• Bret Hart

• Cena

• None

• Someone from outside the match

Results are only viewable after voting.

brainsuks1234

The Corre
15093386.jpg

The intense rivalry between The Nexus and the Raw locker room has gotten increasingly heated this summer. It only makes sense, then, that an assemblage of Raw’s most battle-hardened warriors will put aside their differences when they face off against the vicious season one NXT Rookies in a 7-on-7 Tag Team Match at SummerSlam, summer’s hottest event.

Not only will Edge, Chris Jericho, R-Truth, John Morrison and The Great Khali join John Cena to quell this growing threat to Raw, but former Raw General Manager and WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hit Man” Hart will stand alongside the seven-time WWE Champion in this momentous bout that is sure to shake the WWE Universe to its core.

When they made their explosive debut on Raw, The Nexus targeted then-WWE Champion Cena to send a clear message to the WWE Universe: NXT’s first graduating class is a force to be reckoned with. The group – led by NXT season one winner Wade Barrett – soon widened their scope of savagery to include the entire Raw roster because, as Barrett proclaimed, “If you’re not Nexus, you’re against us.”

Not content with roughing up Superstars, The Nexus turned their aggression on Raw’s former GM Bret Hart, viciously assaulting the Hall of Famer in a parking lot demanding and that he grant them WWE contracts. With The “Hit Man” out of the equation, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon – in a move that he thought would sate the group’s thirst for destruction – replaced Hart with an anonymous new GM, who immediately hired The Nexus to Raw. Big mistake.

In a blatant display of disrespect, The Nexus brutalized Mr. McMahon later that night, going on to send shockwaves throughout the WWE Universe when they decimated WWE Legends such as Arn Anderson, Jerry “The King” Lawler and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, showing that there are no lines the furious upstarts won’t cross.

Just one night after costing Cena the WWE Championship at Money in the Bank, The Nexus boldly declared that they’d end their invasion of Raw if Cena joined their ranks. But the seven-time WWE Champion had a bombshell of his own to drop: He’s been forming a team to challenge the rebel faction at SummerSlam – a squad determined to make sure The Nexus will not go down in history, but rather ensure that the arm-banded warriors simply are history.

Can Cena’s team topple The Nexus once and for all? Or will the rebellious NXT season one Rookies continue to tighten their vice-like grip on Monday Night Raw? Find out by tuning in to SummerSlam on Aug. 15, only on pay-per-view.

With what I just saw on raw with Bret Hart killed my excitement for Summerslam. Cena's team was perfect and when they called in for the last superstar too enter I thought it would be someone from this Decade that people enjoy watching and Bret Harts music plays...That entirley killed everything that Wwe had builded up for the next ppv.
Anyone Agree that wwe has just made a horrible choice with Bret Hart ?

With what I just saw on raw with Bret Hart killed my excitement for Summerslam. Cena's team was perfect and when they called in for the last superstar too enter I thought it would be someone from this Decade that people enjoy watching and Bret Harts music plays...That entirley killed everything that Wwe had builded up for the next ppv.

I agree...

What I was expecting was for HHH's music to hit. HHH could have remained on the team, then turned on them at Summerslam, costing them the win and aligning himself with Nexus.

Bret Hart...why??

As you all know, Cena has formed a team to beat Nexus at SS. While I was watching Raw 2nite, I was thinking of alot of things what Cena might do. First he said, "If you can't beat'em...." I thought he was gonna join Nexus. He took Darren Young's arm band yesterday at MITB, so I thought that's it, a possible "heel" turn or that when he joins, Triple H might come out and be the savior. Now while they were annoucning the team, I was just praying that HHH was gonna come out. And in the past WZ news, I've been reading that HHH was gonna turn heel soon or that he was the leader of NXT. I was thinking, join the Cena Team for SS and then HHH will take out all of them with Nexus and have his Heel Turn.

Well now that this idea is in the gutter, what do you guys think? And having Bret Hart come back, great, but him wrestling? I better hope he actually wrestles and dons the pink and black. I really wanna see him do that.
:wtf:

As you all know, Cena has formed a team to beat Nexus at SS. While I was watching Raw 2nite, I was thinking of alot of things what Cena might do. First he said, "If you can't beat'em...." I thought he was gonna join Nexus. He took Darren Young's arm band yesterday at MITB, so I thought that's it, a possible "heel" turn or that when he joins, Triple H might come out and be the savior. Now while they were annoucning the team, I was just praying that HHH was gonna come out. And in the past WZ news, I've been reading that HHH was gonna turn heel soon or that he was the leader of NXT. I was thinking, join the Cena Team for SS and then HHH will take out all of them with Nexus and have his Heel Turn.

Well now that this idea is in the gutter, what do you guys think? And having Bret Hart come back, great, but him wrestling? I better hope he actually wrestles and dons the pink and black. I really wanna see him do that.
:wtf:

Perhaps Bret Hart will turn out to be the evil mastermind behind the Nexus and turn on his team, who knows? As they assaulted Vince, Bret certainly has a definite motive and it would all be very credible. I hoped it'd be HHH too, but that idea has gone to s**t now.

It would have been a great and surprising time to redebut Bryan Danielson as part of the team. Seriously this team is so ass backwards, a retired wrestler that is 10-15 years past his prime, 2 midcarders, one of which has Shelton Syndrome and a shitty finisher, and a BFG that was supposed to be taking time off to go back to India earlier in the year. The only members that are any good are Edge, Jericho, and Cena. If the creative team has any idea what they're doing they'll let Nexus pick up the win and destroy Cena in the process. Hopefully they don't fuck everything up as they've been known to do in the past with Cena related feuds. :banghead:

I wouldn't say it's a horrible choice, just there's not much else. They can't take away from the entire RAW roster for what will likely be one match at Summerslam. Bret works for a match like this because he's going to see very little ring time.

Do I think there were better options? Absolutely. But I think they'll build it right and hopefully the match is elimination style, and Bret's only in ring time is to make someone tap from the Sharpshooter before getting eliminated or tagging out.

I'd have personally liked to see Cena go cross brands and get CM Punk, since Punk was one of the first victims of Nexus along with Cena. Or even reach for the Big Show to make the team even stronger. But I can't completely complain about them choosing Bret over other people. They do have more matches to fill up.

Really guys? Why Bret Hart? I think it's pretty obvious why. The Nexus took Bret Hart out. He's got a score to settle. It makes perfect sense. If anything, this strengthens the storyline. Sure, it could have been Triple H, but what does Triple H have against the Nexus? They never attacked Triple H. I was secretly hoping for Daniel Bryan, at least he would somehow make sense since he got kayfabe "kicked out". But Bret Hart is an excellent choice. And the fact that he can't really go in the ring like he used to will be sufficiently covered by his 6 teammates. Or his 5 teammates (maybe not Khali). All he really needs to do is lock in the Sharpshooter. Game over. I see no problem with this decision.

It would have been a great and surprising time to redebut Bryan Danielson as part of the team. Seriously this team is so ass backwards, a retired wrestler that is 10-15 years past his prime, 2 midcarders, one of which has Shelton Syndrome and a shitty finisher, and a BFG that was supposed to be taking time off to go back to India earlier in the year. The only members that are any good are Edge, Jericho, and Cena. If the creative team has any idea what they're doing they'll let Nexus pick up the win and destroy Cena in the process. Hopefully they don't fuck everything up as they've been known to do in the past with Cena related feuds. :banghead:

Hate to say it, but I hope Nexus destroys them all. In fact, Nexus *has* to win, or bye bye goes their credibility, losing to just 3 main eventers, 1 mid carder, 1 7ft tall jobber and 1 retiree.

It sucks to here Triple H's name not heard. But from what I have heard (being the wrestling watching junkee that I am) he is not "Ready" to come back as he is sticking with his family. If Hunter decided to come back for Summer Slam It would have been his name not announced (to add effect) and Brett Hart would not be involved with the match. So it does suck to see Hunter out but I believe he will be ready after Summer Slam or maybe be ready at summer slam

Nothing wrong with Bret. He has a score to settle. With six other guys on the team he'll probably be in the ring for a minute or two. Cena's team shouldn't be full of main event guys if it's 7 on 7. Keep in mind the opponents have zero credibility. I would have rather seen Triple H return and he and Cena could team with Edge and Jericho in a handicapped match. Nexus has no experience so four hall of famers against seven rookies isn't too absurd.

Really guys? Why Bret Hart? I think it's pretty obvious why. The Nexus took Bret Hart out. He's got a score to settle. It makes perfect sense. If anything, this strengthens the storyline. Sure, it could have been Triple H, but what does Triple H have against the Nexus? They never attacked Triple H. I was secretly hoping for Daniel Bryan, at least he would somehow make sense since he got kayfabe "kicked out". But Bret Hart is an excellent choice. And the fact that he can't really go in the ring like he used to will be sufficiently covered by his 6 teammates. Or his 5 teammates (maybe not Khali). All he really needs to do is lock in the Sharpshooter. Game over. I see no problem with this decision.

Why not Triple H? He could have been brought into this to do exactly what he should do, i.e. screw over his team and help Nexus. Don't get me wrong...this will make for some interesting television, but I hope (for the Nexus sake) that Nexus squash these guys at Summerslam, with or without Triple H's help. Having them lose would be a nail in the coffin for a storyline that has the potential to carry on for well over a year, if played right.

Then again, it seems to me that only WCW have ever really been successful in creating a truly dominant, unstoppable stable that truly "wrecks shit" (the old nWo). WWE could learn a lot from those days, especially if they want to make Nexus one of the most powerful groups in wrestling history.

Hate to say it, but I hope Nexus destroys them all. In fact, Nexus *has* to win, or bye bye goes their credibility, losing to just 3 main eventers, 1 mid carder, 1 7ft tall jobber and 1 retiree.

At the very least they could have gotten more credible mid carders instead of R-Truth, who is already feuding with Miz, and Morrison, whose already feuding with DiBiase. Those spots could have easily gone to someone like Evan Bourne that currently has no feuds or some people from Smackdown like Big Show, Christian, or Matt Hardy that don't seem to have feuds at the moment. Hopefully Cena's job squad won't disappoint us completely

I like how instead of getting retribution on Miz for making him lose his chance to become the WWE champion, R Truth instead goes on a team where he has no real reason to be on.

Awesome.

Either way, I guess this could be a fun little match, albeit a clusterfuck. Bret Hart being involved means it could be fairly short, and it could definitely go either way. Good choice for people on Cenas team who couldn't be on the card in any other way.

At the very least they could have gotten more credible mid carders instead of R-Truth, who is already feuding with Miz, and Morrison, whose already feuding with DiBiase. Those spots could have easily gone to someone like Evan Bourne that currently has no feuds or some people from Smackdown like Big Show, Christian, or Matt Hardy that don't seem to have feuds at the moment. Hopefully Cena's job squad won't disappoint us completely

I think they're trying to keep Nexus 'Raw-only' right now. Of course, this may change if Nexus turn out to be behind whatever happened to The Undertaker. Aside from Jericho and Edge, I think the rest are bad choices. Like you, I would have picked Bourne and perhaps the Hart Dynasty, since it'd make sense as Cena also picked Bret Hart himself.

What I was hoping for as far as match on the SummerSlam card was a simple Wade Barrett vs. John Cena match, but I guess they want the whole faction involved in this one to test the waters of each member and how they will showcase themselves on a huge stage like SummerSlam. So I guess having the entire faction involved in a major pay-per-view match isn't a bad thing at all.

Some issues I have with Cena's team are the fact The Great Khali and Bret Hart will be on the WWE resistance. Now Hart I can at least understand as he was a victim of The Nexus as they attacked him and smashed him around in a limousine. However I am not very happy that they're making him compete. As a multi-stroke victim Hart is just not fit for in ring competition anymore, but he may just stand there and look pretty. Khali is the biggest issue I have with this match. The guy is a comedy act and just plain sucks when it comes to competing in the ring. They couldn't have gotten a midcarder who can go in the ring like Evan Bourne or something instead? Well the Nexus have David Otunga so I guess Khali is his equal.

The only reason I see Bret Hart on this team is because Triple H wasn't able to return for SummerSlam like originally planned. I believe that if The Game was cleared to compete and didn't need to take the surgery he did, I bet he would have been revealed as the surprising final teammate to the WWE's resistance but he's going to be on the shelf for a while, so I guess Bret Hart was the best logical choice due to the circumstances.

I like how instead of getting retribution on Miz for making him lose his chance to become the WWE champion, R Truth instead goes on a team where he has no real reason to be on.

Awesome.

Either way, I guess this could be a fun little match, albeit a clusterfuck. Bret Hart being involved means it could be fairly short, and it could definitely go either way. Good choice for people on Cenas team who couldn't be on the card in any other way.

Thats the problem though they should be using credible stars to show that nexus really is a threat to every single wrestler in the WWE instead of a group that is half main event and half jobber, think how seriously the fans would have taken the invasion angle at first if they had put guys like funaki on the WWE's team to face the Alliance? That angle might have been a bad choice since it is generally felt to be a flop but it would have been worse if they didn't make the crowd believe that they thought that the Alliance could be beaten by jobbers.

That ending to Raw was epic, and i actually think Bret is just there for Cena's heel turn. We all know Brett cant wrestle, im assuming at summerslam Cena and Bret will be the last 2 remaining and Cena will turn on Brett.

I cant belueve what I just saw tonight. The Great kahli is on the Cenas team? How stupid and ridiculous. One week hes making out with Mrs. Brady and the next hes fighting the Nexus, who he has no history with? Right when I think WWE is calling all the right shots, they do this. How bout the Miz on the team? Zach Ryder? Evan Bourne for goodness sakes!!!! What a stupid stupid stupid move by WWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not perfect, but this match could be fucking epic. But if this is going to work, it needs to be done elimination style. That would up the drama so much to see guys getting picked off, as well as make the match longer; something needed in a match of this magnitude. My only question is...

WHY THE HELL IS KHALI IN THIS MATCH?

Why not Bourne? He's help fight the Nexus several times and has been assaulted by them as well. Oh, you say they might save him for a US title match against The Miz? Okay, fair enough, but I ask you this:

Why not Mark Henry? Like Bourne, he's helped fight off Nexus and was beaten by Wade Barrett tonight. He has the perfect motivation to want revenge, not to mention he's a much better big guy than Khali. Hell, even Yoshi Tatsu would've been better since he got his ass kicked by Nexus too.

For those asking how Bret is going to be able to work this, remember he's part of an 7-man team that can easily cover for him. He really doesn't have to do anything other than a few shots here and there and maybe a Sharpshooter. He'll be just fine.

Not sure who's going to win this. A Nexus win would be nice, but they've been dominating since the start of this whole angle. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they were to lose such a big match. How would they react? And will the GM involve himself in this match at all? Regardless of what happens, I cannot wait for this.

I believe that if HHH were healthy, it would've been him. But, he had surgery recently & is not able to perform. Maybe he could still show up @ SummerSlam, although I'm not sure how realistic that is. Even though I know HHH is hurt, I too was expecting his music. If you don't have HHH, who else is there? Danielson would've been cool, but maybe the WWE won't bring him back. Hart has motivation, the Nexus did take him out after all. I bet Hart barely even wrestles in the match, maybe just a minute or 2 near the end. As I said, maybe HHH still plays a role, kind of like the Hogan 3rd man incident. But the WWE didn't have many options, and Hart was definitely a surprise.

Nexus attacked Brett so he does have reason for being in the match. Its 7 on 7 I doubt he will be very involved during most of the match.

I am fine with the choices for Cena's team. They got pretty much the biggest names on the raw roster outside of Orton. The only surprise was that they took The Great Khalil which was kind of random. I dont think he has been attacked by Nexus. They could of took Evan Bourne who they have pushing lately and was attacked by Nexus.

Yeah I was definitely hoping for a Triple H return that would of been pretty sweet if he would of turned against Cena's team at Summerslam and revealed himself as the leader of The Nexus on the following raw. Now but back to reality I don't have a problem with Bret Hart in the match he's just in their to apply a sharpshooter on someone maybe take a 30 second beating as well. Now I have a problem with The Great Khali in the match. The guy is a fucking walking wrestling catastrophe who I believe should be replaced by Evan Bourne.

Great. Another thread for a bunch of new-school fans to hate on Bret Hart...just great.

This match should be the height of the NEXUS storyline. I can see them staying together afterward, but not controlling the show. This match will basically be a 6-on-7 match. Bret will not really wrestle, might slap on the Sharpshooter, but won't take up much ring time.

I do agree that Bourne should have been apart of this team instead of The Great Khali. But who knows, maybe they have bigger plans for Bourne.

I like it. Bret has a score to settle, so it's really not a big deal. Some people are bitching because "dey don't like dem old dudes." Plain and simple.

All i'm saying is that maybe Cena will turn on his team and join the Nexus, but then we'll see the return of Bryan Danielson to join them. The fued will eventually lead to a rematch between the teams at Survivor Series, which should end with Danielson vs Cena and Barrett, but then Cena turns on Barrett, gives him an AA, and properly end the fued with Nexus...not. IMO it should keep going, then end it maybe at WM.

But to stay on topic, I think Cena has a pretty good team, but Nexus needs to win to keep it's credibility, wether it's with someone helping them or not.

Ten bucks says I get ragged on for this, but I smell traitor in the ranks of team WWE. That traitor wears orange, that traitor preaches about never giving up, that traitor is all about respect, that traitor is adored by millions of milk sippin toddlers, that traitor is... John Cena. I just get the weird feeling that he's gonna betray the WWE. With the Miz as the MITB holder, and his near face turn tonight {Way to fuckin go R-Truth!} plus a recent Wrestlezone article mentioning Miz's standing in Vince's eyes, this could very well lead to a double turn. Cena = Heel, Miz = Face, and I'll end how I started, ten bucks says I get flamed or bad rep for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back