WWE Summerslam: WWE Title - Sheamus (C) vs. Randy Orton

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
2.jpg

Legend has it that around 400 A.D., Saint Patrick used his charms and powers of persuasion to drive all the snakes out of Ireland and into the sea. Unfortunately for WWE Champion Sheamus, The Viper, Randy Orton, has never been one to surrender quite so willingly.

Truth be told, the Irishman will have his hands full when he battles Orton in a WWE Championship Match at SummerSlam. While Sheamus attempts to retain his second WWE Championship, The Apex Predator has his flickering eyes hoping for his sixth.

For each Superstar, the path to a WWE Title Match has proven demanding. Sheamus was forced to best John Cena at Money in the Bank in a controversial Steel Cage Match that witnessed the meddling influence of The Nexus. Meanwhile, Orton earned his opportunity by defeating Edge and Chris Jericho in a punishing Triple Threat Match on Raw. The common thread between these two competitors being that each appears to straddle the tenuous line between aggression and transgression.

In the end, though, The Viper offers his opponent a thorny set of challenges as slithery and unpredictable as any in WWE history. And while Sheamus may appear as fair and alabaster as his beloved cliffs of Dover, he’s also just as rugged and unforgiving – and leaves Orton with a task equally as steep.

This was announced on Raw tonight after Orton beat Edge and Jericho in a triple threat. This is a rematch of the Rumble which was basically the same match but with people in different positions.

Thoughts on this please.

Keep all discussion in here.

I'm not too excited about this. I realize Orton is very popular right now, but I'm not sure why. He has seemed very bland since mania. SummerSlam is still a month away so I'll keep an open mind and hope to be sold on the match by the ppv.

This will make for an interesting feud, I think. You have 2 very opportunistic, vicious guys now feuding for the WWE Championship. I really think that Orton is going to win this one too. It's been a while since he held the belt and he is a fan favorite now. Sheamus will most likely drop the belt, while Orton will go on to feud with Barrett.

Looking forward to this match, their match at the Royal Rumble would of been solid if it weren't for Legacy getting involved. I think that Sheamus is a transitional champion for Orton, but Sheamus retaining would still be very welcome. Regardless of the outcome we may get one of two potential fueds: Orton vs Sheamus, or Orton vs Edge.

i dont think much of it right now, but with the right build, it could be a good match. plus sheamus has gotten better on the mic and in the ring so it should be better then the last time he met orton in the ring.

Not excited for this as this is the exact WWE title match that was on the Royal Rumble's card. And from what I remember it was a blunder of a match and I wasn't into it that much. Orton may be a hugely popular face, and Sheamus may be coming into his own as a top heel star, but this match wasn't that great at the Rumble and since these two have styles in the ring that seemingly have not changed since January, I think we can expect the same subpar match that we seen then, but hey I have been wrong before so I hope i'm wrong again and that this match blows me away.

Im not sure about this match...dont get me wrong im sure it will be solid as we have two very good wrestlers who can put an entertaining match....but i still need to see the build up...... randy is very popular right now and hasnt held the title since bragging rights.....which in modern times is an ETERNITY.......but at the same time you have sheamus who just won the title......and it would benefit Sheamus to have a better and LONGER title reign than his first....besides Sheamus has evolve since his first reign....he is credible and entertaining right now......so i think ill give the nod to Sheamus to retain but down the line i think rko will win the title.......it would also help to know HHH return date .... because that could play into the result of not only the match but the feud as well

I am looking forward to this. Orton has been on a roll and is probably the most popular superstar along with Cena right now. I see him winning. With Miz winning MITB they might be setting up a Orton Miz fued.

This could be the perfect time for The Miz to cash in his MITB. Orton beats Sheamus, then The Miz cashes in. Sheamus is screwed out of his rematch. Can't have a rematch for the belt when the winner no longer has the belt. This also sets up a three way feud. Sheamus and Orton fued for the number one contender, which Orton wins, then have The Miz and Orton start their feud. Another option is to have The Miz interfere in the number one contender matches and end up with a triple threat match at the next PPV.

IMO the match at The Rumble was pretty solid, and since there really isn't any chance of interference(Nexus is busy), this one could be even better. Sheamus has had WAY too many fluke wins and needs one or two clean ones to keep him looking legit, although I do see this as a filler fued before HHH comes back to reek havock in the title picture(again). O do have high expectations on this though, can't wait to see it.

Sheamus will probably retain here and, as many has mentioned, needs a convincing victory here. However I do see Orton winning at Night of Champions possibly with Triple H returning and costing Sheamus the title.

I am looking forward to this. I do believe that Randy Orton and Sheamus can put on a good show. I actually like there last match because Randy Orton at the time was still a heel, and i always love to see Heel vs heel situations, which they seemed to do a lot tonight on raw, with Edge vs Jericho, Sheamus Vs Wade Barret and the Miz vs Sheamus. It shows who is over with the fans.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this, Should be a SOLID match, It was at the Rumble, And now it's SummerSlam, Argueably the 2nd biggest PPV of the year.

I see Orton winning then an Edge fued over the WWE Title, I've waited for an Edge-Orton title fued for a long long time, And it'll probably happen soon.

I don't really care who wins, I'll be cheering for Randy, But I'd be okay with a Sheamus victory. I'm really looking forward to SummerSlam 2010!

I believe orton is going to win , they just didn't want him and cena to fued for it since they're both fan favorites , the miz might wait for nexus to strike the wwe champion , orton is like the only wrestler the fans wanna see champion , I like this Match because for once cena isn't in it , the age of orton is beginning .

I don't know why, but I am pulling for a sheamus win here...I thought at first it was going to be a short reign, but hey its only been a month still..

Orton I expect to win at next years wrestlemania, I can wait that long why cant he..

Plus, I feel Orton doesn't really need a title around him at the moment...Sheamus needs it more..

Lastly, with Nexus having a match at SummerSlam, they won't be interfering I believe..

This match could be good. I'm actually delighted to know that it wasn't Triple H vs Sheamus. Not because I don't like the feud. And that I don't like the push it will be giving Sheamus. It's due to the fact that there's so many others he could feud with. So many others he needs to properly dominate and actually put down. Rather than again putting down, or being put down by Triple H.

I think this match could be pretty good. Sheamus will probably come out the winner. Just because it makes the most sense to have Sheamus retaining at this Pay Per View. Randy is on a roll. But he just doesn't need the world title. Not yet. So therefore Sheamus has to win.

The Fan part of me really wants randy to win, but the IWC side of me thinks that sheamus really needs a relevant win here. Ya he has beaten cena 3 times but none of those times were clean pinfall. TLC was a fluke, fatal fourway cena got his ass kicked and sheamus snuck in for a win, nexus interfered at the steel cage so ya. Sheamus needs to look more believable. Its not his fault, he is getting better and better and having more confidence its just the booking. Sheamus would have looked incredible beating cena senseless in the steel cage then pinning him and cena wouldnt have looked weak. Plus the whole running away to cena last week didnt help his credibility at all either. So my opinion, Sheamus needs this win way more then orton as orton is on fire and getting the biggest pops in the business right now.

I think sheamus needs more clean wins before he can be world champion , a fued with nexus to be exact , orton can be champion because he's relentless and I doubt nexus would want any part of orton if he was champ , he shows the world every Monday night that he doesn't need a championship to be great but everyone wants to see him champion , and I doubt we'll see a HHH and sheamus fued for the title because if HHH is running the nexus and Wade barrett still has a title match they'd have to fight for it which wouldn't make since it's too early , I believe orton and sheamus will fued while nexus and the " cenation " or team cena fued with nexus and when everyone least expects it HHH comes and destroys orton and sheamus thus making them allies and sheamus might turn face since he hasn't already , the miz is slowly turning face ( don't know how long that'll last ) so triple H and nexus can destroy the raw roster , and in the end the raw roster comes back an saves the day Lol cena .

This is going to be an amazing match. Sheamus will retain, but it will not be a clean finish. I think that Sheamus will feud with Triple H over the WWE Championship right after this match, so obviously I don't think he'll be losing the belt. Another reason he'll retain is because Orton is already way over with the crowd, he doesn't need this title. He'll win iit eventually but right now isn't the right time.

I really enjoyed the style of match they had at Royal Rumble, so this one should be very good, i would love to see Orton win the belt because he hasn't won a single PPV match all year and he is way over with the crowd, but i see sheamus retaining. This match could go one of these 3 ways:

---Randy Orton wins the belt, setting up a Orton/Edge fued for the title

---Triple H returns and helps Orton win the belt to get some revenge on Sheamus

Most Likely:
---Sheamus retains the belt and HHH returns at Night of Champions to battle Sheamus for the WWE Title.

This should be good.

Can't be any worse than their Royal Rumble match, that's for sure. Man, was that shit. Of course, Orton is full face now, just because, and Sheamus is still Sheamus.

It won't be great, but has the potential to be at least above average. Their styles don't mix that well, with both of them being slow as hell, but they're both way over with the crowd, which could help the match a little.

I could definetly see Orton winning, as he's as hot now as he's been in quite awhile and what better place for him to when than Summerslam? Eh? However, I think Sheamus is in line for a rather long run as the champ, which should be decent at least.

This match should be good to great imo. There match at the Royal Rumble was good despite the interference by Cody Rhodes at the time. As for who should win or retain in this match. I would have to go with Sheamus to retain. Sheamus needs some clean wins over main event star's beside Triple H and John Cena and a clean win over Randy might help Sheamus in the long run if it does happen.

I don’t know why this feud is getting so much hate already. I mean, things have changed since the last time the two guys faced off on Pay Per View and I have to believe that they have changed for the better, for the most part.

I know that the match at Royal Rumble was pretty poor but I think we are definitely destined for a better match this time. Sheamus is much more of a credible champion and he has also worked on his game inside the ring. Since the Royal Rumble, I like to think that Sheamus has evolved as a wrestler and is starting to look like the complete package that the WWE want him to be. His matches are getting more entertaining by the week and he is starting to grow into his character a little bit. Back at the Royal Rumble, I thought that he needed some work in trying to create that personality for his character and I think that he has found that in the last 6 months or so.

Randy Orton as a face is a little different and if he wins, I think you are all going to experience the cumulative orgasms of the IWC at the one time. The fact of the matter is that Orton has probably changed more than Sheamus and I think that is for the better too.

Personally, I can’t see how people are being negative about this match. I am really optimistic that we are going to see something special between these two guys. Maybe I am asking too much of them though. I fully expect Sheamus to win the match but I wouldn’t be surprised if Randy Orton came out of the match as the victor.

I think this is an interesting feud. Over the last seven months, Orton has become the biggest face in the company and Sheamus has cemented himself as a main eventer. This has some potential, but it all depends on what WWE does with it. The match itself is obviously going to be different. Orton's face turn has seen him execute moves at a faster pace and this could lead to a much better outing for the pair at SummerSlam. It really was the only logical way to go with Sheamus' reign after Cena. I see Sheamus retaining but only just.

Cant wait for this match! Randy is currently my favourite superstar on Raw and Sheamus is growing on me. Which leads me to believe that hopefully... this match will pass everyones low expectations on this match and that Sheamus will walk out with a clean victory to establish him.

Not much else to mention about this match, but hopefully the build we be good and Orton walks in the favourite. Again, that would be good so Sheamus looks good if he wins because their is absolutely no point in beating Orton if Orton is the underdog with no chance of winning. Because that simply wouldnt help Sheamus and hurt Orton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back