WWE WrestleMania XXXIV Kickoff - The WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After the controversy stirred up by naming the battle royal in honor of the Fabulous Moolah, after some of the Fabulous Moolah's shady dealings in the past gained huge media attention, the match is now simply the WrestleMania Woman's Battle Royal and it's open to women on the main and NXT rosters.

I feel that this match should also be on the kickoff show, though I don't see it happening as I think someone would start bitching that he women weren't being treated as equals even though 3 of the top matches for the show this year are two Women's Championship matches and one mixed tag match that features, arguably, the most famous female athlete since Venus Williams.

This could be a fun little match just for the novelty and because it's wide open. Anyone could win this but, as with the men's battle royal, I don't expect much to come out of this. It's primarily a way so that the women can share in the WrestleMania payday but it's filler, so it should be on the kickoff show, in my opinion.

It's my understanding that the Andre the Giant battle royal has been occurring on the kickoff show, so putting the women's battle royal on the kickoff show shouldn't ruffle too many feathers. Lord knows they'll probably put the women's battle royal on the main card because of the whole "1st ever" thing, but whatever.

I really like that this is happening, because the WWE has been getting really smart about how to make the WrestleMania battle royals extra special. I was blown away when Shaq was a participant at one of the Andre the Giant battle royals. The WWE could potentially get some big names like Gina Carano or Simone Biles to shock the crowd into a permanent state of fascination, or even give some indy women a tryout for those of us who are aware that the women's wrestling revolution started long before the WWE caught on.

I think that the winner of this one will get more esteem than the winner of the Andre the Giant battle royal. The Andre the Giant battle royal might be new in its own right, but it was basically a means of dealing with an abundance of talent and not so much a means of recognizing who they want to push subsequently. The women's division, from what I can tell, is lacking in terms of how many people are involved with it. I think that there's room in the women's world title scene, or especially if perhaps they make a women's mid-card title, for whomever wins this one.

This one doesn't bear the name of a legend, thus the winner won't be patronized with a trophy that practically overshadows them. The winner of this match will be known from then on as the winner of the first ever WrestleMania women's battle royal, the focus will be directly on them. I'm thinking that this is where Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch will be given a long overdue WrestleMania moment.

This will be all about Sasha and Bayley so I'm excited to see what the final straw will be, since my gut tells me that one of them will turn heel on the RAW after Wrestlemania. I'd also like to see Becky Lynch win this. I think Becky is underutilized and would make a great underdog face.

So this in my opinion will be one of the three kickoff matches on the card. Let'S face it, this always felt like an afterthought even when you had moolah attach to it. This will be all about how bayley will screw Sasha out of the victory and maybe having carmella win the match before cashing in her briefcase later down the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back