Summerslam: W.W.E Championship: Randy Orton v John Cena

Good shit, I couldve sworn I remembered people leaping to their death off of balconies in the RAW LD when this got decided. I am also very excited for this one. Everyone was pining for this match at WM, so I cant see why they wouldnt now. Granted, Ortons character isnt quite as hot now as it was around Mania time, but still. As said ealrier, these two had a pretty decent feud going last fall before Mr.Kennedy fucking ruined it, and it never got its proper blow off match. Hopefully that stuff is cited, and this thing gets a proper build going in. It could truly be a huge match. Hoping Cena takes the title here.

This is such a load of shit to me. Its not like I haven't seen it half a dozen times already. And no, thats not me trying to be coy. Its the truth. Let's review.

Summerslam 2007: Cena d. Orton

Unforgiven 2007: Orton d. Cena

No Way Out 2008: Cena d. Orton

Wrestlemania 24: Orton d. Triple H & John Cena

Night of Champions 2009: Orton d. Triple H & John Cena

Holy crap, are you kidding me? Between them, Orton has yet to pick up an actual pinfall victory over Cena in a single's match on a major Pay per view. Yet, at the same time, it was ironically at the Summerslam event two year's ago that Cena picked up the only natural victory in a single's match between them, that didn't include a Disqualification.

Anyone who is excited for this match-up, is likely short-minded and can't remember what happened two weeks ago, let alone a year ago. As for the rest of us, I've seen far too many one-on-one encounters between these two for it to make me even remotely excited yet again. Call me crazy, but I wanted Mark Henry to be the guy instead of Cena.

And no one can tell me that Mark Henry wouldn't of brought some type of excitement to the mix, as he would've been new and fresh. Thats what people complain about the most. Its not that Cena or Triple H constantly get all the shots, or that Orton constantly remains the Champion.. its that no one else gets involved within the 3-man war that they always have.

If you add Mark Henry into the mix for one month. Allow Cena and Triple H to go off and do their own thing, maybe even feud with Legacy by way of a match against Rhodes & DiBiase, then circle back to one final blow-out inside a Hell in a Cell, or something like that.. it'd be far more interesting and entertaining, than seeing Cena/Orton 3, or 5.

Then again, what do I know. I wanted Mark fricken Henry to Main Event the second largest Pay per view this Company puts on. I must be crazy.

Some wrestling fans never cease to amaze me. No matter how hard the WWE tries to please the fans there is always a select number of fans who have to moan and complain about the matches on the Summerslam card. The WWE decides to not give us Triple H vs. Orton for who knows how many times we’ve already seen them and that’s not good enough apparently.

Also, I can’t help but chuckle at the fact that some people would have preferred Mark Henry vs. Orton instead of Cena vs. Orton. Mark has been pretty enjoyable the last couple of weeks but does anyone actually think that they could have a great match? It may be a fresh match to have but I honestly doubt that a lot of people want to see it. They probably wouldn’t even be able to have a match near the caliber of a Cena vs. Orton match. Randy Orton and John Cena have only had a couple of one-on-one matches and they were all good and entertaining. This match will probably be good and entertaining just like their previous ones have been. I’m really excited and I’m looking forward to this match, I’ll be cheering for Cena to finally take the title off of Randy Orton.

Well finally we get to see these two fight, everytime they have a good rivalry one of them gets injured but I see Randy Orton and John Cena as The Rock and Steve Austin in this era they've done it all from be champions to winning the rumble and main eventing wrestlemainia and with eachother at one point. As for triple h we dont need to see him in the wwe title picture for a good long time like Cena from after her lost the world title till Night of champs he wasnt in the title picture now everyones glad to see him back in the running so let triple h fued with others like swagger maybe even miz and let him fued with legacy(dibiase and rhodes) maybe he can even challenged them to a tag match at summerslam saying he'll find a partner to take them down and all you'll hear at summerslam is BREAK IT DOWN and then DX will be back for a good 2 -3 months but anyways the point is cena and orton will be a good summerslam main event like they had 2 years ago in 2007 but for this one cena will not win which im happy about but as break down cena will get a rematch and make orton tap out to stf and then the storyline will fly from there who knows batista could return for the hell in a cell ppv and we will see batista cena 2 in hiac or maybe a triple between the 2 and orton but all i know is what isaid will happen for sure

Even though I am tired of HHH, I will love Orton vs. Cena at Summerslam. They have had good matches in the past and I hope that there will be no interference in this match, but Legacy will probably interfere. Cena will lose at Summerslam, but I think he will make Orton tap at Breaking Point to win the WWE Title. This will lead to Orton-HHH at Hell In A Cell to finally end this dreadful feud.

I'm a fan of seeing these 2 feud again and that this is the best course of action for the main event picture of 1 of the big 4 ppvs. I say Orton will get the win here but I kinda hope these 2 have at it for another month or so. I really am done like many others with Triple H in the mix. I think these 2 have unfinished business from the past and I think now is the time for these 2 to fight it out.

i am quite happy to see orton v cena as long as it is a proper wrestling match and there is no interference from legacy i remember when Orton used to get it done by bringing the RKO out of nowhere and that was what was so brilliant about him i think they are wrecking him at the minute tbh. i think it will be hhh & hbk V legacy at summerslam and i hope it is as i'm looking forward to seeing HBK return. i think that orton will retain at summerslam and HHH will have a go at breaking point. Personally i love seeing HHH V Orton as there two of my favourite wrestlers and let's be honest apart from cena, orton, hhh, batista and HBK there are no other challengers atm we need to get Masters, MVP, Swagger and Kofi on a push

Woo! John Cena vs. Randy Orton! How fresh, how new, how exciting! Not.

I'm sure plenty of fans will love to see these two go at it again, but I'm not one of them. I've never found the chemistry between the two to be interesting in the least bit, and we've already seen this match several times. I'm sure Cena will win the title, and that'll be nice I suppose. I'd rather have Cena as champ than Orton, that's for damn sure. Can't say I'm looking forward to this match-up though.

I think this match is coming at the right time, especially given that their last feud never truly finished. I think this going to be a good match, especially as they both have evolved as grapplers since feuding and this should be ALOT better than Orton vs. Triple H.

I think Randy will retain in this, but will lose at Breaking Point to Cena. I don't see Cena winning this early in the feud, much like Cena didn't drop the title to Orton, they need to keep the feud fresh and also Cena winning via Submission based match. This gives Orton some credit, but this might be the feud that refreshes Orton's year that has been sucked down since the Rumble win!

I hope neither win because I hate this match...but in reality Orton should win to go on and feud with someone new like MVP Henry or Swagger, before feuding with HBK.

I think John Cena will win the match as he has not had a title since Backlash. John Cena could go onto to feud with someone like HBK, Batista or MVP while we can see HHH and Ortan finnally finish their fued in HIAC.

Either way Orton does not come out of this with the Title he either loses it here or taps out at breaking point because there is no was on gods green earth Cena is ever submitting.

Ah a WWE Championship Match without Triple H. Its about fucking time. I was getting sick of seeing Orton/HHH go at it over and over again. Cena hasn't been in the title picture since Backlash so it will be a nice change of pace. Cena won the only clean finish between the two two years ago so I expect Orton to win the rubber match.

I guess I'm the minority when I say I am looking foward to this match. While Cena and Orton might not of had the greatest chemistry together it still certainly wasn't bad, and I believe their match will probably be a great watch. I doubt that it gets any praise being on the same card as a Hardy/Punk TLC spotfest, but oh well. I hope it is at least as good as the one they had at SummerSlam 07', because I thought that was a great match. I think Cena goes over here which is fine, seeing how he hasn't really been in the title scene lately, but I think they should let Orton take this one at Summerslam and then let Cena take the belt off him at Breaking Point so he wouldn't be the champ for his HIAC match with Triple H.

it should be good as SummerSlam 2007. these two can actually go together well. unlike Hunter and Orton they are not boring. they bring more excitment to the match. this will be quick feud. as Cena will win at Breaking point or SummerSlam. Cena although does not ever had a Hell IN A Cell match. so it could be interesting to see if Orton holds the belt till then.

i really am looking forward to this match. Why, because I have always thought that these do men really do put on a great match. On top of that they have only had 2 real one on one matches between them. SummerSlam two years ago, and No way out last year. I don't count those two disqualifications.... I don't understand why people are getting pissed about this match. It's like no matter what wwe does you're going to be ticked at whatever they decide. We complained about Triple h hogging the main event, then we get Cena add. Then everyone still complains about the triple threat. So when we finally get a one on one match up, and it's not Triple h vs Orton. What do people do? Oh that's right, we complain. For once I'm happy with the decision that wwe made.

Look what can happen, we get a decent match at summerslam. Cena is going to win before Hell In a Cell so that Triple h vs Orton can happen. I don't see the point of having the title on Orton at that point because Trips "doesn't care about the title." So we get Cena as champ, which i can't wait for, because Orton hasn't been exciting since he got screwed at Mania. Then we can have some fresh feuds going on over the title. Excluding both Orton and Triple h. In the long run I think the decision is the right one, because it will freshen things up.

If cena wins i think it will release Orton onto a different path, maybe having feuds with different people on RAW other than Triple H, but i'm afraid i just can't see Cena winning. Everyone complains that Cena defies all the odds EVERY time so i dont think it will happen again. Dont get me wrong, i'd love Cena to win, im a massive Cena fan, but after what happened on RAW last night, Cena geting all the 'momentum heading into Summerslam' can you really expect Cena to win? the other scenario is, we can expect Cena to absolutely B**** on orton like Batista did at Extreme Rules. I'd prefer the latter. :p

This match is really up in the air now and it has ramifications for everyone, no matter who the winner is.

If Randy Orton wins, things continue on the way they are going. DX will probably continue to feud with Legacy and Cena will probably continue to feud with Orton. I can see these two feuds going the distance. However if Cena wins then things change rather quickly. Will Legacy still be feuding with DX if the guy who is leading them is no longer the champion. More so than that, will Triple H even care about feuding with Legacy if Orton isn't wearing the strap!? I don't think so. The whole point of reforming DX was so that he could get past Legacy and get to Randy Orton. What is the point if he is not the champion anymore?

Randy Orton to win this one by some DQ or some other swerve.

Cena will win in normal superman fashion...I thought everyone would know this is how it goes down by now.

I'd be surprised if Orton leaves SS as WWE Champ. Worst case scenario its a DQ finish or something like that. If this closes the show (which it may) fully expect Cena to leave with the strap. I don't see it happening any other way.

Cena has all the momentum in the world, but Orton will still win at Summer Slam. I'm not ready to see Cena with gold just yet. If anyone, I want Michaels to take it off Orton when the time comes. Orton's legacy isn't quite finished yet.

Orton wins with Legacys help yet again or maybe Orton will surprise the world and do it himeself...NOT!!!

I can't see Cena winning the belt in the first match of a new feud between the two. I say Orton wins under dubious circumstances, and these two feud until Survivor Series. Orton has been on a roll since he stopped having to worry about Triple H, and I expect that roll to continue.

It's surprising that Orton gets as much love against Cena as he does. I don't see an outcome that doesn't have Cena winning. It's simply a case of Cena being due for a run going into the fall. Although what could possibly be done with Orton after this feud that's not been done already? Maybe Orton DOES retain the belt. I just don't see it though. I see Cena winning and Orton/Cena trading matches for months until possibly Survivor Series. Batista might return before then, too...so we could see Orton/Batista or something. Cena will win it.

Well this match was certainly over-booked but I marked out for that fan. Thought it was Freddie Prinze Jr. at first. Orton got a lot of pops too, guess a good chunk of the crowd was pleased to see him retain.

Oi, what a shitfest. I expected almost nothing from this, and I was still let down. For a wrestling match, it was average. Orton used his best rear chinlock in a long time, and Cena even busted out the 6th or 7th different move in his repertoire. But, the ending made it so much worse. The first restart, could've been brilliant. They just did it to death after that.

I will say this though. The "fan" running and fucking up the ending was great. I was fooled. I didn't watch RAW, but Lee explained the whole thing to me, and I felt like a sucker. It was a work that worked. Good jo writers...

Grade: F You can't polish shit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back