WWE RAW LD 7/25/2011 - The King is Dead, Long Live the King

No, video is reality. Just watch it. It's quite clear.

You are aware of the phrase "if it's on TV, it's a work", right? Surely that's a mark against videos of WWE TV shows being reality.

It's amazing how people can't stand anything that might make Punk look anything other than the greatest ever.

The internet fandom of Punk irritates me too, however they do have a point here. The crowd made a larger noise for Punk than they did for Cena, however as you pointed out they also moved more for Cena. You see the latter as proof that Cena was more popular with the crowd, Punk fans see the former as proof that Punk was. I like both guys about the same and don't give a fuck who's more over.

I say that both sides should stop arguing over petty shit like this and enjoy the goddamn angle for fuck's sake.

I'm sorry Sly but you are full of shit if you think Cena outpopped Punk last night at the end of the show. I watched that clip like 40 fucking times, and Punk's pop put Cena's to absolute fucking shame. It was like a round of golf claps for Cena, then Punk raised his title and the place blew up like the fuckin' Rock showed up.

Your Punk hatred really tends to make you see things differently man. Seriously go back and watch that clip. Better yet, here it is:

The pop for Punk puts Cena's to shame. It's not even close. Open your ears bro.

105brpv.gif

A high school sophomore that's a gymnast maybe.

And Eve... I'm totally okay with what she just did. In fact, it may be my favorite moment ever in wrestling history. The real question is how did she do that. Chick must have pistons in her hips.

Yea, sorry, Punks pop crushed Cena's.

Probably attributable to the demographics which support said wrestlers, as I said earlier, but sound-wise, it was pretty clear

Also, John Cena is the greatest pro wrestler in the history of earth

How fucking AWESOME was that match with Mysterio, holy fucking shit man

Also, John Cena is the greatest pro wrestler in the history of earth

How fucking AWESOME was that match with Mysterio, holy fucking shit man

Agreed. Though that short dude ain't bad either. Seriously, when's the last time Rey put on a bad match? I honestly can't remember a single one.

Oh, no knock against Mysterio, just who was the last person to put on a 5 star and 4 star EIGHT FUCKING DAYS apart? John Cena is on fire in the NBA Jam way right now. Goodness fuck.

Also, the Hogan comparisons are dumb as fuck. His work is sooo reminiscent of a young Sting right now, I wonder if its on purpose.

Dude I made the Cena s Sting reference a few years ago. Similar build, similar style. Strong guys that can get on the mat and rassle when need be.

Ehh I wouldn't go anywhere close to **** for that Cena/Rey match Norcal. It was damn good, but I wouldn't go higher than ***1/4 to ***1/2.

The Miz/Rey match was solid too.

I'll never get this face-like Orton. Do a storyline where he and Stephanie are banging behind HHH's back then maybe I can learn to like him again.

3 1/2 stars is kind of close to 4 stars, no?

Not really. Not how I rate things. A ***1/2 match means it's good or even great, but it's absolutely not a classic or anywhere near match of the year candidate. We see a shitload of ***1/2 matches on TV in the WWE per month, so it's not nearly as special as when something gets ****. To get that **** to me means that match is fan-fucking-tastic and will be remembered for years to come basically. ***1/2 means it was damn good, but it's not required viewing or worth going out of your way to see. I gave Rey/Cena from the other night ***1/4 anyways.

So yeah, half a star is actually a pretty big difference in quality with how I rate things, regardless of Samuel's hatred of fractions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back