• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting is finally coming to the WWE.

MrGameTime

Pre-Show Stalwart
Heres some facts.

Stings TNA contract expires in 7 days.

He has stated many times that he wants to face Undertaker and to do at least 1 wrestlemania.

WWE have been interested in signing Sting for years.

Sting has been nervous signing with WWE mainly due to Vince and about how his character would be used. But now as we all know its Hunter running the scene and is now pursuing Sting

Sting is very good friends with Hogan (who will be appearing at WM30) And hogan stated in a radio interview several months ago about how even he thought Sting should go to WWE for the Mania match with Taker

Sting is very good friends with HBK, bear in mind this connection to Hunter.

Sting has now left TNA (after the magnus career match)

TNA itself is having problems with many talent leaving and I would have a good guess WWE would be offering Sting a crazy amount of cash to jump ship, along with a possible HOF induction/dvd's/action figure deals etc etc

Sting has removed TNA and its website from his facebook page and twitter.
Sting has quoted the original WCW quote on these pages

What are your thoughts???
I have a feeling this is actually happening, even in 2011 I wasn't convinced of the promos but this year I think he will jump ship.

Its now or never Stinger.....

IF Sting really is leaving TNA and does intend to come to WWE, then it all depends on what the nature of his contract is. The last I heard, TNA talents had to sign a 90 day no compete clause as part of their contract. That means that said talent can't appear in any wrestling company that televises its broadcasts out over national television, syndication or over the internet for 3 months.

If a 90 day no compete clause is part of Sting's deal and if he does come to WWE, he can't legally be part of WrestleMania XXX. WrestleMania XXX takes place on April 6th, and Sting wouldn't be able to legally make his first WWE appearance until the first couple days of May.

Whatever Sting does, I reckon he wouldn't have parted TNA on bad terms. He is the consummate professional who did his utmost to get TNA over. I hope he does go to Mania, he deserves a spot.

Yeah i am sure do to respect for the man and a undisclosed pay day TNA would wave the 90 day no compete deal. That being said until i see Sting signs with WWE on the front page not gonna hold my breath.

If Sting does in fact face Taker at WrestleMania 30, aesthetically it will be epic to see him come out in his Crow gear. To have 2 of the darkest, most mysterious wrestlers in history have a long stare down will be a huge moment in itself. I look forward to that part.

As for the actual match, I am ready to be disappointed. Taker would have to carry the match this time, as Sting is 54 years old and looks out of shape. I fully expect this to be Sting's last match if he does sign a deal with WWE. And I don't think they would want him for more than that 1 match. After Mania, they'd probably be happy to let him retire or return to TNA. A match with Taker is really the only thing they would have for him, other than a HOF induction next year or soon thereafter.

I don´t get why Taker must carry the match, the guy only wrestles once a year and looks in worse shape than Sting who wrestlers many more times than him and it wasn´t much ago that we saw good Sting matches. He just doesn´t have to have 4/5 stars matches anymore in TNA, they don´t require that out of fim, but i´m pretty sure that he will try to get back to shape if he does come to TNA, this week match with Magnus really proves that TNA doesn´t know how to build main events, but that´s not Sting fault´s and i was quite surprised to see him, a 54 year old do a SuperPlex and getting up like it was nothing. Taker takes a slam and takes ages to get up.

How about this thought. Sting signs with the WWE but cannot compete due to the 90 day clause. BUT, at Wreslemania, Taker wins his match against whomever it will be, then the lights go off, and up in the rafters a Sting look-a-like is shown with a baseball bat. WWE can keep the cameras far enough away, so no one can really tell if it is Sting or not. This sets the table for Sting/Taker at Mania 31.

Here's the big question: If Sting said the only way he'd come to WWE is if he's the one who ends the streak, would Vince do that?

Do you guys think that Sting would come to WWE just to lose to Undertaker? I just don't see it and I also don't see Vince agreeing to let Sting end the streak. It's just not good for business.

There is no way Vince would EVER agree to sign Sting under the sole agreement that he would end the streak. Vince wouldnt turn his back on a 20+ year dedicated employee and draw for one person that up until now didnt want anything to do with WWF/WWE. Not a chance.

If Sting signs, I would like him as an inductee to the Hall of Fame, but I would not want him to wrestle. His best days are far behind him and in my opinion, he doesn't have the name value he once did. WCW ended 13 years ago and I think these days, he would only appeal to the older demographics. If this was early to mid 2000, maybe, but as of now, I wouldn't want him to wrestle

I don't think anyone, even Sting, would suggest that he should end the streak. I'm sure he would be happy to put over the Undertaker.

Sting's objection to WWE for many years was partially based on the treatment they gave to guys like Booker T, what with the whole "who the hell are you" thing the Rock did, that kind of buried BT.

Losing a streak match to the Undertaker is not the equivalent of being buried (unless its a casket match tehe), in fact I'm sure most guys would rather lose to the Undertaker in a streak match than win to someone else on a different match on the card.

Heres some facts.

Stings TNA contract expires in 7 days.

He has stated many times that he wants to face Undertaker and to do at least 1 wrestlemania.

WWE have been interested in signing Sting for years.

Sting has been nervous signing with WWE mainly due to Vince and about how his character would be used. But now as we all know its Hunter running the scene and is now pursuing Sting

Sting is very good friends with Hogan (who will be appearing at WM30) And hogan stated in a radio interview several months ago about how even he thought Sting should go to WWE for the Mania match with Taker

Sting is very good friends with HBK, bear in mind this connection to Hunter.

Sting has now left TNA (after the magnus career match)

TNA itself is having problems with many talent leaving and I would have a good guess WWE would be offering Sting a crazy amount of cash to jump ship, along with a possible HOF induction/dvd's/action figure deals etc etc

Sting has removed TNA and its website from his facebook page and twitter.
Sting has quoted the original WCW quote on these pages

What are your thoughts???
I have a feeling this is actually happening, even in 2011 I wasn't convinced of the promos but this year I think he will jump ship.

Its now or never Stinger.....

Couple things. Firstly, it's not a "fact" that his TNA contract expires. We have no idea what his status is with TNA. It's a rumor that his contract expires, and him removing references to TNA doesn't necessarily mean anything. And when has Sting ever stated he wanted to face Undertaker or appear at WrestleMania? I'd love to see one actual quote from him, let alone many times. The rest (friendship with HBK, WWE's long time interest in him, what they'd offer to jump ship, etc) not only are rumors not facts but they have all been true for years and it turned out to be meaningless when people thought they meant he would sign with WWE in the past.

There's only one relevant fact here. One. Triple H is now in charge. That changes everything. He's proven that it changes things, besides the obvious on screen changes in his short time running things he's also already brought back Bruno Sammartino and Ultimate Warrior. If he can work with them, he certainly has a better chance of working with Sting. Still, it's far from a guarantee.

IF Sting really is leaving TNA and does intend to come to WWE, then it all depends on what the nature of his contract is. The last I heard, TNA talents had to sign a 90 day no compete clause as part of their contract. That means that said talent can't appear in any wrestling company that televises its broadcasts out over national television, syndication or over the internet for 3 months.

If a 90 day no compete clause is part of Sting's deal and if he does come to WWE, he can't legally be part of WrestleMania XXX. WrestleMania XXX takes place on April 6th, and Sting wouldn't be able to legally make his first WWE appearance until the first couple days of May.

Actually, that's a non-issue here. Remember, no compete clauses don't apply to expiring contracts. If it is true that Sting's contract expires in 7 days, then he only has a 7 day no compete clause. The terms of the contract only apply for the duration of the contract. Once it expires, the whole thing expires, including no compete clauses.

Here's the big question: If Sting said the only way he'd come to WWE is if he's the one who ends the streak, would Vince do that?

Do you guys think that Sting would come to WWE just to lose to Undertaker? I just don't see it and I also don't see Vince agreeing to let Sting end the streak. It's just not good for business.

Obviously he's not going to come in to end the streak, nor would he expect to. That's not a question at all. If he comes in to do a match with Undertaker, it's not going to be a one match and done situation. He's almost certainly going to do matches before the Undertaker match(which means we should be looking at WrestleMania XXXI for that match, not WrestleMania XXX) and I'd be shocked if that was his last match. Look at the deals they had with The Rock and Brock Lesnar recently as templates for what they could do with Sting. The WrestleMania matches would be the centerpiece of the deal, but there were several other big matches and appearances (including a Hall of Fame induction) involved as well.

Unfortunately for lifelong fans such as myself, Sting to WWE has become more of a pipe dream with each passing year. The 2014 incarnation seems especially far-fetched, heel Dixie Carter using her corporate champ to take out legends.

Sting is staying in TNA, his "departure" was a storyline to troll people, same as Jeff Hardy.

Logistical Booker says: Odds of Sting Appearing at Wrestlemania XXX? Very slim to none. See ya on IMPACT! in a month, Stinger. (I hope TNA continues to give wrestlers an alternative destination to apply their craft, I'm just not sure how much value a 54 year old Steve Borden has left to a company that is trimming the fat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g1m2cXOQGM b4 you berate others maybe you want to check google or youtube it's not hard to find, bout half way through there's a Radio show and he directly comments on facing Undertaker at WrestleMania and or doing 1 WrestleMania and that last year he almost jumped ship. Saying that i'll believe it when it happens, Sting is not relevant, he's a hasbeen compared to his glory past and it's way too late now to try and recapture "what if", i'd mark out for that 1 match sure but that's it i certainly wont lose any sleep if he never jumps over..

I realized I just called AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy legends, that is a matter of opinion and I did not mean to imply such a thing. With all due respect to AJ and Jeff, neither man is on Sting's level.

New poster, slightly nervous, folks.

I don't want to see this match for the same reason I don't watch TNA even when Flair, Hogan, and Sting were all on there. While I admire those guys, they have been around too long. Same with Taker.

This match would have been an epic main event 10 years ago. Now you will get you to nostalgia all over yourself and then be let down by two over the hill wrestlers.

for gods sake. sign the man do the hof, dvds, toys, then feed him a few jobbers and a couple mid card guys then have him pin or beat taker in a match or 2 leading up to mania 31 then the final chance at retrobution with undertaker yet to beat sting and let undertaker finally get the win(barely) at mania. have the hype that sting has had the undertakers number and blah blah. therefore sting gets his mania moment and not get buried in a short caREER in the E, we the fans get our dream match, taker keeps his streak, and its whats best for business.

I am sure they could figure out a way for Sting to wrestle Taker, but not end the streak. Double count out? They can easily set something up where they have to look a controversial ending. Kind of like when Hogan and Orndorff's feet touched the floor during their championship cage match.

Does TNA do 90 day clauses in their deal? I've never heard of them doing that.

If Sting signs, I would like him as an inductee to the Hall of Fame, but I would not want him to wrestle. His best days are far behind him and in my opinion, he doesn't have the name value he once did. WCW ended 13 years ago and I think these days, he would only appeal to the older demographics. If this was early to mid 2000, maybe, but as of now, I wouldn't want him to wrestle

This... Sting has been in TNA for too long. Don't get me wrong Sting is an all time great and he should have a place in the Hall of Fame, but I just don't see the current WWE fan's caring all that much. To current fans he is just "that guy" from TNA and I don't see him going down with the fans the way that he should.

Sting is probably never coming back to wrestle in WWE. I've long since accepted the fact. He's still a bit salty about the bullshit that happened to Booker T, which was pretty understandable: I'm not sure Stinger wants to work for the company that put him temporarily out of business and then proceeded to bury his old pals. He'd come for a Hall of Fame induction because how awesome would it be to have the biggest wrestling company in the world tell you about your legend when you've never bounced off their ropes? But I highly doubt he comes back to do the job to Taker, and there's no way in hell anyone will let him go over the streak, so it's not happening.

If a Sting/Taker match at Mania where to happen I'm afraid the build up would be more entertaining than the match itself. Taker can still have exciting matches that's a given, but Sting is just too old at this point. He won't be able to take any big bumps and I doubt he'll be able to pull off any high risk moves on Taker. I'd love to see it, but I just think it would be a cringefest at the same time.

no compete clauses only matter if a talent is released from a current contract. When a contract expires, unless it is an added rider, then once a contract expires, talent is free to whatever they want with whomever they want.
If Sting's contract does expire in the next 7 days, which is only rumoured, not FACT at all as we dont know Steve Borden's legal dilemmas, there is nothing stopping him turnint up on, or even being spoken iof, on WWE programming.
WWE would be smart not to book Sting vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Instead, this match should happen on one of nthe other pay perviews where Sting can beat Taker CLEAN 1 or 2 times, like Mankind did to get over as a believable challenger to Undertaker. If they then want to do Sting vs Taker at Wrestlemania, with Sting having beaten Taker evry other time, it then leads to a match that the outcome isnt guarantted as all of Takers other Mania matches are

Sting is never coming to WWE, this is just wishful thinking from you people. Sting has never said he's coming to WWE, WWE has never said Sting is coming. All you people are doing is believing what you read on the internet, which quite frankly is stupid. I read these websites to, but i don't believe a thing i read on here, i always think it's possible, but it's most likely a lie.. You people believing what you read on the internet is one of the reasons people look down on the IWC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back