Finally, Neville is in the cruiserweight division

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Tonight at roadblock, neville destroy tj perkins and rich swann and not only entered the division but turn heel in the process.

In my opinion, this is what the division needed, a name that can bring atrention to the division and help elevate the division. I for one am interested in what's going to happen next with neville and it got me interested in something this division for the first time since they restarted the division. I say just give the title to neville either on a edition of 205 live or even better at the royal rumble and let him carry the division for a while until the other guys in the division can get to the same level as neville.

Neville could be this division's savior, but I think he's going to need some help in the form of Austin Aries. Those two guys, along with the veteran presence of Brian Kendrick, a rising Rich Swann, a heel Perkins, and a fresh Jack Gallagher could make up a really good core of this division. It all really depends on if WWE decides to hit the reswitch and actually give a shit about the Cruiserweights this time around.

I think they should give Neville the belt and let Swann and Perkins chase for a bit before introducing some new challengers. I just hope this leads to Perkins turning heel on Swann and Aries being introduced sooner rather than later. I don't have much faith in WWE to do this right though to be honest, and really, why the hell should I?

I think turning Neville heel is a fresh thing, but I believe this could be a mistake. I can be wrong but that's my thoughts.
I saw a video today that I really liked and it said that Kendrick wins the title, then forms a stable with 2 wrestlers (I'll pick Drew Gulak and Noam Dar) - I will call them the Captain's Crew, and Neville has to go through them in order to get to Kendrick (at WrestleMania).

Royal Rumble:
The Brian Kendrick def. Rich Swann (C) to win the WWE Cruiserweight Title (debut of the stable).

Fast Lane:
Neville def. Cedric Alexander in the Tournament Finals to determinate the No.1 Contender for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at WrestleMania 33.
The Brian Kendrick (C) def. Rich Swann and Tajiri in a Triple Threat Match to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Title.

WrestleMania 33:
Kickoff Match: Open Challenge Match to determinate the No.1 Contender for the Cruiserweight title: Austin Aries def. Drew Gulak, TJ Perkins, Jack Gallagher, Tajiri, Ariya Daivari, Rich Swann, Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado and Noam Dar.
Main Card: Neville def. The Brian Kendrick (C) to win the WWE Cruiserweight Title.

Then after WM you can have Aries debut as a heel and feud with Neville, meanwhile Swann and Cedric Alexander form a team to feud with Kendrick's stable.

May PPV:
Neville (C) and Austin Aries fought to a Draw to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Title.
The Captain's Crew (The Brian Kendrick and Noam Dar) (w\Drew Gulak) def. Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann.

June PPV:
Neville (C) def. Austin Aries in a Two out of Three Falls Match to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Title.
Cedric Alexander, Rich Swann and ? (could be a defecting Kalisto or even a one off appearance of Ibushi\Zack Sabre Jr.) def. The Captain's Crew (The Brian Kendrick, Noam Dar and Drew Gulak) in a Six Man Tag Team Match -after the match Dar turns on Kendrick.

Then basically the 2 feuds that we have ended, and we go on to new directions - Dar feuds with Kendrick, Aries feuds with Alexander, and Swann will turn **HEEL** and face Neville.

July PPV:
The Brian Kendrick (w\Drew Gulak) def. Noam Dar in a No Disqualification Match. A new Captain's Crew member debuts - TJ Perkins.
Neville (C) def. Austin Aries, Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann in a Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Title. Aries and Alexander eliminate each other, then after a 10 minute brawl Neville pins Swann. The two hug and then Swann falls down and low blows Neville (simillar to Y2J-HBK WM19 ending).

Summer Slam:
Team Dar (Noam Dar, Jack Gallagher, Cedric Alexander and Tajiri) def. Austin Aries and The Captain's Crew (The Brian Kendrick, Drew Gulak and Tony Nese) in an Eight Man Tag Team Match.
Neville (C) def. Rich Swann to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Champioship.

That is how to book the cruiserweight division for 8 months in 15 minutes with multiple stories, developing charactes and a long reigning face champ.
WWE - I want to see either that or better!!

Serious question here. I know that Neville is not the tallest guy on the roster, but there is a weight requirement of 205 pounds, does he meet that? To look at him he looks a lot heavier than 205 pounds. Other than that quite happy to see him in the division. Now all they need is Kalisto.

Serious question here. I know that Neville is not the tallest guy on the roster, but there is a weight requirement of 205 pounds, does he meet that? To look at him he looks a lot heavier than 205 pounds. Other than that quite happy to see him in the division. Now all they need is Kalisto.

He's billed at 194, but to me looks bigger than that.
But I'm glad Neville is here, and as a heel. Now TJP needs to turn as well, then they build more credible faces from there, as the heels would be stocked with TBK, TJP, Neville, and A Double.

Neville is billed at 5'8" and 194 lbs. I think 5'8" is stretching it a little as I think the guy's really about 5'6" but that's consistent with what he's been billed at throughout his career. As for his weight, is possible because Neville is just built naturally stocky and wide, so it's possible for him to look heavier than he actually is. It's surprising the sort of difference a couple of inches in height, the natural shoulder to hip ratio of the skeletal structure and hitting the gym can make in someone's physical appearance. Whenever I see Neville, his build is almost exactly what I'd picture someone playing Wolverine in the movies would have if they kept as close to the comics as possible. In the comics, Wolverine is 5'3" and 195 lbs., not counting the additional weight of the adamantium bonded to his skeleton, and he's always been drawn with this stocky, yet very powerful build that could cause someone to think he's heavier than he actually is.

Also, now that the cruiserweights are on the main roster and more under the control, reportedly, of Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn rather than Triple H, I highly doubt that weight limits, within reasonable degrees, are going to be enforced. Vince wants to use billed weights anyhow as Kendrick is billed between 170 and 175 lbs. despite that he genuinely weighed in at 157 lbs. during the Cruiserweight Classic.

I can't say that I've been exasperated that Neville hasn't been in the Cruiserweight Division yet because the division has only been around for a few months and is slowly gaining ground in areas it needs. A heel turn for Neville may well be exactly what he needs; I'm hoping this means he ditches the cape and gets new entrance music as it doesn't come off as all that heelish. What's hurting the CW Division is a lack of character development. Jack Gallagher is great and genuinely stands out, Rich Swann has potential but needs a little more depth and Cedric Alexander also has potential. However, as I pointed out, it's been reported that Vince and Kevin Dunn have been calling the shots among the CW Division and I have a bad feeling that they feel that the cruiserweights are mostly just for high flying, face paced action with some cool spots thrown in rather than them developing personal identities to set themselves apart as a whole.

Neville is billed at 5'8" and 194 lbs. I think 5'8" is stretching it a little as I think the guy's really about 5'6" but that's consistent with what he's been billed at throughout his career. As for his weight, is possible because Neville is just built naturally stocky and wide, so it's possible for him to look heavier than he actually is. It's surprising the sort of difference a couple of inches in height, the natural shoulder to hip ratio of the skeletal structure and hitting the gym can make in someone's physical appearance. Whenever I see Neville, his build is almost exactly what I'd picture someone playing Wolverine in the movies would have if they kept as close to the comics as possible. In the comics, Wolverine is 5'3" and 195 lbs., not counting the additional weight of the adamantium bonded to his skeleton, and he's always been drawn with this stocky, yet very powerful build that could cause someone to think he's heavier than he actually is.

Also, now that the cruiserweights are on the main roster and more under the control, reportedly, of Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn rather than Triple H, I highly doubt that weight limits, within reasonable degrees, are going to be enforced. Vince wants to use billed weights anyhow as Kendrick is billed between 170 and 175 lbs. despite that he genuinely weighed in at 157 lbs. during the Cruiserweight Classic.

I've seen what he's been billed as but the reason I asked is my son has a friend who is pretty much Neville's size. Not as muscular I mean shit Neville probably lives in the guy, the guy I know looks like he doesn't know what a gym is, he's 225 thereabouts. And I realize that Vince is famous for embellishing heights and weights that why I wonder.

It's really here nor there really, but if you are keeping others to a specific weight requirement, then everyone should fall under the same umbrella. I'll believe that that is his billed weight, and yea your right height can sometimes be deceiving as well.

Neville returning and entering the Cruiserweight division was a decent surprise. If this is finally going to lead Neville somewhere, I'm all for it. I enjoyed his work on NXT and felt that he was being wasted on the main roster winning and losing random matches to random opponents without entering any major program. This guy has a great finisher and great athleticism to benefit him in the Cruiserweight division. He should definitely win the title and cement some memorable moments going forward. A part of me really wants to see a lot of these Cruiserweights clash with AJ Styles in the future. I think that'd be a marvel to see just for the sake of wrestling rather than rank.

I agree with most, Neville's return into the cruiserweight division does seem to bring new life into the newly created division. At the same time, Neville can't single handedly rejuvenate the cruiserweight division. We haven't seen all too much of Neville's heel character but no matter how strong or consistent his character might be, he needs a worthy face keep his heat strong. Right now that's something the division is severely lacking. There's no baby face star that the crowd can get invested into. Until that does happen, Neville will simply be spinning his wheels no matter how good he is.

I also thought Neville did a pretty good job on the mic last night. It's the first real promo he's had on the main roster and I thought he showed good intensity. It wasn't groundbreaking or anything, but promos don't have to be; they have to convey the message and story in a way that makes you want to see what happens next and Neville did that for me. His facial expressions, the pacing back and forth, etc. helped me to buy into the premise that he's a frustrated, pissed off guy with a chip on his shoulder who's tired of being overlooked. He didn't get the "What?" treatment from the crowd, that may happen later on, but I thought it was a good first effort on Neville's part.

Neville's weight isn't a problem for me. He instantly adds a touch of credibility to the division, which isn't saying much as there was none.

I can't say I want him in the division, he's above it, but he isn't doing anything else.

It an interesting way they've done it. I can see them building it as part of a new stable eventually. The promo was OK, but the cool part is now they have McGuiness on the books, he could be a good manager for Neville and some of the other British guys they are bringing in. The UK Champ, Cruiser champ, Noam Dar from Scotland... Brit Pack could be a good way to build some stars and maybe...

I was thinking about what WWE was doing with Neville prior to this.

This immediately adds some vital credibility to Cruiserweight Division. Plus, it seems like Austin Aries will also be joining this division. Austin Aries is big enough to make this division even more credible.

I am really happy to see Neville's involvement in this division as the division needed a big heel personality. The division just got better.

Find a way to add guys like Kalisto to the cruiserweights but imagine the division with Rey Mysterio

Find a way to add guys like Kalisto to the cruiserweights but imagine the division with Rey Mysterio
I'm all okay for addition of Kalisto since he's a talented wrestler. He sure brings more to the table than Sincara.

I won't want Rey Mysterio in this division. This is coming from a fan of his. I like him and I know that he's still good as shown by his quite good match against Prince Puma at Ultima Lucha Dos but I won't want him in this division for sure. There are more viable options as in Kalisto, Dorado and Gran Metalik in form of masked Cruiserweights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back