The Hidden Potential of the WWE Network

also how does billing work? never used streaming service before, do you get a bill in the mail or something else?

will I be able to get the network on the ps4 in the uk if so how as I am really looking forward to be able to watch all the old ppv from wwe wcw and ecw

also how does billing work? never used streaming service before, do you get a bill in the mail or something else?

you pay with a credit card or paypal and it will show up as WWE Network Programming, or something like that, on your statement.

If you own a ps3 or 360, Set a VPN service (it mask your ip address and think you're in US). Thats how ppl acccess US netflix oversea. Atleast thats the general idea. But a vpn will cost like 8$ per month

It's easier than that and free too.

Use Google Chrome as your browser and just install the Hola Unblocker add-on. I use it for Netflix US (am based in Ireland) and it works like a charm, can just turn it on/off if I want to switch back to Netflix UK too.

Yep, you'll be able to access all that stuff. It's why WWE ended it's Classics On-Demand service earlier this year. Basically, any bit of footage that WWE owns the rights to can be watched.

I'm not sure where you got this information from. I mean I hope this is true I'd love to be able to watch WCCW shows and AWA and any WCW/JCP Saturday Night. But from the sounds of it launch will have PPV's and misc other stuff and then they are going to add to it. Hopefully each time they add they dont' subtract, but I assume they will be subtracting when something is added. Something like Classic on Demand, but maybe a larger scale.

That said I still think its a great deal to have all the PPVs on Demand with other added stuff. But ECW didn't start running PPV until 1997, but ran large shows before then. I hope they offer those shows from launch too, such as November 2 Remember 96 and what not. I think this is good news for wrestling fans.

will current ppvs example summerslam be available ondemand to watch the next day or do you have to watch ppvs live?

With Raw and Smackdown it seems you cannot watch on the Network until after they air, but they make it sound like the PPV's you can watch live and then on Demand.

Yes, PPVs can be seen live then in the archives.

Raw & SmackDown won't be able to be viewed live because they can be watched on cable live.

They'll probably block UK cards for payment till they launch. Sky will want to milk 30 for all they can before their deal ends. They're gonna hve to tread carefully with the UK launch, we tend to have to pay more for theses things and having to buy another years of PPV's to pretty much subsidise the US launch won't wash unless there is a big incentive... If Barrett ever gets a title push it's when the network launches here.

They'll probably block UK cards for payment till they launch. Sky will want to milk 30 for all they can before their deal ends. They're gonna hve to tread carefully with the UK launch, we tend to have to pay more for theses things and having to buy another years of PPV's to pretty much subsidise the US launch won't wash unless there is a big incentive... If Barrett ever gets a title push it's when the network launches here.

So you just use paypal, easy done.

am still shocked at the price, over here in the UK our ppv's are rather cheap as compared to the $60 in the US with the massive back catalogue and ppv's i expected a $14.99-19.99. but at $9.99 (around £7) p/m il be switching my xbox setting to the US and trowing money at them.

But we'll be paying them while the US isn't... Sky isn't letting them out the deal, hence the delayed startup. So (bearing in mind this is Rupert) Mania will be £40... guaranteed... they will hike the prices of PPV in that last year, even against WWE's wishes. They will charge £5.99 then more... guaranteed... after the UK 6 months it'll be £8... EVERYONE charges more in the UK... iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, everyone...

Where it goes wrong is if they continue to put out crappy house shows etc... they came close in 2013 to killing the golden goose when it came to the UK by the crap shows while Deutschland got the gucci show. Won't wash again with the live crowds.

My point is of course there are ways round it, but that isn't what was needed. If this was meant to be their shining, defining moment, it needed their 2nd biggest market included from day 1 or Day 28... Xbox managed it, PS4 managed it... As it stands from here we're like... yeah same old shit... Irony is TNA just signed a new deal (probably worthless in a year) but it shows confidence and commitment that Vince hasn't... hence why it'll need something to "make up"... anyone wanting to bet against a UK Summerslam or Survivor Series right around launch time?

Netflix and Hulu Plus use a Credit Card much like MMO's and other services do where you pay for x ammount of time and either Cancel the subscription before it runs out or you are automatically billed by that same card once the time you already have runs out.

I doubt they will have paper billing as a lot of companies are offering you incentives and discounts to not use paper billing(car insurance,cell phone carries etc). They could possible at some point at cards like mmos and pre-paid cell phones do at some point too for those that dont like giving credit card numbers for these services but then again who knows.

I like the idea Blade. Not sure how big it can get since a lot of people may not be able to keep up with the Network the same way they keep up with Raw but from an entertainment stand point you could make a fun story out of this.

My hidden potential for the network is will this leave WWE less incentive to run so many PPVs? I don't see the benefit of 12 or 13 a year if they have you ten dollars already? For me this is a good thing since I am not that hardcore of a fan. I like the idea of longer storylines. But others may not get their monthly fix under this model. I just don't the incentive for so many PPV's any more. Do they really pull in enough at the gate and merchandise to justify putting on a big Sunday night show?

I could easily see them moving Extreme Rules and Elimination Chamber to the TNA model of being a very special Raw. USA Network would appreciate it and this would be a great time for WWE to do things USA would appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back