• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book Sting vs Undertaker for Wrestlemania 32

Seosa

Lost Cause
As per the title. Feel free to trash my idea...

We carry on with what is expected at 31; Sting vs Haitch & 'Taker v Bray. Sting beats Haitch resulting (hopefully) in some final closure to the Authority storyline. Meanwhile, Taker beats Bray whilst putting Bray over both in promos leading up to Wrestlemania and in the match itself. The general theme would be, beyond the mind games, that Bray is Taker's heir apparent so to speak.

The Challenge
With that being said, the build-up to Sting v Taker begins the night after Wrestlemania 31. Sting comes out on Raw to cut a promo reminiscing over his career, finally performing at 'Mania and beating Haitch etc., whilst emphasising a regret that he didn't make the jump to WWE earlier and the names he never got to face. Enter Taker and cue a stare down before Taker cuts a promo on Sting basically putting both of them over. Taker then makes the challenge, a year in advance, for "One Last Ride into the Desert"; literally the final chapter in the careers of both men in front of over 100,000 people in the AT&T Stadium in Texas. Sting accepts, before Taker warns Sting, as a worn-down legendary veteran like himself, to rest up and prepare for battle at Wrestlemania 32.

Sting's Preparation
Fast forward to Survivor Series, and Sting is drawn to competing against a heel (Rollins?), symbolically on the 25th Anniversary of Taker's WWE debut and the One-Year Anniversary of Sting's WWE debut. He wins but its a difficult battle and the fear is that he hasn't taken Undertaker's advice to rest and prepare.

The Final Build
Sting and Taker reappear in promos starting at the Rumble, with Sting appearing on Raw prior to Fastlane 2016 and Taker on the night after Fastlane. There is only one face-to-face in-ring encounter in the final weeks before 'Mania, but on the go-home Raw, a very cinematic clip is played of Sting and Taker meeting face-to-face for the last time before they close out their careers. They converse in a hut in the middle of the desert, putting over each other and the match at Mania, with each delivering their final warnings.

The Match
Taker wins an absolute war which surprises people given the misgivings over whether either of them can go in 2016. For drama, Taker has to make five Tombstone attempts; the first, third and fifth are all successful with the fifth winning the contest, but the second and fourth are reversed into Death Drops.

2017 Hall of Fame
Your headline inductees are...

Like I said at the start of the thread, feel free to dick all over this bit of fantasy booking but it is what it is. Now its your turn.

I will admit, I am one of those users who doesn't really post much but I definitely read, lol. Being a mark for both guys, especially Sting, I just had to give my prediction. Because, I actually still believe this match will happen next year, BUT there are 2 very important factors. At least in my opinion:

1. Taker's health. We're talking another year from now and it's still not even confirmed whether or not he's "healthy enough" to compete this year and Wrestlemania isn't that far away. Even though I do think he's facing Bray.

2. Sting's performance this year against Trips. My biggest concern over Sting wrestling at Wrestlemania this year isn't so much whether he wins or loses, but if he can still put on a decent match at his age. I think he can, but then again, it doesn't really matter what I think. I think his performance will be a huge factor in whether or not Vince wants to see him wrestle on ANY of his programming again. It could very well just be he beats H, has his one match/Mania moment and calls it a career.

Anyway, my booking for the possible Taker vs Sting at WM32:

Sting goes on to defeat Triple H this year

Taker LOSES to Bray. The Streak is over and Bray NEEDS the win more than Undertaker. Plain and simple.

The next night on Raw, Undertaker comes out and basically says, "That's it. The Streak is done, I'm 21-2, and after last night, I've realized even The Undertaker can't last forever." Before he can officially announce his retirement, out comes Sting and says, "Not so fast, Deadman". Even though you respectfully lost last night, you still got it and I proved that I do, as well. One more match. You and me at next year's Wrestlemania. Win, lose, or draw, we're both done". Double retirement match.

Undertaker goes away like always, and I could see Sting wrestling a match at Summerslam against someone. Maybe there's a stipulation thrown in by The Authority that if he loses, the match with 'Taker is off?

I think Sting has enough in his tank for 2 or 3 big matches.

No, the night after Mania Taker should be arriving for dinner at 4pm and his Rascal clips Sting's Rascal. After Sting takes his heart pills he shakes his cane at Taker and challenges him to a good old fashioned hootananie. After Taker gets his hearing aid adjusted he asks Sting to repeat what he just said. Sting can't remember. HHH comes up to both men and has them sign autographs which are really binding contracts to get them to fight at the next Mania. Michelle McCool looks at Fandango and wonders what it would be like to have sex with a young man again.

Your idea is fine. I'm not sure if AT&T stadium is technically in a desert but whatever, it is professional wrestling. The Tombstone reversed in to the Scorpion Death Drop was my favorite part. Though I'm not sure Taker bends that way any longer. WWE programming needs more huts.

Re; Brian: I've definitely wondered about Bray going over but of course the issue is how much damage do you do to Taker?

Re; GSB; That whole post made me laugh.

Snoramania is running wild, Brother! The Underachiever who can barely move and is one sneeze from breaking a hip versus Sting who is in his mid fifties. Ya, this would be a dream match.

Perhaps, if this match happened 10 years ago, it would be huge but now it's relegated to the geriatric ward.

My thoughts include Sting challenging UT at WM or the following RAW and being turned down. Then he goes into playing that psychologist role that he used in his feud with Abyss in TNA. He could force UT to face all his of demons with the fire that killed his parents, call out his duel personality with the deadman/biker persona. Throughout the year his talk would anger Kane, causing Kane to return to his demon self. Sting could have a long feud with Kane, using Kane as a catalyst to get under Takers skin. This psychological battle would culminate with Taker merging his persona's together just in time to retire and be inducted in the hall of fame. This would allow him to be himself and not worry about kayfabe at the HOF induction and future appearances for WWE.

Ya know, they could still do Sting vs. Undertaker THIS year.

At Fastlane, trips could say "I'm sick of dealing with you, so I called a buddy of mine to deal with you at WM." Out comes Taker.

Sting beats HHH and Taker beats Bray. On the RAW after WM, Taker comes out to the ring and takes in the crowd's reaction, then Sting comes out and stares Taker down.

Months later, the RAW after Fast Lane, Sting comes to the ring and Taker comes out and stares Sting down then points to the WrestleMania 32 banner.

Two weeks later, Sting talks about how Taker came to the ring insinuating he can challenge him to a match at WM 32, Sting accepts and the crowd pops.

I think the main flaw in the plans being suggested here is that it's a little over a month from now and we just recently (but not concretely) have found out that the Undertaker will be wrestling at Wrestlemania this year.

So if he were to face Sting next year, which I think shouldn't happen because I don't want to see Mr. Calloway an actual deadman earlier than planned, the build for Sting/Taker would be cut pretty short.

Granted it would pretty much have to be a strictly promo based build and the appeal speaks for itself, but I just dont know. I think Sting may wrestle this match at WM31 and let's say for fun another match at a given point this year (Heel Roman Reigns...cough cough). I just don't know how you can keep him so relevant within the next year. He isn't like a Brock Lesnar at this point and I think as much as it sucks, Sting's name relevance will wear off in WWE if he just is around and not doing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back