Sting vs Undertaker.... It can still be done

VinnieSunshine

The lord of darkness
STING/UNDERTAKER main event at Wrestlemania 31...here's how it works.

It's all but a done deal. Sting has agreed to SOMETHING. Has he signed a contract, possibly. But his day on WWE TV is coming. By all reports, Undertaker is still pretty beaten up from WM. He doesn't know that he can continue, despite wanting to. The mind is willing but the body is not. Same song and dance every year.

One simple way this can be done...make Sting the pursuer.

NIGHT 1
On the road to Wrestlemania, Triple H comes out and announces that HE did something that Vince was never able to do. Please welcome our NEWEST Superstar, a legend in the ring and first inductee in the 2014 HOF... *cue Sting's music*

Sting comes out. He says that he has seen it all and done it all. except one thing. One question he's always asked everywhere he goes. He says that he doesn't care about streaks. He officially calls out Undertaker.

NIGHT 2
WWE pushes Sting and talks him up, bringing fans up to speed about who he is. Backstage, superstars talk about last week. Triple H asks Sting is he's sure he wants to do this. He fills him in about who Taker is and what he's done. Sting reminds Triple H that signing him is "what's best for business" and so is this.

NIGHT 3
Sting walks out to the ring. He says that he has yet to hear an answer. The lights go out. Sting waits but nothing. The lights come back. Sting looks disappointed. He calls Taker scared. Says that now that the streak is broken Taker has nothing to work for. As he make his way up the stage Lightning strikes. Sting has a smirk on his face as he walks away.

Triple H meets Sting in back and warns him about poking the bear.

NIGHT 4
Sting back out to the ring. He knows Taker heard him, but doesn't understand why he won't come out and accept his challenge. Sting is trying to stay calm but appears to be getting aggravated.

A video plays of a graveyard. Each tombstone is a different "victim" of Takers, each with a number on them. The last one...Undertakers tombstone with 21-1 on it. The camera backs out as lightning strikes the headstone and Takers hand pops out of the dirt.

NIGHT 5
Sting is interviewed by Renee in the locker room. He says he will walk out there every night, even the night of WM until he gets an answer from Undertaker. The lights flicker and Renee looks scared. As the interview continues the lights continue to flicker and then explode. Renee runs off, Sting looks pissed.

Sting comes out to the ring and demands an answer. Says Taker owes it to the fans. He can't just tuck his tail and run off.

The lights go out and the choir starts up. The druids walk out and surround the ring. "Enough of the mind games!" Sting yells.

The video from last week starts to play, words describing coming back from the dead, blah blah blah, ending with "he's returned" (or back or something), as it shows Takers tomb empty. Everything goes black. *cue Takers music* The flames roar as Taker makes his way to the ring.

Sting asks what it's going to be, yes or no? Taker drops his hood and stares at Sting. He looks at the WM sign. Taker steals the mic from Sting. "At WM 31, you will...REST IN PEACE"

The rest writes itself. You could even induct Taker into the HOF and stack the match even more as a Legend vs Legend match.

Since the streak isn't on the line anymore, it doesn't matter who wins, although WWE would probably make Taker win and Im sure Sting wouldn't mind taking the fall for Taker.

This has to happen, it really is now or never.

Im so sick and tired of people saying Undertaker isn't healthy, he had 1 bad match in the last 5 after he was injured and people write him off its utter madness.

Taker will be back
Sting has clearly said he only wants taker
hhh/wwe know sting wants taker and will always do whats best for business.

Even at there ages if the practice the match many times over at takers gym it will be a very good match, hell just the entrances, promo's and general nostaligia alone will make this one of the best ever.

And any mark who says there both too old and they dont want to see this match, I will put a bet on to see if you dont watch the match at wm31 then, but instead you watch it a mark out like a little girl.

The Icon vs The Phenom. Will be amazing. Goosebumps

No.... NO.

STING/ Im so sick and tired of people saying Undertaker isn't healthy, he had 1 bad match in the last 5 after he was injured and people write him off its utter madness main event at Wrestlemania 31...here's how it works.[/quote

NO!

This is not a main event at WM worthy match, you don't take the spotlight away from your current major stars for two guys that are in the twilight of careers, just my opinion.

Im so sick and tired of people saying Undertaker isn't healthy, he had 1 bad match in the last 5 after he was injured and people write him off its utter madness

He competes ONCE a year and is usually pitted against a respectable worker. Someone that can help him carry the match. There's no reason.for him to have a bad match, that's inexcusable.

No.... NO.

NO!

This is not a main event at WM worthy match, you don't take the spotlight away from your current major stars for two guys that are in the twilight of careers, just my opinion.

He competes ONCE a year and is usually pitted against a respectable worker. Someone that can help him carry the match. There's no reason.for him to have a bad match, that's inexcusable.

Are you are an absoulte moron? he was concussed, after he landed on his head when Lesnar dropped him. Good god man...

Did you watch that match? Even before the concussion the match was mediocre. Lesnar carried that match from start to finish, looked how soaked he was afterwards.

Sting is pushing 60 and Undertaker isn't far from 50 himself. They both can spare me a dream match that would've been a dream match in 2002.

What type of match are you expecting to see? If this guy has injuries, he can spare me the expense of putting his body on the line. And unless he has been working out, Sting definitely appears out of shape.

As another poster pointed out in another thread the only thing I'm remotely interested in is perhaps Sting and Undertaker in a tag match. Survivor Series as I feel this is no longer a WM caliber match.

If Undertaker is to compete at WM 31 I'd rather see him avenge his loss against Brock Lesnar, seeing as that has been thrown in the face of the fans since the night after WM.

Goddamn…Why can't people just let The Undertaker go instead of desperately wishing he will come back at Wrestlemania 31? His streak's dead, so why have him lose again at Wrestlemania 31 to Sting?

Also, to anyone who wants Taker to have a "redemption fueled rematch" at Wrestlemania 31 against Lesnar, really? Why the fuck should Taker go against Lesnar again when he could easily get another concussion?

As far as a 6 man tag with Sting, Kane and Taker vs The Wyatts, that'd be a match I'd like to have seen, if The Wyatts debuted maybe half a decade ago.

To me it just doesn't make any sense and I've been a Taker fan since he debuted at the 1990 Survivor Series..

It would be a snoozefest. 2 aging, broken down has beens... not a classic match for sure. The WWE had the big chance when they showed the vignette of Taker and a man with a trench coat (Taker again) entering a house. Taker wasnt so banged up and Sting was 2 years younger.

Oh for crying out loud GROW UP! get over it! Noone wants to see this match the streak has been beaten there is no more point to do it ! if done STING has to beat underfaker but not because 40% of fans who have a fetish of geriatrics need to see it and watch 2 out of shape exhausted old men who cana be on wheelchairs geeeez get over this dream

I like your build to it, but I think it should be career vs career match. It definitely should be final match for one of them. Sting has already said he'd be fine with hanging it up after that match. There's no way he should beat Undertaker. No matter what I think Undertaker will be back next year. They should also go into the hall of fame separate years.

Will see how it all shakes out.

*Obligatory passive-aggressive comment about how I'm so over this match and don't want to see it, yet I will cry myself to sleep every night until it happens*

Ignore the idiots.
The Undertaker and Sting are the two most legendary and respected wrestlers who haven't retired yet. There are so many ways these two can be booked, with so many directions and so many twists, and they would be able to execute it better than just about anybody.
No goofy smiles, no rock concerts, no childish insults, no bullshit... These are two guys that make the audience shut up, sit on their chairs attentively and listen, out of respect and intrigue.
They have similar pace, wrestling style and strength, along with over two decades of experience. They can easily go 20-25 minutes without hurting the other or getting hurt themselves.

sting was still having decent matches in tna before his contract expired so i for one would love to see him in wwe have more than just one match at the next mania. even if it was just some tag matches on raw or a few matches on select ppvs before mania i'd be happy with that. and yeah it would be great to see him v taker or even him and taker in a handicap match v the wyatts that would be great to and am sure the build up and promos would be great. right now though i'd be happy to see sting v heath slater!!

Ignore the idiots.
The Undertaker and Sting are the two most legendary and respected wrestlers who haven't retired yet. There are so many ways these two can be booked, with so many directions and so many twists, and they would be able to execute it better than just about anybody.
No goofy smiles, no rock concerts, no childish insults, no bullshit... These are two guys that make the audience shut up, sit on their chairs attentively and listen, out of respect and intrigue.
They have similar pace, wrestling style and strength, along with over two decades of experience. They can easily go 20-25 minutes without hurting the other or getting hurt themselves.

Do people that disagree are idiots because they don't want to see an out of shape Sting and if dirt sheets are true, an injured Undertaker compete?

Nobody is denying their legacy. I've been watching Sting since the late 1980s - I was a big fan during the 90s and even his early run in TNA.

Undertaker too. I've always been a fan but after watching WM XXX, I can't stomach to see him in the ring. No harm, legacy still in tact.

They're both two guys that have nothing else left to prove. This match would've still been better 15-20 years ago when Sting was still a household name.

NO NO NO NO!!!! Sting vs Undertaker will NEVER happen!! The ONLY thing that can happen is, what use to be Sting vs what use too be undertaker match. The fantasy is over and dead due to age/injury. ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be a snoozefest. 2 aging, broken down has beens... not a classic match for sure. The WWE had the big chance when they showed the vignette of Taker and a man with a trench coat (Taker again) entering a house. Taker wasnt so banged up and Sting was 2 years younger.

Oh for crying out loud GROW UP! get over it! Noone wants to see this match the streak has been beaten there is no more point to do it ! if done STING has to beat underfaker but not because 40% of fans who have a fetish of geriatrics need to see it and watch 2 out of shape exhausted old men who cana be on wheelchairs geeeez get over this dream

NO NO NO NO!!!! Sting vs Undertaker will NEVER happen!! The ONLY thing that can happen is, what use to be Sting vs what use too be undertaker match. The fantasy is over and dead due to age/injury. ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be a reckless assumption, but I'm just going to go ahead and take a wild guess that these replies are by the same person who's just browsing on different accounts.

Still, whether if you're serious or not, or regardless if others who look at it the same way, how about we just wait to see what happens at Mania before getting all uptight about this and looking like a fool in the end? Yes we get that they're not in their prime, but you can't predict how the match will turn out. Just because none of you want to see it, doesn't mean everyone else has to follow.

I highly doubt Undertaker would lose to Sting if they did end up meeting at WrestleMania. If it was a Career v Career match, I'd expect Sting to lose and then Undertaker to come out on Raw saying he'd done it all in wrestling and was calling it a day too, with no more mountains to climb.

I think they could work a decent match, filled with crowd-pleasing moments but both guys would have to be in good enough condition to make it work. I think Sting would be able to go, he's not seriously injured and has plenty of time to get into decent enough shape- apparently he is working out hard at the moment. But, its 'Taker who concerns me. Knowing how long it is taking for him to recover from his one match a year, does he really want to put himself through all that again? If he's at risk in any way, he shouldn't do it.

But, personally I still would love to see these 2 finally lock up. They both know how to work an entertaining match while protecting each other. Yeah, we won't see Taker flying over the top rope, but as long as we'd see Tombstone's, Chokeslams, Stinger Splashes, Old School and the Scorpion Death Drop I'd be a happy man!

Of course it "can" still be done. Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair "can" be done too.

But it's important to remember that The Undertaker is done wrestling. In an industry with so many question marks, that's one of the few things with an exclamation mark. He had his last match at WrestleMania 30, and the only time we will ever see him again is if/when he's inducted into the Hall Of Fame. So, given the fact that The Undertaker is never going to have another wrestling match, it's hard to imagine this match happening. Impossible, in fact.

I get that it's nice to fantasize and armchair book things, I certainly do it myself, but it's important to recognize the distinction between fantasy and reality. Sting vs. Undertaker is a nice fantasy match, but given that Undertaker is done wrestling, it's sadly not reality.

EDIT: We also need to wonder aloud if Sting is actually going to wrestle for the WWE. Clearly, all of the off screen things he does for the WWE is no guarantee of an on screen role, and even an on screen role is no guarantee of a match. Personally, I think it'll happen, and my money would be on Sting vs. Triple H...but, really, nobody here knows for sure.

Of course it "can" still be done. Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair "can" be done too.

But it's important to remember that The Undertaker is done wrestling. In an industry with so many question marks, that's one of the few things with an exclamation mark. He had his last match at WrestleMania 30, and the only time we will ever see him again is if/when he's inducted into the Hall Of Fame. So, given the fact that The Undertaker is never going to have another wrestling match, it's hard to imagine this match happening. Impossible, in fact.

I get that it's nice to fantasize and armchair book things, I certainly do it myself, but it's important to recognize the distinction between fantasy and reality. Sting vs. Undertaker is a nice fantasy match, but given that Undertaker is done wrestling, it's sadly not reality.

EDIT: We also need to wonder aloud if Sting is actually going to wrestle for the WWE. Clearly, all of the off screen things he does for the WWE is no guarantee of an on screen role, and even an on screen role is no guarantee of a match. Personally, I think it'll happen, and my money would be on Sting vs. Triple H...but, really, nobody here knows for sure.

What confirmation do you have that Undertaker is done? Please don't tell me you're taking the recent rumors as fact? The dirt sheets having been saying Undertaker is probably done every year for the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back