• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Talking to Sting

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Apparently the WWE are talking to Sting in the report below. While I usually take this with a pinch of salt because it is 'that time of year' I think this year really could be the year it happens.

Wrestlemania 27
It is common knowledge now that Sting was in advanced talks with WWE about appearing at Mania 27. WWE even set up all the hype and promos that pointed towards Sting but when he backed out of the deal, Triple H was thrown in.

TNA
People are jumping the sinking ship left right and centre and I do not think TNA has ever been in this bad shape.

Brock Lesnar
Rumoured for a while that Brock vs Taker will take place but lest we forget, WWE had the chance last year and Mania 30 was due to be Brock vs Rock! Brock has signalled his intentions for the WWE Title. Where does that leave him with Undertaker?

Now or Never
Taker is winding down his career, Sting is 54. Mania 30 is the biggest to date and just around the corner. Everything makes perfect sense.

I know parts of the IWC will be against this, the ones who want 'wrestling' and beat off to the spot monkeys. While the match probably wont be a technical classic, the build up and the story is enough for me. This is still a match for the ages.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/445371-wwe-talking-to-sting-jake-roberts

Who is jumping off the "sinking ship"?

95 percent of the people who recently left were released. They didn't jump off.

Pinch of salt? Try an entire salt mine.

Until there are real reports of a definite deal close or in place, I won't come even close to a "pinch" of salt.

Until Sting is walking down a ramp with a WWE logo on it, I won't fully believe any "reports."

You know this kind of report is repetitive when even WZ is putting something along the lines of "it's that time of year again."

That said, if he can get a deal in place in time to make WM30, which I'm not sure he has time, he would be a great opponent (build up wise) for Undertaker. It would be a dream match and wouldn't force Taker to take the beating he would against Lesnar.

How was Triple H just thrown into the fued in Wrestlemania 27? If my memory serves me correctly I believe Wrestlezone reported it was going to be Triple H vs Undertaker a few months before it actually happened. To the topic in hand, It would be cool to see Sting vs Undertaker but at this stage what story could you tell, how would you build the fued? and would Sting really come back for 1 last match and lose.

Presumably, he will have a no compete clause in his contract, so is there even time to get him in for WM?

I'd love to see it happen, I would. But part of me thinks 1. Sting wouldn't want to jump ship but continue to help TNA as long as he can. 2. He wouldn't want to come in almost un-noticed with all the names returning this WM period. Now I can't be sure of these, I am not Sting, nor do I know him personally to judge. But I feel this isn't the year, and if it isn't this year then it is never in a wrestling capacity.

When I see:

WWE SIGNS STING!

On the WWE site's front page, I'll believe it. These reports come out every year and every year they "get closer" to a new deal while Sting is in limbo with TNA. Only for Sting to re-sign. I swear I think Sting only uses this hype for leverage in TNA talks.

The only difference this year is that TNA is making a lot of budget cuts. Nobody voluntarily jumped ship. If Styles was asked to take a severe paycut, I can't imagine Dixie having the dollars Sting would want. Even if it's a good deal in his mind. Unless the cutbacks were due in part to them wanting the money to re-sign him knowing his deal was set to expire (although, they aren't too bright with contracts these days), then I don't expect Sting back with TNA either.

If they pay Sting, but can't pay a full-time worker in Styles, they're idiots.

But back to the topic: I'll believe it when I see it. Personally, there are so many big stars now being talked back into being a part of WM (Hogan, Piper, Warrior, etc), does anyone really care if Sting IS there? Yeah there is a connection between he, Hogan and Warrior. But that ship has sailed for me.

I'd love to see it happen just for the mark out moment, but as each year goes by I see this as a less and less likely possibility. If it doesn't happen this year, I would expect Sting to take a WWE HoF spot in the coming years, and maybe do some hosting for DVDs and the network, but I seriously doubt we ever see him in a WWE ring if he doesn't go for it this year. This Mania is already so loaded with star power that don't have definite roles yet though, we shall see…

Not happening kids... not to wrestle anyway... Now I CAN see them talking to him for either a HOF induction of his own or more likely to induct Warrior. As his original Tag partner it would be far more fitting for Sting to do it than Hogan.

TNA has had the benefit of Christian for it's HOF so it's not beyond the realms that as Sting is pretty much out of contract even if he was staying he would be allowed to do 30...

At the end of the day every person who has held a title in the last 30 years is gonna be in the mix or rumored to appear between now and the night... If he's gonna show up to either the HOF or 30... they probably won't actually advertise it until RIGHT before so as to spike the network subscriptions.

How was Triple H just thrown into the fued in Wrestlemania 27? If my memory serves me correctly I believe Wrestlezone reported it was going to be Triple H vs Undertaker a few months before it actually happened. To the topic in hand, It would be cool to see Sting vs Undertaker but at this stage what story could you tell, how would you build the fued? and would Sting really come back for 1 last match and lose.

Sting has gone on record and confirmed the reports. He said he was very close to a match with Taker so all those creepy videos pointed to sting.

When I see:

WWE SIGNS STING!

On the WWE site's front page, I'll believe it. These reports come out every year and every year they "get closer" to a new deal while Sting is in limbo with TNA. Only for Sting to re-sign. I swear I think Sting only uses this hype for leverage in TNA talks.

Don't expect to see that anytime soon.

Think about it, if you were in charge of such a decision whether or not to reveal Sting, would you rather do it on the WWE website, or have one of the biggest Raw cliffhangers in history?

But, like others, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sting has gone on record and confirmed the reports. He said he was very close to a match with Taker so all those creepy videos pointed to sting.

I remember what Sting said but still don't by that the creepy video package was for Sting, you can even see Taker passing the window and blowing out candles in 2 of those videos,

It's obvious, isn't it? Sting is clearly going to be the 30th entrant in the 2014 Royal Rumble match, and he is going to win the Rumble. After doing so, he will abandon his automatic title shot at WM30, choosing instead to redeem it for a shot at the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. It's so obvious, it practically writes itself.

Unless, of course, it's pure IWC speculation and dirt sheet generated garbage. At the end of the day, while I guess it is a possibility, I see a Sting to WWE as being unlikely at best. In all likelihood, he's staying right where he is, unless he decided to hang up his boots altogether.

Then again, they are inducting the Ultimate Warrior into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Maybe it is possible for pigs to fly twice.

Sting for many is an all time hero. He showed loyalty, he never jumped ship. Yes he had his down times, but we all remember the WCW Sting in his pomp, the early 90's Hawaiian, the mid 90s crow.. and I agree with the other guys, the MARK OUT moment would be an OMFG moment. If, and only if, and it is a MASSIVE if... don't tease, just do it. Just imagine, Mania.. Sting walks down the ramp with "he's here" bellowing from the speaker system. Sadly, he's way past his best, and I love the guy, but he is way past it. For a one time only - icon vs icon match, its not about who wins or loses. Taker wont lose to anyone at Mania, plus it will never happen again - no point in doing so.

Sting could come back to promote the WWE Network and be used to present classic PPV's - just think of the old WCW content on the WWE Network. Even if he has 1 match with taker and loses, who really cares. Let him have his 1 mania moment and ride off into the sunset with his head held high and a WWE HOF induction!

I would like to see Sting vs Taker but would of loved to see it years ago. That being said not buying it for one second until it is confirmed. We have gone threw this nearly every year around this time for the past few years. I wonder if Sting and TNA make sure to have his contract start to come around this time every year to troll people and get a cheap bit of publicity.

For me, I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to agree with Vince. WWE's been reaching out to him for years, so much to the point that even Vince himself no longer really cares about signing him. And you know that Taker vs. Sting for WrestleMania would be a huge money match just on the sheer novelty of the match alone, that's an indicator of how frustrated with the whole thing he's become. I just think it's time for Sting to shit or get off the pot.

However, I honestly have to give credit to Triple H for the tenacity he puts into reaching out to guys that you'd think you'd never see in WWE. After all, it was Triple H who ultimately convinced Bruno Sammartino to be in the HOF last year. Triple H is a businessman, but the fact that he's a wrestler gives him an insight and experience that Vince simply doesn't have. It gives Trips a unique connection with these guys and regardless of what some say about him, Triple H has never stopped being a fan no matter what.

Im also in the boat I will believe it when i see it.. This act has been happening for what 4 years or so,the WWE is close,sting is coming just a few minor details to tie up,and then nothing happens.. Sting didnt sign with WWE because he didnt wanna be buried and who could blame him he would have been.

Sting is perfectly happy in TNA,he calls his own shots as far as anyone can do anyway.. He clearly doesnt need the money or he would have jumped ship years ago. I just dont see it happening ever! I think that shipped has sailed sadly

Im frothing at da mouth 4 a sting/taker match at wm. W/stings contract ending i truly hope he finally jumps 2 wwe 4 his swansong. He can even induct ultimate warrior n2 hof and have an epic feud w/taker/cena/punk/bryan etc b4 his induction n2 hof by ric flair

Well I can't see TNA letting Magnus drop the strap that quickly and they just announced a title vs career match on Impact between Sting and Magnus for next week's edition.

So unless the Stinger wants to go completely out of the wrestling scene, I guess there is a very big chance that this year could finally be the year that we see Sting in the E.

Or it maybe me putting 2+2 together and getting 5, let's just wait & see.

Im frothing at da mouth 4 a sting/taker match at wm. W/stings contract ending i truly hope he finally jumps 2 wwe 4 his swansong. He can even induct ultimate warrior n2 hof and have an epic feud w/taker/cena/punk/bryan etc b4 his induction n2 hof by ric flair

After seeing Sting v ECIII tonight I've come to the conclusion that I don't care if he ever shows up in WWE and do not want him to get a spot in The Streak. He looks pretty terrible. The splash, the lack of bumps, the shirt, the bald spot, it's tough to watch.

I've been a huge supporter of the idea of Sting/UT in the past from both a fan and financial perspective and I am done. I've lost interest. Even if the OP was on to something I don't know if it is even worth it.

Fuck it, I'd rather HHH and UT go out and steal the show again. Sting looks like shit and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed him in the ring.

its January, so of course the Sting talking with WWE rumours start.
I mean, Sting is 54 and wrestles in a fucking t-shirt, he would need to get into some shape for a main event match with Undertaker. And if they did go this way, they would have to really sell Sting to the casual WWE audience of kids who wouldnt have much of a clue of how big a deal Sting actually WAS. His TNA run hasnt been explosive, he has helped them but isnt anywhere near the level he was in WCW. WWE would have to push WCW content down the throats, have Hulk Hogan and guys of that ilk state on Raw how he could never beat Sting 1 on 1 in WCW or TNA. Flair would need to come out and state how Sting beat him many times and took over WCW, hell he could say thats why he came to WWE in 1991,l whatever they want to tell the paying public. For older fans like me, yes it would be a mark out moment, but Sting would need to do his bnit on his end. Remember the out of shape phone it in Sting that turned up ar Starrcade 1997, affter not wrestling a lick for 18 months and knowing the entire WCW/nWo angle would culminate at Starrcade 1997, he turned up shabby at best. Vince would not let this happen I am sure, so would need assurances in place that Sting did the right thing.
My maths says that there are 10 weeks from the Rumble to Wrestlemania, I wouldnt envisage seeing Sting at the earliest maybe hanging around the rafters at Elimination Chmaber or the night after on Raw, the same night the Network goes live. Good time for older fans and newer fans to pay their $10 to see what the big deal is/was about Sting to warrant wanting to see him at Wrestlemania in such a huge clash.

I do not understand why this constant fascination with Sting? How many decades are you going to keep spreading the rumors that he is talking to the WWE and ready to jump ship. The guy is 54 years old. How is he any better than watching the crippled Hogan?

And you want this senior citizen to fight, arguably the best of all time, the Undertaker, who is 48 years old? Why in the hell would Sting be given that opportunity? Did he earn it by paying his dues in the WWE or something?

I do not understand why this constant fascination with Sting? How many decades are you going to keep spreading the rumors that he is talking to the WWE and ready to jump ship. The guy is 54 years old. How is he any better than watching the crippled Hogan?

There are a lot of fans that are on their last legs as wrestling fans, and watching the old guys give it a go again reconnects them to the product in a way that hasn't happened in years.

Using myself as an example, it's been 11 years since I've been invested in wrestling. If Sting shows up in WWE, I'll order Wrestlemania.

And you want this senior citizen to fight, arguably the best of all time, the Undertaker, who is 48 years old? Why in the hell would Sting be given that opportunity? Did he earn it by paying his dues in the WWE or something?

Undertaker isn't close to being the best of all time and it isn't even arguable. The only notch on his belt that is "great" is the streak, which is a gimmick. Is Goldberg arguably the best of a all time because of his streak? Of course not.

Undertaker is one of the best big men ever, but that's it. And Sting has earned whatever he wants in the business. He's given the fans everything he has ever had and he's been a company man. He's given great matches and he's never had a problem putting guys over. He was extremely over in the 90s and he was a bigger star than The Undertaker until the WWF became the juggernaut at the end of the decade and WCW died.

Right. I'll wait on the "reports" of Undertaker possibly missing Wrestlemania, because he's too banged up in February or March. :rolleyes:

It must be that time of year again, because the "Sting might jump ship to WWE" reports are coming out. I have the same answer I had back in 2012: I don't care anymore.

When someone made the faux Wrestlemania 27 poster with Sting holding a card with Undertaker's picture in 2011, yeah, I was interested in Sting coming to WWE. But you have to accept the truth now. It's not going to happen. Sting is happy in TNA, and he's not going to leave.

The allure of Sting in WWE does nothing for me, and when it comes to The Streak, I'm more interested in opponents on WWE's current roster. John Cena vs Undertaker is a legit dream match, and I fear for his health if it happens, but Brock Lesnar VS Undertaker is a blockbuster match that's worthy of a main event spot. And I have different feelings for this match up now, but Daniel Bryan is another opponent, who could create some buzz with Taker at Wrestlemania, because Bryan is riding an unbelievable hot streak now.

The Undertaker doesn't have too many years left in the ring, and WWE shouldn't waste a Streak match on Sting. Match ups with Cena, Lesnar, and Bryan have more potential than a match with Sting, because I can't remember the last Sting match that was good or great. Now a days, the vast majority of Sting's matches are mediocre, barely above average, underwhelming, and forgettable.

This Wrestlemania is quite special, it´s the 30th edition of it, and that number is quite special.

Having tell that, you can see why WWE wants to bring in Sting for this edition. It´s a landmark edition, they want to have a mix of young and a bit of nostalgia factor in it, and i do understand that. While, i know the match itself will be bad(although you guys are selling Sting´s ring skills, short. after all i doubt he has any motivation going in TNA, he´s not called to do great matches anymore, he´s just more of the guy, another one beats to get over, i truly believe he still has one last great match in the tank), but the feud itself if well written, will blow anything that the WWE could do with Lesnar(been there, done that), Bryan(overrated and doesn´t mix at all with the undertaker), Cena(If he turned heel, could be nice, but since that´s not happening, meh), because it´s something fresh, new, and both gimmicks combine to absolutely perfection. The feud itself, despite both being quite old at this stage, could be a blockbuster and will help sell Wrestlemania by itself.

PS: Sting lost a Career vs Title match at Impact Tapings. This kinda doesn´t make sense when two weeks or so ago, i saw a report that there were plans for Sting after Genesis. Guess those plans are out of the picture right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back