Undertaker Vs Sting.

Milkyway!

Hodor!
I look back when WCW was bought, and Sting didn't jump ship. During the time, I wanted to see Sting vs Undertaker so badly, its not funny. Now that I look back, it looks to be a not so good match, as WWE would have trampled Sting. But none the less, I was wanting to see it. So, both men at their primes, Undertaker, '03-present vs Sting 1997. In their primes, ready to face in what could have been, a great matchup. But sting didn't jump ship. What if Sting did jump ships tho, What match would we have seen? Would you have liked to see it?

I think if sting did jumped ship he would of eventually go on face taker but the match it self would probley be alright i mean it will have its moments but in the end of the match undertaker will probley will win since vince like him more then sting and undertaker was there since the first epsode of raw and at the time when wwf guys were jumping ship they were competeing against wcw and i dont vince would want a wcw guy like sting beat undertaker

Sting said in a shoot interview that this will be his last year as an active wrestler & that the 1 thing that he wishes he could for his Dream Match is face The Undertaker. But Sting won't go to WWE becuz that's kinda made him even more special.

The chance for these men to have a match for the ages is long gone. Both of them are way past their prime, and it is my opinion that, given how athletic these two used to be and how revered they are, a match between them now would only disappoint because of the expectations people would have. Anyway, they had one or two matches almost 20 years ago (either in 1989 or 1990). Search for Sting vs. Mean Mark Callous.

I've said it before, Sting Taker wouldn't be that great. I should be the 2 guys who were loyal to their companies and did not jump ship during the Monday Night wars, and that would be Sting and HBK.

I've said it before, Sting Taker wouldn't be that great. I should be the 2 guys who were loyal to their companies and did not jump ship during the Monday Night wars, and that would be Sting and HBK.

You're right. The match itself wouldn't be that amazing. But the BUILDUP would be. The Crow Sting character vs. The Mystique of The Undertaker. The mind games would be off the fucking chizarts. Sting waiting in the rafters. The Undertaker appearing and disappearing. Sting repelling from the ceiling. God the build up to a match like this would be so ridiculously intense. But the match itself might not be any good. Then again both of these men can pull a decent match out of almost anybody, so I think I would have to disagree there as well.

Where are you coming from as well. The Undertaker never left the WWF to go to WCW. He came from WCW to the WWF and never looked back. But even though that is the case. I think the HBK vs. Sting match would be a helluva match as well. Good call.

This matchup could have been truly legendary, especially the build...about 10 years ago. I think the best way to have build between them was when Sting was in his "Crow" character and Taker was using the "Ministry" one because it would be easiest to denote one as a true face and the other a true heel.
Once Sting changed to that gimmick, it was all about mind games..that has been the staple of Taker's character the whole time (other than his Bad Ass/Big Evil gimmicks). It's very rare that we get to see a storyline that has that much focused on non-wrestling related build, if we've ever seen it. It would be been great to see them try to psych each other out and make "supernatural" appearances without actually having any physical contact...a very interesting concept.
Aside from that, the match would have surely been great. Both of them can carry about anybody to a good match, so their chemistry would have likely been natural. I actually think they could still put on a good match, but their old looks and different gimmicks wouldn't make it as good as it would have been even a few years ago.

It would have been a great gimmick feud. But by 2001 when WCW went down....well Taker was the American Badass, I Don`t think it would have worked that way. But as the phenom..yes that would have been great.

Sting and Undertaker would have made great opponents. Though I do want to point out that I got one of my dreams when Bret Hart faced Sting and was letdown big time.

Back during the monday night wars I used to flip between WWF/WCW all the time and I always dreamed of a match between Undertaker and Sting. When Vince bought WCW I just knew in my heart it would only be a matter of time before I saw my dream match...

In their primes this match would have wrestlemania written all over it. The bbuild up itself would overshadow any match between these two no matter how good it was and while taker would've gone cleanly over sting it would still be a hell of a match IMO its just too bad it'll never happen

never going to happen. But it would be cool though but i am personily tired of the black and white I would rather see the old school sting back and see a match between him HBK. Because they both stayed loyal to there companys and they are both very religous.

The franchise of WCW vs. the conscience of the WWE. Both guys were and have been conerstones of there respective companies most of there careers. Both guys primes overlapped each other. I think Taker has more left than Sting, since Sting is about 50. It is one of my dream matches mainly because it will never happen. Could you imagine if Sting vs Taker with the streak or a title on the line? That would be "phenomenal."

Other dream matches
Sting vs HBK
Sting vs HHH
Sting vs Jericho (with the whole respect angle Sting is doing would work right now)
Harlem Heat vs. Cryme Tyme vs. Doom vs Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas for the battle of the best black tag team of all time.
Bischoff vs Russo
Jarrett vs. HHH

So many matches that will never happen...we can only dream

First of all, I don't get why Sting vs. Undertaker is such a dream match that everyone makes it out to be. Because Sting used to play a somewhat mysterious character, that makes him like the Undertaker? Sting is nothing like the Undertaker, in terms of character, with the exception of about 1997 and the first part of 1998. And Sting didn't even wrestle in 1997.

Second of all, anyone who says the match wouldn't be that good must be out of their minds. These two guys would be able to put on a hell of show, even now. Both guys would complement each other very well, Undertaker as the darker character, and Sting as the charismatic one. They both work similar power styles, with a sprinkle of aerial attacks mixed in.

I wouldn't mind seeing the match, but I don't necessary consider it a "dream match".

I think that a Sting vs. Undertaker match would have been a dream match of Wreatlemania like proportions, but I also think Vince would have over hyped the match and it would have flopped.

It would work I mean people thought Edge had a chance of ending the streak this year its extremely Likely he is facing HBK and that will be epic BBBUUUTTT
picture this Taker reverses SCM into tombstone. 1...2...3
11 months later
HBK wants a rematch at WM26 BBBUUUTTT then the lights go out everyone expects UT but it Sting! Sting Vs HBK at nowayout Sting win UT beat sting at WM26 then at backlash 2010 Sting Vs Undertaker vs HBK (who became champ at WM) Sting wins then gets challenged by Orton
That is a way to get my 4 dream matches

theres no doubt undertaker vs sting would be a great match i can even see it happening now as sort of a double retirement type thing with that in mind i know its not likely but do you think since wwe is trying to bring there product down to pg sting would consider going over?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back