WWE Payback: WWE Cruiserweight Chapionship - Neville (c) VS Austin Aries

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Austin Aries defeated TJ Perkins, Jack Gallagher and Mustafa Ali on 205 Live last Tuesday to become #1 contender for Neville's Cruiserweight Championship once again. On Raw tonight, it was announced that Aries gets his 2nd shot at Payback.

Before TJ Perkins heel turn via attacking Aries from behind after picking up a surprise win thanks to Neville providing some distraction, I'd have thought Aries winning the title this time around would be all but certain. I'm not all that sure, however, as Perkins could possibly play some sort of role in things, depending upon what they do with him and Aries over the next 3 weeks. I could see Perkins' issues with Aries building over the weeks and it leads him to help cost Aries the title at Payback as part of a series of obstacles that Aries has to overcome in a good, long chase for the title.

I can't complain if Aries wins, but I find myself hoping that they wait until SummerSlam to give Aries a big moment on one of WWE's biggest shows of the year.

Austin Aries defeated TJ Perkins, Jack Gallagher and Mustafa Ali on 205 Live last Tuesday to become #1 contender for Neville's Cruiserweight Championship once again. On Raw tonight, it was announced that Aries gets his 2nd shot at Payback.

Before TJ Perkins heel turn via attacking Aries from behind after picking up a surprise win thanks to Neville providing some distraction, I'd have thought Aries winning the title this time around would be all but certain. I'm not all that sure, however, as Perkins could possibly play some sort of role in things, depending upon what they do with him and Aries over the next 3 weeks. I could see Perkins' issues with Aries building over the weeks and it leads him to help cost Aries the title at Payback as part of a series of obstacles that Aries has to overcome in a good, long chase for the title.

I can't complain if Aries wins, but I find myself hoping that they wait until SummerSlam to give Aries a big moment on one of WWE's biggest shows of the year.

Holding off the title win until SS makes sense. That's 4 mths away. I assume Neville beats Aries again with Perkins help. Then, in May we get Perkins vs. Aries. I'm not sure how long WWE could hold it off though.

I like your scenario a lot. TJ Perkins needed something to make us really care about him, and this can be it. 205 Live has plenty of opportunities with Jack Gallagher, Brian Kendrick, Cedric Alexander etc. to pair with Neville. Meanwhile, let Aries and Perkins go at it until the big pay-off. With this scenario, I think that Neville gets the long title reign he deserves, and it stabilises the Cruiserweight Championship since it was seemingly being hot potatoed around for a while. When Aries eventually defeats Neville, it will be a special moment that not only has Neville been defeated, but he has been defeated by Austin Aries.

Just as long as they're not relegated to the freakin' PRE-SHOW again and are giving more time. Still could be match of the night. Neville and Aries are the only two worthy of being champion in my opinion, so either way I don't really mind until the cruiserweight division gains more depth and more respect.

Aries was introduced to the Cruiserweight scene too quickly. With his stature he needed to win the belt almost immediately but he became involved with Neville too early in his reign for him to drop the belt.

Basically what Jake said. It's kinda a tough situation. Neville is doing so well with the belt but Aries is obviously the hottest act in the division, it makes sense to chuck it on Aries. Here is how I see things.

It's probably too early to take the title off Neville so TJ would have to interfere in this match, setting up Aries to take the title off Neville around payback.

If you do TJ and Aries feud with Aries not champion then that's one less heel that Aries has to face as champion. With not many great heels for Aries to face in a slim division, maybe it's best to hold off on the feud until the title is on Aries. So if you wait until the title is on Aries what does everyone do until then? Neville can face Kalisto in the mean time but TJ and Aries inevitably will have to cross paths until.

I think Aries going straight into the title picture wasn't going to help Aries in the long run in Tegards to his first stint as CW champ, but it had to be done at the same time. I can't be mad at what happens, just unsure what you could do in the long term if Aries does win. See what happens.

Neville has no one credible left to face except Akira Tozawa and Austin Aries.

Tozawa is still getting built and I think that Aries is the only right choice to beat Neville. Cedric Alexander could have worked but he's injured and not coming back anytime soon. Same for Noam Dar. Mustafa Ali is getting built up as well. Gallagher has already feuded with Neville. Kendrick? Nopes.

Aries should win this match. And move on to Perkins then.

Finn Balor...... Finn Balor is an EXCELLENT challenger for Neville come Summerslam time. He is without a doubt a cruiserweight and has star power with already flirting with the main event level on Raw. You want the Cruiserweight Championship and division to mean something, THAT'S how you do it. Shoot, could occasionally headline a PPV like the women did and Hell in a Cell last year. Why not?

Aries is the only other worthy challenger, but unfortunately showed up too early in Neville's reign. But he's worthy of being the champion too no doubt. Give him some worthy feuds in the meantime, possibly outside of the cruiserweight division too. That's the beauty of these guys; they don't necessarily need to stay married to the cruiserweight division.

Still think they could hold off on Aries winning for a bigger payoff. With Kalisto presumably joining the division with him going to RAW, it gives Neville another challenger when Aries feuds with Perkins.

Neville retains

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back