WWE Royal Rumble: WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Rich Swann (c) VS Neville

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
We've seen this feud developing since Neville made his return at the Roadblock ppv where he turned heel and laid out Rich Swann. After scoring a win over Swann on 205 Live last week, Neville now has his shot at the Cruiserweight Championship at the Rumble.

I've enjoyed Neville as a heel, he comes off as a guy that's allowed frustration to develop into him carrying a big chip on his shoulder. He's not a cocky heel, he's not a funny heel, he's not an "entertaining" heel, he's just someone that's pissed off at the world and feels he's not gotten the recognition he deserves. It's simple, easy to buy into and it works.

I don't see Swann dropping the title at the Rumble. Instead, I see him holding the title until at least WrestleMania. Given how long WrestleMania is, there's plenty of room to have two Cruiserweight matches with one being a big Cruiserweight spot fest and the other being a one on one match for the title. I dunno, it'd just seem more meaningful for the first defense of the new Cruiserweight Championship be a one on one match, especially if they wind up doing an IC title ladder match again this year.

I'm torn on this match's result. But I'm gonna give 51-49 to Neville here.

Why? Because Neville has recently turned heel. He's been booked as quite dominant unlike other Cruiserweights and I think that the title win will bring a certain amount of credibility and legitimacy to Neville as well as the title.

I know that Swann hasn't kept the title too long as of now but still Neville needs it more.

I really think I'd prefer Neville to win here. As much as I like Swann, putting the title on Neville who is a recognizable face to everyone can maybe FINALLY be the jumpstart that the division and the title itself desperately needs. Have him win here and then use WrestleMania as the platform for one of these new Cruiserweight stars to take it off of him. Whether that means Swann takes it back or somebody new.

I get that would mean we'd have four Cruiserweight Champions in the span of only about 5ish months, and then a fifth in about 7 months but I really think it's needed.

In my opinion Neville should win at the Rumble, and retain at Wrestlemania.
He should have a long reign to help establish the division - as he is, by far, the biggest name on it.

I would be very surprised if Neville didn't win at the Rumble and go into Mania as the champion. They're building him up too strong and that'd be anticlimactic.

If he does win the title though, who should be his challenger at Mania? I personally believe it could be Austin Aries. Aries has been on commentary during the Cruiserweight segments and on 205 Live. And he does tend to say "The only reason _____ is champion is because I'm not cleared to compete" or something along those lines every couple of weeks. Now that could be a program that make people really pay attention to this division. I could be wrong, but I do believe he'll be recovered in a month or two. That's perfect for Mania season.

I don't see Neville winning. He'll dominate and then he'll get caught with a roll up. I'm fine with that. He'll get the belt soon and then hopefully the division can find it's feet.

i this point, really who cares about the cruiserweight division. Neville as been great in this new role and i hope he would win the title at the rumble since he might be able to salvage this dying division but again what does it means in the end, you're pretty hire on the totem pole then the guys that wrestles only on house shows.

This is how a title match should be, the biggest face vs the biggest heel in the division.

That being said I see Neville coming out with the win and the title. He's been on fire since he came back as a heel and asa much as I love me some Rich Swann Neville is by far the biggest name in the division and is the one to bring the Cruiserweights to the next level.

I seem to be in the minority with me Crusierweight love but this is high on the list of matches I'm interested in.

I really think they should NOT have a multi man (like 8 man) match at Mania, but if that is what they are going for, then I would have Swann retain only to have him lose it at Mania.
But if WWE are smart they will keep some of the good cruiserweight workers - those that are close to a WM quality (Swann, Alexander, Gallagher, Dar, TJP) and put them in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Personally I think Neville SHOULD win the title, with Austin Aries facing off against him after the match (stopping a beatdown on Swann). Then have Neville vs Aries at the February PPV end in a Draw with a Double Pinfall. Also on the PPV (or on the Raw after it) - I will have The Brian Kendrick win a Cruiserweight Open to become the No.1 Contender for the title at WrestleMania.
All of that will cause a huge triple threat for the title to be scheduled (maybe as the opener for the PPV, or as the first match of the kickoff) with:

Neville (C) vs The Brian Kendrick vs Austin Aries in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

The match can go actually anywhere. Personally I would have Neville retain continuing the feud with Aries, and have Kendrick go on to feud with Cedric Alexander - before he gets to the title scene in the summer.

Neville should get the same treatment Joe got in NXT. Challenging for the title and failing to win it, until he finally does. Seriously, why pull the trigger so quickly? Neville losing only adds more fuel to his fire and he will be coming after Swann hard.

Give this feud a long run, until Mania. Neville can win it there, or, on RAW after Wrestlemania.

Neville is easily the most interesting thing about the Cruiserweight division and should win in dominating fashion. Even if Swann gets dominated and wins with a roll up that'll be fine. BUT Neville needs to pin Swann for the title either at the Rumble or Mania. Or I guess 205 Live could work.

I like the idea of Neville not winning the championship right away, but he shouldn't lose, so I would have Neville win the match at the Royal rumble, but beat Swann so bad post match that the decision gets reversed and Neville gets a 30 day suspension.
At Roadblock Neville returns and attacks Swann and the #1 contender(hopefully Aries), setting up a triple threat match at Wrestlemania between Swann, Aries, and Neville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back