WWE Fastlane: WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Neville (c) VS Jack Gallagher

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Due to winning a Fatal Fiveway #1 contender's elimination match on 205 Live last night, Gentleman Jack Gallagher earned the right to face Neville at Fastlane for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

This could be a fun match if they're given some real time to deliver. Gallagher genuinely stands out from the crowd, though I'm wondering if something more needs to be added to him to give him a little bit of a boost, and can be a lot of fun to watch. Neville is easily doing his best overall work in WWE as the consummate heel with a chip on his shoulder who's pissed off at the world, though I do wish Neville incorporated more of his natural athleticism and high flying into his matches as a heel.

It's much, much too soon for Neville to drop the Cruiserweight Championship as the Cruiserweight Division needs a strong heel. Gallagher is probably the strongest face right now in the division, though I expect Austin Aries to lace up the boots at anytime now once he's medically cleared.

Sacrificing your most popular baby face so soon? It's almost like they're not fully invested in this division.

Got to keep Neville as champ. He's recognizable. I wish they'd get some of these guys like Xavier Woods and Kofi in the CW division.

Neville is probably going to win. He's the biggest star in the division and shouldn't drop the title so soon.

Gallagher is very charismatic and has presence but probably isn't ready yet.

This should be a great match, and I'm looking forward to it more than most cruiserweight matches.

Neville should surely win here. It looks like the plan was changed because it was supposed to be Rich Swann challenging Neville but Swann has some sort of ankle/foit injury.

I don't think that Neville will lose the title this soon and that to Gallagher. It's too soon for Gallagher. So, Neville should retain.

It's rumored that Neville Vs. Austin Aries could take place at Wrestlemania 33. I'm gonna love it. :rolleyes:

It honestly wouldn't shock me if they went with a title change. I hope they don't, but really who knows with this division. It seems like they just throw things at the wall and hope they stick. Neville's a great heel, Gallagher is their top babyface and at least for Cruiserweight standards, is super over. When he won the #1 Contender's match on 205 Live the other night, it got one of the biggest pops of the night and by night I mean Smackdown as well. If the rumor of Neville/Aries for WrestleMania is true (which I don't really understand but that's for a different discussion at another time) it seems odd to me that they would treat Gallagher as essentially a stepping stone for Neville to get to WrestleMania.

Unexpectedly Match Of The Night.

The match was damn good. Neville and Gallagher have different wrestling styles so I was interested to see how their styles mesh up.

Even commentary was good in this match. Cole (?) mentioning that Gallagher doesn’t execute high aerial moves was quite a good one.

Gallagher made me an even bigger fan of his. He looks strange and skinny but he's damn good. That snap German suplex was damn brutal looking and Gallagher made it look even more devastating with his selling. I was even afraid that he may have injured his neck there. The ending sequence was good as well and protected Gallagher.

B+

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back