• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting is finally coming to the WWE.

IF Sting is actually finally comes to WWE, as I've said before I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it would be cool to finally see him face The Undertaker, this year feels like now or never. On the other hand I would lose some respect for him if he finally jumps ship. He's managed to become an Icon without Vince. I hope he stays with TNA, he could continue to help them, and they need him at least for morale purposes. Everyone seems to be leaving TNA , he always seems to be the guy to always the course, and I hope that doesn't change .

Like i said in an earlier thread,This supposed signing has some serious legs this time.. But really Stinger is 54 years old woefully out of shape,and if this signing happens,its more than five years too late.. Sting never signed with WWE for two reasons IMO,1 Being Vinnie Mac,2 Being he didnt want to be buried and i cannot blame him there..

As far as facing Taker goes,of course we want it to happen at WM! No way does Sting win that one,no one in their right mind would expect that to happen.. Just for a streak to end like that,not happening.. I like Sting,respect what he has done for the business,but his place is in TNA at this point in time..

I'm at a point now where if it happened I'd mark out like I was 10 years old, but I'm also realistic that it probably won't, and that's okay too. Certainly this years Mania card is stacked with names, so it's not as if it will feel lacking because Sting didn't show up.

My only hope if this does somehow come to be, is that Sting is debuted in front of a HOT crowd (i.e.: not like the shit crowd that Jake Roberts was subjected to) and also, that it is an actual SURPRISE. I don't mind if the media catches wind of it (that's their job), but similar to Lesnar's return the night after WM28, there is just something magic about a guy showing up completely out of the blue, with no story, in front of a super hot crowd.

Personally I think its too late for Sting to go to WWE, he's too old in my opinion.

If he did go to WWE I don't see it as appropriate for him to beat Undertaker at wrestlemania. It would be too far fetched and Sting does not deserve that anyway.

Sting could lose to Triple H, that would be a cool match. Triple H hasn't had a big scalp for a while and his quality wrestling days are nearly over if not already so it would be cool for the WWE to go over sting through a Triple H win.

I might seem a little testy right now, but I feel like I could afford a ferrari and a dozen hookers to wash it for me if I had ten dollars for every newbie that started a thread with a title like "CONFIRMED: Sting headed to WWE!", that ends up just being a speculative piece on why that individual might think that it's possible.

You don't have one fucking iota of proof to back up the title of this thread, for all we truly know Sting might NOT be heading to the WWE after all.

What we're left with is another fucking thread where we share our wishy washy bullshit like "I would like to see him, but I wonder if maybe he'll change his mind".

My advice: STOP FUCKING MAKING THESE USELESS THREADS!! We've all made our points clear enough times to where this discussion is fucking irrelevant and redundant. Sting in WWE is a possibility, it's nothing that you can confirm. The next time you want to start a thread that's just to invoke pointless babble to validate a sense of self worth, make sure the title of the thread is more like "I wonder if Sting might go to the WWE" or "Should Sting go to the WWE?"

If you don't want to see Sting wrestle at WrestleMania, you're probably too young to know how big of a deal Sting is.

They can work a slow pace, which is what Taker does now anyhow. Not to mention Sting is in far better ring shape than Taker.

It would be epic, even in 2014. Mania is the smarkiest crowd of the year and those fans ABSOLUTELY remember Sting and would go crazy for him. He would no doubt have the biggest pop of the night.

It's still a big deal.

If you don't want to see Sting wrestle at WrestleMania, you're probably too young to know how big of a deal Sting is.

They can work a slow pace, which is what Taker does now anyhow. Not to mention Sting is in far better ring shape than Taker.

It would be epic, even in 2014. Mania is the smarkiest crowd of the year and those fans ABSOLUTELY remember Sting and would go crazy for him. He would no doubt have the biggest pop of the night.

It's still a big deal.

I'm going to expand on this excellent post:

Sting is THE biggest wrestling star to never walk through a Wrestlemania curtain. He was the guy in wcw from the early nineties until it's demise. Ric Flair once stated, " if Vince ever had sting there wouldn't be a warrior or hogan because sting had the same look and was 100 times better in the ring."

Shit. They could be fucking 60 and if Sting's music hits and he finally walks onto a live wwe screen and he gets cut off by a GONG! I'll get goosebumps while I 100% lose myself in that historic moment.

Name any moment bigger than Sting face to face with The Undertaker in a WWE ring with anywhere between 15,00-85,000 people present. Probably be the loudest buzz in an arena since Rock-Hogan.

no compete clauses only matter if a talent is released from a current contract. When a contract expires, unless it is an added rider, then once a contract expires, talent is free to whatever they want with whomever they want.
If Sting's contract does expire in the next 7 days, which is only rumoured, not FACT at all as we dont know Steve Borden's legal dilemmas, there is nothing stopping him turnint up on, or even being spoken iof, on WWE programming.
WWE would be smart not to book Sting vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Instead, this match shou
ld happen on one of nthe other pay perviews where Sting can beat Taker CLEAN 1 or 2 times, like Mankind did to get over as a believable challenger to Undertaker. If they then want to do Sting vs Taker at Wrestlemania, with Sting having beaten Taker evry other time, it then leads to a match that the outcome isnt guarantted as all of Takers other Mania matches are

They didn't build up Mankind for him to lose at Wrestlemania. That wasn't a wrestlemania payoff.

Sting will be a wrestlemania payoff. If you have 1 million people say, I wanna see Sting vs Taker at Mania. What? They've wrestler twice? Sting win twice? Oh taker definitely wins that. Probably 15% don't order the ppv.

Besides. Takers outcomes at wrestlemania are a given. He's 21-0. The fact that YOU think he may lose contributes to the greatness of Undertaker and his opponent.

Sting is never coming to WWE, this is just wishful thinking from you people. Sting has never said he's coming to WWE, WWE has never said Sting is coming. All you people are doing is believing what you read on the internet, which quite frankly is stupid. I read these websites to, but i don't believe a thing i read on here, i always think it's possible, but it's most likely a lie.. You people believing what you read on the internet is one of the reasons people look down on the IWC.

Most people look down on the IWC because we act as the utmost supreme "talent evaluators and bookers."

I want Sting in the WWE, I really do. However, I fear he is staying with TNA. Or, if he does come to WWE, with all the stuff going on this year, it will be next year he faces Undertaker. I think coming in an losing your first WWE match doesn't do much for either side. Show the kids what he can do first. Have him challenge Undertaker for next year.

Mark my words - Sting will be the surprise on the Raw after Wrestlemania. There is nothing really big planned just yet for arguably the biggest Raw of the year. This will be it. Raw ends with Sting in the rafters.

I'm not in the least bit concerned about Sting coming to WWE for anything more than a HoF induction. He's about 5 years too late here.

here is my thoughts like everyone else when wrestle mania is around the corner, rumours of Sting coming to WWE start, pretty sure WWE would have it all over their website if they signed Sting unless they wanted to keep it a secret till after Royal Rumble, people say its a matter of money etc WWE has the money to make it happen, yes sting is not a young guy anymore but I think he could probably put on some pretty decent matches with the right people as long as WWE used him properly and not try to make him look weak like they did to other guys that have come in from other companies.

If he is coming to WWE and is gonna face Taker at Mania here is the best method to go with it. On the February 17th episode of RAW start running Undertaker return promos for MArch 3rd. The next RAW, day after Elimination Chamber, have superstars backstage talking about Takers return and who's gonna challenge him at MAnia. Taker closes out the MArch 3rd RAW. Comes to the ring and starts talking about the streak. Lights go out, come back on and Sting is in the ring pointing the bat at Taker. He does the routine hands Taker the bat, turns his back then leaves the ring. End RAW with Taker staring at the bat. The reason I picked March 3rd is a few reasons. Its after the build up for Elimination Chamber and the debut of the WWE Network. Plus its in WWE's hottest non post-Mania crowd Chicago which is also symbolic for STing because thats where he had his 1st drop from the ceiling as the Crow. Yes Chicago will remember and pop like crazy for him. March 3rd gives Sting 6 weeks to get in as good shape as he can for his WWE debut and 4-5 weeks is long enough to build this match up at MAnia.

It's still a big deal.

I agree.
It might be a match for pure nostalgia. However, if this match can somehow happen then this year would be perfect for it to happen. Apart from being a huge anniversary year for the WWE, it will also be a year that WWE and the WWE universe reflects on its achievements in its 30 years of Wrestlemania. What better way than to have the Sting not signing problem end at the event itself?!
In fact, it would make it much easier to put the card together,lMO.

John Cena(c) vs Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan(RR)
the Undertaker vs Sting
Brock Lesnar vs Batista
CM Punk vs Triple H

4 Huge matches to hype up the event as the biggest ever in Wrestlemania history!

Sting matches:

Sting vs Taker
Sting vs Cena
Sting vs Punk
Sting vs Bryan
Sting vs Triple H
Sting mauled by the Shield

Dream: Sting vs HBK

Should he work 4 matches a year, then he should be fine.

But like what someone said, if I don't see on the front page "Sting officially signs with WWE" then I won't hold my breathe. I guess most of us just gotta let it sink in that we'll never see Sting in the WWE.

Personally, I really do hope Sting makes the move this time and really does appear at Mania, whether it's against Taker or someone else.

Thankfully, it seems that the notion has disappeared that people still think that Sting should not "sell out" to McMahon and WWE, and that Sting should remain the "one guy" who really made it big without the WWE machinery. Because here's the thing: Sting doesn't need to prove that anymore - He's already done that.

He's undeniably the biggest and most well-known wrestling star outside the WWE universe, and I've made the experience that even here in Europe, where wrestling's not nearly as big as in the US, people usually know Hogan, know Rock, and surprisingly, Sting. And that's just all the testament to his legacy that you need. Sting has already shown that he could make it without WWE; at 54 years old, he has sh*t to prove to anybody, and he can do whatever the hell he pleases.

That being said, I'd love for the Stinger to walk down the aisle at Mania. Simply because he deserves to be on the big stage one more time, and end his career on a high note. His work and dedication for TNA is admirable, but at the end of the day, TNA is the minor leagues. WWE is where it's at. And for a guy that's 54 years old, Sting is still in incredible shape and can still go - sure, he's not the high flying Sting of the 1990ies anymore, but for his age, he's still good. So he may be going a bit bald, and wearing a t-shirt to the ring is probably not the best of choices... but I bet that if Sting signs a WWE deal for Mania, he's gonna work his butt off in the gym to be in the best shape possible for Mania, and he will make that one match count.

No one is asking of Sting to do a full year or so for WWE; really I guess we just want to see him that one time. And considering how good Sting was and still is, I'm pretty confident he could still put on that one last big match. It may not end up a five star classic, but I'm not asking for that. A good, solid match - and in my opinion, Sting is absolutely capable of pulling that of. Me personally, as a WCW fan and follower back in the day, I'd love for the Stinger to have that Mania moment. I'd mark the hell out, no matter what. At this point it's probably still just wishful thinking, but man, would it be awesome :)

Taker vs Brock at Mania - after undertaker wins the lights go out and there's sting in the rafters pointing his bat at Undertaker..

Sting wrestles a few matches and a few PPVs then the night before Mania 31 WWE inducts both Sting and Undertaker into the HOF.

At WM 31 Sting Vs Taker, they are both down and the ref starts counting - at 9 the lights go out and when they come back on all that's left in the ring are stings boots and bat and undertakers boots and urn. Both men walk off into the sunset, fans got their dream match - taker retires undefeated

I can't imagine him coming in and jobbing to Taker unless the money is just way to much to pass up.

If Sting came in now and feuded with Taker straight away it would feel rushed and too soon.
The WWE could easily build this feud for a year. Have Sting debut the night after Mania and address the universe and after he's done the lights go out and we get the dongs but no sign of Taker.
Later on Taker comes back for a match, no mention of the Sting feud then after the match lights out Sting in the rafters.
If both men can make a reasonable amount of appearances throughout 2014 there is no reason they cannot play mind games with each other until next year when after the Royal Rumble they finally come face to face in the ring and both look up at the Mania 31 sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back