Opponents Sting Should Face in WWE Not Named Undertaker

Other than Taker and Cena, Rock and Triple H are the only two guys I'd be interested in seeing Sting face at Wrestlemania 31. Anybody else would just be a waste of a big money match at WM 31 as they're either up and comers or not on Sting's level as a top star.

Like others have mentioned, the story writes itself between Triple H and Sting. And Sting is the only big name that Triple H has never faced. The story doesn't just have to be about Sting being anti-authority, it can also be about Triple H wanting to prove he's the "best in the business" by defeating the last big name left that he's never wrestled and defeated .

Sting is also 1 of 2 big names (Sting, HBK) that Rock has never faced. And it was because of The Rock that Sting never signed with WWE after WCW took the ol' dirt nap, not that WWE would ever admit that anyway and they might wanna stay away from having Rock pretend he doesn't know who he is or make fun of his gimmick, facepaint or anything about him. Still, it would be an exciting dream match and the story can also be about Rock wanting to face the last active big name that he's never wrestled, similar to how he wanted "Hogan to main event one last Wrestlemania with him" at X8 or how he beat everyone after XIX until Goldberg entered the picture.

Other than Taker and Cena, Rock and Triple H are the only two guys I'd be interested in seeing Sting face at Wrestlemania 31. Anybody else would just be a waste of a big money match at WM 31 as they're either up and comers or not on Sting's level as a top star.

Like others have mentioned, the story writes itself between Triple H and Sting. And Sting is the only big name that Triple H has never faced. The story doesn't just have to be about Sting being anti-authority, it can also be about Triple H wanting to prove he's the "best in the business" by defeating the last big name left that he's never wrestled and defeated .

Sting is also 1 of 2 big names (Sting, HBK) that Rock has never faced. And it was because of The Rock that Sting never signed with WWE after WCW took the ol' dirt nap, not that WWE would ever admit that anyway and they might wanna stay away from having Rock pretend he doesn't know who he is or make fun of his gimmick, facepaint or anything about him. Still, it would be an exciting dream match and the story can also be about Rock wanting to face the last active big name that he's never wrestled, similar to how he wanted "Hogan to main event one last Wrestlemania with him" at X8 or how he beat everyone after XIX until Goldberg entered the picture.

Sting vs The Rock, they could actually have a 5-star quality type match but also the 2 biggest names perhaps of their generations, with Rock more or less being a face of the Attitude Era in the WWE and Sting being the face of WCW during the Monday Night wars, it pretty much writes itself

But also Sting vs Triple H, Triple H more or less being the face of his generation in the WWE and Sting being the face of his generation in WCW, the baseball bat vs. the sledgehammer, it pretty much writes itself

I have the perfect opponent for Sting. He is so perfect that nobody has even thought of it:

Noah Body

Look, Sting is 55 and has a legacy to protect. Do you think the Titan Towers Gang give a damn about using Sting in order to protect that legacy? Come on, people. First off, unless you are in you late 20's/early 30's, you do not give a damn about Sting. WE know who Sting is and what his legacy is. The WWE Universe would not know Sting from the hot dog vendor walking down the stairs. In fact, if I asked the average member of the WWE Universe who Harley Race and Nick Bockwinkel were, I would get a thousand different answers. However, if I asked who Sparky Plugg was, I guarantee you that people in the WWE Universe would get it correct.

Second, VKM and Trips know why they singed Sting: For the DVD and biography rights. It is NOT to wrestle. If he wanted to wrestle, do you HONESTLY believe that Trips will put him in a match that will make Sting look good? Get real. They consider WCW to be a FAILED promotion. Sting was a backbone of FAILURE. Do you honestly believe that they are going to put over that? Sting would not go for it in 2001. What makes you think he would in 2014?

Sting has a proud past and legacy. Let him protect it. Unless he was booked to win the WWE Title at WM 31, which will NEVER happen, anything else that is booked will tarnish his legacy. Sting is done. Let us enjoy the memories.

Sting vs Bray Wyatt is another match that in my opinion definitely needs to happen especially if Sting vs Taker doesn't happen if it cannot happen then perhaps Sting/Wyatt is the next best thing when you really think about it considering how dark their characters are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back