WWE Night of Champions 2014

It can be, though I didn't find this to be BS. It sets up a logical third match and gives us some intrigue with Rollins while also giving Cena something to do until we get to the next PPV. Ambrose looms as well.

Compared to last couple of years I'll agree with you this wasn't as BS but cutting it close. Rollins as a heel for the authority had no reason to cash in on Lesnar who was their chosen champion. Why break up Cena's pin attempt to save Brock's championship just to try to pin him later?

But I'll take this over Big Show knocking out Orton and Bryan.

Compared to last couple of years I'll agree with you this wasn't as BS but cutting it close. Rollins as a heel for the authority had no reason to cash in on Lesnar who was their chosen champion. Why break up Cena's pin attempt to save Brock's championship just to try to pin him later?

That first line sums it up. This isn't Bryan wins the title but they hand it back to Orton the next night or wasting time on Big Show.

You could argue that the Authority wanted Lesnar to get the title off Cena and then use Rollins as someone they can control. And yes that's a big stretch.

As for Rollins breaking up the pin.....yeah I don't have much for that. Element of surprise maybe?

Didn't see it that way. Would have to check it again. But you have to admit, Brock was made to look way too vulnerable after what occured at SummerSlam.

I guess the job of whoever eventually conquers him becomes a bit easier based on tonight. ;)

He didn't look too vulnerable. They had to make it look like Cena has a chance to beat him so the Cell makes sense. There's no other viable options for Lesnar at HiaC but Cena.

He didn't look too vulnerable. They had to make it look like Cena has a chance to beat him so the Cell makes sense. There's no other viable options for Lesnar at HiaC but Cena.

meh, I see your point.

However, it's sad at the lack of credible challengers for the title now. :disappointed:

The calendar rears its ugly head again. Cena vs. Lesnar in the Cell shouldn't happen until like December but it's October so it's Cell time.

lesnar wasn't there chosen champ...... he was plan c if you recall. furthermore, the icw and wrestling world alone has made a big deal about who will be the "MAN" to beat brock, so why not break up the pin in order to be the man that conquered the 1 in 21-1 who destroyed john cena for the world title. DAMN brocks moniker is getting longer and longer every ppv

My first reaction to the ending of the Lesnar v Cena match with Rollins interference was: How are they going to MAKE SENSE of it on Raw?

It doesn't make any sense to me.

Why would Rollins want to stop Cena from beating the Champ?

If Rollins wanted to cash in then couldn't he just wait until the end of the match and attack whoever won with the briefcase and then call for the cash in?

Of course the real answer is: Vince McMahon is petrified to make Cena look weak so he needed an ending that saved face for Cena but he was at least smart enough to know Lesnar had to remain champ so he decided the only person who might interfere in the match is the MITB holder Rollins, even though there really wasn't a good reason for him to be out there it was the best Vince could come up with.

I guess it does likely lead up to a 3rd main event match in a row for Lesnar vs Cena, but this time in a cell. Scary to think that means at least 2 more weeks of Cena being booked crazy strong destroying probably The Wyatts again and probably Kane, Orton AND Rollins so he looks strong for Lesnar in a cell.

Au contraire, sir

Act like Rusev or Ambrose wouldnt be fucking AWESOME

Well yeah but I wouldn't want to see either guy start their feud with Lesnar in the Cell. I'm just saying that a Cell match should be used to blow off a big feud. Cena vs. Lesnar fits that bill.

I guess it does likely lead up to a 3rd main event match in a row for Lesnar vs Cena, but this time in a cell. Scary to think that means at least 2 more weeks of Cena being booked crazy strong destroying probably The Wyatts again and probably Kane, Orton AND Rollins so he looks strong for Lesnar in a cell.

All at the same time, after being run over by a monster truck. Followed by cutting a new, fresh promo about never giving up, and fighting til the end and stuff. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MATCH OF HIS LIFE DONT YOU KNOW THIS

Well yeah but I wouldn't want to see either guy start their feud with Lesnar in the Cell. I'm just saying that a Cell match should be used to blow off a big feud. Cena vs. Lesnar fits that bill.

Shouldnt be a feud. Should be a one-off title shot. Would do huge things for either guy, and be fresh and exciting.

lesnar wasn't there chosen champ...... he was plan c if you recall. furthermore, the icw and wrestling world alone has made a big deal about who will be the "MAN" to beat brock, so why not break up the pin in order to be the man that conquered the 1 in 21-1 who destroyed john cena for the world title. DAMN brocks moniker is getting longer and longer every ppv

Plan C doesn't mean the authority didn't chose him. He just wasn't the first choice. Why go after the beast when you can go after Cena? Why break up the pin to save Lesnar's title only to curb stomp him later?

Shouldnt be a feud. Should be a one-off title shot. Would do huge things for either guy, and be fresh and exciting.

Rusev
Sheamus
Cesaro
Ambrose
Rollins
Orton (that could easily headline two or more PPVs, especially given his history of taking out people Cena can't)

Other than Orton, those are some awesome one off matches. It worked in the In Your House days and it can work again now.

Plan C doesn't mean the authority didn't chose him. He just wasn't the first choice. Why go after the beast when you can go after Cena? Why break up the pin to save Lesnar's title only to curb stomp him later?

once again read everything after the first sentence. beating lesnar is instant credibility. why settle for beating supercena when u can brag about beating a former ufc champ. get it now? lesnar is booked as unstoppable and the iwc ha went nuts over who will be the one to beat the beast. thats why he broke up the pin. its bragging rights.

Not a bad PPV at all but I could really go for them not protecting Cena so fucking hard. I know its to set up a HIAC match but there are plenty that could benefit and give a great match (quite a few have been named on this page alone) to Lesnar. With the volume of talent they have it should be fairly easy to keep things fresh and not have to stall for long periods of time.

Rusev
Sheamus
Cesaro
Ambrose
Rollins
Orton (that could easily headline two or more PPVs, especially given his history of taking out people Cena can't)

Other than Orton, those are some awesome one off matches. It worked in the In Your House days and it can work again now.

I feel like this is where WWE's booking when it comes to building faces has come to backfire at them. Over the past months they invested all their eggs in one basket building up Reigns whilst others like Cesaro etc. became victims of the 50/50 booking and were made to look like chumps. And now that unfortunately Reigns is out, it suddenly looks like their are no more faces left except Cena and Ambrose (who himself was was sent off to make a movie when he had just begun his hot streak).
Just imagine if Cesaro had continued his WM 30 push we could have had an AWESOME one month feud between the former Heyman guy and Lesnar. Or if Orton wasn't made to look like The Authority's bitch. So many options but in the absence of good, long-term/Plan A-Plan B booking, it looks like WWE has no top faces.

Overall, the PPV wasn't bad. I would go as far as saying there were too many title changes. It felt like some of the switches were for the sake of switching the belts.

Henry being built up to represent America and getting thumped by Rusev sucked. All of that build for Rusev to treat him like any other jobber he's faced the past few months. There's a risk of losing the fans interest in Rusev if he keeps going over people for the sake of patriotism. I'd say do away with the love for Russia and simply focus on the fact that he's a tough sumbitch. Why bring patriotism into it?

The ending was unexpected, but I wonder how it'll be explained on Raw. I'm going with the Authority sending out Rollins to interfere and Rollins going rogue by Curb Stomping Lesnar and trying to cash in. Ideally, you build animosity between Heyman/Lesnar and The Authority and let that become a distraction in order to give Cena some more hope in overcoming Lesnar.

That being said, anything short of Lesnar winning clean inside Hell in a Cell will royally suck. No way in hell they go into Survivor Series with Cena as champion.

My first reaction to the ending of the Lesnar v Cena match with Rollins interference was: How are they going to MAKE SENSE of it on Raw?

It doesn't make any sense to me.

Why would Rollins want to stop Cena from beating the Champ?

... because the Authority doesn't want Cena as the Champion, and Rollins does what the Authority tells him to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back