WZ Pet peeves

There's a fine line between Sucking up and being friendly. My opinion of kb hasn't changed neither did it of Irish or Shocky. and my opinion of Jake never changed when he stepped down.

There's a fine line between Sucking up and being friendly. My opinion of kb hasn't changed neither did it of Irish or Shocky. and my opinion of Jake never changed when he stepped down.

Every post I view these days is referred back to Sly in some form.

-People who request sigs every few days.
-People who request the same sig from multiple sig makers.
-People who make absolutely ridiculous sig requests.
-People who post sig requests in a showcase thread.

The list goes on and on...

Ryder Marks.

My absolute main annoyance on the forum is when people give their thread a random icon like a thumbs up or a smiley face. Pisses me off.

People who are overly obsesses with their reputation (not just the points) and status. Meaning constant posting for the sake of it, sucking up to each other and the authorities and reading "higher valued" opinions and adopt them just because you seem to be clever then (what SD meant with groupthink).

I hate it when people capitalize every word of their post. It's basic elementary school grammar people, it's not hard to figure out.

The same goes for there, they're and their. Seriously, this pisses me off that people can't figure it out.

I get annoyed when people use ellipses incorrectly or overuse commas.

I didn't know it until I came into this thread, but not spelling a word out when you spell the rest of the sentence out. PPL need to stop doing this.

THE CAPITAL AT THE START OF EVERY SENTENCE USED TO BE A FORUM THING WHEN YOU ORIGINALLY POST IN CAPITALS.

It's Not Anymore However.

Threads getting merged that are only marginally related, e.g. "Let's Analyse Randy Orton's Career" being merged with "Is Randy Orton ready for another world title?"

Official threads.

Dozens of sections, most of which draw a maximum of four posts a day.

Rudeness.

Smilies at the front of thread titles.
Use of this icon: :banghead:
Bad grammar.
People who don't get sarcasm even when it is as clear as day.
People who get angry at trolls thinking that they are sincere.
People who post in the prison a lot in order to appear more intelligent than they are.
People.

Mine is all grammatical. Their / there / they're. I also hate when people spell words wrong in thread titles. It's ok if you make a typo in the body of the post, but have some pride in your work and proofread your thread titles.

Mod vultures. You know, the guys who are lurking and just waiting for a mod to step down from his position on staff, and then they emerge out of the woodwork trying to become the next mod. Stating their desire to become mod. Campaigning for why they should be the next mod. Polls get set up for who should become the next mod, and the discussions goes on to death as to who it should be and why.

Ferbian stepped down in a somewhat abrupt fashion. People were tripping over themselves to replace him. Stating their desire to become a mod, campaigning, groveling, etc., Then Doc was chosen and talk settled down.

Then tdigs stepped down, and here we go again. The same desperate pleas to try to fill his shoes.

The way I see it, when someone steps down, the staff will decide if they need to select someone new to replace him, and who it will be. No need for begging and groveling and campaigning. No need for polls. I imagine the staff will select someone new, if necessary, based upon merit, rather than based upon sucking up.

I find it annoying that this happens every single time staff changes happen.

Smilies at the front of thread titles.
Use of this icon: :banghead:
Bad grammar.
People who don't get sarcasm even when it is as clear as day.

People who get angry at trolls thinking that they are sincere.
People who post in the prison a lot in order to appear more intelligent than they are.
People.

So D-man then.

Best *insert random wrestler's* match ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fucking rolling smiley. I hate it when people use it for is to attempt to humiliate other posters, and I don't like it. I'm all for humiliating other people, I just prefer you do it using superior intelligence, not smileys.

It's okay when you're laughing at one of my hilarious jokes, though.

Regarding the mod vultures, the people that say who they think should be mods. Not so much a peeve but something that makes me laugh. They have no freaking idea what they're talking about and their picks/suggestions are laughable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back