WWE Network

ECW Sandman

Getting Noticed By Management
Okay awhile ago Vince McMahon said that the company is planning on there own network like MLB,NFL ect. although they have Classics On Demand do you like that WWE is finally going to have there own network and would you watch it. Me personal I think it's a great idea for WWE to have there own network the kids who watch it today could go back and watch all the old wrestlers and not just see John Cena they can learn about other companies like AWA NWA Georgia Championship Wrestling WCW and for the older fans that still watch WWE could go back and watch old matches from back in the day so what do you guys think would you watch it or no.

Yes I like this idea. I like it alot actually and can't wait for it. There will be wrestling on 24/7. They can play movies they have made, old school wrestling like classics on demand, and maybe even fcw I hope/

Yeah, I would definately watch it. In fact, it would probably be my favorite channel, behind ESPN and Comedy Central. I wanna learn more about the "golden age" of WWE (pretty much anything that isn't the PG era lol). I know about the Hogans and the Andres and the Ultimate Warriors, but I wanna learn as much as I can remember about the company and maybe some others. I know a little about WCW, but that was before my time as well.

Also, I've wanted to start watching FCW, but I live in New England and I don't know of any YouTubers that upload FCW weekly. It would be a great place for the return of Heat and Velocity, maybe even Heat live. There are so many possibilities and oppertunities that come out of this move. Let's hope it happens sooner than later.

Does anybody know the latest rumored launch date? I think I remember hearing April 2012.

Actually Vince never said that they would have one, he said that he wants one.

I don't think they would show FCW because the people on their wouldn't have the chance to change their gimmick, name, etc. FCW isn't that exciting anyways. Heat/Velocity = Superstars. They start out good but then they don't give a rat's ass anymore, and have Diva's tag team matches as main events.

It would be fun (if they make one, it better be free) and I probably would have it on all day. But I wonder how they would fill this timeslot every week. I would love to see wCw stuf, because out of all my old and new tapes/dvds, zero wCw ppvs (I have about 5 wCw matches from extras on DVDs). Even though I could watch a bunch of stuff on youtube, I for some reason, hate watching it on youtube.

But I see this being what they would show.
Replays of Raw/Smackdown
nXt/Superstars
Some sort of sportscenter type thing
and a shit load of old stuff

FCW's website started posting matches of the week but they are places you can watch full episodes of FCW.

The headline posted at Wrestlezone today about Wrestling being taken out of the WWE as noted by the LA Times (which now has been changed to Business Wire it seems) but it says:

"Besides hunting for acquisitions, WWE is moving ahead with long-talked-about plans to create its own cable network for its vast library of wrestling fare. The company has been meeting with distributors including Verizon and hopes to get a channel launched in 2012."

Obviously, Vince not only wants but is actually trying to get it done.

Anyway, if they were to have a channel instead of just being wrestling 24/7 it should be just like the WWE wants it. The hardcore WWE fans might not like it but it would fall in line with current WWE standards. A channel that features movies from the WWE Flims line, TV Shows thats been produced by WWE in the past (such as previous Tough Enough), Shows that have featured WWE Wrestlers in the past including newer original programing like talk shows or sitcom type shows. These and soo much more could be combined with stars who are WWE Favorites such as music acts who have worked with the WWE in the past and currently on theme songs for PPVs and for wrestlers could have a block of music videos at night.

MavTV a few years ago use to show Deep South Wrestling, Redd Dawgs Wrestling company, and a few other wrestling shows and now they just show Wrestlicious.

There is soo much the WWE could do that doesnt even tip the iceberg of wrestling footage.

Yeah that sounds great. Would it be on over here in the UK if it happend?

I remember we had the Wrestling channel which showed wrestling all day including ROH, Old World of Sport British Wrestling and I think TNA at some point but could be wrong. Anyway that ended which was a shame.

Hell yeah I would watch. I'd love it if this happened if they did it right. I'm sure it won't happen unless Vinny-mac finds a way to make money off of it though. Just like therockiswwf said, it better be free, and if it's not make it an AFFORDABLE deal with a one-time buy type thing to purchase the actual channel itself to add to your viewing list and after that everything is free. Movies, re-runs, old ppv's whatever it should all be free. I think it will be huge if they make it an easy-access type thing that the even the average wwe fan can have. I've seen videos 2-3 years old of The Rock talking about collaberating with Vince & WWE about a new network/channel type thing(don't have any links yall just do your own searching lol) that he said would and could have the potential to be a huge addition to WWE itself so who knows maybe they really are cookin up somethin for us. Hopefully it's not shit lol.

IF this happens, I'd love to see a video collection on the attitude era be on the channel, You go on search through the titles and you see 'Attitude era vol.1-20' every match from the birth after the Stone cold/Bret hart match all the way to the end when the Pg rating began. Since we will never have those days back, creating a network that has full Attitude era coverage will be a huge draw to the old school fans such as you all and yours truly. HOW BOUT IT VINNY?

Well I read that it will be something like the Golf Channel or NBA Network NFL Network but I would like it to happen and please keep the comments coming I love reading your feedback about this topic.

It would be awesome if they had a show that completely broke kayfabe. Not so much like Confidential did, but where they just talked about current storylines and interviewed superstars about their feuds.

I'd also like to see them air non-WWE wrestling shows, like maybe ROH or something.

And a show where they keep up with what wrestlers/former wrestlers are doing outside the ring. (i.e. Chris Jericho's Fozzy tour, behind the scenes at Dancing with the Stars, etc.)

Also, they could have a show where they follow a wrestler around for a week or so and see what it's like to be in their shoes.

There really is no limit to the ideas they could come up with.

HOWEVER, and this is most important, Vince keeps saying how he wants to be more than a wrestling company, so it's likely that the network would just be full of general interest stuff. Just like how SyFy, A&E, and all the other special interest cable channels all because general interest. It's all about ratings. A 24 hour wrestling channel sounds nice, but I doubt there are enough die-hard wrestling fans out there to justify that. We'll have to settle for what we get.

I'd have it like this:

Mondays:
- Tough Enough
- Monday Night RAW

Tuesdays:
- NXT

Thursdays:
- WWE Superstars (if WWE has a network, bringing Superstars back to TV wouldn't be a bad idea)

Fridays:
- Friday Night SmackDown

Now as far as other things to show on the Network, I'd have WWE Studios movies & any other movie with WWE Superstars, such as movies with The Rock, Stone Cold etc. since their movies aren't WWE Studios movies.

I'd show interviews from WWE Superstars & Divas from their appearances on Late Night, Tonight Show, ESPN, etc. etc.

I'd have a SportsCenter like show which would go through the current feuds, past recent feuds & future feuds that the hosts think will happen. (for the record, if a show like this was created, some people I'd like to see as the hosts of the show would have to be Jim Ross, "Mean" Gene, Bret Hart, Jerry Lawler, Matt Striker & Josh Matthews.) This show would also detail all of the results of last week's SmackDown, NXT, Superstars, T.E. & RAW. Superstars & Divas could appear on this show as well in interviews or getting their take. I'd call this show "The Finisher"

Create WWE sitcoms or animated TV shows starring guys like Rey, 'Taker, Cena, Edge, guys like that who would be great in an animated series.

Show TV shows that WWE stars have appeared on. For example, showing Psych with John Cena, The Miz & John Morrison on Cartoon Networks Destroy, Build, Destroy, Big Show at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards, etc.

Show past WWE shows or shows that featured WWE stars such as ManHunt every now & then. Every month have one week called WWE Rewind Week which would be the above idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back