WWE HIAC 2010 - John Cena vs. Wade Barrett - Nexus Disbands or Cena Joins Them

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator

Over the past several months, the courageous John Cena has led the charge on Raw against The Nexus, but when he collides with Wade Barrett at Hell in a Cell, he just might end the vicious rebels’ reign of terror for good.

If Cena defeats Barrett in this high-stakes encounter, the group must disband. However, if Cena loses, the WWE Universe might be seeing Cena swap his signature purple-and-gold apparel for the ominous yellow-and-black garb of The Nexus when he is forced to join them as their newest member.

Determined to make a statement when they emerged on Monday Night Raw in June, the ravenous season one NXT Rookies set their sights on Cena, the then-WWE Champion. The Nexus cost Cena the title later that month as they widened their destructive scope to include other Raw Superstars, WWE Hall of Famers and even The Chairman, Mr. McMahon.

But Cena was resilient, assembling a squad of Raw Superstars under the “Team WWE” banner to challenge The Nexus at SummerSlam in an epic battle that saw Cena lead his team to victory. Since that crushing defeat, the “seven deadly sinners” have been reduced to five: Darren Young was deemed unworthy and exiled from the group, while powerhouse Skip Sheffield has been sidelined due to injury.

One night after the rogues again cost the Legendary star the WWE Title at Night of Champions, an irate Cena challenged Barrett to a one-on-one contest to settle their score once and for all. Pondering Cena’s words, Barrett suggested that they face one another at Hell in a Cell, proposing that if he wins, Cena – who had previously shot down Barrett's offer to join The Nexus – would be forced to join the group. Cena agreed, offering a counter-stipulation of his own: If the multi-time WWE Champion bests Barrett in Dallas, The Nexus is no more.

Can Cena forever silence The Nexus? Or will he reluctantly join their ranks as they continue to cut a swath of destruction through WWE? To find out, tune in to Hell in a Cell, Oct. 3, only on pay-per-view.​
Interesting. This match could really go either way. I'm hoping Barrett will win, as Nexus needs more momentum and this could open a wave of new storyline possibilities rather than ending a storyline that started out as white-hot and interesting but has since dwindled down. Barrett and Nexus need this match. The whole storyline has been really...disappointing, I suppose, in recent weeks. It was supposed to be great, but man things just keep happening to the poor group.

With Cena joining the ranks, we'll have some renewed interest in Nexus. Cena will be a reluctant, sympathetic face that works with the heels out of necessity, like when Shawn Michaels worked with JBL in that one storyline a few years aback. Randy Orton is the current face of RAW, so I think a Cena loss could really happen. Let's hope.

I think Cena will lose here. This may be the only match on the PPV that is actually warranted for a HIAC match. I'm more interested to see how Cena would be in the Nexus then having Cena destroy them for good. I can't think of much for Cena to do if the Nexus is gone too. I'm looking forward to the match as Cena seems to work well with the rookies. I find it funny that this is the 3rd straight PPV to have a young guy in the main event in a one on one match with Cena no less.

i really think cena will put barret over here, what better way to get someone over than having the top superstar in the wwe being controlled by them

One question- Is this going to be a regular match or HITC? I missed part of RAW so I just learned about this match now.

Either way I personally am hoping for cena to lose, even though it's highly unlikley. The Thought of cena joining nexus is quite titillating, but it almost seem's to good to be true.

Expect cena to pick up the victory here.

Cena isnt the top superstar btw .

but i see John Cena will chain the hell in a cell door so nobody can get in and nobody can get out , cena will win and nexus will seperate .. forming tag teams , a strong mid card division .. better matches maybe a fued with daniel bryan and justin gabriel ( which would be epic ) .. cenas slogan is " never give up " if he gives up to nexus his fan base will crumble and wwe cant risk it , he's the bread winner out of all the superstars .

I really doubt John cena will lose this match, sadly this will be the end of Nexus.
It was a great storyline at first but it has already ran its couse.
It lost all of its steam since SuperCena beat Nexus at Summerslam and now Barret doesnt have its title shot anymore so I dont know what else can Nexus do.
Besides it was reported a month ago that Nexus, as we know it, was suppose to be done by October so pretty much this could be it.
Its sad because I really liked this storyline and as The Doctor said it has been very disappointing these last few weeks.
Compare as when it began, the presence of Nexus now is a lot smaller and they are not that 'unstoppable intimidating force' they used to be.

I REALLY hope Barret wins this match however by recent weeks I think this angle is over. Too bad, as I really wanted to know 'the agenda' or the 'higher power' Barret always talked about.

i think Cena will win this one because i've read that Nexus is gonna disband sometime in October... and i quote ;),

"F4WOnline.com is reporting that The Nexus, in it's current form, is expected to cease sometime in October. No word on whether or not the group will continue to exist but with new members, or if it will cease altogether."

Here's the link http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/vince-mcmahons-birthday-update-on-the-nexus-future-110143

This was dated late August... i dont know if its true, but against cena, that's pretty likely to happen... again, this is just an internet news, i take it as it is...

I am so ordering this PPV. Damn Wade Barrett and his awesomeness is costing me 90 bucks this month! :blush:

I can see it going both ways. I think it has a lot to do if they really want this Nexus angle to go on.

Barrett is clearly the only one worth a damn in Nexus at this point. If they finally think he is ready to be on his own, then I wouldn't have a problem with that. The guy just screams main event heel, cuts prolly the best promo on Raw, and has such a presence about him that makes him naturally interesting to watch/boo. He has been given main event spots without Nexus really being a part of it and has just blended in with the other guys perfectly.

However, I do like the idea of Cena being a reluctant member of Nexus. Every guy in that group has no problem doing what Barrett says. If Cena takes this route, I could see some serious comedy stuff eventually leading Barrett to just snap and go "Oh bloody hell, you are annoying!" Or even Cena convincing some of the weaker links or the guys who haven't been portrayed as important to Wade's plans as the others. Guys like Michael Traver or David Otunga, whom are always the first guys kicked out of the ring. Heck, they can do something with the guys not named Barrett or Gabriel (whom as been presented as Wade's right hand man) voting to get Cena out of the group.

I find this to be an intriguing dilemma. On one hand there are the great storyline possibilities of Cena joining Nexus, on the other hand there's the fact that Nexus is due to end come October.

Booking wise, Barrett could do with another win over Cena, whilst Cena doesn't really need the win. Barrett did go over Cena at Night of Champions in the 6 Pack Challenge, but that was with the assistance of Nexus. Can Barrett do it again? I'm not so sure.

Also there's the fact that Nexus are 'Serving a Higher Purpose'. This 'Higher Purpose' has never been fully disclosed. Who/what is it and when it will be revealed has yet to be established. It'd be a bit of a bummer if we never got that storyline to fully play out.

Right now I'm on the fence, though I suspect that Cena will win.

I am so ordering this PPV. Damn Wade Barrett and his awesomeness is costing me 90 bucks this month! :blush:

I can see it going both ways. I think it has a lot to do if they really want this Nexus angle to go on.

Barrett is clearly the only one worth a damn in Nexus at this point. If they finally think he is ready to be on his own, then I wouldn't have a problem with that. The guy just screams main event heel, cuts prolly the best promo on Raw, and has such a presence about him that makes him naturally interesting to watch/boo. He has been given main event spots without Nexus really being a part of it and has just blended in with the other guys perfectly.

I agree with you, Barrett cuts the best promo on Raw. In fact, I think Cena does need to kill this faction to free Barrett so he can become a real main eventer. Nexus to me is really just a mid-card faction with Barrett as the only credible asset to it. The problem I see with Cena killing the faction is the other members of Nexus don't have the "it" factor so what could they do on their own?

That makes me think that if Cena wins, Nexus will split apart with them blaming each other for the loss and then you end up with two new factions.

Cena has to lose this. Nexus are the most dominant force in the WWE still, and with Cena joining them (whether he tries to get out of it or not) it will make Nexus even bigger. I like Doctors idea, make him be like Shawn Michaels in which he doesn't want to be with them but he still makes them a dominant force because he is forced to be with them. This will keep Nexus going for longer which is a must and will keep all the Cena's haters happy. Randy Orton will then become the top face of Raw which was probably the plan all along.

"Your time is up, my time is now You can't see me, my time is now

Truer words have not been spoken by Super Cena. In no means am I a Cena mark, in fact I might could be the ANTI CENA. This could be Cena's biggest story line yet. It's the story line we've all been waiting for. CENA's HEEL TURN. A chance for him to rebuild his character, a chance to turn on his fans that boo him out of the building. A chance to trade in orange/purple for yellow and black.

There are a few reasons why I think this is possible.

Cena is no longer top face on the RAW brand. With Orton cementing his place on top with the New Age of Orton, Orton is the hottest thing in the WWE. Vince seems to have found his new anti hero, his rattlesnake or viper. Orton's on fire right now, and with the new legion of Orton fan's, its the best time for Cena to turn.

Every top Superstar ever has had a faction except CENA. Cena leading the Nexus could build more momentum for the Seven Sinners. Think about all the greats that ever graced the squared circle past and present.
Hogan = NWO
SCSA = Alliance
Angle = Team Angle, Main Event Mafia
The Rock = NOD, The Corporation
Taker = Ministry of Darkness
HHH = Evolution, DX, Corporation
HBK = DX, NWO
Flair = Horsemen, Evolution, FOURtune
and so on.....
They have all had a chance to lead a faction. Cena hasnt. The closest thing he's had is a partnership with B2. Cena could help push the Nexus. He already gets more heat from most fans.

CENA has a chance to reinvent himself. Forget the jean/cargo shorts, the army fatique, the pumps or jordans, the orange or purple t shirts and hats. Its time to trade those boring, played out gimmicks for a new look. Black and yellow, probably time for tights. Cena needs to reinvent himself. Everyone above the age 8 already hates this stupid gimmick.

How's it going to play out?. Cena loses HITC. Confused, and angry. He can play off the crowd cheering Barett's win. On his knees defeated. Looking down and confused, he begins to laugh. Laugh hysterically. He looks at Barett and shakes his hand with a smile on his face. The next night on RAW, CENexus starts the show in the middle of the ring with his new found faction. New look, new attitude, New focus. He cuts his promo about "always being the good guy and being sick of it". Sick of his blood, sweat and tears he put in only to be boo'ed by the WWE universe. Now he'll give us something to really boo about. Michael Cole will jump on the band wagon, saying that Nexus has new leadership and new direction just to solidify the heel turn.

What do you guys think?

This is what we in the industry would call a win-win situation.

When you look at it, the result of the match is going to have good repercussions, no matter what. If John Cena is the victor, which he likely will be, then we are going to see the dissolution of the Nexus after a couple of months of nothing going on with them. Let’s face it, they have already made their names from this angle and it has been anything but fresh for the last few weeks in particular. I know that the people on this board are growing quite weary of the angle now and I am sure I will not be the only one who thinks that Cena winning and disbanding The Nexus is a good thing.

However, if Barrett manages to go over Cena clean inside the cell, then it will add something new to the dynamic. Not only will have Barrett showed that he is capable of beating Cena, he will have a new member of the Nexus at his disposal. It is my opinion that Cena joining the Nexus would only be a good thing for both he and the faction. It could lead to Cena running the line of a tweener for a while before a heel turn. It will also reinforce the dwindling numbers of the Nexus somewhat and add some teeth to the bite of the Nexus.

Win-win.

I agree with the original poster here. Nexus needs this win badly, as the group has suffered injuries and has lost some momentum as of late. This group still has a lot going for them, and a win over Cena (no matter how they get it) will no doubt be huge! Orton is the WWE Champion and face of the company, or so it seems now, and this is the best time to try and do this to Cena. Put him in the back seat and join Nexus and see just how far Orton can go with the title.

As for this match, I like Wade Barrett. He's the best one out of Nexus in all around talent and this win would propel him to new heights, and still keep Nexus together. This storyline was great over the summer and although it's lost steam, a win over Cena and making him join would only relight this flame!

I seriously hope for Barret to win this one. Cena joining Nexus would be one of the biggest angles in WWE since it went PG. As someone stated before, this could look like HBK and JBL, but Cena could just turn Heel. Man, that's great!

I doubt Cena will turn heel if he joins the Nexus. It will probably turn out to be one of those Rey Mysterio joining the LWO in WCW kinda deals, where he acts like he's being bullied around by the group and just rolls with them because he has to. If he does join, it will be temporary until they can build up to a match for his liberation.

Hmmm, it's certainly an intersting one. I pretty much guessed that the overwhelming opinion amongst the IWC would be for a Nexus win and Cena heel turn, but I really do not see it happening. I don't see how having Cena in Nexus would be good for business, or for the other members of Nexus for that matter.

Reports a month or two back suggested that Nexus was to dissolve around October time, Cena is still a money making machine for WWE, is the poster boy for the company and is an integral part of the clean, family friendly image of PGWWE. And I really cannot see them cleanly putting Barrett over Cena.

Whilst from the point of view of freshening up Raw and giving Cena a much needed change of direction(creatively), yes, a Barrett win would most certainly be the preferred outcome, but the most likely scenario is going to be a Cena win.

However, I have to say that I do wonder how this is all going to fit in with the "bigger picture" of Nexus that Barrett spoke about up until not too long ago.

Cena is no longer top face on the RAW brand. With Orton cementing his place on top with the New Age of Orton, Orton is the hottest thing in the WWE. Vince seems to have found his new anti hero, his rattlesnake or viper. Orton's on fire right now, and with the new legion of Orton fan's, its the best time for Cena to turn.

Reaction isn't as important as much money is actually being made. Over at WWE Shop site, CENA has 7 of the top selling 21 items. Why? CENA is the most "kid friendly" WWE superstar in a long long time. He is like a super hero to a lot of kids. He actually does a lot of charity for kids. Heck, he even likes to pop up on Nickelodeon (a kids channel) every now and then. Like it or not, kids are who the WWE is targeting now.

Every top Superstar ever has had a faction except CENA. Cena leading the Nexus could build more momentum for the Seven Sinners. Think about all the greats that ever graced the squared circle past and present.
Hogan = NWO
SCSA = Alliance
Angle = Team Angle, Main Event Mafia
The Rock = NOD, The Corporation
Taker = Ministry of Darkness
HHH = Evolution, DX, Corporation
HBK = DX, NWO
Flair = Horsemen, Evolution, FOURtune
and so on.....
They have all had a chance to lead a faction. Cena hasnt. The closest thing he's had is a partnership with B2. Cena could help push the Nexus. He already gets more heat from most fans.

Seems like a stupid reason to be honest. All of those factions started just as way to get the guy acknowledged or do something with a stale character. Saying a TOP star needs a faction is rather stupid, especially one at Cena's level. Cena has been the number one guy in the WWE for the past 5 years on his own. Besides, Wade is the leader of the group and has done an absolutely fucking phenomenal job at it. Why destroy Wade's momentum? :disappointed:

CENA has a chance to reinvent himself. Forget the jean/cargo shorts, the army fatique, the pumps or jordans, the orange or purple t shirts and hats. Its time to trade those boring, played out gimmicks for a new look. Black and yellow, probably time for tights. Cena needs to reinvent himself. Everyone above the age 8 already hates this stupid gimmick.

Going back to the fact that Cena is the cash cow for that company.. Why fix what isn't (economically) broken? I hate those f'n purple and yellow shirts, but I'd be damned if I don't see women and little girls at least once a day wearing them.

How's it going to play out?. Cena loses HITC. Confused, and angry. He can play off the crowd cheering Barett's win. On his knees defeated. Looking down and confused, he begins to laugh. Laugh hysterically. He looks at Barett and shakes his hand with a smile on his face. The next night on RAW, CENexus starts the show in the middle of the ring with his new found faction. New look, new attitude, New focus. He cuts his promo about "always being the good guy and being sick of it". Sick of his blood, sweat and tears he put in only to be boo'ed by the WWE universe. Now he'll give us something to really boo about. Michael Cole will jump on the band wagon, saying that Nexus has new leadership and new direction just to solidify the heel turn.

Quick question: Since you seem to take reactions as the end all be all, have you noticed the amount of heel heat Wade Barrett has? Or the fact that crowds chant for Cena each time him and Barrett have a confrontation? The John Cena boo-birds aren't at every show you know.

I really don't think the WWE is dumb enough to throw away five years of the top star's role. The internet might hate John Cena, but the fact reminds that he is the face of the WWE.

What do you guys think?

I am personally against a John Cena heel turn because financially and storyline wise it makes absolutely no sense.

I am not one of those people who have gone "they killed the Nexus" each time they have done something, but Cena willingly being a part of Nexus would crush Wade's momentum if Wade is just fine with that. Wade is the ring master of that group in every since of the word. However, Cena's presence is just too damn big to have him turn heel and side with Barrett. Barrett has been booked as the top heel on Raw for months afterall.

I understand the possibility of the other Nexus guys accepting Cena and Wade leaving the group on his own, but do you really think Cena could do as good of a job in making those other Nexus clowns look nearly as relevant as Wade has? We know Wade is hands down the best in the group, but we also know his character actually cares about what goes on with the those blokes. Mainly because Nexus is about a bunch of guy with nothing in common but a "higher purpose".

I really hope Barrett wins this match and Cena joins Nexus. They really need a win seeing as they haven't been doing much lately like they did when they first started. Having Cena join them would push Nexus back up. Like others have said Cena can lose then go on saying hes a man of his word and w/e so he will join them, but he shows that he doesn't like it the whole time.

OR (I hope this doesn't happen) You have Cena LET Barrett beat him at HIAC so he can join Nexus and its revealed somehow that he was with them all along (would make no sense but would really turn him Heel)

Either way I see Cena losing in this. It looks like WWE is really noticing how much the fans r liking Randy now, and not just the kids but most of the people. Mainly Cena is only liked by the kids, where Orton is liked by the kids and older people. Think about it, Orton is being more of a good guy now (even though hes like a bad good guy) where hes using all his heel tactics, but using them against heels instead of faces now. They got Randy on twitter now and have him as WWE champion.

It looks like the WWE is getting everything set up for Cena to turn heel (or atleast join Nexus and not like it) and Orton to take his old spot.

If Barrett loses this match it totally ruins all the build up for Nexus since they started the attacks. They can't go taking out all these people, doing everything they did, never revealing this higher power or w/e they are talking about just for Barrett now and have them all go away. That would ruin all of NXT season 1 (besides getting Bryan on RAW)

I'm a massive Barrett fan, but he shouldn't win this. Not cleanly, at least. As much as I love Wade Barrett, he isn't on Cena's level yet. Cena is the top guy in the company, and Barrett isn't close to that, and therefore shouldn't beat Cena.

That's not to say that Cena can't put Barrett over. One doesn't need to win to be put over. If Cena can make it look like Barrett belongs in the ring with him, and can get thiiis close to beating him that would be enough for me. If Barrett kicks out of an AA or escapes the STF that will be enough for me.

This match is make it or break it time for Barrett. He's in the ring with WWE's best wrestler at the moment, and he's got to live up to his potential. In his big matches thus far he's been unspectacular, but this is his big one on one match. If he can perform at the top of his game, then this will make his career. If not, then Barrett is going to have a fast fall from grace.

If this is Nexus' end, let it be a good one that perminently establishes Barrett in the ME.

That's not to say that Cena can't put Barrett over. One doesn't need to win to be put over. If Cena can make it look like Barrett belongs in the ring with him, and can get thiiis close to beating him that would be enough for me. If Barrett kicks out of an AA or escapes the STF that will be enough for me.

Very well said. I think the match itself will be just fine. Wade isn't the *best* in ring guy, but he does what he does well (besides that stupid spot where he punches three times haha). He is also very very "carry-able" and has great heel vs face chemistry with Cena. Plus, the match is almost guaranteed to have tons of heat, which will always help a match.

This match is make it or break it time for Barrett. He's in the ring with WWE's best wrestler at the moment, and he's got to live up to his potential. In his big matches thus far he's been unspectacular, but this is his big one on one match. If he can perform at the top of his game, then this will make his career. If not, then Barrett is going to have a fast fall from grace.

His matches so far haven't really shown cased Wade like he wrestled on NXT. On NXT, he was the resident big man who used his size to bully people, but could get bested by the faster guys. On Raw, he spends most of the time on his back holding his head before the finish. I understand he is in there with guys like Orton and Cena.. It could be the fact that they want to show case him as a rookie still, but the words used to describe Wade have been everything but still. =/

If this is Nexus' end, let it be a good one that perminently establishes Barrett in the ME.

I f'n concur as much as possible.

Well this is interesting. I've said it in the Nexus thread, and I'll say it again. I don't feel that it should be anything near the point of what could turn out to make, or break Nexus as a faction. However, I'm all for this match. I guess it'll be a good one, but I'm not saying it's the best of all possibilities for Wade Barrett's first singles Pay Per View match, or for that sake first big match in the WWE as a singles competitor.

However, I'm hoping to see Wade Barrett come out victorious. Not because I want to see John Cena become a part of The Nexus, not because I don't want to see Nexus break up (Or well, that's a part of why I want to see Wade win). But because this could make of break Wade Barrett as a future main event wrestler as well. If he can show that he can hang with John Cena in there, and he can come out victorious, there's really no limits to where it will bring Wade in the coming months, or Nexus for that sake.

Indeed an interesting match, and I have to admit, I can't wait.

I that their are two realistic outcomes from this match and neither includes Cena Turning Hell

Outcome 1- Cena Wins the match and Nexus will be forced disband and that would be absolutely disappointing end tho something that started off Great and has kind of fizzled out since. I think that best and most intriguing outcome is....

Outcome 2 - Barrett beats Cena clean, Cena is forced to join Nexus but he will not be turning Heel just like in the HBK/JBL storyline he will be a Face that is forced to do Heelish things.

i think Cena will win this one because i've read that Nexus is gonna disband sometime in October... and i quote ;),

"F4WOnline.com is reporting that The Nexus, in it's current form, is expected to cease sometime in October. No word on whether or not the group will continue to exist but with new members, or if it will cease altogether."

Here's the link http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/vince-mcmahons-birthday-update-on-the-nexus-future-110143

This was dated late August... i dont know if its true, but against cena, that's pretty likely to happen... again, this is just an internet news, i take it as it is...

I think you forgot to read the part in bold.

I would like to see Barrette go over in this match. I would love to see Cena become a member of Nexus. This could be away to test him as a heel without having to turn him fully. They could have Cena visually hate being apart of the group, but being the person that Cena is, he will stand by his word and fight along side with his new brethren.
This could be away to freshen up this angle and bring some more excitement to it. Nexus could use Cena to help them with their "Higher Power" goals, rather it be Cena costing another member of the RAW roster the title, or just by serving as their bodyguard type of figure. I think Cena joining Nexus would be something different that the WWE has not seen in a while.

...Or Cena could win, Nexus could be scattered between Superstars, SMACKDOWN!, and RAW, and we can see Cena vs Orton again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back