WWE HALL OF FAME 2014 INDUCTEES

thebarber

Mid-Card Championship Winner
With Ulitmate Warrior being the first official inductee for this year, I would be interested to see who you guys think should be inducted also. As it is yet to be revealed if he will be the headline inductee or not, the list for Mnaia 30 I would imagine would be a star studded line up without too many mid card acts or backstage staff who are yet to be inducted.
I do remember last year when Paul Bearer passed away, it was reported that he would be inducted at the 2014 Hall of Fame ceremony.
Keping this in mind, my class of 2014, with reasons why are as follows:

VINCE MCMAHON: The guy who created Wrestlemania, the visionary who made WWE the company it is today. To me for his induction, this is the perfect setting. I feel he should be the headline induction, the man Vince McMahon, not the character. I have no issues which member of, or all of the McMahion family induct him.

ULTIMATE WARRIOR: Confirmed this past Monday on Raw, he needs no further explanation
PAUL BEARER: Again I believe he will be inducted based on reports from last year.
LEILANI KAI: Went into Wrestlemania 1 as the WWE Womens Champion, also appeared at Wrestlemania 10 also.
JAKE ROBERTS: Having cleaned himself up and looking in great shape, Snake Roberts is another major star who is not in the HOF who most deservedly should be.
DEMOLITION: The first 3 time WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPS, regardless of other gimmicks both Edaie and Darsow had during ntheir vast WWF/E runs, I would love to see this tag team inducted.
MIKE ROTUNDO: Wrestled at the first Mania, a 5 time WWE Tag Team Champion and had a solid run as Irwin R Schyster. He was a collegiate wrestler, had success in all companies he wrestled. Being an agent wont hurt his chances either

celebrity Inductee: MR T. Wrestled in the main event of the first Mania and appeared in a boxing farce with Piper at Mania 2. Should already be there really.

Lex Luger might be a potential candidate for the HOF this year. He was a multiple time NWA/WCW champion. In WWE he was the first man to slam Yokozuna and was in the main event in of Summerslam in 93 and won the Rumble with Bret Hart in 94. He's wasn't great in the ring or on the mic but but he had the look and the charisma helped him become a big star in the wrestling business. He seems to be back on good terms with WWE and has been featured on there website and on DVDs.

true. but being Werestlemnia 30, I see Vincer sticking to WWE guys, nort guys who made their name mainly in WCW. Vader, Great Muta would be more deserving than Luger, but Im thinking guys like Luger will go in down the track, but not this year

With Ulitmate Warrior being the first official inductee for this year, I would be interested to see who you guys think should be inducted also. As it is yet to be revealed if he will be the headline inductee or not, the list for Mnaia 30 I would imagine would be a star studded line up without too many mid card acts or backstage staff who are yet to be inducted.
I do remember last year when Paul Bearer passed away, it was reported that he would be inducted at the 2014 Hall of Fame ceremony.
Keping this in mind, my class of 2014, with reasons why are as follows:

VINCE MCMAHON: The guy who created Wrestlemania, the visionary who made WWE the company it is today. To me for his induction, this is the perfect setting. I feel he should be the headline induction, the man Vince McMahon, not the character. I have no issues which member of, or all of the McMahion family induct him.

ULTIMATE WARRIOR: Confirmed this past Monday on Raw, he needs no further explanation
PAUL BEARER: Again I believe he will be inducted based on reports from last year.
LEILANI KAI: Went into Wrestlemania 1 as the WWE Womens Champion, also appeared at Wrestlemania 10 also.
JAKE ROBERTS: Having cleaned himself up and looking in great shape, Snake Roberts is another major star who is not in the HOF who most deservedly should be.
DEMOLITION: The first 3 time WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPS, regardless of other gimmicks both Edaie and Darsow had during ntheir vast WWF/E runs, I would love to see this tag team inducted.
MIKE ROTUNDO: Wrestled at the first Mania, a 5 time WWE Tag Team Champion and had a solid run as Irwin R Schyster. He was a collegiate wrestler, had success in all companies he wrestled. Being an agent wont hurt his chances either

celebrity Inductee: MR T. Wrestled in the main event of the first Mania and appeared in a boxing farce with Piper at Mania 2. Should already be there really.

You forgot the Hogan/T vs. Piper/Paul match lmao. I can't believe they're actually considering inducting a MATCH. It's unbelievable.

I'm probably missing a bunch of people, but here are all the guys I think should go in in the next 20 years.

Pioneers:

• Frank Gotch
• George Hackenschmidt
• Ed "Strangler" Lewis
• Jim Londos
• Joe Stecher
• Lou Thesz
• Édouard Carpentier
• Orville Brown
• John Pesek
• Ed Don George
• Wild Bill Longson
• Martin Burns
• William Muldoon
• Stanislaus Zbyszko
• Wladek Zbyszko
• Gus Sonnenberg
• Angelo Savoldi
• Earl Caddock
• Tom Jenkins
• Peter Sauer
• Danny McShain
• Evan Lewis
• "Wild" Red Berry
• Bronko Nagurski
• Everett Marshall
• Abe Coleman
• Maurice Tillet
• Dick Shikat
• Steve Casey
• Sandor Szabo
• Leroy McGuirk

Main Eventers: Guys who have consistently been top guys for a long time.

• Stan Stasiak (boggles my mind how he hasn't been inducted already)
• Randy Savage
• Owen Hart
• The Undertaker
• The Rock
• Triple H
• Vince McMahon
• Kevin Nash
• Scott Hall
• Sycho Sid
• John "Bradshaw" Layfield
• Big Van Vader
• Gene Kiniski
• Diamond Dallas Page
• Lex Luger
• Kane
• The Big Show
• Kurt Angle
• John Cena
• CM Punk
• Alberto Del Rio
• Rey Mysterio
• Randy Orton
• Batista
• Chris Jericho
• Brock Lesnar
• Rob Van Dam
• Shane McMahon
• Christian
• Jeff Jarrett
• Mark Henry
• Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Legends outside WWE/B]
• Eddie Graham
• Billy Robinson
• Killer Karl Kox
• King Curtis Iaukea
• Baron von Raschke
• Bruiser Brody
• Stan Hansen
• Dick Slater
• Carlos Colón
• Mario Milano
• Bearcat Wright
• Don Leo Jonathan
• Dick the Bruiser
• Mark Lewin
• Mr. Wrestling II
• Jody Hamilton
• "Playboy" Buddy Rose
• Angelo Poffo
• Dick Beyer
• The Crusher
• Ole Anderson
• Giant Baba
• The Great Muta
• Mitsuharu Misawa
• Perro Aguayo
• Dos Caras
• Mil Máscaras
• Dan Severn

Mid-Carders or Non-Wrestlers
• The Honky Tonk Man
• Marty Jannetty
• Bad News Brown
• "Dr. Death" Steve Williams
• The Big Boss Man
• S.D. Jones
• Hercules Hernandez
• Doink the Clown
• Dominic DeNucci
• The Mountie
• Marc Mero
• Brian Pillman
• Wahoo McDaniel
• William Regal
• Rick Martel
• The Honky Tonk Man
• Jim Neidhart
• Ken Shamrock
• Goldust
• Val Venis
• Brian "Crush" Adams
• Ahmed Johnson
• Adrian Adonis
• Hector Guerrero
• Lord Alfred Hayes
• Brad Armstrong
• Chris Kanyon
• Paul Bearer
• Chris Adams
• Chavo Guerrero
• Lance Storm
• Dean Malenko
• Raven
• Paul Jones
• Mr. Wrestling
• Steve McMichael
• Magnum T.A.
• Paul Heyman
• Joey Styles
• Carlos Cabrera
• Jim Johnston

Women of Wrestling
• Luna Vachon
• Miss Elisabeth
• Mildred Burke
• Bertha Faye
• Lita
• Linda McMahon
• Stephanie McMahon
• Lillian Garcia
• Cora Combs
• June Byers
• Penny Banner
• Betty Niccoli
• Victoria

Tag Teams
• Demolition
• The Fabulous Freebirds
• The British Bulldogs
• The Fabulous Kangaroos
• The Fabulous Ones
• The New Age Outlaws
• The Headbangers
• The Headshrinkers
• Well Dunn
• The Moondogs
• The Natural Disasters
• The Midnight Express
• The Rock-n-Roll Express
• The Minnesota Wrestling Crew
• The Public Enemy
• The Pitbulls
• The Dudley Boys
• The Hardy Boys
• The Nasty Boys
• The Steiner Brothers
• The Full Blooded Italians
• The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart is already in)
• Edge and Christian (Edge is already in though)
• Hollywood Blonds (Steve Austin is already in too)
• The U.S. Express (Barry Windham is already in)
• Money, Inc. (Ted DiBiase is already in)
• The Rockers (Shawn Michaels is already in)
• The New World Order (Hulk Hogan is already in)
• The Acolytes/APA (Ron Simmons is already in)
• D-Generation X (Shawn is already in)
• Los Guerreros (Eddie is already in)
• Harlem Heat (Booker T is already in)
• The Dream Team (Greg Valentine is already in)

Celebrities
• Andy Kaufman
• Lawrence Taylor
• Muhammad Ali
• Mr. T
• David Arquette
• Dennis Rodman
• Cyndi Lauper
• William Shatner
• Floyd "Money" Mayweather
• Aretha Franklin

I replied in a thread very similar to this one back in November so I'll just re-post it here. So far I was right about the Warrior (I guess it was obvious :) )

Ultimate Warrior I had a feeling Warrior and the WWE were mending bridges and with it being the 30th Mania who better to lead this year's class. He defiantly will be this year's headliner. It's hard to say who would induct him but I would go with VKM to put more closure to their feud, or an immediate family member of the Warrior's or a close friend that may be outside the wrestling business perhaps a celebrity.

Jake The Snake 2nd ballot name I believe rumored to have been a part of this year's class as well. Dibiase can induct Jake.

Paul Bearer You gotta have at least 1 posthumous inductee. He was from the south as well so it ties in right. Maybe both Kane and Taker can induct him and Paul Bearer's sons will accept the ring and make the speech. It wouldn't be strange to see Taker out of character that night. He's on some WWE videos where he is out of character anyway.

I think they might have one more posthumous inductee and I believe it would either be Randy Savage or Owen Hart. Only because I've been hearing that the WWE made piece with their surviving family members. I thought I heard Lanny wouldn't have a problem to see his brother inducted and things are also apparently ok with Owen's wife and the E

NWO Our faction/Tag team of the class. If in fact Hogan is available around Mania season, and Scott Hall is getting much better I see Hogan, Nash & Hall going in. They did dominate the south. I was originally going to say Demoltion but NWO sounds more realistic. DDP I nominate to induct them.

Rhonda Shear This year's celebrity/diva inductee. She was well known for hosting the show UP All night. She appeared as a guest at Wresltemania 10 as a time keeper and I remember 20 years ago during the summer she had a small program with Shawn Michaels. She's also from New Orleans so it might be easier to throw her in. Have the obvious HBK induct her.

Lita Diva inductee. Need I say more Have Trish induct her.

I'd like jake to get in it would be nice to see rick Martel in mike rotunda in dean maIenko in shane Douglas in even with all the heat between him with half the wrestling world he was/is one of the best workers ever also if taz(z) wasn't with tna he should I think they should do whatever it takes to get randy savage in put his father and brother in as well if it means he goes in besides lanny wasn't that bad at all a good worker but to me one of the best talkers in the business just superb on the mic loved to see some of the more innovative guys go in like kanyon would mind if the wwe got their panties out of the knot and let Benoit in yeah we get that what he did at the end of his life wasn't something that a company wants on their record but the guy deserves to be in I mean say what you want about the tragedy associated with him great performer in the ring I mean no offense but they let the iron sheik and superfly along with hacksaw last year and none of them have great records in their personal lives great performer as well but controversial in personal lives

This definitely should be a very stacked HOF IMO.. They usually induct 7 or so people.

Warrior is already in the HOF,why not induct the old timers..

I dont know if any footage exists of Frank Gotch,or George Hackenschmidt,and it sucks that the great Lou Thesz is not in the HOF,but someone like KoKo b Ware is.. Randy Savage,should have went in yrs ago,but for whatever reason he is not going in which is a shame and not a true HOF until he is in..

I really against celebrities going in,unless they contributed in a major way.. I say stay away from celebs this year and focus on the performer/managers..

So Ultimate Warrior,Gotch,Hackenschmidt,ED Strangler Lewis,Macho Man,Lou Thesz,and induct the first lady of wrestling Miss Elizabeth,and have Lita go in as well. That would be a HOF very hard to argue against

Wanted the Undertaker to be inducted on the Same night as Paul Bearer.
I guess those two along with Kane will be inducted sometime in the next few years. Probably with Taker as the Headliner of his class.

As for this year; in addition to Ultimate Warrior, add;
Jake the Snake
Diamond Dallas Page
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
the Honky Tonk Man
Mr.T: if the WM 1 Main Event is being inducted also as rumoured.... Mr.T could be put in as well the same night.

NWO Our faction/Tag team of the class. If in fact Hogan is available around Mania season, and Scott Hall is getting much better I see Hogan, Nash & Hall going in. They did dominate the south. I was originally going to say Demoltion but NWO sounds more realistic. DDP I nominate to induct them.

With rumours of Hogan coming back soon, I could see this being possible. It seems like a pretty good idea too.

Jake Roberts would be amazing. I remember meeting DDP not so long ago & when he spoke to me about Jake, he thought that him actually coming back to the WWE, no matter how well he felt, was impossible. Now he's finally returned, it would be absolutely awesome.

I think Mae Young is probably going to be a lock for the HoF this year. If not this year, then definitely next, and deservedly so.

I think Vince will only go in upon his death. Despite whatever ego Vince has, he just wouldn't let himself be put in over any number of other individuals.

I've said it before, but I think Jim Johnston should be inducted. He's pretty much single-handedly created the soundtrack to WWE (litterally) and deserves to be recognized for his contributions. However, he does suffer stage fright, which is why he became an in-house composer instead of a performing musician in the first place, so I wonder how he would go about his acceptance speech.

DDP will go in at some point, but not this year. But I would like to see more WCW guys go in, particularly now, with the launch of the WWE Network and all the classic content, it could really be a lucrative way to introduce some of those legends to the newer audience.

Savage should go in, but he will be the headlining inductee.

I agree that Undertaker and Paul Bearer should go in on the same class, with separate inductions of course. Mark Calloway needs to be the one to do the induction for Percy and it would be most fitting to have Kane involved with both inductions, especially putting Taker in. While this might not be "ideal" and I doubt WWE would go this way, I think one of the better ways to pull off Taker's Hall of Fame appearances would be to have them go in the year after he retires so that he can accept it without gimmicking it somehow due to his Deadman persona.

With the Warrior in I think it's certain that Savage won't be. They are both headliners. So, moving on to speculate who could get the nod this year I always like to consider the host city of each year as often they like to tie someone in who came to prominence in that territory. With N'Awlins you have to think of Mid-South and LeRoy McGuirk. With Watts, Ladd, JYD, DiBiase, Duggan and Koko already in that leaves guys like: JAke ROberts, Dr.Death, The Freebirds, Rock and Roll Express, The Sheephearders (Bushwackers), Butch Reed, Terry Taylor and Matt Bourne as the top workers of that territory. If I had to pick one wrestler and one tag team based on that my picks would go a little something like this:

Headliner: Warrior
Singles Star: Jake Roberts (Isn't it about time; great story)
Tag Team: The Rock and Roll Express (though giving Ricky Morton a live mic may not be on the top of WWE's list)
Singles Star: Dr. Death Steve Williams (post humously but none the less he was an international star-great way to get JR on the program, too)
Diva/Manager: Lita (set the tone for the ladies in the late 90's and converted to an effective manager)
Celebrity: Sounds like they may be inducting matches and the WM1 main event is it...That match sucked. I would sooner induct Bundy vs. SD Jones (which at the time was a record time...lol)

Jake The Snake would be a good bet and a great inductee.

I think Sable should be the Diva inductee.

The big one for me should be Lou Thesz.

Lou Thesz is an obvious stand out omission, there must be a reason as to why this is. Two other guys who are deserving from my hopeful list on the first post, are Ken Patera and Jacques Rougeau. Either of these guys would be certainly deserving and the right calibre of talent to enter the HOF.

I'd say there's a strong chance that Paul Bearer will be inducted into the HOF this year. A report I read a little while back suggests that The Undertaker will be involved, which is unique as Taker, to my knowledge, has never made an appearance at the HOF.

If WWE goes through with this, I'm thinking the primary reason could be that the entire HOF ceremony will be broadcast on the WWE Network. So the novelty of Taker making his first appearance ever at a HOF ceremony to help induct his long time manager, and one of his closest personal friends since his earliest days in wrestling period, could only draw interest.

There's already talk that WWE intends to induct a match itself into the HOF for the first time, this match being the tag team main event of WrestleMania I featuring Hulk Hogan & Mr. T vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper & Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. If WWE can successfully negotiate with Mr. T, then it's pretty much guaranteed.

I also remember talks that if talks were unsuccessful with Ultimate Warrior that WWE was going to induct D-Generation X into the HOF. It's possible that WWE could still go forward with that when you consider that, reportedly, the New Age Outlaws are expected to be part of WWE TV for the next few months.

I've also read, and this has been a few weeks back, that there's talk of inducting Demolition into the HOF. WWE could use more tag teams as the current tally is made up of The Valiant Brothers, The Blackjacks, The Wild Samoans, The Brisco Brothers, The Funks and The Road Warriors. Demolition were 3 time Tag Team Champions and their first run of 478 days is the longest run with any championship in WWE since Hulk Hogan's first run as WWF Champion.

Ahh, you're right. My mistake! I knew Moolah was in, but I thought Mae would be inducted when she was 100 since she always wanted to wrestle a match at that age hahaha.

That would have been a cool thing to do. Yeah, I think she would have gone in this year, though, if she hadn't in '09.

Before I get to who I think should be inducted, I'd like to make some comments on some general thoughts/discussion topics about the HOF.

First off, contrary to popular belief, the HOF is nowhere close to running out of names to induct. Yes, the names of big 80's and 90's stars is getting smaller, but there's still a whole generation of wrestlers from the 2000's that are on the verge of retiring or will be retiring in the next 5 years or so that can headline at least another decade's worth of HOF ceremonies. Not to mention there is an astonishingly huge backlog of wrestling legends from the 1900's-1970's that deserve induction from all different continents. The WWE HOF isn't just about the WWE, they're about pro wrestling a whole, hence why they've inducted quite a few wrestlers that never had anything to do with WWE or very little.

So with that being said, I don't agree whatsoever with the HOF inducting too many people and that they should go down to 3-5 inductees, or as someone on here said, just induct Warrior and that's it. No one in their right mind would want to watch a three hour show pay tribute to one inductee. In this case the Ultimate Warrior. If the fans are there for a 3-4 hour ceremony, they're not gonna want to watch the show be about one person. And again, considering how huge the list of worthy inductees is, that would just be a poor route to go. That's the same problem that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has. Their classes are too small which has resulted in a huge backlog of snubbed artists.

Now, I don't think the WWE should go to 10-12 inductees like they did for the 2004 class (although that was necessary for that class because the Hall had been inactive for so long they had a lot of catching up to do), but going down to 3-4 inductees would just suck to put it plainly.

I think 6-8 inductees per year works just fine. Especially with the HOF ceremonies potentially airing on the network now, there's really no need for WWE to edit or cut short the inductees and presenters's speeches, for the most part anyway. Obviously no one needs to do 45 minute to hour long speeches, but they don't need to be cut down to 5 minute speeches either. I'm sure die-hard fans watching the ceremony on the Network won't mind sitting 5-6 hours watching the HOF ceremony anyway. WWE could do a live feed of the ceremony, especially beings it's being reported that WWE is planning on doing some live streams to test their streaming capabilities on the Network in the week leading up to Wrestlemania. The HOF ceremony would be a good place to start.

As for my opinion on this rumor about WWE inducting their match into the HOF, overall I'm against it, but only slightly. There's plenty of good reasons to do it. One is the entertainment factor you get from seeing multiple wrestlers/personalities together that you otherwise might not ever see getting to accept an award together. Imagine seeing Bret Hart and Steve Austin coming up on stage together to accept the award. How about Shawn Micheals and the Undertaker? How about Steve Austin and The Rock? How about John Cena and CM Punk (way down the road)? Even those against the idea have to admit it'd be cool to see those guys together on stage to accept an award. And the potential idea of the participants of the main event of Wrestlemania I being inducted together is highly intriguing. Everyone knows Mr. T and Roddy Piper hated each other, still probably do. There's always been tension between Hulk and Roddy (in real life too). It could be highly entertaining and intriguing. Plus there's the Grammy Hall of Fame that inducts songs and albums. So the matches could be a similar kind of thing. Plus there has been instances of other HOF inducting non-people into it's Hall. Having a match inducted each year could be a fun thing that would just add new controversy and another topic of good debate for the fans to discuss each year. Talking about why "this match" didn't get in, etc. The one problem I do see with it is that yeah, it's unconventional. And I kind of do agree that a Hall of Fame inductee should be a single person, and not some entity. Plus as someone else stated a week or so ago on here, haven't the inductees already been inducted for their body of work (aka: their matches)? The other problem is that it could really dilute the specialness of a HOF induction. I mean, Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart could both end up with 20 rings or so. It could get ridiculous, especially if Shawn gets inducted every single year while others sit out. So it could be a really cool idea, but overall I'm against it just a little bit no more. But I won't think it's a sham if they do end up doing it.

With that said, beings this is the 30th Wrestlemania (not Anniversary technically), this definitely needs to be the HOF class to end all HOF classes, which will be very tough to do as the 2005, 2009 (when considering all-time great wrestlers) and last year's classes will be tough as hell to beat. So it's gonna need some huge names with multiple potential headliners, much like last year's class.

In addition to having the biggest names and most memorable, it also needs to be an entertaining show, which means you can't have too many deceased inductees. However, I don't agree with this "unwritten" rule that only one deceased candidate can be inducted. Yes, the fans want to see the inductee there and hear a speech from them. However, I think when it comes to say Randy Savage, the fact that he is no longer here won't make the moment any less important or memorable. It will be a really sad, bittersweet moment for everyone, especially the fans, but I highly doubt the fans would rather have Randy not be inducted just cause he can't be there to accept. Randy's induction, even in death, will mean just as much to the fans as an induction for him while he was alive would.

So I think if the HOF inducts Randy Savage, I don't think that should eliminate the possibility of any other deceased inductee.

As for the big names that should make up this year's class, last years class worked on and succeeded in getting in the two biggest snubs of the WWWF era (Sammartino and Backlund) inducted. This year's class needs to work on the WWF era. And there's a big numbers of stars from the 1980's/early 1990's period that deserve induction and big ones too. Not just low-card guys.

Obviously the Ultimate Warrior is going in. The other big snub of that era is of course Randy Savage. That's why to me, just like Triple H and Co. worked on getting Bruno and Bob in, this year they need to get Warrior and Savage in. If they do that, then this could end up being the best HOF class ever just with those two alone.

In addition, there are two huge mid-to upper card talents that are more than worthy. Rick Rude and Jake Roberts. Both are shoe-ins as far as I'm concerned. And then there's the Honky Tonk Man, Rick Martel, and the Big Boss Man who definitely should be in as well. Not to mention tons of tag teams from that era, namely Demolition, the Hart Foundation, the Rockers, Strike Force, the Killer Bees, the Bushwhackers, the Fabulous Rougeaus, and the Powers of Pain. I would say Demolition is the big one of that group, but any of those teams would be worthy. If you go into the 90's era, to me Davey Boy Smith is probably the biggest snub with Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Owen Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow, Brian Pillman, and Sid being good candidates as well.

And beings they're in New Orleans, there's always the Mid-South connection if they want to go that route. Most of the big names from Mid-South have been inducted already, but there's a few still that could be good inductees. Namely the Fabulous Freebirds, Dr. Death Steve Williams, and of course Sting. Not to mention the Ultimate Warrior got a start in that territory as well.

Another possibility is that WWE could induct a wrestling pioneer to further legitimize the HOF or induct wrestlers from other territories or other countries. Any early wrestlers from the pre-NWA era all the way to the 70's/80's territory era could work.

However, like I stated before, I think the HOF should focus on big names from the next big period in WWE history (the 1980's/early 90's period). Being there's not really any headliners from the Mid-South territory left to induct, go ahead and skip it. As much as Lou Thesz (IMO the greatest pro wrestler ever) and Ed "Strangler" Lewis and Jim Londos and other early pioneers of the genre deserve to be in, I think the Hall should skip them this year. I don't think WWE needs to look to Mexico or Japan to induct some big foreign names. Eventually yes, but this year no. I think WWE should just stick to the big 80's and 90's snubs not yet in and go for them. And unfortunately many of them have passed on, however there is more than enough ones that are still alive to make this is a fun, entertaining, and bad-ass HOF class.

So with that being said, here would be my ideal 2014 HOF class......

The Ultimate Warrior

1 of 2 headlining inductees. One of the two biggest snubs of the Hulkamania era. Plus he's already confirmed, so obviously he's here.

Inducted by: John Cena (CM Punk, Triple H, or Edge as other candidates)

Macho Man Randy Savage

The other main headliner with the Ultimate Warrior. Getting both of these in would probably end the fan's bitching about the major snubs. Sure there's be plenty more, but with Backlund and Sammartino going in one year, and Savage and Warrior going in the next, suddenly there's really no more era-defining wrestlers from the first two eras left. Then the Hall can start moving forward to the Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression Era headliners. Warrior can serve as the slightly less popular but living headliner, while Savage can be the true headliner but is deceased and thus can't be there to accept.

Inducted by: Bret Hart (CM Punk, Ric Flair, or Ricky Steamboat as other candidates

Why not Hulk Hogan? I would assume that Randy would not have wanted Hulk to induct him. Plus, I'd be more interested to hear Bret speak on Randy.

Why not Lanny Poffo? Probably the most appropriate choice and who Randy would've wished to do the honors, but unless Lanny and their father Angelo are inducted too, Lanny won't participate.

Jake "the Snake" Roberts

Mid-Card Main Inductee

Duh. He's the feel good story of the wrestling industry right now. Not to mention after Savage and Warrior, he's the biggest snub of the HOF IMO. So why not get the three biggest snubs inducted in one shot? Plus Jake is one of the few major stars that started out in Mid-South not in yet. So he can represent the Mid-South Connection.

Inducted by: Diamond Dallas Page (Ted Dibiase, Steve Austin, or Randy Orton as other candidates)

Demolition

Tag Team Inductee

Except for possibly the Hart Foundation, there was probably no tag team that meant more to the tag division in the late 80's/early 90's than Demolition. They still have the longest reign with the WWE tag belts ever. Of the tag teams from that period that didn't spawn major future singles stars (Hart Foundation, Rockers, British Bulldogs), Demolition is the No. 1 team that needs to go in.

I would probably just induct Ax and Smash, although if WWE decided to induct Crush as well, I would have no problem with it.

Inducted by: The New Age Outlaws (Mark Henry, Antonio Cesaro/Jack Swagger, or the Big Show as other possible candidates)

Why not Mr. Fuji? He's too old and frail at this point to probably make the HOF ceremony. Plus, it's not like he probably could give much of an intelligible speech anyway, lol.

Why the New Age Outlaws? I really struggled with figuring out who should induct them. The New Age Outlaws are another one of the greatest teams ever, and they're heavily involved with the company right now, so why not?

Paul Bearer

Non-Wrestler Inductee

This was heavily rumored last year that he would be inducted this year beings he passed away last year. I have no problems with it. Really, among WWE managers, he's one of the big two left waiting for induction, so why not?

Inducted by: The Undertaker and Kane (No one else as possible candidates, maybe do just Kane if Taker doesn't want to do it)

Miss Elizabeth

Female Inductee/Other Non-Wrestler Inductee

If Randy Savage goes in, Miss Elizabeth has to go in too. In wrestling lore, they will forever be linked. They made each other bigger stars, and they are to this day the all-time greatest wrestling couple. Not to mention, I'd say Elizabeth is the most deserving female candidate for the HOF. There was probably never a female in WWE history that was more over with the fans than Miss Elizabeth (yes, even moreso than Trish and Lita or Sable and Sunny back in the Attitude Era). And along with Paul Bearer, she is the last of the two big WWE managers of the 80's/90's period that need to be inducted. So yep, she needs to go in too.

Inducted by: AJ Lee (Nattie Neidhart, Stephanie McMahon, or Trish Stratus as other possible candidates)

The Honky Tonk Man

Other Mid-Card Inductee

Rick Rude is probably more worthy, but I already have three deceased HOF inductees, so Rick can wait this year, and Honky can go in to round out the wrestlers-portion of this class. Other than Rick Rude, Honky is probably the biggest heel of the Hulkamania era that needs to go in. He's the "Greatest Intercontinental Champion of All-Time" of course ;) So why not? And he'd give a good, entertaining speech.

Inducted by: Jimmy Hart (Jerry Lawler, Greg Valentine, and Cody Rhodes as other candidates

Mr. T

Celebrity Inductee

There's always a celebrity inductee, and with this being the 30th Wrestlemania, of course there's gonna be a celebrity inducted. And the biggest celebrity "snub" at this point is Mr. T If they're gonna induct the main event from Wrestlemania, then Mr. T obviously would make sense. In my ideal class they wouldn't induct the match, but just induct Mr. T instead. Of all the celebrities in WWE history, is there any that did more for WWE than Mr. T (maybe Cyndi Lauper and Mike Tyson, who's already in). As far as celebrities go, few are more worthy than Mr. T.

Inducted by: Hulk Hogan (Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff, or Bob Orton Jr. as other possible candidates)

That would be my ideal class for 2014. Now for those that say. "8 inductees!" "That's way too many!" "They'll never get that many speeches in a HOF ceremony!!!" "You're crazy!!!" "Go jump off a bridge!!" Or whatever, lol.

Keep in mind, 3 of my 8 inductees are deceased and thus won't be there to give speeches. Those three candidates will most likely be represented by a brief acceptance speech from a family member. Plus, Mr. T will most likely not give that big a speech either. So it'll mainly be Warrior, Demolition, Honky Tonk Man, and Jake Roberts to be the meat of the inductee speeches.

And with my list of presenters being Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, John Cena, the Undertaker in his first ever HOF appearance, Kane, Diamond Dallas Page, and Jimmy Hart among others, that should make for one helluva entertaining HOF ceremony.

Ultimate Warrior- already announced, no need to explain
inducted by: Hulk Hogan

Jake Roberts- should be in, now is the time to do it when he is clean
inducted by: DDP

The Outsiders-I'd induct them together as they are inseparable to me
inducted by: HBK & HHH

Stan Hansen- Big name that can't headline a class but deserves to be in. Counts as an international.
Inducted by: JBL if they want a modern guy, but Ted DiBiase would be perfect

Sable- Diva induction. Was one of the draws of the attitude era. Definitely deserves to be in.
Inducted by: Some sort of woman obviously

Posthumous Induction: The Big Bossman
Inducted by: Bobby Heenan or Dusty Rhodes

Celebrity Induction: Mr. T with a special highlight of the match that started it all.
Inducted by: Roddy Piper

Other names they should consider: Paul Heyman, Eric Bischoff, DX the stable, nWo the stable, The Steiner Brothers tag team, Harlem Heat tag team, DDP, Lex Luger, Rick Rude, Vader and John Tenta. (Savage obviously, but seems unlikely I guess)

Since most of the obvious names have already been thrown out there, I'd like to make a suggestion that I'm sure nobody else has made just to fill this thread with every possible induction.

Rikidozan.

We want to talk about legends, Rikidozan was the trainer of legends. Rikidozan invented the style of Puroresu and inspired Japan during a very low point in their history. A class act named Lou Thesz laid down for him and granted Rikidozan status as NWA International Heavyweight Champion. Rikidozan trained Antonio Inoki and (another deserving potential HOF inductee) Giant Baba, from his influence fans were given the most disciplined performers in pro-wrestling history. Bret Hart has credited his Japanese trainers with helping him become a more sharp performer, the chain of positive influence is immeasurable. I would argue that any positive impact made by puroresu on the rest of the pro-wrestling world is a direct result of Rikidozan's personal investments into the business.

You can't have a legitimate pro-wrestling HOF without including one of the few founders of pro-wrestling, Rikidozan belongs in the WWE HOF.

Ultimate warrior as he already is in.
Owen hart the bloke was as gd as his brother
British bulldog gotta go in he was awesome
IRS no real reason just think he should
Big bossan wwe legend
Jake Roberts wwe legend
Nwo hogan,hall,Nash and synxx (x-PAC)

Sorry if this ain't aload 2015

Macho man,undertaker,Paul bearer,Kane,miss Elizabeth,jbl,dx(hhh,hbk,outlaws,x-PAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back