WWE Capitol Punishment: World Heavyweight Championship: Christian vs. Randy Orton

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrownstone

Fucking Hostile
20110610_cp_ortonchristian.jpg

What was once a boyhood dream to capture the World Title has now transformed into a destructive obsession. And after turning his back on his loyal Peeps, a jaded Christian prepares to battle World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton at WWE Capitol Punishment.

Christian tasted ultimate glory for a brief moment in time, only to have it snatched away as quickly as it had entered his grasp. Just five days after he captured the vacant World Heavyweight Championship in a heroic match with Alberto Del Rio at Extreme Rules, GM Theodore Long and the WWE Universe chose Randy Orton to face him in his first title defense on SmackDown. Later that night, The Viper reigned supreme over the new champion, crushing his lifelong dream without warning.

The two Superstars would then face-off in a championship rematch at WWE Over the Limit. But, in a classic bout that could have gone either way, WWE’s Apex Predator once again triumphed, leaving Christian to pick up the pieces. Still, the hard-fought battle made one thing clear to the defeated grappler: He knew he could beat Randy Orton.

Competing in a World Title No. 1 Contender’s Match against Sheamus and Mark Henry the following week on SmackDown, Christian had The Celtic Warrior pinned. But, because the referee was busy getting Orton out of the ring – after The Viper executed a retaliatory RKO on Henry – he could not make the official three-count. Moments later, Sheamus delivered the big boot and captured the victory instead, once more ripping away Christian’s hope of facing Orton at the top of the mountain.

When Orton faced Sheamus for the championship one week later, Teddy Long made Christian the special guest referee. That proved to be too much for Captain Charisma to take. Moments after Orton retained, Christian stunned the WWE Universe, attacking him with the World Title.

The next week, the resentment-driven Christian renounced his association with his Peeps and made a title match with The Viper. He then attacked Orton yet again, allowing Sheamus to capture a non-title victory over the World Heavyweight Champion.

An explosive showdown is coming to Washington D.C. Will Christian’s aggressive campaign win him the high office of World Heavyweight Champion? Or will Randy Orton’s RKO veto send him running back to the hill? Find out at Capitol Punishment, Sunday June 19 at 8/7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

This should be good, these two are two for two so far as far as good matches go so I am expecting nothing different here.

I am actually thinking this could be Christians chance to get the title back, why else would they turn him heel? If he doesn't get the title here, fresh off his heel turn then I don't think that he ever will.

Thoughts on this match?

I don't think it will be as good as their other two matches.

Mainly because I am thinking that they do the traditional face vs heel route. Orton is good in competitive and/or "I don't need to act like a face" matches. However, he is better off dying a miserable death than trying to be sympathetic and is a pretty terrible seller. I don't remember much about Christian as a heel wrestler, but he better f'n put on a show for the ages to drag an "ok" match out of Orton in this environment.

I think Orton takes it the win here just because they like him more. lol

The Christian heel turn was expected and logical. I think WWE made a mistake when they took the belt of Christian so Quickly. So far these two have had two excellent matches and the third should be good now that Christian is the Heel. Christian is capable of working as both a face and a heel. Its been awhile since he was heel so I'm looking forward to this new turn.

Unfortunitally Christian won't be winning the belt back at Capital Punishment or any other PPV. HE IS DONE! As far as World Titles go. He got his one, his moment and thats it. Vince simply doesn't see that drawing power Christian has. If Christian hasn't convinced Vince he's a main event player by now he never will.

As bad as The Over the Limit buyrate is turning out, I hope that is somehow a reflection on the fans disappointment that WWE didn't keep the strap on Captain Charisma. WWE has been really bland and boring since Extreme Rules ended.

For the record I have no problem with Cena or Orton as Champion, but I'm not convinced they are the best choice as this time.

Feel free to correct me, but didn't Christian start a feud with Cena on the Peep Show a couple of years back? That was his one real chance to shine as a heel. I think that he can have a good, long feud with Orton now if they do a slow build with him using some underhanded heel techniques to get under Orton's skin. He doesn't have to win at Capitol Punishment, just have another awesome match so he can be shown as being on the same level as Orton. Give him a sidekick (maybe Andy from Tough Enough) and let him keep pushing Orton until he finally breaks him at Sumerslam and takes the title. Let him run with it for a couple of months and finally have the final blow off match at Survivor Series where Orton gets his belt back. That way, you still have Orton and Cena carrying gold going into the Rumble and Christian is your number 1 heel on Smackdown

Random thought......

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda funny that Randy Orton back in 2007-2008 was an IWC DARLING!!!....Now it seems like they he's the most hated guy in the IWC, lol....typical hypocrisy.

Anyway's, onto the match.

This should be another great match from two awesome wrestlers, BOTH men know what it takes to put on a good match so I have no doubt in my mind that's what we will get. However, I have a suspicious feeling that Christian will walk away with title here, possibly by cheating or an interference. I feel this feud is FAR from over, and letting Christian hold the strap for a little while could help pro-long it.

Now gimme a heck yes.

I think that this match has to be the chance to be even better than the previous two of Orton-Christian matches as both guys are going to wrestle under a particular alignment and there seem to be no doubt about the disdain each guy has for the other at this point. Christian has the opportunity to be more vicious in his offense and Orton is someone whom we know that combats viciousness by being even more vicious. I expect a very hard hitting match-up.

As for the result, I feel that Christian should win here with Sheamus' help. Christian needs to defeat Orton to be seen as his equal in the ring. I think that Christian will buy Sheamus' help by guaranteeing him a shot at his title at MITB if he wins. Christian can then go on to win the title at Capitol Punishment, defend it in a three way match involving Sheamus at MITB by pinning Sheamus before Orton finally defeats Christian in a gimmick match at Summerslam.

Unfortunately, Christian won't win this match.
VKM don't like him. Simple as. He jumped ship to TNA, and that's not what WWE needed.

IF HE'S LUCKY, Christian will win MITB, and keep out the way for a bit. Then build him up as a heel, before giving him the title.
Orton will win, then defend against Sheamus/Barrett for a bit.

u all know randy orton is gonna win he just got the title he'll probably keep it for a few months, as far as cena i hope he dont have a title all year

Random thought......
Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda funny that Randy Orton back in 2007-2008 was an IWC DARLING!!!....Now it seems like they he's the most hated guy in the IWC, lol....typical hypocrisy.

This is the truth, the all truth and nothing but the truth, it makes me disgusted with things like
"Orton cant sell"
"Orton is bland"
"Orton can't speak"
"Orton can't wrestle"
Fuck all of you!!
Go watch your old DVD's/Tapes with "awesome" wrestlers and post only in the Old School Wrestling.

Onto the Match:
If WWE wants to make Christian a good and believable Main Eventer, they need to make him win here in a heelish faction, because we will not want to see Orton vs Christian IV and after it Christian doesn't have anyone to feud with.
He can solve his problems with Big Zeke, but thats not main event material.

But there is no way that WWE will make Orton lose the championship one month after gain it.
I think that next Friday they will add Sheamus into this match, and Orton will pin him, leaving Randy Orton vs Christian to fight in a TLC or Ladder Match.

I actually think Christian will win this. More often than not, when someone asks for one last match to prove their superiority over the opponent, they actually win it. Obviously it wont be a clean win, but regardless, Christian will finally get his proper title reign now - I hope. It will probably be by knocking out Orton with the championship. And I do hope he wins since I feel he really deserves it.

This will be another good match-up between the two and has the potential to be better now that there is alignment.

I can see Orton retaining because his title reign just hasn't been very long but I feel that Christian needs to win to remain relevant and still continue this feud.

It would be interesting to see if Sheamus has any involvement on the match.

This is going to be really interesting, not because of the match itself but I'm really curious to see the psychology these two will put with the fact that Christian is a now a heel.

I say interesting because I'm not sure what to expect from the match and the result. It would make sense if the wins goes either way. Christian winning since he is a recent heel, it would be dumb to turn him just to make him lose. On the other hand, Orton losing? He hasn't been world champ for so long that he has gotten stale, specially the fact that in his second night/show, they gave him the title. He is the face of SD! after all.

Not sure here, but it will be good for sure. Just like the Cena/Truth match, it's a refreshing main event scene seeing how a mid carder like Christian is becoming a top dog. I just hope he stays right there.

I’m predicting another awesome match from these two. We all know Randy Orton is booked to be an unstoppable, invincible babyface. But Christian is now a heel. This gives Christian ways to win while still making Orton look like a God. Christian can now use the title belt, ring bell, ring ropes, trying to win the Heavyweight Championship by any means necessary. It’s been reported Randy Orton is sporting a concussion. This may not be serious; however, a little time to recover (say 2-4 weeks) is enough to bet Christian is winning the Heavyweight Championship here. I’m not quite satisfied with this feud until Christian comes out the victor. This gives us an in depth and personal feud to hold us over for the next month. With this feud between Orton and Christian, I believe it’s ok if the Championship changes hands every so often without lowering its value. We will see a Christian heel run with the World Heavyweight Championship.

Hamler's Prediction - Christian

This match has to be match of the year canditate.

1.Because so far Raw has 5 matches set for capitol punishment and smackdown only has 2.

2.I want Orton to win and I think he will win, but if somehow Christian does win then they must make him keep the title for a few months and I dont think they want to do that.Because he hasnt really proven to be a Top guy in WWE one short WHC reign that he only won cause edge retired.

3.Orton kinda has to win in a hard fought either way match.because Long will realize that Christian deeerves ONE more match and that will give them the perfect time to get Cody Rhodes to the main event

Christian winning here could work. A Christian title win would help prolong this feud, and I have no problem with that. These two have delivered some superb matches, and Christian's heel turn has added a nice spark to this feud. I think Christian will take this one. I could see Christian using some sort of sneaky and dirty trick to pull off the win here, and Orton would probably regain the gold in the near future, because I don't expect Christian to have lengthy title run.

Crazy theory coming but for me it depends on two wrestlers: Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett. I believe both are going to be thrown in the main event for a test run moreso in Bryan's case. Since I think Zeke is going to win the IC Title, Barrett is the next heel to challenge Orton so I see Randy winning. However, if Christian wins I expect Bryan to be his next feud because you can't have Orton/Christian/Sheamus forever.

My expectations for this are immense. Probably too high. Anything other than a MOTY contender would be a disappointment...

Because this is the one were they can let it ALL loose. All of Christians rage and angst, its time to let loose and prove he can beat Orton.

He wont, obviously, but the match is going to be magnificent. It has been highly covered in detail Christians chances at winning the big one, but wont stop this match from being a blast, and giving him a very strong heel character going forward.

This is the match I'm most looking forward to this Sunday. If you had told me when I started watching wrestling that Christian would be wrestling for the World Title I would have told you to pass the bong.

Christian has brought out the best Randy Orton we've seen in years. Their previous matches have been above average to awesome. Heel or face I've always been a fan of Christian and I will be rooting for him this Sunday. This match alone is worth the price of the PPV.

I had thought Orton would retain again, but now I am not so sure. A Christian victory would make sense given Orton's current condition. I hope he will be able to compete, but if it's bad enough then Christian will be taking over for a bit. The match will probably not be as good as their last one, but I still have it picked as a potential show stealer because we have seen an amazing couple of matches from the two already. I've given Christian the win due to the issue with Orton's concussion and a heel Christian run with the title could be good too.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Christian will win the World Championship

This is a tricky match up, but given the incredible match they had at the last PPV, it's without a doubt the most anticipated match of the show for most of us. It's a shame that Orton reportedly suffered a concussion this past weekend and is questionable for this match, but if he can work safely then I'm sure we're in for another barn-burner. I also think the WWE have seemingly changed their mindset on Christian and will in fact have him win the title here, in order to keep things interesting on Smackdown and perhaps even to give Orton a bit of time off if he's suffering from any post concussion syndromes.

I don't see Christian winning here, and the loss won't hurt his heel turn whatsoever. I can't see them going back to another single's match between the two right away following this match, but Money In The Bank is the next PPV, where they can turn to Orton/Sheamus with Christian competing in MITB. With Orton cleared to wrestle and Sheamus seemingly out of the way after being punted by Orton on Friday, this gives Christian a chance to zero in on the "concussed" Orton to win the title.

For me, its the logical match to close the show. Its the best feud going in WWE currently, and both men have proved more then capable of stealing the show in their previous two matchups. Christian is turning into the Edge character circa 2005 who was obsessed with winning the title, and I could see them going that storyline route with Christian winning the MITB and winning the title after cashing in on Orton. I hope they close the show with this match as I expect great things from it, especially with Orton cleared to wrestle. He'll retain here, and we'll get Orton/Sheamus next month with Christian winning Money In The Bank and taking the title from Orton then.

LSN's Prediction: Randy Orton will retain the World Heavyweight Title

I am unsure about this one. As Orton is to be the face of SD, it wouldnt make sense for him to lose the title here, but knowing he has recently suffered a concussion and may need time off, and seeing how well the Christian heel turn is going, I could also see the CLB coming away with the win.

I reckon we may see a Sheamus appearance too, but if I had to make a choice I would surprise myself and say I see Christian coming away with the belt. A heel Christian with the title would be great to see, I think he deserves it and it looks like Vince is maybe starting to change his mind on Christian and hopefully he can have a decent length reign with the belt.

Prediction- Christian cheats to win the belt

I agree with pretty much everything i've read. I agree this should be the match of the night. I am hoping that christian wins, but that's only because i'm still a peep.

Anyway this is what I think will go down. I say christian wins. Then monday night is a 3 hour power to the peeps show. They'll ask the fans if Christian should defend and he'll lose the title again to Orton (or strawberry shortcake) only this time within 24hrs of winning it instead of 48 (well 5 days since we saw it on tv).

This could keep the story line going and keep it decently fresh. The whole christian can win but cant hold on storyline can cause christian to go crazy into MITB. Especially since it would have been the "peeps" that screwed him again. with a MITB win, they can continue to build not only characters but the fued into summerslam.

lots of potential with this fued with injuries and ADR back on smackdown. what a reason to keep watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back