Night of Champions - World Tag Team Championships - Air Boom (c) vs. Awesome Truth

This is the return of WTM

Dark Match Winner
20110905_noc_tagteams.jpg

After winning the WWE Tag Team Championships, high-flyers Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne vowed to take the tag team division to new heights. However, the Superstars collectively known as “Air Boom” will face a fairly steep challenge at Night of Champions. There, the conspiracy-obsessed alliance of The Miz & R-Truth will vie for Kingston & Bourne’s illustrious titles.

It’s easy to imagine such like-minded ring warriors as Kingston & Bourne finding common ground, but few could have expected The Awesome One to get on the same page as someone like Truth – a Superstar that has been utterly consumed by his belief in a vast conspiracy keeping him from reaching his full potential. Frustrated that he is no longer in the spotlight just months after a successful WWE Championship defense at WrestleMania XXVII, The Miz eventually found credence in Truth’s often baffling rants. Perhaps there is a conspiracy afoot in WWE, and the most “must-see” WWE Champion in history could be another victim.

Kingston & Bourne asked the WWE Universe to sound off on Twitter and help them choose an exciting new moniker for their team just moments after their monumental WWE Tag Team Title victory over the menacing tandem of Michael McGillicutty & David Otunga. The response on Twitter was overwhelming, but the newly crowned titleholders ultimately settled on “Air Boom,” a name that encapsulates Bourne’s aerial ability and Kingston’s propensity for dropping the “boom” on his opponents – a potential fate for The Miz & R-Truth at Night of Champions. (READ MORE)

“Air Boom” embraces its natural ability to connect with WWE Universe members all around the world, but The Miz & R-Truth’s relationships with WWE fans are strained at best. Irate that they did not have a match scheduled for Night of Champions, the outspoken duo issued a brash challenge to the WWE Tag Team Champions, affirming that “Air” Bourne and The Dreadlocked Dynamo would “get got” on the most prestigious night of the year in Buffalo, New York. (WATCH)

Will The Miz & R-Truth deflate “Air Boom?” Or will Kingston & Bourne silence the vocal conspiracy theorists? To find out, tune in to Night of Champions, Sept. 18, only on pay-per-view.

Well the match is set and now the topic is go.

Personally, I really felt that this match should have been announced last week with Miz and Truth jumping Air Boom after their Match with Otungutty.

Anyway, keep all discussion in here.

Miz & Truth are extremely entertaining. Usually I hate mix match of singles stars but I think they work really well together. I say they should get a run with the tag team titles.

I like Air Boom but they really aren't all that exciting on the microphone.

i definitely saw this coming when Miz and R-Truth cut their first promo together, i'm very excited for this match and i hope they take the gold at NOC, they will definitely help revive the tag division

This one promises to be one of the best tag-team matches we've seen in recent WWE. Both teams are made of excellent performers, but it is rather a match up of artfulness in words vs. artfulness in the ring. While Awesome Truth does score over Air Boom on the mic, Air Boom has the edge when it comes to in ring performance (at least in my opinion.)

On the one hand, I'd rather not see Air Boom lose the titles so soon after they've gained them. I think they should have a successful defense at NOC, but after a good solid match with plenty of spots for all four performers. I think these four could really steal the show with this match.

On the other hand, I do think that Awesome Truth should have their turn eventually, but only after an extended feud with Air Boom. I say if they're going to revitalize the tag-team division, then they need to give the champions and their chief challengers (at this point Awesome Truth) some time to develop the back and forth both on the mic and in the ring. After all, Awesome Truth has only just turned their attention to Air Boom. Previously they've been occupied with CM Punk. I say give this feud a chance to get good and personal before the title changes hands.

That being said, I do think it should change hands eventually and Air Boom should drop them to Awesome Truth next...just not yet.

Perhaps the best way to handle it would be for the match to end in a disqualification with Air Boom retaining, but Awesome Truth still coming off looking strong.

This has the potential to be a fun match to watch especially considering the fact that it's pretty hard to predict a winner in this one. A good case can be made for either team to win, but I got to go with Bourne/Kofi. I think the belts do more for Airboom than they would for Miz/Truth. Miz and The Truth have been entertaining in recent weeks and don't need the belts to put them over as a team. Their promos together do that for them.

I got Airboom getting the victory after a slight miscommunication between the Miz and Truth. This won't mean a full fledge break up for the heel team but will give them some fodder for future promos. Not like this is a bold prediction, but the break up is coming sooner than later though. The Truth is way too goofy to be a heel for an extended period.

Another reason I got Airboom winning is because they will make perfect victims for the Kings of Wrestling when they debut. I feel that the Kings of Wrestling will become the tag champs shortly after they debut and having them beat mega babyfaces Kingston and Bourne should help the KoW get over as heels right off the bat. The Kings will get cheers from indy fans for sure, but I think the majority of the WWE Universe will find this team easy to hate. Also, much like the tag title match scheduled at Night of Champions, a potential match between Airboom and the Kings of Wrestling will be very fun to watch. I know the Kings can work with Bourne, and I'm sure Kofi would work well with them too.

WWE is doing this beautifully. The tag division thing I mean (and the feud).

You COULD have put the belt on the Usos, but they're already a team, you know they're a team. So you create a new team with bourne and kofi, not only that, but they gain instant notice becoming the tag champs and celebrating like it's a big deal.

Then you create a team out of 2 fairly big singles stars. This brings more interest to the division like "wow, even these guys want a shot".

As for NOC. I'm loving it. I don't expect a crazy feud. Probably Kofi vs Miz and then Bourne vs Truth. Maybe a beatdown before the PPV. I think Truth/Miz will cut an amazing promo on them because Bourne looks like a little kid and Kofi is happy like one.

The match itself will be pretty good too. All guys have personality an distinct styles. Bourne/Kofi is a textbook babyface team. Either guy makes a great face-in-peril and either guy makes a great hot tag because of their high flying offense. It's exciting to watch. Plus you have 2 of the top 5 heels in the game on the other side.

should be a pretty good match as all 4 are good in the ring unless im wrong this will be the first time ever miz and truth will be teaming up in a normal tag team match (not counting house shows) so should be good to see how they do as a team here id like to see Air Boom retain here as the awesome truth is still a new team and giving them the titles already would be pretty dumb imo

This is gonna be a great match. I am a fan of The Miz, I recently became a fan of R-Truth and im a fan of Kofi Kingston however not a fan of Bourne.
The match will help the tag team division because the promos from Awesome Truth will be great and the match will be good because all 4 guys can work.

While I do like what Awesome Truth (is that actually the name?) are doing on the mic, at the moment they don't have a team feel to them. They're two guys working together against a conspiracy but they haven't shown much, if any, teamwork.

Their failed jumping of CM Punk wouldn't have been a failure if they were a proper team. Atm Air Boom is consistently going out and showing good teamwork. They have similar arsenals and are combining them in order to win matches and not only that, they're also using their heads when it comes to getting wins. They were clearly overpowered by Khali and Mahal but used their speed to their advantage and it worked.

I think what the WWE is doing atm is great for the Tag Team division as it's really getting a boost thanks to Air Boom. Two exciting, young talents with the crowd behind them are making the WWE crowd care about the Tag Titles once more. Putting the titles on Awesome Truth is too premature because a) they have shown the team work like Air Boom and b) their biggest focus atm is the conspiracy against them - how does that involve the Tag Titles?

This has the potential to be a good match and it certainly seems like it could be the best match of the night given the state of the current NOC. Orton/Henry, Cena/Del Rio, Kelly Kelly/Beth. Nothing really inspiring there. This should be up alongside Punk/HHH as best match of the night.

Jesus tapdancing.....

Star power? Tag title match? PPV? Am I fucking drunk? On drugs? Surely I am not seeing what I think i am seeing....

Well...Uhm, cool, really. All guys who styles will mesh magnificently together, hopefully given time, and raising the profile of the tag titles. I really dig it.

I have high hopes for this match, As others have said its mic skills vs. ring skills but never the less this feud might be the spark the tag team division needs and get it back to what it once was.

hopefully Airboom retains but the Awesome truth NEEDS to come out looking strong and with the athletes involved it shouldn't be hard. kofi and bourne can wrestle singles or tag matches very well and no one can say the miz is a stranger to the tag division and truth should be able to hold his own just fine.

I predict a DQ finish or a long fought retain for air boom but this should shape up to be an excellent match.

I'm looking forward to this Match. It's the first time in a long time that a Tag Title Match has "Star Power", without it being thrown together on the night on an episode of Raw.

We've just seen Air Boom (Worst.Name.Ever) go over Jinder Mahal & Khali, but really, it wasn't a great match. However, we've seen Punk beat Truth & the Miz look a bit humiliated, mainly because of his disgusting suit. However, come Night of Champions, this is going to be one very close match, that's for sure. It's going to be the best Tag Match in a long time, but I really do NOT want Air Boom to win it.

I think, what with the "conspiracy", that Miz & R-Truth will win the Belts. It'll finally give them some more credibility with what they're fighting at, meaning they can look better with it. However, we know that A.B will not go down without a fight, so it'll be going to the bitter end.

However, Awesome Truth to win please.

Usually we see the WWE show some interest in the tag titles around this time, as they HAVE to put it on the card. However this time it feels time. We've established that Air Boom seems to be a legit team and arguably the most entertaining and fun tag team we've seen in a good long time. And then we have our challengers, who in their own right are purely entertaining. Miz and Truth have worked so well together and their unique way of working the stick makes them that much more entertaining. This match should be a fun little number and hopefully this means the E is going to keep focus on the titles now that Air Boom has them and it isn't just because Night of Champions is around the corner.

I hope WWE runs this for awhile, Awesome Truth is gonna be a lot of fun if they keep it up. The two styles contrast, yet fit so well. They almost seem like they are joking around, when you couple that with them being aggressive and beating people down, you have an awesome team (pun).

Putting this team in a feud with AirBoom (dumb name, I pref Altitude Era) should be a lot of fun. Awesome Truth on the Mic and Airboom in the ring. I hope they give the first one to AirBoom by a hair and then have Awesome Truth go full beatdown after the match.

Overall, I see nothing but good coming from this, as long as it isn't rushed.

Looking forward to this one. THIS is how we get tag-teaming back. It's not about booking, or air time, or any other really pretentiously smarky nonsense, it's about putting the strap on wrestlers the viewers actually know, and have the challengers be wrestlers the viewers actually know and not centre the division around jobbers. It certainly helps when you have former world champions in the picture. See, Big Show and Jericho proved all this and WWE then ignored it again for two years.

That said, I think The Usos have a lot of potential in being future challengers, they are cool, popular, exciting and have personality like their old man.

I could see this program going on a while so I won't say Miz/Truth win just yet, but they very well could do further down the line. Should be an exciting match, all four guys are over and I like the match style of Kofi and Bourne. They have a great team dynamic what with the whole Trouble-In-Paradise-sets-up-Air-Bourne finish.

This is gonna be a great match. I am a fan of The Miz, I recently became a fan of R-Truth and im a fan of Kofi Kingston however not a fan of Bourne.
The match will help the tag team division because the promos from Awesome Truth will be great and the match will be good because all 4 guys can work.

I like Evan Bourne more than Kofi Kingston, he's been wrestling for 11 years, Kofi's only been doing this five. Kofi does have more charisma though, he's taller more believeable but he botches a lot, he nearly killed Miz at Summerslam with the standing double foot stomp when Evan Bourne has done it perfectly to Sin Cara and Primo{ ironically he used to botch it on the indies.} I think Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston are a good team, they've tag teamed together on different occasions for 3 years. I also like Evan Bourne's style a lot more because he mixes technical and cruiserweight stuff together where Kofi he uses a majority on Prince Devitt's arsenal but I respect your opinions.

I agree that Miz/Truth will win the titles, but, I just hope that it doesnt happen at NOC, because, much like everyone else, I think this should be a multiple PPV feud.

Maybe have Kofi/Evan win at NOC, then, have Miz/Truth win at whatever the next PPV is, that way Kofi/Evan have a little reign, and not one that last like 3-4 weeks.

Either way, whoever ends up with the belts after this feud is over, I would like to see them lose to either the Uso's or Claudio Castagnoli/Chris Hero(if they are really coming to WWE, which i hope), maybe even have all four teams in a TLC match, havent had one of those as a tag team match(which is what it originally was)

I like Evan Bourne more than Kofi Kingston, he's been wrestling for 11 years, Kofi's only been doing this five. Kofi does have more charisma though, he's taller more believeable but he botches a lot, he nearly killed Miz at Summerslam with the standing double foot stomp when Evan Bourne has done it perfectly to Sin Cara and Primo{ ironically he used to botch it on the indies.} I think Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston are a good team, they've tag teamed together on different occasions for 3 years. I also like Evan Bourne's style a lot more because he mixes technical and cruiserweight stuff together where Kofi he uses a majority on Prince Devitt's arsenal but I respect your opinions.

Hold on, so you're saying you like someone more because they have wrestled longer? Who fucking cares? Tons of fans love Punk more than Hogan. Hogan obviously has been doing this for much longer than Punk. Respect your comments though and I also prefer Bourne. Whilst I'll say this, Bourne seems like more of a Tag Team performer and Kofi seems like a singles guy.

As for the match, Great choice of tag team tandems to help the Tag Division re-vive itself. Star Power is an understatement to describe AwesomeTruth. And the thing i love is we know that after this a whole host of tag teams are coming, Kings of Wrestling from ROH and maybe even Beer Money. Woo, things are looking good for the tag division. Its more interesting than the WHC title scene in my opinion.

For the first Time in a long time I'm incredibly stoked to see a tag team title match, especially on a PPV. Awesome Truth (which I hope to God is going to be their official tag name) is good for the division you need guys with star power to at least bring some type cool to it. Air Boom has the wild high flyer energy and Truth and Miz just mix well together, with similar yet different styles. Happy about it.

Hear me out. Please.

You might think that putting the least prestigious Titles on two Main Eventers would be a waste of time, but it isn't. For ages now, I've been reading comments from all you, including myself, where we've complained about how they have mistreated the Tag Titles. They threw them around like they were anything. They were won by the worst, strangest, makeshifts teams. Rhodes/McIntyre, Cena/Otunga, Cena/Miz (That WAS pointless & the shortest Tag Reign EVER). There, I've said it. I never really liked these teams, because they were thrown together & stupid. Look where McIntyre is now, what did it ever really do for Cena apart from give him a Title? The only person it really helped there, was David Otunga. The Miz had been Tag Champ before in a better team, with John Morrison.

When David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty won the Tag Titles, they'd been the longest reigning Champs, of 91 Days, since the Hart Dynasty approximately 7 months before them. In that 7 months, there had been another 8 reigns, ranging from 0-76 days reigns. I actually thought once McTungaCutty won them, they were finally bringing prestige back to them, I was half right. They held them for a Quarter of a Year, which is pretty decent in my eyes. They were then defeated by "Air Boom", the team of Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne. I had faith in Kingston, even though I'm not a fan of him, but simply because he's held Titles in the WWE before. 3x IC Champ, 2x US Champ & now 2x Tag Champ, once with Punk, now with Bourne. However, Bourne had never held a WWE Title before and to me, he was merely known as a jobber who had a bit of luck every now & then, facing guys such as Chris Jericho.

However, since gaining the Titles, they've faced McTungaCutty in a Title Rematch, which they won, in a good fight. Then on Raw, two nights ago, they defeated the Team of Jinder Mahal & The Great Khali, which is bragging rights for any Tag Team, if you can win with a Monster on the opposition. Even if the chemistry between Mahal & Khali wasn't there, it's still good news for these two guys. They've been holding the Belts for 16 Days, but here's where I still have problems. The guys have been impressing me, no doubt about it, but are they really the kind of guys to go ahead & make these titles look good? Bourne is just a Jobber, plain & simple & Kofi is only someone who's good at passing a Title over to another person. This is, for me, where "Awesome Truth" come in.

The Miz, former WWE Champion, United States & Tag Champion & R-Truth, former United States Champion are both used to the big picture, the Main Event to be precise. If you really want to make the Tag Titles look good again, surely you give it to these guys? YES! Of course you do. Both of them are gold on the Mic as heel characters, they work well in the Ring & they play off of each other as characters. We get two guys who don't really mind working with Titles that aren't at the top, which is cool, much like the way Jericho would move around the Ranks. Then just think about it, if "Awesome Truth" win the Titles, when they finally pass them on, no matter how long they hold onto them for, they've given them credibility, right? Two of the top stars, who hold onto the Gold for a while, boom!

Say, Hawkins/Reks? They might be a dominant enough team. Who knows who would beat them, but I think they would do a great job of passing/receiving the Torch. We may see the debut of a new team, i.e - Young Bucks or the Kings of Wrestling. It's something, eventually, we would like to see and I think having Titles handed down to you by a Team like this is a good idea.

So, questions;
Do "Awesome Truth" HAVE to win at NOC for full Tag Title Credibilty?
If they don't, what's next for "Air Boom"?
Where do you see the future of the Tag Titles heading?

Answer those, or just take it upon yourself to reply.

Hear me out. Please.

You might think that putting the least prestigious Titles on two Main Eventers would be a waste of time, but it isn't. For ages now, I've been reading comments from all you, including myself, where we've complained about how they have mistreated the Tag Titles. They threw them around like they were anything. They were won by the worst, strangest, makeshifts teams. Rhodes/McIntyre, Cena/Otunga, Cena/Miz (That WAS pointless & the shortest Tag Reign EVER). There, I've said it. I never really liked these teams, because they were thrown together & stupid. Look where McIntyre is now, what did it ever really do for Cena apart from give him a Title? The only person it really helped there, was David Otunga. The Miz had been Tag Champ before in a better team, with John Morrison.

When David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty won the Tag Titles, they'd been the longest reigning Champs, of 91 Days, since the Hart Dynasty approximately 7 months before them. In that 7 months, there had been another 8 reigns, ranging from 0-76 days reigns. I actually thought once McTungaCutty won them, they were finally bringing prestige back to them, I was half right. They held them for a Quarter of a Year, which is pretty decent in my eyes. They were then defeated by "Air Boom", the team of Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne. I had faith in Kingston, even though I'm not a fan of him, but simply because he's held Titles in the WWE before. 3x IC Champ, 2x US Champ & now 2x Tag Champ, once with Punk, now with Bourne. However, Bourne had never held a WWE Title before and to me, he was merely known as a jobber who had a bit of luck every now & then, facing guys such as Chris Jericho.

However, since gaining the Titles, they've faced McTungaCutty in a Title Rematch, which they won, in a good fight. Then on Raw, two nights ago, they defeated the Team of Jinder Mahal & The Great Khali, which is bragging rights for any Tag Team, if you can win with a Monster on the opposition. Even if the chemistry between Mahal & Khali wasn't there, it's still good news for these two guys. They've been holding the Belts for 16 Days, but here's where I still have problems. The guys have been impressing me, no doubt about it, but are they really the kind of guys to go ahead & make these titles look good? Bourne is just a Jobber, plain & simple & Kofi is only someone who's good at passing a Title over to another person. This is, for me, where "Awesome Truth" come in.

The Miz, former WWE Champion, United States & Tag Champion & R-Truth, former United States Champion are both used to the big picture, the Main Event to be precise. If you really want to make the Tag Titles look good again, surely you give it to these guys? YES! Of course you do. Both of them are gold on the Mic as heel characters, they work well in the Ring & they play off of each other as characters. We get two guys who don't really mind working with Titles that aren't at the top, which is cool, much like the way Jericho would move around the Ranks. Then just think about it, if "Awesome Truth" win the Titles, when they finally pass them on, no matter how long they hold onto them for, they've given them credibility, right? Two of the top stars, who hold onto the Gold for a while, boom!

Say, Hawkins/Reks? They might be a dominant enough team. Who knows who would beat them, but I think they would do a great job of passing/receiving the Torch. We may see the debut of a new team, i.e - Young Bucks or the Kings of Wrestling. It's something, eventually, we would like to see and I think having Titles handed down to you by a Team like this is a good idea.

So, questions;
Do "Awesome Truth" HAVE to win at NOC for full Tag Title Credibilty?
If they don't, what's next for "Air Boom"?
Where do you see the future of the Tag Titles heading?

Answer those, or just take it upon yourself to reply.
No, having a TEAM beat two main eventers is the perfect way to build the titles and give them credibility. Tag team wrestling is all about 2 guys being greater than the sum of their parts. Do you think they'd ever book Bourne or Kofi to beat Khali or Jinder in a singles match? Probably not, but as a team, because they're more cohesive, they won. In fact, that's how I'd book it. Miz vs Kofi and Truth vs Bourne, heels win both times and then Kofi and Bourne cut a promo about how they're greater as a team than individuals. Maybe even start a catchphrase along the lines of "united we stand divided we fall" only more pro wrestlingish.

I see the tag titles headed for a bright future with lots of different types of teams providing great entertainment.

I think this match could quite possibly be one of the better tag team championship matches we have seen in very long time. Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne have been doing a great job of bringing prestige back to the Tag Team Titles; and all it took was a little air time. I certainly like the R-Truth/ Miz team as of late. However, I don't really think they care about the tag titles all that much. It seems to me that all they care about is becoming main event players in the WWE once again. If they lose this Sunday, I don't think they'll complain and bitch about losing as much as they would if they were in a WWE or World Championship match. Keep the Miz/Truth thing going but I think their whole intention is becoming something bigger then the tag titles.

Hamler's Prediction - Evan Borune and Kofi Kingston will retain the WWE Tag Team Championships.

I'm thinking a third team could possibly be added to the match and walk away with the titles, as the past two Night of Champions PPVs had some random team coming in out of nowhere and taking the tag titles, which would give Miz and Truth another conspiracy to complain about.

This match could be one of the better ones of the night. I like both teams and am happy no matter who wins. Air Boom could win to extend their time as the top team in the division (or what little is left of it) OR Miz and Truth could win the two gigantic pennies, as I have lately liked to call the WWE Tag Team Championships, to start a JeriShow style run where they show up on both shows to cause chaos for both rosters. I'd rather see the latter happen because it would benefit WWE as a whole better as well as adding a little more prestige to the pennies by having a team with a former world champion in it holding the titles. The match will either open the show or go on towards the end of the card to help revive a tired crowd. I'd say the latter since the giant pennies have been higher up on a few cards in the past year.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The Miz & R-Truth will win the WWE Tag Team Championship.

I'm not a fan of wrestlers randomly getting paired up for tag teams but you have to agree that Truth/Miz are entertaining. With that said, it's too early for Air Boom to lose the tag titles. If Evan loses them tonight then that's definitely a sign that he isn't going anywhere with his career. They need to hold them for at least another month. Otunga/Hennig held them for 3 months and didn't do anything with them. Air Boom has held them for under a month, it's too early for them to lose them. The only problem with them retaining is that a lose against Air Boom will majorly hurt Miz's career because he's supposed to be a main-eventer wwe champion? Yet he's in a random tag team fighting for a tag title. Anyways, I think Air Boom will retain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back