TNA Network?

World_Series_Attiude

Occasional Pre-Show
So with all this talks of the WWE Network, it got me to thinking...what if TNA/IW comes up with their own network. Would you watch it ? What kind of shows should be on there ? Could it compete with the WWE network ?

This last question is a what if question...Lately i've been hearing talks about TNA/IW possibitly leaving Spike TV. If TNA/IW was not able to find a network, What do you think about TNA/IW being on the WWE network ?

I would probably watch it if it were free on my cable because I enjoy wrestling...but that would be the quickest way to putting TNA out of business. TNA starting their own network is literally the worst possible thing for them to do. There's now way they could sustain that. The wouldn't even garner any interest in a network from cable providers.

And they would never be on the WWE network. For one, it shows that TNA would be a huge failure if they had to crawl to their market leading competitor to beg for airtime. And second, why would WWE give airtime to their competitor? TNA would benefit 1000x more than it would WWE. WWE would really have no upside here. Of course, if TNA were on the WWE network, I would watch it. But again, not going to happen. Not even a hypothetical chance.

Reactions: IHW
I'm a TNA fan and even I wouldn't watch that shit. Fuck no, I have better things to do. WWE is going to fail epicly pursuing such a moronic project and don't even get me started on what this would do to TNA.

First of all, I would like to know.....are you high? Okay, back to business. 1. "So with all this talks of the WWE Network, it got me to thinking...what if TNA/IW comes up with their own network. Would you watch it ?" ---- No, I wouldn't I hardly even watch impact wrestling now as it is. 2. "What kind of shows should be on there ?"----Dude they've only been around since what...01 02? they don't have enough material to justify having a network of their own. 3. "Could it compete with the WWE network ?"----- LMFAO are you kidding me bro? I can tell you're a lil slow, so ill make it very clear for you.....NO. 4. "This last question is a what if question...Lately i've been hearing talks about TNA/IW possibitly leaving Spike TV. If TNA/IW was not able to find a network, What do you think about TNA/IW being on the WWE network ?"------Dude what kind of fantasy land are you living in? Why the hell would WWE put their competition on their network? I mean I could understand if Vince felt that having TNA on his network would make him money, but they can barely make themselves money, let alone make Vince and WWE money. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be mean man, but what the hell are you thinking by posting this thread? Some of you guys on here will speculate anything, and I mean ANYTHING! My suggestion to you is to delete this thread entirely, before you get made fun of any worse than you already have. If TNA leaves Spike Tv, I think it will be very difficult for them to find another network, maybe they could go back to fox sports?.....Is fox sports network even around anymore? Spike TV and USA really are the only networks that would consider having a wrestling show, and yes I know that SyFy has smackdown but SyFy is under the NBC/USA umbrella, it is their sister station if I'm not mistaken. Honestly you saw what happened to ECW after TNN (now SpikeTV) dropped them, they sank faster than the titanic. ECW was 100x better as a wrestling promotion than TNA could ever hope to be. I'm racking my brain to think of a network that would take TNA on if they were to leave Spike.....but I just cant come up with anything. I think alot of networks would consider, and actually go through with bringing on WWE programming, but WWE is a very well established, successful, GLOBAL juggernaut, and I just dont think the little engine that could known as TNA would have a chance in hell (no pun intended) with any other network, I hope they stay on with Spike, or find another decent network to air their shows on because the wrestling world is way better off with two major promotions, WWE buying WCW was one of the worst things that could've happened to this industry. Once again, I'm sorry for bashing you about your thread, I just, don't know what the hell you were thinking when u wrote and posted this man, I just....hell I don't know....I've been writing too long, I'm done....merry christmas.

I don't mean to insult you, but unless the the officials at TNA are standing around flushing their money down the toilet, and it happens to clog, I don't expect to see a TNA Network.

As far as the WWE featuring TNA on their channel, the WWE barely acknowledges TNA in the first place, and the only way you're ever gonna see TNA on a WWE owned network is if one company buys the other.

If you watch the WWE network's resto matches, you'll see most of the big name TNA superstars, so it will be like watching TNA, only they'll be closer to their primes.

But no, TNA isn't 1/10th as big as it would need to be to even convince execs to think about this idea.

I'm guessing you are young and/or not very business savy.

Having your own network isn't easy. TNA doesn't seem organized enough to have people say "no Alex Shelley, you STILL aren't over, please go somewhere else and learn how to slow down your style and sell a move or two" or "no Jeff Jarrett, you still haven't drawn a dime, go somewhere else and make no one give a shit there", so what on earth makes you think they are organized enough to start their own network? Unless Panda Energy is crazy, I doubt they'd give them the capital to start their own network.

second, WWE has the largest wrestling library in the world, the connections, and the resources to actually provide programming. What's TNA going to show?

I would be all for TNA having more net-driven shows. Those are cheap and easy to make. However, a full fledged network is a horrible idea.

I doubt that TNA would really want to venture into that territory. WWE hasn't even launched their network so its hard to say if it will fail or succeed at this point. Look what happened with the XFL. I might have been one of only a few hundred, maybe thousand fans that enjoyed it. But it had nothing to do with Vince McMahon, but that I'm a football fan. Just because you have the capital to create a business venture doesn't mean that it is destined to be the next big thing. TNA should just stick to what they're doing for the time being.

I don't know what to say. What a remarkable thread.

TNA should probably work on getting worldwide notoriety, achieving a 3.0 or higher in the ratings, employing people with serious no-how, multiplying their video library by ten, and making a bit more money before doing anything resembling a network.

So with all this talks of the WWE Network, it got me to thinking...what if TNA/IW comes up with their own network. Would you watch it ? What kind of shows should be on there ? Could it compete with the WWE network ?

This last question is a what if question...Lately i've been hearing talks about TNA/IW possibitly leaving Spike TV. If TNA/IW was not able to find a network, What do you think about TNA/IW being on the WWE network ?

The WWE has decades and decades of material they can develop their programming from. Not only from the WWE, WWF and WWWF, but the NWA, WCW, AWA, USWA, WCCW, Mid Atlantic, etc. The WWE can create a network because for practical intents and purposes, they own almost the entire history of pro wrestling.

Without completely burying the idea as laughable (even though it is) what would TNA fill the air with? They simply don't have access to the same kind of content the WWE has. In order to create a cable network, you need to have something to broadcast. The WWE does, TNA doesn't.

TNA's tape library goes back a decade. The WWE's tape library covers the entire history of pro wrestling on television.

The only way TNA would ever appear on the WWE Network is if the WWE bought the company beforehand. There is simply no way that WWE would broadcast TNA if they didn't own them. Why should they?

If it took WWE over 50 something years to get their own network than I am pretty sure we are quite the ways away from TNA getting their own network. If TNA was publicly traded and worth over $500 million than yea I could see it.

Why would TNA get on WWE Network? EVen if it were possible, I would rather them fill the time slots with ECW, WCW, NWA, AWA, etc. shows and matches....Superstar biography shows......as well as Legends of the Roundtable and SportsCentre type shows to bring a bigger sense of importance to what goes on during WWE shows....than fill it with the hot garbage TNA produces every week.

Have you guys forgotten that Eric Bishoff and Hulk Hogan work for TNA...the two most creative wrestling minds in the history of the business !Imagine a reality show called "A day in the of AJ Styles" where they follow AJ around for the day while he visits family and his wrestling school. Then another show called "Thill Seeker with Jeff Hardy" watch Jeff defy death over and over again as he travels the world skydiving, swimming with sharks and climbing mountains. Now tell me that you wouldn't that you wouldn't watch that

Have you guys forgotten that Eric Bishoff and Hulk Hogan work for TNA...the two most creative wrestling minds in the history of the business !Imagine a reality show called "A day in the of AJ Styles" where they follow AJ around for the day while he visits family and his wrestling school. Then another show called "Thill Seeker with Jeff Hardy" watch Jeff defy death over and over again as he travels the world skydiving, swimming with sharks and climbing mountains. Now tell me that you wouldn't that you wouldn't watch that

I wouldn't want to watch that and so won't the millions that don't watch TNA. As for Bischoff and Hogan being the two most creative minds in the history of the business is just laughable look at their track record since joining TNA. Follow AJ Styles around nah the guy wouldn't fight for his spot as the guy in TNA. Jeff Hardy wow that's a guy people want to watch on a network do silly stuff even though nobody watches him in the ring. If TNA who unlike WWE has no MNf to fight for ratings with can't consistently get above 2.0 in ratings then no TNA Network won't work. TNA needs to work on being the highest rated show consistently(Ultimate Fighter was the lead in show and it received double the ratings) on a network first before even thinking about having their own network

I've seen all the responses, and my first response was basically along the lines of the masses. But then I started thinking, but not about just a TNA channel, but A wrestling channel.
There is only one way this could possibly work and that is if it were a joint venture. TNA would need to join forces with several other promotions for this to not only work, but to actually compete with the WWE machine. Imagine a channel that not only aired TNA but also other promotions like ROH, AAA, ECCW, AJPW. This would attract tons of viewers, expose fans to other federations, create crossover appeal and potential crossover pay-per views. TNA already has a relationship with AAA and they loosely associate with AJPW or at least some of the wrestlers do so the foundation is there, and could be a great business opportunity should the heads of those 5 families combine forces against the god father himself VKM.

TNA for all its faults has been somewhat better as of late, but they are not to the point where they can stand on their own two feet as far as their own network is concerned, and to address the other point, they would never been on the WWE channel unless they went under or Vince Bought them.

and could be a great business opportunity should the heads of those 5 families combine forces against the god father himself VKM.

And then Vince McMahon offers them TV deals that dwarf anything TNA can offer, and your whole fantasy falls apart. The reality is that if any of those indie/foreign organizations had much to offer McMahon, he would have already negotiated deals with them. (it's possible that he already has, and that some of them will already be a part of the WWE Network)

By the way, since you went and referenced the Godfather...how well did that whole plotting against the Corleone family thing work out for them?

By the way, since you went and referenced the Godfather...how well did that whole plotting against the Corleone family thing work out for them?
Good point, but the godfather in this instance is played by VKM, and HHH is no Michael Corleone....he's more like Fredo. If Fredo was in charge there would not have been a god father part 2.

Yes each of them could be offered a time slot on Vince's channel, but why accept the crumbs from someone elses plate when you can have your very own piece of the pie. Seperate all those wrestling federations are small in comparison, but combine them on to one network where, for just one example, each would take a portion of the revenue from advertising as opposed to getting nothing from that from just having a set time slot on Vince's channel.
I know I would watch a channel like this.

This will not be in TNA's future for decades, if ever. At this point in time, an attempt to launch their own network would, in my opinion, ultimately lead to the demise of TNA.

Here's the thing: just because WWE does something or tries to do something doesn't automatically mean that TNA has the remotest chance of pulling off the same thing. WWE has decades of history and television credibility. They have a wrestling tape library containing in excess of 100,000 hours of footage, they've taken out a $200 million loan to help launch the network that TNA probably wouldn't be able to get because they don't have the history, they don't have the name value, they don't have the mainstream media connections that WWE has and continues to forge.

Besides, there's no guarantee that the WWE Network will succeed. It might ultimately wind up being a failure. I dunno yet because I haven't seen any of the shows. It's just too bad that some fans have already decided to make their minds up to hate the whole concept without even remotely giving it a chance, or even entertaining the possibility that it could produce entertaining programming. But, that's the internet for you.

Yes each of them could be offered a time slot on Vince's channel, but why accept the crumbs from someone elses plate when you can have your very own piece of the pie. Seperate all those wrestling federations are small in comparison, but combine them on to one network where, for just one example, each would take a portion of the revenue from advertising as opposed to getting nothing from that from just having a set time slot on Vince's channel.
I know I would watch a channel like this.

Because the crumbs from Vince's table will be bigger?

You don't get it. It's not about what YOU would watch. It's about what average people would watch. They KNOW the WWE Brand name. Whether you like it or not, when most people think of wrestling, they think of the WWE, not TNA, not ROH. In order to get a wrestling network off of the ground, you need to convince the cable providers to air it. The WWE has name brand recognition, TNA may have a small amount of name brand recognition, but I can guarantee you that most investors in a wrestling channel wouldn't have heard about the other companies at all. TNA just isn't big enough to be the marquee name in a collaborative effort to compete with the WWE Network. You have to think like a TV Executive, not just as a wrestling fan.

Just because you can sell two hours of programming a week to a second tier cable network doesn't mean you can carry an audience 24/7. Completely different animals. The combined name brand recognition of TNA, ROH, AJPW, AAA, and everyone else just isn't the same as that of the WWE.

I get that a lot of TNA fans think that TNA's product is vastly superior to the WWE's. I think your dead wrong, but this isn't about the product. It's about getting people to watch. Television is not about the quality of the show, it's about quantity of the viewers. There are lots of really well written TV shows that got cancelled due to low ratings, and a lot of really crappy TV shows that go on for years because for some reason or another, people watch anyway.

You think that there is this HUGE untapped market of potential wrestling viewers who would watch Japanese, Mexican and local indy feds that are 20 bucks away from bankruptcy and it simply isn't true. It's a niche market only. The amount of people that actually try to find these things online is very, very small. Most people simply don't give a damn. They might give it a try the first night...then when they get frustrated that they can't understand the Japanese or Mexican announcers, or get annoyed with the single camera setup of these indy feds (assuming they even have ONE TV camera at their disposal) that wrestle in front of 50 people in a high school gymnasium, they will change the channel because it looks like amateur hour.

Further, do you REALLY think that Vince McMahon didn't have his people do research on the potential impact of bringing in organizations from other countries, some of the indy leagues already? Do you really think he didn't do his homework before submitting his proposal to create a WWE Network to investors, to Comcast, to Dish Network, etc? Of course he did.

And like I said...we don't know that the WWE channel WON'T be broadcasting some of that stuff. There is still a lot about the WWE channel, what it will and won't be airing that is unknown to the general public.

You are just wishfully thinking. The entire concept, once you start digging and looking at the details, what would have to happen for it to succeed, etc, is simply ludicrous. We don't even know if the WWE Network will work or not, and you have a rag tag group of wrestling promotions trying to form an alliance to compete with it?

LMAO holy shit did that really just happen....isnt there some rule on these forums againt 10 year olds posting? and please do not tell me you are any older then that because honestly if you are a day older, then you are a ****** plain and simple. i cannot honestly even begin to fathom what i just read in that post. couldnt even begin. lmfao seriously what is going on...

If there's one thing TNA can't try to "one-up" WWE in, it's a Network. The reason is because of the countless hours of television WWE has in their library. TNA has a library that goes back a decade, while WWE has NWA, AWA, WCW, ECW, and older broadcast's of RAW and Smackdown. They have reality shows like "Legends House," which if they have the Shiek on it, it'll be one of the most entertaining shows on television. They will have Superstars and NXT on it, maybe possibly FCW if they can. They may have their B-PPV's on it, they can show their movies, a roundtable discussion, a preview show for RAW.

No, TNA won't have a network. They don't have enough material to have a Network. But don't put it past TNA to mention "the company up north has a network that will fail."

I don’t think TNA has enough of anything to have its own Network. They, as a company, will turn 10 years old this coming May. The WWE has more Kings of the Ring than TNA has years. What I mean is, TNA doesn’t have the catalog the WWE has to put out a full Network. WWE has over 50 years (guesstimated) of archived footage from other companies / territories at their disposal, and even Vince is having a tough time launching the WWE Network.

I think it would be in TNA’s best interest to try and get a time slot or 3 (Impact, Xplosion, and Reaction, all 2 hours each) on the WWE Network. As a matter of fact, I think ROH should as well. In exchange for the time slots, TNA and ROH can give WWE access to their video library to produce some great compilation shows. Instead of trying to monopolize the business, the WWE should try to expand. This could also give the WWE about 8 hours a week of television that they themselves don’t have to produce for their Network. Win / Win!!

Dear Mr OP, No! TNA can't make a network, firstly, ALL there stuff Is FTA in the UK, (were there most popular outside the states). Secondly the main question about WWE network is what will they air, WWE owns so much they can fill a network, 24/7 but dose TNA? How many truly epic moments have there been in TNA? WCW had the shockmaster, hogans turn, goldbergs streak. (shockmaster is a legendary moment for wrestling. bad can be legendary) WWE has Austin 3:16 says I just whooped ur ass, the screwjob, the boyhood dream, rock hogan, Dx invades WCW, TLC, Elimination chamber, Foleys catalog of WTF,

TNA needs to do something of importance to wrestling, (not hogan.. Flair.. Morrison..) before they think of having a second show.. Before they evan think of going live everyweek, light years away from a network,

As to TNA being on WWE network, oh it will be... After Vince buys it for $1

With UFC gone, Spike could outright buy TNA and turn their channel into a wrestling-only network even calling it Impact Wrestling Channel.

Okay_wtf_reaction.gif

Trot said:
As to TNA being on WWE network, oh it will be... After Vince buys it for $1

wtf_Im_out.gif

1. I don't think wrestling is a hot commodity right now. Hot enough to deserve its own Network. Not only is it not a hot commodity, but we're talking TNA here. They draw between the 1.0 and 1.2 mark constantly. By that logic there should be a Jersey Shore Channel. Imagine what atrocity that would be and why do I think there is such a thing already? Eh, either way, I hope you were sarcastic.

2. Go back under the bridge, Trot.

There's nothing watchable on that damn network other than Impact Wrestling and Deadliest Warriors! They have nothing to lose and all the elements are in place to do this. They could create an environment for people to show their wrestling promotion on their channel, even creating a few more themselves. Hell TNA helped launched a new wrestling promotion this very year with their India progect. They could show it on Spike. Spike could also strike a deal with the ROH owners. The sky's the limit. There's no reason why this couldn't be done. You could even have a one hour Impact Wrestling show every day, one for the Knockouts, one for the X Division, one could be a ReAction-type show like we had in 2010, a retro TNA show, plus the usual Impact Wrestling re-runs. Then Spike could buy wrestling tapes libraries and show old promotions.

No, absolutely not. It's bad enough that WWE is getting their own channel. TNA struggle enough trying to get more people to watch Impact. How would they possibly be able to get people devoted to an entire channel? It could help some of the wrestlers get more exposure, so the idea does have its positives. One cannot ignore the huge issue that would have to be overcome though, and that is how TNA could get enough people to watch the channel. It would never be able to compete with WWE's channel. Remember when TNA tried to put Impact up against Raw? It would be like that, only on a much larger scale. TNA would be in a world of trouble. Finally, TNA would never be on the WWE network. WWE may not verbally acknowledge that TNA are a competitor, but with TNA being the #2 federation it does make them a rival and WWE would never help a rival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back