WWE WrestleMania XXXIV Kickoff: WWE Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Finals

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Due to his win over Drew Gulak on last night's episode of 205 Live, Mustafa Ali will head to WrestleMania to face Cedric Alexander for the vacant Cruiserweight Championship.

Mustafa Ali has come a long way with these various sit down interviews they've done with him over the course of the tourney as he's become a babyface fans are investing in. While Cedric hasn't made as big of a stride, he's still moving forward in the right direction, especially with his emotional post match promo last week after beating Roderick Strong in their semi-final match.

I have a feeling this bout winds up on the kickoff show, but it feels like it's anyone's match right now. With that said, I have a feeling that Alexander wins the title. He'd have probably been champion already, unfortunately, if he hadn't suffered a knee injury that kept him out for a good long while and he's just someone that people were hugely impressed with after his match in the Cruiserweight Classic against Kota Ibushi. It just feels more like it's his time now.

O.k. so the match it set for the mania kickoff show. It's Cedric vs mustafa. In a way i'm sad that this match will happen at mania because i'm pretty sure this will get the death slot on the kickoff where most peoples are still wanting to enter the stadium and they are wrestling in from of almost nobody. But it will be a good match and i see Cedric win the match and Mustafa turning heel on Cedric after the match.

I'm liking the idea of this match more and more every day.

205 Live has been so below the radar lately that I'm somewhat suspicious if the reason why isn't so much that the WWE wants the focus to be on the heavier athletes, but is more because the WWE is planning to let Cedric and Mustafa create a new beginning for 205 Live at WrestleMania.

Lighter athletes are typically used to showcase their circus-style acrobatics, which for some of us (including myself) can get pretty obnoxious. I don't think that Cedric and Mustafa intend to just go through the motions out there, and I don't think that the WWE would undermine the brand by telling them not to do something that would help generate some publicity. I think that Cedric and Mustafa are investing as much time and energy that they can to prepare for this match, and that we fans will be in for another Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage barn burner.

So with the announcement that both battle royal are getting special announce team pretty much mean that this match is going to be the opening match on the kickoff in from of almost nobody which is sad for these guy because they deserved better then being put first on the card and being threated as if they mean nothing.

They still going to have a great match but I won't mean anything because the by the time the kickoff is over, they will be forgotten.

I think that Cedric and Mustafa are investing as much time and energy that they can to prepare for this match, and that we fans will be in for another Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage barn burner.

This. 205 Live has featured some fantastic matches in the cruiserweight championship tournament. At first, I was watching it just to have something to fall asleep on, but instead 205 Live has become one of my favorite hours of content every week.

It is my hope that Cedric/Mustafa open the kickoff show and are given 20-25 minutes bell-to-bell. Since Wrestlemania is going to run about seven hours long, I don't think this is too much to ask. I'm actually really looking forward to this match because unlike last year, I think both men involved are committed to rebuilding the cruiserweight division into a more serious platform, and you can't teach that.

As for who wins, I am actually hoping for Mustafa Ali, but I would bet on Alexander. Cruiserweight title matches should be featured on every network special moving forward, and hopefully 205 Live continues to build momentum after Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back