Was TNAonDemand.com the Beginnings of the WWE Network?

ECPirate37

Pre-Show Stalwart
I have looked for a post on this, and haven't seen one. I used to be a member of TNA OnDemand and loved it. It was so cool getting to watch all of the old product that was on before I started watching. It had PayPerViews and exclusive programming, just like the WWE Network has.

I was sad when they stopped the service. I can't remember how much I paid for it. I know I started it so that I could watch Destination X Pay Per View. I think it was a deal where I got one with the other, but can't remember which I paid for.

Anyway, the point of this thread is, does anyone else remember it? And if you had it, does the WWE Network not seem to be an almost identical thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUR9_g2Ac7s

Never used TNA on Demand, but I would say no. That ground work IMO was put in place by WWE 24/7 and again with WWE on Demand.

Thanks for the feedback. I am not too familiar with the WWE 24/7. I didn't think Classics on Demand had new content and included PPV.

When they shut it down, they said they were "retooling" it so I thought they would include every ppv live, but now you can't even stream their ppv on the internet. That seems like a big step back. I no longer have DirecTV and so streaming is what i like to do.

Thanks again for the feedback guys. I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say.

Video Vault was the name of it. It was a subscription site ($19.95 a month if I recall) that had every PPV and DVD already aired or released on it. They took it down in 2010 if memory serves due to minimal subscriptions and instead opted to upload to YouTube and feature PPV's and DVD's as premium content. It's worked far better as old PPV's are just $1 so there's no pressure to commit.

WWE Took On Demand TV and added it to a Network like the NHL network nothing really special. Someone else would have came up with it sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back