Wrestlezone Tag Team Finals: The British Bulldogs vs. The Hart Foundation

The British Bulldogs vs. The Hart Foundation

• The British Bulldogs

• The Hart Foundation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following is the final Match of the 2nd Annual Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament.

The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid)
08hof-Bulldogs.jpg

vs.

The Hart Foundation (Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart and Bret "The Hitman" Hart)
20.jpg

Man oh man, am I THRILLED with this final! When Shocky announced that he was going to run this tourney again, I envisioned a final with the Harts and the Bulldogs. Of course I'd have pushed hard for BB&D, but I wouldn't have expected them in the finals anyway.

And of course, despite KNOWING that these two teams would make the finale, and despite having WEEKS to think it over, I am still totally torn. I think I know the direction I want to go in, but as Sam has done many times, I want to give you all the chance to convince me. Because I am 60% for one team and 40% for the other.

I'm voting Bulldog because of the weak link - Jim Neidhart. The guy was a big man and a average one at best. Some may say as was Davey but Davey was VERY good in his prime. Also Neidhart is pretty damn slow so The Dynamite Kid could run rings around him. Bret is the only chance the Harts have. But 2 Excellent wrestlers beat 1 excellent wrestler and a average big guy any day of the week.

Oh fucking hell. I typed out an entire response and the site fucking deleted it.

Rest assured I'll post later.

I'm voting Bulldog because of the weak link - Jim Neidhart. The guy was a big man and a average one at best. Some may say as was Davey but Davey was VERY good in his prime. Also Neidhart is pretty damn slow so The Dynamite Kid could run rings around him. Bret is the only chance the Harts have. But 2 Excellent wrestlers beat 1 excellent wrestler and a average big guy any day of the week.

I don't think you can call Jim Neidhart a weak link here. In a tag team environment with Bret as his partner, he wasn't a weak link at all. He was often the recipient of the hot tag after Bret got a beat down. I know it's tough, but you can't allow "revisionist history" to creep in here by looking at Bret's singles career. It means nothing in this tournament - only thing that matters is that Bret and Jim were an amazing and cohesive unit as a team.

As were Davey and Dynamite.

Wait...Jim Neidhart is a weak link, but Davey Boy Smith isn't? What kind of ridiculousness is that? Davey's had one good match in his entire life, and that was when he was carried by Bret at Wembly.

The Hart Foundation wins this one. Assuming Billington is sober and straight enough to actually make it to the ring without falling down in a drug induced stupor, and Smith doesn't miss the match due to his being busy injecting his butt with another steroid shot, I still think the Hart Foundation is a better team, and work together better.

In my opinion, The Bulldogs are a paper tiger, a team that never came close to living up to their potential. It could be because both guys were constantly drugged up, or it could be because they were both always injured, but their potential was always greater than their actual level of performance over the long term.

Ask yourself this. At the end of the day, what did the British Bulldogs really accomplish?

Davey's had one good match in his entire life, and that was when he was carried by Bret at Wembly.

Wrong!

Davey had another great match. In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings. Granted, it was also carried by Bret, but that's neither here nor there.

I'll try to copy what I posted earlier. This is a pain. Anyway, Neidhart is not a weak link. That statement had some kind of hedge to it to soften it earlier, but I can't be fucked to do it again; expect this to be blunt. So I was watching a Foundation vs. Bulldogs match. Bulldogs beat up Bret. Jim runs in, fucks them up in about five seconds, Foundation win. There.

Versatility, bitching about Bulldogs being ECW champions, both great teams, Foundation win, blah, blah, blah. You get the point.

Am I the only one who thinks that it was Bret Hart who was the weak link in the Hart Foundation? As faces all Bret did was sell very well. In each match he spent a good portion of it rolling around on the floor, waiting to tag The Anvil. Neidhart would come in, be super over, clean house, match finishes.

Am I the only one who thinks that it was Bret Hart who was the weak link in the Hart Foundation? As faces all Bret did was sell very well. In each match he spent a good portion of it rolling around on the floor, waiting to tag The Anvil. Neidhart would come in, be super over, clean house, match finishes.

Bingo, Bango, Bongo. You and Irish have hit it on the head. Bret was the weak link of that tag team. He did all of the work, did all of the selling, and Neidhart would be the one to come in and clean house.

So, The Hart Foundation won. They've completely dominated every match they've been in - and they've faced Demolition, The Dudley Boyz, The Outsiders and Harlem Heat. In fact, I believe this is the toughest time they had winning a match, and they've won it with 66% of the vote.

A sound victory for WrestleZone's champion tag team. I told you only real men wear pink. Sadly, The British Bulldogs are denied in the final for a second year. Well, there's always next year. For now, our winners of the Second Annual Tag Team Tournament are Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, The Hart Foundation:

HartFoundation.jpg

Here here. Great choice as these guys are indeed one of if not the greatest tag team ever. I've said for a long tiem that power and speed are the perfect combination, and these guys were the prototypes along with the Bulldogs.

Thank you for a great tournament Shocky. Very fun as always.

Yeah, thanks Shocky. It's just a shame the forum is dead, and that I'm not really into tag wrestling.

I still think posts counts off might have effected it in a way.

I've long been of the opinion of one tournament at a time, then 3 months between them. But the forum isn't active anyway so it might still have been a little barren.

Tag Wrestling is such a hard sell, and it really caters to the "Old School" guys in my opinion. Tag Wrestling this decade is atrocious and spotty at best. There are few tag teams that I think could actually hange with mediocre tag teams of the past, but that's clearly just my opinion. Again, I think the post count being off might have had soemthing to do with it, but there's a reason I went that way with this one, to experiment.

Edge and Christian didn't win this year, the Hart Foundation are the winners with the Bulldogs coming in second. Probably not going to be anymore Tag Team Tournaments, at least for a while. There simply isn't enough interest in it, and I really don't see it changing out of E&C, Bulldogs and the Harts from year to year.

My Tournament MVP is Sam. Clearly the guy knows his stuff and he posted on damn near every match. Not to say others didn't, but Sam is the one that ran with this thing moreso then anyone, so Sam should get the credit for keeping the interest in this thing going.

Shocky, I never get bored with your tournaments, and allowing the mods and admins to appoint wild card teams was genius. Some teams that may have NEVER gotten into a tag tournament with 64 teams in it not only got to compete, but they advanced, too! Of course, I speak directly of The Thrillseekers (3-1 I think) and Big, Bad, & Dangerous (made it to the WWE Divison Finals.)

Sam made this thing interesting. His pesky PM's and board room posts "you need to come post, IC!" really forced me to step up my game a touch. He's my tournament rival.

I was also THRILLED to see The Rougeaus get a little respect in this thing. I've always held them in high regard, and I was happy to see others did as well.

The "power teams" did not fare well, outside of BB&D. The Road Warriors and Demolition had disappointing showings to say the least, an I could not care less. Give me Harlem Heat and the Harts over the LOD any day.

Deuces Wild indeed

The Survivor Series Tournament is proving that there's lots of potential to be had by an odd couple tag tournament.

Hulk Hogan & Hardcore Holly? Can Hogans skill alone take them through or is Holly too much of a weak link? You know you want to do it Shocky.:thumbsup:

The Survivor Series Tournament is proving that there's lots of potential to be had by an odd couple tag tournament.

Hulk Hogan & Hardcore Holly? Can Hogans skill alone take them through or is Holly too much of a weak link? You know you want to do it Shocky.:thumbsup:

A WZ Battlebowl. Awesomeness.

I suggested it months ago. i EVEN THINK SLYFOX SAID IT WAS AN INTRESTING IDEA. oR i'M making this shit up.

I'm not typing that out again^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back