Summerslam 2011 - Randy Orton VS Christian - No Holds Barred Match - WHC

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
20110727_ss_christianorton.jpg

At SummerSlam, World Heavyweight Champion Christian will attempt to cool the intense heat of his No. 1 contender Randy Orton in a brutal No Holds Barred Match for the World Title.

The epic showdown was created by WWE’s new Chief Operating Officer Triple H on the July 29 edition of SmackDown (WATCH), in the midst of a sea of controversy surrounding the circumstances by which Christian captured his second World Title from The Viper at WWE’s Money in the Bank pay-per-view. (PHOTOS)

But, ultimately, the fuse for the explosive rivalry between Christian and Randy Orton was lit just five days after Christian fulfilled a lifelong dream, winning the World Heavyweight Championship for the first time at Extreme Rules (PHOTOS). Before his reign could even get off the ground, Randy Orton pinned his shoulders to the mat on the very next SmackDown and shattered his whole world. WWE’s Apex Predator then defeated his prey again in a hard-fought rematch at WWE Capitol Punishment.

Over the next several weeks, Christian’s inability to recover the illustrious title started to eat away at him. Already convinced that he could beat The Viper, he began to believe that SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long, Orton and even the WWE Universe were ultimately preventing him from reclaiming what was rightfully his.

Refusing to speak directly to the WWE Universe any longer, the resentful Christian soon enlisted the help of lawyers to correct what he believed was an unlevel playing field. This led to a special condition in the contract for his World Heavyweight Championship Match with Orton at Money in the Bank: If Orton was disqualified, Christian would automatically be awarded the title.

Once such a stipulation was in place, controversy seemed inevitable. And when Christian spat in the face of his adversary during their pay-per-view battle, Orton would be unable to stop his uncontrollable rage. Hitting his No.1 contender with a low blow, The Viper was immediately disqualified. And regardless of what the stunned WWE Universe thought, Christian once again held the title in his grasp. (PHOTOS)

No matter how Christian won the World Heavyweight Championship, no one can deny his tremendous ability in the ring. But, with no a disqualification clause to stand behind, can he overcome the uncontainable anger of Randy Orton at the Biggest Event of the Summer? Find out at SummerSlam, Sunday Aug. 14 at 8/4 PT, only on pay-per-view.

Christian and Orton have delivered a series a good matches, and their feud has been outstanding. I expect another good or great match here, and I wouldn't be surprised if Christian retained. Orton has been on rampage after the Money In The Bank pay per view, but I think Christian will find another way to sneak away with a victory here. Orton is the man on the blue brand, and Smackdown has become his show, but he should have many more reigns as WHC in the future. I think Christian will have his little run with the title this time around. The heel version of Captain Charisma has been very entertaining so far, and Christian is doing a fine job as the top heel on Smackdown.

Who will walk out of Summerslam as the World Heavyweight Champion? Will Orton punt Christian out of action?

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen here

On one hand, Orton's been pushed to the moon, and it's been stated that they want to make him the face of smackdown, which leads me to believe that he'll be champion again (even though I believe he's more entertaining when he's chasing the title instead of holding it)

And on the other hand...Christian JUST won the title, and there's no way they'd screw...christian...like that...

Yeah, Orton wins

It's been a great feud so far between Orton and Christian and I'm thinking that Christian wins this here to end this feud. Who knows maybe The Undertaker makes his annual Summerslam return and takes out Christian after he retains. I'm even thinking maybe Mark Henry screws Orton and they have a feud after should be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Awesomeness. They finally got to that next level with this feud and it has been great. They managed to keep it fresh for like, 4 months and now we get the Gimmick Match blow off.

No idea how this ends. Christian winning would be cool as a fan, but the only other person I can see challenging him for the title afterward would be Sheamus. No issues with that at all, but Orton winning certainly leaves a few more possibilities with Smackdown being so heel heavy. Henry, Rhodes, Barrett, etc. The only other face I could see rising up to the next level would be Zeke, but I think it's a bit too soon for him.

At any rate, it's been a solid few months and I'm sorry to see it end, but hopefully they can end it with the best match of their series.

well as far as i have been seeing anything is possible but what i think might happen is that christian might reatain and at the end of the match orton punts him which will lead to daniel bryan cashing on christian because after orton who is going to face him becausee sheamus seems like he is going to be fueding with henry so there really is not another face that would be good

Well I don't see Christian going over Orton cleanly and Orton has no need to control his anger because it's a no holds barred match.

If he is with company I see it to be the perfect time for a Jericho Return. It would be on the second biggest PPV, he was last seen being punted in the head by Orton on wwe tv, it would give Christian a chance to go and defend the title against someone else while Orton feuds with Jericho and seeing how Cena is the WWE champ on Raw(or punk is whichever) Christian would be the only full fledged heel World Champion and look at Cena last year he didn't have the title for 10months and was still the face of the company so if cena can do that on Raw Orton can easily do that on Smackdown

Kind of unsure as to what will happen here.

On the one hand this has to be the final match in the feud and given that one would think that Orton, the face, will prevail and end this once and for all. Only, if that happened there would be another match in this series and Christian has a rematch clause if he loses.

Given the way this is being built up, with Orton being a complete lunatic and everything and this being a no holds barred match I think he will probably win. There may well be some stipulation put in place where Christian gets no rematch to ensure this is the last match of the feud.

Orton winning makes more sense too given SD is heel heavy, he would have a lot more potential feuds with Henry, Rhodes, Barrett etc, if Christian wins who does he have? Sheamus I guess and maybe DBD, although I couldn't see Christian vs Daniel Bryan headlining a PPV for the world title.

So I think Orton wins but I am not entirely sure.

This has been a pretty good feud, the matches were solid the build ups for each contest were solid but, I don't know after so much bad blood has been built up from both sides I feel like this should have a better gimmick, maybe like 2-Out-of-3 Falls Match or a three stages of Hell match. Things are usually settled for good and then you move on after and set up something else however, If Orton wins, this feud could go on another month. I'm not complaining about the stipulation it's fine, there is ultimately nothing wrong with it. Based on how they are building this it seems to favor Orton's newly, albeit slightly tweaked Psycho Viper Gimmick. I don't know it could go either way, I want to see it. I don't know what WWE wants to do with this feud either extend it one more month or put Chris over Orton (which is a stretch). Quite a few factors.

These two have been absolutely fantastic together. Every match the put on has been a quality and enjoyable match. They've kept this feud fresh for months now and it has been red hot. In terms of who will win, I have no idea. I honestly see Orton going over, but I'm really pulling for Christian. If they want to get Christian over as a legit player a win over Orton will do that. Orton will get back to the title, he just has that power. Christian however would float around the upper midcard and probably stay there. Keeping the title and have a good run with it would do wonders for Christian and solidify him as a player. A feud with the badass, newly turned Sheamus would likely be on the horizon and that would be pretty fun to watch.

Even though I'd personally like to see some stability with the championship and have Christian hold it a while longer, I think Orton has to come out the winner. If they want to continue to push Mark Henry towards the top, it's obvious he would set his sights on Orton next after he beats Sheamus at Summerslam. They can afford to put Orton vs. Henry in a one on one match at either Night of Champions or Vengeance and see how it works. If they don't want to do a 1 on 1, make it a Fatal 4-Way between Orton, Henry, Sheamus and Christian.

Old-school feud to the core. I love it.

Two guys with a heated animosity towards the other, one is getting over week-by-week as one of the top heels on the show, using his cunning and intelligence to rise Orton, costing him the World Heavyweight Championship, while said person has shown an angry, vicsious side which we've not seen in some time. Randy has entered a more violent dimension of the "Viper" persona and he's intent on destorying Christian at all costs.

Christian is one of the most amibicle World Heavyweight Champions in some time. He is a heel with a fanfare, people know he deserves the belt and it drives the angle in a way because him holding onto it is what a lot of fans will hope to see, finally handed a good run, while Orton is out to mane what has became one of his biggest enemies.

I have loved this angle since day one. When Christian lost the belt, I shook my head, but Chris Jericho put it best - it was the start of something much bigger and much better. Its been one of the best feuds in WWE, in a long time, just two guys going at it each month, no matter who wins or loses they've both gotten over and now I anticipate something big to happen to culminate the angle.

Looking forward to his match, should be great - Orton vs. Christian V.

You know, it's ironic. It's ironic that in kayfabe, this match was made no holds barred in order to curtail Christian's incredible bullshitting abilities and yet, in reality, it gives him a better chance of winning. No holds barred? More like an irony man match, right? Despite me suspending my disbelief long enough to jump out of my seat every time Christian hits Orton with a spear or a killswitch, I know deep down that Orton's not going to stay down for a three. Chairs, ladders, tables, that sort of shit, is exquisite in that it gives faces - even huge superfaces like Orton and Cena - a genuine excuse for losing the match; not that it's often capitalised on.

I'm sure this will be the last match between the two, at least for a while. However, I'm not as sure as everyone else is that Orton will be walking out with the world title. Just like everyone else, I'm fairly certain that Orton will walk out of this into a Mark Henry feud - but the how is where we differ. I for one would not be surprised to see Henry defeat Sheamus earlier on in the night and then come out to beat the shit out of Orton. It's all legal.

Their story is still great and people don't seem to notice that they are at it for about 3 months.
The build up to this match we see Christian beating his opponents straight clean, making him look like a worthy World Champion and a main eventer.
We see Randy Orton losing because of Christian and losing his mind in psycho games.

The gimmick match is the end of the feud, but I don't know who should win.
I am guessing that Christian needs the victory more than Randy Orton, I think that making a guy interfere in the match would look nice, but it had to be a highly known guy like a return of Batista or even Edge (which is not going to happen)

Christian could feud with Sheamus and have a couple of great matches, while Randy Orton feuds with the guy that interfered or... feud with Jinder Mahal, that would do wonders for the kid in my opinion.

The No Holds Barred stipulation is interesting. These two have had some amazing wrestling matches, not brawls. Orton is great in a brawl, but Christian? We'll see, I suppose.

I don't know who wins here. Honestly, I haven't the slightest gut feeling either. I can see Christian winning, but who does he feud with? Sheamus? Sheamus would have to beat Mark Henry to move onto the champion, and it's hard for me to believe they are finished pushing Mark Henry.

I suppose Orton could take the strap back, but I'd rather see him chase the title. Oh, and if Orton does win, stop the whining. He's the face - he's supposed to win the war, even if he loses a few battles.

Interested to see where this goes. WWE has been rather awesome at keeping me guessing as of late, and this is no different.

Should be another awesome match between the two.

I don't know who'll win and I don't mind who wins, I know Christian hasn't had the title for very long but I can see Orton winning it again soon somehow. After all he is the face of SmackDown. If this is the last match between Orton and Christian for the foreseeable future then it brings a lot of intrigue as to who will feud with the World Heavyweight Champion after this match. If Orton leaves Summerslam the World Heavyweight Champion then, personally, I'd love to see Cody Rhodes feud with him (hopefully Ted DiBiase gets lost) as I think Cody has been great as of late.

This has been a fantastic feud and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Both have brought out the best in one another.

All of the matches in the Orton/Christian feud have been very enjoyable in my opinion and I'm assuming this will be the big blowoff gimmick match that will end their rivalry. Personally, I'm pulling for Christian but I won't be surprised if Orton wins. If WWE ever does plan on having Christian becoming a permanent main eventer, then having him retain the belt here is the way to go. But with very few faces on the Smackdown roster and with so many heels I can see getting a title shot, I can see Orton winning in order to feud with them. If that happens and this feud ends though, it might knock Christian down the card and that wouldn't be fun.

Should be a great match between the two as always. I see Christian winning this one with an inche of his life haha and I see it either going these two ways.

1. Sheamus vs Henry happens at SS, ends in a DQ (Sheamus win) because Henry loses his mind and repeatively uses a chair or they both lose their minds ending in a Double Countout - which overall makes both look strong, continues Henrys push and keeps Sheamus rolling a face. So then maybe Orton and Henry bump into each other backstage and Orton says "and i thought i had anger issues", Henry is then pissed off at the comment and interfers in the WHC match, beats on Orton and so Christian then steals the win. Orton and Henry then feud.

-or-

2. Christian makes a deal with Rhodes & DiBiase based on the history with the group "Legacy" and the rest writes itself. Either Christian starts a group with the two or Orton moves to a feud with Rhodes.

I don't get the Christian love. Actually I do. He was in the TLCs, he's normal sized, normal looking, waited a long time in his career to get the strap, has a clever way of doing promos, and has a generally high workrate. That's pretty much the formula for being a net darling.

I like Christian, however, he looks like a dufus. His haircut looks like he's trying to be the cool dad when it's really out of style.

That aside I'm estatic for this match. It's perfect. Both guys can do great brawling matches. It makes sense storyline-wise in that they had several matches where Orton won, Christian cheated, Orton has anger problems, but anger problems will only help in this match. It's beautiful.

My guess is Orton wins unless Christian has some hired help (Mark Henry maybe?). I see it being pretty brutal. Probably some RKOs on the announce table that won't break. It not breaking makes it seem way more brutal as something without give definately hurts more. Orton is REALLY good at looking crazy. His twitchy mannerisms in the ring kinda add to that.

There are only two ways this match can go. Either Randy wins clean or someone interferes and takes out Orton to give Christian the win. Personally, like almost everyone on the internet, I am rooting for option number two even though, logically speaking the chances are very bleak.

I know Orton is the face of Smackdown but it is not always neccesary for the face of the brand to be in the title picture. We saw it with John Cena on Raw last year and I would rate 2010 as one of Cena's better years. However for that to happen, you need a very good heel for your top babyface to feud with. Mark Henry looks like the biggest heel on the roster after Christian but he is no Nexus, which is what did the trick for Cena last year. Also what will the two of them feud over? Let us say Henry injures Orton and Orton comes back to take revenge. Somehow I do not see that kind of a feud lasting more than a month with guys like Henry and Orton involved. Will WWE deprive Orton off the title for THAT!? Does not appear likely.

Furthermore who is there to feud with Christian? Sheamus? A guy who has never worked as a face going up against a guy whom WWE has always had little faith in. That is not how WWE does things. Somehow the scenarios do not exactly add up.

So I'd say that unless something totally off the charts has been planned, which is something that rarely happens on Smackdown, Orton is winning this. Should be a stellar mtch, nonetheless.

I think this will be a great way to finish this amazing feud. Its hard to predict who will win. The champion(after this match) will probably feud with Sheamus/Henry(whoever wins, assuming they have a match at SummerSlam).
But who will the other have a go at?
Anyway, I hope that Christian wins and it will be another great match..

. I for one would not be surprised to see Henry defeat Sheamus earlier on in the night and then come out to beat the shit out of Orton. It's all legal.

ITS ALL LEGAL BABY!!! WHOO PUMP IRON BITCH

Ah, what do we give guys who do nothing but put on superb work together? A gimick match. Should be good, as just because something is no dq, does not necessarily mean they will go crazy with the weapons, and depart much from the formula they usually work.

This has the chance to be their best one yet, as they wont be limited by anything, and I turly give either guy just as much chance to come out with the win, via numerous shenanigans by Christian, or Orton getting his revenge. Either way, all the potential in the world.

Okay, this needs to be the blow-off for this feud. It's been great so far, and has turned out plenty of great matches, including at least one match of the year contender, but I can't see how they can drag this thing out much longer. That said, I don't really know who could win here. If Orton wins, Christian will have to get a rematch, right? But that means the feud continues, if only for a short time, and I doubt people will be as interested then. If Christian wins, who will he defend against? The only person I could see would be a newly-turned-face Sheamus, but it'd be risky giving him a shot so soon after turning, unless the crowd goes batshit-crazy for him as a face right away. That's not something I expect. Zeke's not ready, and is IC champ, Sin Cara's out for now, might not come back, and also isn't ready, and Bryan getting a shot now would be a little strange. Though maybe they could give him a shot to see how the fans respond, like a sort of main-event test run. Actually, that sound pretty good, so I hope that happens. Regardless, we should get a great ending to this feud at Summerslam, with a brutal, back and forth match that should see Christian retain.

I don't think this match will be weapons crazy. Mostly because it doesn't make sense.

The heels generally dictate the match because a match where the babyface beats the shit out of the heel the whole time isn't dramatic. Christian does NOT want this match to go to the floor just because once Orton snaps he's so dangerous. Christian is gonna want to get an advantage early and keep it in the ring where if Orton snaps he doesn't have anything he can use.

If I were to structure the match, Christian attacks Orton from behind with a chair to start the match and rolls him in and dominates him. Orton gets some hope spots but Christian always cuts him off with what would normally be illegal moves. Eventually Orton fires up and throws Christian to the outside and dominates him brutally. Before Orton can RKO Christian through the table someone (Mark Henry was a good suggestion) comes out and World's Strongest Slams him through the announce table. Christian looks perplexed but pins Orton. Mark Henry then dominates Christian, maybe putting him through the other announce table or something equally brutal like a WSS on the stairs (wide bottom stairs so Christian doesn't die).

On Smackdown we find out it wasn't a Christian plot but Henry, knowing no one wants to fight him, forcing himself into the title picture. Maybe a fourway Sheamus vs Henry vs Orton vs Christian at NOC. I kinda want Henry to stick in the title picture through HIAC just because I want to see him pick someone up and run them through the side of the cage or some other equally crazy shit. I think "Crazy snapped" Orton in HIAC sounds awesome too. In fact, I'd book Orton vs Henry for the title in HIAC. I know I know Christian is everyone's favorite on here. However, as Smackdown's biggest babyface I think a match with him vs Henry in the cell would REALLY get the people behind him. They've done a great job at building Henry as this unstoppable monster and it'd be in the cell. Has that classic "how can the good guy overcome THIS" feel to it.

they probably won't do what I said, because since I came up with it probably means it's not all that extraordinary of an idea, but I'm excited about all the options they have with this.

Christian is the main reason I'm watching Smackdown at the moment and seeing him with the title just brings a smile to my face. I think he's doing a fantastic job in the role as the cowardly but smart and conniving heel and is making the title picture fresh and interesting. Orton has also been doing well as the psycho and I like him chasing the title much more than holding it.

As much as I would go nuts and absolutely love for Christian to win, I just have a feeling that Orton will prevail which would be slightly disappointing for me. I'm not ruling anything out though as the WWE has been good at not being too predictable for the last month and a bit so I have some faith in them and hope they keep it up.

Either way it should be a great match as both guys have great chemistry and the gimmick is a perfect way to finish the feud. Christian win or loose has now cemented himself as a legit main eventer and I hope he has a few more title reigns in the future.

I think that Orton will win, because he is Orton, and he will walk away with the title after beating christian very badly. Orton will then punt him in the head, sending him away for at most, 2 months. Ortobn will then get to have new fueds with new guys such as....idk, SHEAMUS!! So thats what I think should happen with the world title match at SS. Buy the way, I will be attending the Night of Champions event in September, so could someone please make a forum about that. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back