The Network = Look Inside For Answer

Will The "Network" be revealed as Dixie Carter

• Yes

• No

• Who Cares

Results are only viewable after voting.

matt_hud

Occasional Pre-Show
I dont believe there is a thread on this yet as I couldnt find any, however if there is I appologize for the error...

So I was watching TNA and I got to thinking how sick I am of hearing about the "Network" then it hit me...

I think the The "Network" will be revealed to be Dixie Carter...

I figure since Hogan is running the company and stole it from Dixie that Spike TV will play the we dont like Hogan in charge card so since TNA is on their "Network" they have hired Dixie to basically run TNA from a distance forcing Hogan & Bischoff to do stuff they arn't wanting to...

It think with the crap TNA has been putting out lately this "Network" angle if my hunch is right might be the only decent storyline outside of Fortune TNA has going...

Plausible and makes sense.
Wasn't the last time we saw Sting before his title shot, blowing off Dixie? Then again, TNA is pretty good at creating loopholes, so that entire scenes going to be ignored.
All the decisions from the network thus far fall into her character, plus she's been off screen ever since the NC Impact.

I think "The Network" is Spike TV...

For years we have heard about Spike wanting TNA to have more stars so TNA got more stars. We heard about Spike giving TNA a second show with ReAction and Spike wanting to do an all KnockOut Show and how Spike does this and that or how Spike TV doesnt like male on female violence thats why we rarely see that (I remember watching Justin Crediable attack Jazz during ECW ON TNN and they litterally blurred out the whole thing)...so...The Network/Spike TV has ALWAYS done this.

So, instead of you or I reading it on wrestlezone or anywhere else TNA is basically going yeaah The Network wants more latino demographic so we are going to push SuperMex...or The Network wants ratings (which all networks do it would stupid to pretend they dont) so Sting gets a title shot and to be honest they as a network do have somewhat the final say in things...we have seen USA's impact on WWE when they want a three hour show or they wanna see more of a certain person over another....

Although, tonight Hogan said that he thinks its someone running The Network with a Wrestling Mind...this could just simply be an opening for Russo to return to an on air role or Heyman or Eric turning on Hogan. It doesnt have to be a wrestler and doesnt have to be Dixie...

It doesnt have to be anyone related to Wrestling...Hogan was just thinking out loud that it could be someone with a wrestling mind....

And to me the person would be "hired" by Spike TV/The Network and NOT TNA thus making it literally ANYONE...

Plausible and makes sense.
Wasn't the last time we saw Sting before his title shot, blowing off Dixie? Then again, TNA is pretty good at creating loopholes, so that entire scenes going to be ignored.
All the decisions from the network thus far fall into her character, plus she's been off screen ever since the NC Impact.

Pish posh. Sting was trying to warn Dixie about what Bisch and Hogan were doing and she ignored him. If it is Dixie then they could play it like its her way of saying shes sorry and that Sting was right all along. Its not a loophole or any of that stupid shit people like you constantly complain about.

I think "The Network" is Spike TV...

For years we have heard about Spike wanting TNA to have more stars so TNA got more stars. We heard about Spike giving TNA a second show with ReAction and Spike wanting to do an all KnockOut Show and how Spike does this and that or how Spike TV doesnt like male on female violence thats why we rarely see that (I remember watching Justin Crediable attack Jazz during ECW ON TNN and they litterally blurred out the whole thing)...so...The Network/Spike TV has ALWAYS done this.

So, instead of you or I reading it on wrestlezone or anywhere else TNA is basically going yeaah The Network wants more latino demographic so we are going to push SuperMex...or The Network wants ratings (which all networks do it would stupid to pretend they dont) so Sting gets a title shot and to be honest they as a network do have somewhat the final say in things...we have seen USA's impact on WWE when they want a three hour show or they wanna see more of a certain person over another....

Although, tonight Hogan said that he thinks its someone running The Network with a Wrestling Mind...this could just simply be an opening for Russo to return to an on air role or Heyman or Eric turning on Hogan. It doesnt have to be a wrestler and doesnt have to be Dixie...

It doesnt have to be anyone related to Wrestling...Hogan was just thinking out loud that it could be someone with a wrestling mind....

And to me the person would be "hired" by Spike TV/The Network and NOT TNA thus making it literally ANYONE...

I think you're kind of mixing up kayfabe and non kayfabe here. In terms of Spike wanting TNA to have more stars and giving them second shows thats reality and is actual buisness. In terms of the network creating matches thats kayfabe and storyline.

I can see the Network being Dixie in some sort of form purely because I don't see how else they get Dixie back in charge of the company. They made it seem semi legal by having the 'court case', even if the base of the storyline is totally impossible, and now they need a way to get Dixie back in a fighting position. The 'Network' would do that.

I don't really think its just Dixie but a group of people who are trying to reclaim TNA for her. I think its Sting, Foley, Dixie, and certain members of Fourtune, the problem is they will screw it up if they do a reveal any time soon. If they continue it slowly and start taking little bits of power from Hogan/Bish it might be pretty decent to watch as they are trying to figure out why and how they can't make certain decisions to what is going on. For example: Hogan makes a match between say Anderson and RVD, and Eric's phone rings right there on the spot and says no its got to be between RVD and Jay Lethal. Something like that and makes Anderson go crazy along with Hogan and Eric. Keep it going until Hogan has to get approval for all matches prior to announcing them and then it be revealed that its this group of people taking back their company from him in a totally different manner.

I hope they follow through with this one as it is interesting. But track record says it might never be explained. I hope it is heymen it wont be but that would be a huge shock.

My bet is that its Bischoff turning on Hogan. Why you ask? Well think about it, he was not as pissed about the network like Hogan was last night. Ok maybe he acts this way because he is more of a relaxed dude but still it was strange. Another thing he didn't come out with Hogan in the last segment, when Anderson screwed over Hogan by making him think he was part of Immortal (he might still join at Lockdown). So could it be Bischoff? Maybe we have to wait and see.

I have seen ALOT of interesting names mentioned but one, but before I say who WZMember#### this is a story line that WCW used yrs ago before the Monday Night Wars so that is exactly what it is. As far as who is the one behind the Network

Foley is a great Idea he "is a shareholder" of TNA if you all recall and he has been quiet and liked Dixie

But he is not my pick my pick is the 1 Man who could never stand Hogan and never seems to be around when the Network "attacks" most of the time and that is RIC FLAIR.

I say it's Paul Heyman! It's just to much stuff going on that's ECW like that it's hard to think it could be anyone else! R.V.D. Seems more motivated then ever and using alot of his old Ecw catchphrases! This has to be Heyman IMO! And no one else, Just wonder when he will be revealed and what will that do for TNA?

Realistically its Dixie thats the only feasible option to be behind the "Network" right now. Also iv seen alot of people say the want it to be or that it is Paul Heyman. Personally i would like to see ShaneOMac be the "wrestling mind" behind the whole "Network" thing. But thinking realistically it has to be Dixie.

"They're thinkin' like a wrestler". Those were Hulk Hogan's words, and by God I hope it is indeed one wrestler and not Dixie Carter. No, I would not mind if it is indeed Sting even if it may be somewhat lackluster. I just don't want yet another authority figure that doesn't wrestle popping up and needing it's own faction to continue pushing his/her weight over Immortal. However one particular exception does come to mind. Ric Flair. To be honest, it will always seem ridiculous of him to build Fortune and just split from them and abandon them the way he did. It just seemed abrupt and unfinished.

Well there is another way Dixie could control TNA and not be the network. Remember back when that court case was won by Hogan and he gained control. He told Carter that she's the money and he runs TNA. Well there's the Golden Rule. He who has the gold, makes the rules.

Now as far as the Network representative I'm leaning towards Bishoff. Think about what Hogan said. The network seems to be a step ahead of us. They are thinking like a wrestler. He knows the plans that him and Hogan have. And he has experience in running a wrestling company.

Now there is also another possibility. Jeff Jarrett. Just like Bishoff he, He has experience in the wrestling business, he is a member of Immortal and probably has some insight on plans and such, though maybe not as much as Bishoff. But he also has one more thing. He's the founder of TNA. One can argue that he wants his company back.

Now there is also another possibility. Jeff Jarrett. Just like Bishoff he, He has experience in the wrestling business, he is a member of Immortal and probably has some insight on plans and such, though maybe not as much as Bishoff. But he also has one more thing. He's the founder of TNA. One can argue that he wants his company back.

Humm, forgot about Jarrett. That makes sense because he did founded TNA so he could want his company. The only problem is that right now he is involved in a feud with Angle at the moment, so its kind of illogical for him to turn face. If the feud was over, then i could have said that jarrett was the man behind the network.

I just thought of something. Hogan said that "they're thinking like a wrestler". What if the "rat" in The Network WAS Hulk Hogan? Over the last few weeks we've seen how Hogan comes out, praises RVD and says he likes him. Then he praises Anderson as well. Sure they're breaking his rules, but Hogan wants 100% control of TNA and the only way to do that is to be with The Network. I'm not sure how TNA could explain that (if there is a way), but is it possible that the answer is closer than we thought?

Maybe he can somehow align with Dixie and The Network, for whatever reason and lead a battle against Bischoff or something. Just figured I'd throw that option out there.

Oh boy I really hope it is not Dixie!

I can't see it being Heyman. I just don't think TNA really wants him, nor does he want to be with TNA.

I'll reserve my opinion of who may be behind "The Network" because I just don't have a good prediction yet.

I do like this angle though. It parallels the RAW GM angle without totally ripping it off. It is keeping me interested for sure.

I just thought of something. Hogan said that "they're thinking like a wrestler". What if the "rat" in The Network WAS Hulk Hogan? Over the last few weeks we've seen how Hogan comes out, praises RVD and says he likes him. Then he praises Anderson as well. Sure they're breaking his rules, but Hogan wants 100% control of TNA and the only way to do that is to be with The Network. I'm not sure how TNA could explain that (if there is a way), but is it possible that the answer is closer than we thought?

Maybe he can somehow align with Dixie and The Network, for whatever reason and lead a battle against Bischoff or something. Just figured I'd throw that option out there.

I don't see it happening. Immortal turning on themselves would be fruitless.

If you ask me, if "they're thinking like a wrestler", then "they" (not again...) is Mick Foley.

Foley already had his bout with Immortal pre-Immortal when he was forced into retirement by Bischoff — who better to be the "wrestling mind" behind "The Network" than Mick?

I was thinking Mick Foley. he is someone who could go against Immortal.

I never thought of Ric Flair before. I do think it could make sense to be Flair to go against Hogan/Bischoff who he really doesn't fit with Hogan/Bischoff/Immortal anymore, but I'm not sure this is the way to have that happen. if Flair wasn't one of the 4 in the cage against Fortune/Daniels then I could see it more.

Bischoff is a wrestling mind, but he has been attacked by faces.

Hogan is someone I have wondered about in the past for turning back to face. you have to think the group of Immortal at some point is going to end, but seeing that Hogan is running TNA, could Hogan remain heel and still have Immortal be done? I may have forgotten, but has Hogan himself actually done anything recently to any of the faces? I know he had Anderson on the most recent Impact, but nothing happened before Sting came out. but then again, would this work to have Hogan and Sting face?

I doubt it's Jarrett. I can't see him turning face with the way things are going with Kurt Angle, who you know will continue to be face.

I'm still thinking Mick Foley.

I say it's Paul Heyman! It's just to much stuff going on that's ECW like that it's hard to think it could be anyone else! R.V.D. Seems more motivated then ever and using alot of his old Ecw catchphrases! This has to be Heyman IMO! And no one else, Just wonder when he will be revealed and what will that do for TNA?

I say its heyman and i pray its heyman.

I say its heyman and i pray its heyman.

No Chance in Hell, Heyman doesn't like Bischoff so there is no chance of him being behind "The Network". Of course i could be wrong nobody is perfect, but i doubt Heyman is the one. Shane Mcmahon as a better chance of being the one behind "The Network" and even thats a stretch.

not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but my guess is the "network" is Eric Bischoff. They've been dropping hints lately that he's been in Hogan's shadow and riding his coat tails for years. This last week Hogan told Bischoff that he better take care of the network thing to which he left and was on the way out to do something. Ever since they've been in TNA there have been hints of the tension between the two. The network angle could be a way for Bischoff to finally have power over Hogan.

Doesn't this "Network" that is calling a lot of the shots around TNA remind you of the RAW's "Mystery GM"?
Someone is calling the shots and no one knows who it is...

Why doesn't TNA stop riding WWE's ideas?

Well it was reported that Mick Foley was SUPPOSED to be revealed as the Network but he has refused to go along with it and he doesn't plan to re-up when his contract expires...so now its gonna wind up being retooled and exposed as someone else who will make no sense...

It just seems that this is par for the course with TNA...they start angles that get dropped midway because they didn't think to lock up the needed talent prior to its launch...

The last debacle with MEM comes to mind with Booker and Nash jumpin back to WWE...

Well it was reported that Mick Foley was SUPPOSED to be revealed as the Network but he has refused to go along with it and he doesn't plan to re-up when his contract expires...so now its gonna wind up being retooled and exposed as someone else who will make no sense...

It just seems that this is par for the course with TNA...they start angles that get dropped midway because they didn't think to lock up the needed talent prior to its launch...

The last debacle with MEM comes to mind with Booker and Nash jumpin back to WWE...

What you said could be true, but you have to wait and see. Mick Foley might have been an option, but like i said in another post it could be Bischoff and it would work simply because of the shock value.

Doesn't this "Network" that is calling a lot of the shots around TNA remind you of the RAW's "Mystery GM"?
Someone is calling the shots and no one knows who it is...

Why doesn't TNA stop riding WWE's ideas?

Uh, you realize the "Network" angle was done by Paul Heyman years before the WWE ever came up with that ridiculous anonymous GM, right?

I suggest you know what you're talking about before you come in here trying to spout off TNA insults like you're educating the rest of us on something we don't know about.

If anything, this angle is a retooling of the angle Heyman ran, and welcome to the world of professional wrestling, guy. Everything is a rehash, and everything is a retool.

As for the topic, I wanted this so badly to be Mick Foley. It's gonna blow if this is just Dixie Carter again — we've already been down that road not but a few weeks back with the whole court-case power struggle.

Really sucks that Foley doesn't intend to re-sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back