WWE NoC 2010 - The Miz (c) vs Daniel Bryan - US Championship Match

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator

The Miz has always been vocal about his self-proclaimed “awesomeness,” particularly during his reign as United States Champion. However, Mr. Money in the Bank’s former NXT Rookie Daniel Bryan hopes to silence his one-time mentor at Night of Champions, when he challenges The “Awesome One” for the U.S. Title.

Even while paired together as Rookie and Pro on the inaugural season of WWE NXT, Daniel Bryan and The Miz didn’t exactly see eye to eye, with Daniel Bryan preferring to let his in-ring actions – not his words – do the talking as he vied to become WWE’s next breakout star. Week after week, The Miz voiced his dissatisfaction with his Rookie, sentiments echoed by WWE NXT and Raw announcer Michael Cole. It was perhaps that constant, unwarranted criticism that convinced Daniel Bryan to align himself with his fellow Rookies in The Nexus, taking part in the nefarious group’s initial Raw invasion on Viewer’s Choice Night. However, Daniel Bryan was soon ousted from The Nexus due to clashing ideals, leaving WWE in the process. The Miz couldn’t have been happier.

The WWE Universe likely thought they’d seen the last of Daniel Bryan, making his return at SummerSlam as a key member of Team WWE all the more surprising. Daniel Bryan helped Team WWE defeat his former Nexus allies, much to the chagrin of would-be Team WWE member The Miz, whose ego had only grown during Daniel Bryan’s absence. To The Miz, Daniel Bryan had stolen his rightful spot on Team WWE, along with its accompanying accolades.

With his new, like-minded NXT Rookie Alex Riley by his side, The “Awesome One” has tormented his season one Rookie at every turn. However, he’s also more than once found himself on the receiving end of Daniel Bryan’s excruciating submission maneuver, the LeBell Lock.

Can Daniel Bryan humble his former WWE Pro, earning his first WWE championship win in the process? Or will The “Awesome One” have yet another reason to gloat after delivering a Skull (and potentially spirit)-Crushing Finale to his former Rookie? To find out, tune in to Night of Champions, Sept. 19, only on pay-per-view.​

This is the match I have been hoping for. This is the perfect match for all competitors. Bryan has already been getting some good reactions, these two men have a ton of history, and now they finally get to face off in the match that should have happened months ago. I think Bryan's firing and return actually made this match even more anticipated.

It's obvious that I want Bryan to win. This gives him a title, frees Miz to head into the main event, and gives us a US Champion that can actually have a load of feuds and be a fighting champion. Bryan vs. Ryder, Bryan vs. Nexus, Bryan vs. Bourne, Bryan vs. Kaval...the possibilities are endless!

The match itself will probably be pretty darn good. Bryan is silky-smooth in the ring, and Miz is one of the hottest heels in the biz, with ring work that is always improving. This, to me, is a PPV-seller. I can't wait.

Doc, you and me both are more than excited for this match. Its something I've been looking forward to ever since the beginning of NXT Season One. As you said, this is bound to be a great match, both men have spectacular in-ring ability. Also, based on what I saw tonight, the mic work heading into this match is pretty good too. I really hope that Bryan walks away champ. The Miz has held the US title for a bit too long. Losing it would be very good for him. It would allow him to go into the Main Event scene, and allow Bryan to feud with other talented workers. My mouth waters at the thought of a Bryan/Kaval US Title match. I have a feeling this match will steal the show at Night Of Champions.

Doc, you and me both are more than excited for this match. Its something I've been looking forward to ever since the beginning of NXT Season One. As you said, this is bound to be a great match, both men have spectacular in-ring ability. Also, based on what I saw tonight, the mic work heading into this match is pretty good too. I really hope that Bryan walks away champ. The Miz has held the US title for a bit too long. Losing it would be very good for him. It would allow him to go into the Main Event scene, and allow Bryan to feud with other talented workers. My mouth waters at the thought of a Bryan/Kaval US Title match. I have a feeling this match will steal the show at Night Of Champions.

Hang on a second, Stinger, you must be confused. We heard from a very reliable source over the weekend, someone who felt compelled to let us know, that there was no way that the Miz and Daniel Bryan were going to face off against each other at Night of Champions. Of course, we were also told that there's no way that DBD could ever win this match. I guess at the last moment, the WWE will look to the advice of select TNA marks, and pair DBD up with Kaval in a meaningless tag team match up, after all, that's what WWE does :)

All sarcasm aside, I too am very excited for the Miz versus Danielson. I feel strongly that DBD will win the match to become the new United States Champion, and bring some prestige back to the belt as he defends it in a longer title reign against a host of new and exciting young talent. This will free up the Miz to enter the main event, who knows, possibly even later the same evening? Also wouldn't be shocked to see Miz cash in his MITB briefcase, only to have Danielson come out and cost him his title opportunity, making him the first unsuccessful MITB winner.

While I don't REALLY like The Miz, I do like Bryan. I think the match will be something for the ages, and like what was posted above, Bryan with the US title would do wonders for the division. Honestly, I'd be jazzed for a Bryan/MVP feud....but we'd have to see MVP turn first I guess.

These guys are having a pretty good feud going on right now. I don't know how well Miz can deliver in the ring but Bryan will most likely make Miz look great. I without a doubt see Bryan winning this match and capturing The U.S. title because Miz has to lose the title sooner or later and my thought is that he loses it sooner.

I'm Very Excited for this match and think that it could be very good. Hopefully Danielson can win the belt off Miz who has had a lackluster reign up to this point. Danielson gets the win and then I would love to see him move on and have a feud with the Winner of Season 2 of Nxt Kaval.

I'm definitely looking forward this one. I wonder if, after losing to Danielson, Miz comes out, reminding us it's a 6-pack match with 5 men, and cashes in MitB to be the 6th man.

The WWE hates when ppl predict their matches. So i think Bryan will lose at NOC and win on Raw the next day. Anyone else agree with me?

Hell yes, this PPV is shaping up to be awesome (no pun intended). I fully expect this to be a great match, DBD is obviously great in the ring and Miz is very good and is always improving, this match also has a very good storyline behind it. As for the winner I am kind of torn, on the one hand I want Bryan to win because he deserves it and also so Miz can go onto bigger things but on the other hand I would like to see Miz win and prolong this very good fued, I'm gonna say Miz to win here but DBD to win at HIAC. BTW has anyone else noticed there is only 2 weeks between NOC and HIAC, that is fucking pathetic.

Well this is fucking great. I'm a little torn in who I think will walk out with the championship. Mostly because while Bryan kinda have the momentum, as well as the need to go over Miz, The Miz also has momentum, but building in a completely different direction (The main event) and loosing the belt might hurt him.

This match will be good, very good indeed. And I quite honestly don't care who walks out the champion, just because I like these two very much already. I can't wait to see how this feud will be building.

I have to admit though at first, I was confident Miz would've told Bryan no, and that the General Manager would've forced Miz into the competition.

Bryan looked great last night as well, which only shows that he has the potential to win this thing, seeing how easily he got Miz as well as Alex into the position for the crossface (Labelle lock I believe they called it, holy fuck what an awful name).

This should be a great match that has been building for months now. I don't know if Bryan will come out victorious, but if he does I think we can expect the Miz to cash in Money in the Bank that night or in the very near future. The best thing would be for Miz to lose and go to the main event while Bryan flourishes as a mid card fighting champion. The Miz really doesn't need to be US Champion anymore. Bryan needs it more then him. Hopefully Bryan will win it so we can see some competition once again for the US title.

This will be good. I want this feud to continue AFTER NoC too, so why not have Miz retain? Then they can continue their feud for longer.

I won't be watching the PPV, but I can already tell this will be an awesome match.

Props to the promo tonight. Awesome stuff there. Miz is just perfect on the mic. But, did you notice both Miz and Daniel's voices were...breaking? Do they have colds or something? Lol, whatever. Their segment was awesome.

I agree with everyone above that said this should be something to watch come Night of Champions. Honestly, it is perhaps the selling point of the card for some people that have been waiting for DBD to make his (first announced) PPV appearance for the WWE.

Given the amount of time between NOC and Hell in a Cell, I can see this feud somehow continuing with the Miz retaining by DQ or something. Perhaps Alex Riley gets involved and the ref catches him or something along those lines. However, if the WWE want Miz free to cash in later in the night, then DBD will likely pick up the win here and possibly defend the title at Hell in a Cell against Alex Riley. Either way, I'm looking forward to this one.

While I wouldn't be surprised if Byran won the title , I don't think it will happen here. I have a feeling Alex Riley will get involved, and cost Byran his chance at winning the title. I do think Byran will become US champion some where down the line, but I can't see it happening at NOC. This should be a good match. Byran has stayed sharp in the ring, and I'm sure we'll see that devastating submission hold. I hope this match can be given a good amount of time, because watching Byran wrestle can always be a treat.

The segment between the two on RAW this past Monday was just awesome. Miz is magic on the mic and Bryan had me cracking up.
I think it would be great if they were to have a match where the U.S Title is defended in the first fall, then Miz puts up his M.I.T.B.case in the second fall of the match.
I would have Bryan win the U.S. Title in the first fall, this would be great for the title, they could bring some prestige back to the belt having Bryan defending it instead of Miz holding it.
In the second fall, I would have The Miz retain his case. This way he dose not look totally weak, and still puts Bryan over. I think this would bring something different and new to the match.
I feel these two are going to have a really good match, hell I bet it will be match of the night. What way to make it better than having it go for two falls.

Well ever since the events that went down at SummerSlam last month I think we all knew that this was going to be the inevitable US title match for Night of Champions. So now I can say that this actually one of the matches I am looking forward too most, out of the whole card this may be the match I am excited for and intrigued by the most. The reason this match is such a good thing is because this is finally a way to get that United States title off of The Miz and on to someone new who can actually make the belt relevant again. While The Miz goes off on his marry way with the Money in The Bank and steps up the main event level, we can have a face champion who can defend the belt on a regular basis and hold the belt with some kind of pride. Instead of having a champion who gets distracted by something else once he wins the title and never has time for it ever.

I have to say before I talk about the match, I really wish I was watching this match with Doc. I bet it would be an absolutely hilarious experience.

Both Bryan & Miz need Bryan to win. To me, the only thing holding the Miz in the midcard is the United States Championship and the sooner he loses it the better and if it's to Bryan then that'll be fantastic. It fits perfectly. It's the ultimate revenge for Bryan over both Cole & Miz. If Bryan wins, it proves to his naysayers (kayfabe) that he is the real deal, he deserves to be here, he would be a champion in the WWE. It fits perfectly with his storyline.

I predict that we'll see the Miz tapping out to the LeBelle Lock and a NEW United States Champion: Daniel Bryan

Like everyone else, I've been looking forward to this match for quite some time and it should be a really good one. The WWE has been building it really since the first episode of NXT so I'm really hoping that they don't screw it up by booking this as some forgettable 5 minute standard.

I think a few people have correctly pointed out that Bryan might not come out with the title at NOC. I think it's pretty much all but written in the stars at this point that Bryan will be the next United States Champion, but I also think it's important to be prepared if he doesn't get it at NOC just so there won't be this huge letdown. If Bryan does lose, there'll of course be those that will criticize the WWE or will go on some rant that Bryan is going to be buried and won't amount to shit in the WWE and all that other tired crap. Outside of NXT episodes, Bryan has wrestled maybe 3 matches, one of which was in the main event match at SummerSlam, and he's the #1 contender for the United States Championship. He's getting a good response from the crowds, the WWE believes he's got the goods otherwise they wouldn't have overall spent and invested so much time in him.

This is pretty much why I am watching NOC. Personally, I hope that DBD wins via pin in a long bout where Miz just refuses to tap. That way he loses the belt, but did not give DBD what he really wanted. Feud can then be shelved a bit for later.

In order to maintain the element of surprise for when The Miz cashes in the money in the bank, I think this fued will continue past Night of Champions. They will have a great match that will be interfered with by alex riley which will cause a rematch at HIAC and that is where we will see DBD defeat the miz for the title. This will more than likely cause Alex Riley to go after the U.S. title after the miz eventually cashes in the MIB briefcase

^^^^^
Closest to my opinion as well.
Riley will interfere costing DBD the strap, probably as Miz is about to tap. Later in the night Miz will cash in MitB on an exhausted opponent (no idea who it's going to be though) DBD will get his revenge with a run in.
With the short turn around between PPVs they will need to be a few rematches @ HitC and this will be 1 of them where and then DBD will get the strap.

I hope Bryan wins but I don't want to see the Miz in the main event because he is shit. I definitely think Bryan will win as well anyway just so Miz can dump the title for his stupid ME push. I'm hoping he loses to Bryan, goes to cash in on whoever wins the 6-Pack Challenge, and get's his ass beat in by the other 5 and loses.

Well i havnt read all the posts in this thread so i dont know if anyone above me has said this already..but i dont think theres any way bryan wins here.
people are talking about how the miz will lose the US strap only to cash in once the 6 pac is over...i dont see this happening..miz vs bryan is one of the few midcard feuds nowadays in the wwe that actually has a lot of build up to it, even though it may be for the title..this feud has the potential to go a really long way,and in the process developing bryan into a fan favourite wite the non-IWC fans as well...i think bryan needs to be built up a lot more if he is to win the championship..so i think that this feud needs to be given a lot more time, and not have bryan win in his first title match..
making the miz lose the title and cash in at noc or even hiac means this feud is all but over..cuz miz will then be feuding with the guy who he cashes in on..in this scenario you could also have riley vs bryan for the US title..but highly unlikely as riley is nowhere near ready..
so miz wins, feud goes on..and no cash in for at least another month and a half.

This will be one of the high light matches of the PPV, Miz, has momentum, and is continually rising to the top, he improves week after week in the ring and is great on the mic, and his feud with Bryan is a really good one, they've had nice encounters over the weeks as well. As for who will win, i see Daniel Bryan winning the US Title so then The Miz can move on to eventually main eventing soon afterwards.

The US Title match is a potential showstealer and a great opportunity for us to value the US Title again. Daniel Bryan should win this match in my opinion just because Miz doesn't need the title.

This is a hot feud that has carried on for a long time, songs of praise have been sung about both wrestlers many times recently and I believe while The Miz's in-ring skills are overrated, they are decent and Bryan is superb.

These two can bulk up the undercard and set up for a couple awesome main events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back