WWE Hall Of Fame: Class Of 2014

Going to nominate the person who I have for the past 3 years. Jim Johnston. He's been with WWE since 1985, who else has been solidly employed by WWE that long? His contribution to WWE has benefited 90% if not more of superstars since then and how often does he get acknowledged? Can't remember a time (outside WWE cd releases) when he's been seen let alone mentioned on TV. 100% deserves it in my opinion.

I think the Hall of Fame should try to nod every generation of wrestling fan to gather as much interest as possible, so for that reason I'd have these five as my picks

The nWo - Just bring Hall, Hogan, Nash and Bischoff (reportedly done with TNA) on stage
Jake Roberts
Lita
The Freebirds
Brian Pillman

Would touch base with 70s/80s fans, early 90s, Attitude Era and modern fans and would be an interesting mix. For guys to put them in you could have Goldberg (nWo), DDP (Jake Roberts), Edge or Trish (Lita), Jimmy Garvin (Freebirds) and Austin or Bret Hart (Pillman)

Paul Bearer is locked in for 2014, that has been made public for months, since his passing. There is the posthumous induction for this year. I have no issue nWo being inducted, they made a HUGE impact in pro wrestling, and Hulk Hogan has just as much right to be inducted twice as Ric Flair, considering Hogan is a WWE lad and Flair was more notably a NWA/WCW guy for the most part. Whether Ulitmate Warrior would be willing to share a stage with Hogan and co is up in the air....Here is my Class of 2014...

PAUL BEARER: Inducted by Undertaker, to me this is a no-brainer and would be perfectly suited to his career as a manager for years in nearly every wrestling company worth its salt from the early 80s.
ULTIMATE WARRIOR: One of the most over guys in WWE history during his 1987-1991 run. Hmm who to induct him is an interesting one, he would probably want to induct himself.
RICK MARTEL: Former AWA World Champion and a veteran of AWA, WWF/E,WCW.
JAKE ROBERTS: One of the greatest characters of all time, has got himself clean and in good shape, thoroughyl deserved.
SABLE: With Brock on the books, wouldnt be surprised if this was part of the contract, though she does keep a very private profile these days, but the Attitude ear was largely huge because of talent like Sable
DEMOLITION: The first 3 time WWE Tag Team Champions, although Vince rip off of the Road Warriors, Eadie and Darsow also had splid careers pre Demolition. Whether WWE would acknowledge the Masked Superstar(AX) or Darsow's stint in NWA as a russian sympathiser??? dont know, but probably not.
MICHAEL HAYES/FABULOUS FREEBIRDS: If nWo get inducted, then the Freebirds wont, but Hayes is a company man and as mentioned with Mania 30 being in Louisiana,a Southern gimmick or star would be appropriate. I fear his drinking and racist/idiotic behaviour may be a stumbling block
Not sure who the HEADLINE inductee should be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back