching. But at least Sting & The Warrior did something in wrestling.

I voted for Bernard and Tomko because they are a more legit tag team than the Bladerunners were. Sting and Warrior are two wrestling Legends, but together they were a lackluster tag team.

Tomko and Bernard squeak by the Bladerunners 11-8.

My Thoughts:
The right choice. The Bladerunners, while bigger eventual names, were a terrible and green team in their run. Tomko and Bernard are far from great, but they have enough at this point of their careers to handle a team of greens.

I really don't think anybody has seen Tomko & Bernard as a team Shocky. I have. It's almost as if they're trying to wrestle green.

I've seen a couple matches, its better then anything I've seen out of the warrior pre 1989. If their name isn't Hogan, Savage or Rude, Warrior is shit.

Shit, yet more entertaining that either Tomko or A-Train. If you try to like T & A because the're shit you'll bore yourself, not so with Warrior.

Shit, yet more entertaining that either Tomko or A-Train. If you try to like T & A because the're shit you'll bore yourself, not so with Warrior.

He wasn't "Warrior" at this time, Jake. He was "Roc." The Blade Runners were Roc and Sting, and they were shit. They weren't even entertaining at the time. They were methodical heels. T&A were as well, but Test and Albert had more continuity than the Bladerunners and were just as entertaining. Again, you cannot hold yourself to the "Warrior and Sting" bias, because those characters hadn't developed until after Sting went to WCW and Warrior to WWF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back