2016 Hall of Fame

tvcolosi

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm a big fan of them inducting people from the area where wrestlemania is at. The worst kept secret is that WrestleMania 32 will be at cowboy Stadium in Dallas. Now they were in Texas for WrestleMania 25 and they used Austin, the Funks and the Von Erich's. So who does that leave ?

My class would look like;
Headliner - the Undertaker, no explanation needed. Inducted by Kane.

Semi Main vent - Stan Hansen, world wide superstar, bonafide badass. Inducted by Bruno or Vader

"Diva" Vickie Guerrero, I think her 9 year run is more that worthy. Inducted by her Daughter, if she's still there, who wrestling name escapes me. Or someone like Edge or Dolph.

Or maybe do the family as a hole with Mondo, Hector, Chavo classic and Chavo Jr. With the family, maybe Rey does the induction.

Faction/Tag Team - The Fabulous Free Birds when Atlanta and Houston went by and they didn't get in I lost hope but it's time. Let Kevin Von Erich return the favor.

Posthumous Inductee - Frank "Bruiser" Brody inducted by JBL

Low card name, how about Stevie Ray inducted by Booker T

For the Celebrity Wing, I think you can go outside the localized gimmick for the rest. Personally I'd like to see Ali before he goes now that they have his Mid-South stuff. Or someone like a Lawrence Taylor or outside the box with Kid Rock

Undertaker is pretty much a given at this point. In terms of induction however, I actually think Vince himself is the right guy to do it, much as Kane is part of his story he only came in nearly 6 years in... Taker was a 3 man creation, Mark Calloway, Paul Bearer and Vince... It'd be kind of fitting for Taker to go out of the business as Mark Calloway with Vince inducting him, paying tribute to the gimmick they forged. As a leftfield inductor have Sting...

In terms of the rest of the card, I do feel that some element of Texas should be included but Stan Hansen is perhaps not the right guy. His career absolutely deserves it but the common thread of the HOF in more recent years is people with WWE pedigree and his is a little lacking in that area. It seems unlikely they will induct Hansen when they can induct JBL who would fit the same part, have more of a WWE history and would likely pay tribute to Hansen in his speech anyway... Not everyone SHOULD be in the HOF, Hansen is one who could be... but he's not a lock.

In terms of Texas, I would only add one more WCCW/WWF name to the list in this class... Rick Rude.

Rude has deserved to go in for a long time and 32 seems a fitting time to do it, especially as he and Taker were good friends. Who would induct him? I'd say Paul Heyman who managed him in WCW or Sting who was arguably his greatest foe now Warrior is not here and Heenan can't really do it. Rude deserves his spot and had a big role in Texas wrestling before moving up to the big leauges... I would leave the Texas connection there.

Tag Team - I think the Freebirds get it the prior year so 2016 for me is all about Demolition. Time for them to get their proper respect as a team in their own right. Bill Eadie has as much bad blood with Vince as Bruno in many ways so it will be hard to get done, but ultimately he was a major player in the WWF before Ax and continued to be for much of the 80's indeed... for a period the Demo's were BETTER than the Road Warriors in all respects... the only "downer" is Brian Adam's death and misdemeanors but Kerry went in so he can too.

Promoter: There is always a promoter type in there and I would hope they bite the bullet and induct James E. Cornette. He played a major part in the Taker story by managing Yoko, Davey Boy etc and was the biggest part of writing and booking the transition from "Monster of the Week" to "Credible Threat to the main event" for Taker. Can he and Vince get over their beefs, sure they can... Jim will add entertainment which could be a very sombre night if it's the end of Taker's career officially.

Celebrity: I would have no clue where to go here...they kinda have to have it, but they're now quickly getting into the B-'s... Ali isn't going in, if he was he would have already. I am sure they have tried but his family have said no.

So do they go for guys like Andy Kaufman, who didn't have WWE specific involvment or who 90% of the audience won't remember? Do you induct LT or Floyd Mayweather who won matches at Wrestlemania... OR do you go slightly more tenuous, but guaranteed to get some column ink and media coverage... Hugh Jackman. We know Hugh loves his little stints in the WWE and loves getting involved physically. With his movie career beginning to wind down a bit he could arguably be tempted for a match and a big pay day. We know he can do it, we know he doesn't enjoy "getting in shape" but would for a match... Tag Team him with someone ala Mr. T at Mania 1... could be Cena, could be Ziggler, could even be Roman Reigns or Bad News Barrett by then... but Jackman could just about go in now... with a match behind him he could defo and bring some big PR to the WWE.

Women/Divas... We're starting to get through the bottom of the Barrel now... Mickie James, Gail Kim, all a bit tenuous... Molly Holly and Victoria are pretty much the last 2 they can legitimately induct... Vickie goes in next year... I can however see a "vanity" induction for Michelle McCool, even though she did nothing other than marry Taker... if that happens, I want Sara to get one too. But again the one who stands out to me who "might" do something around that time is Rhonda Rousey... she's made a lot of noise about wanting to do the WWE but Dana won't let her... having watched Expendables 3 (it leaked...sue me Sly, shoulda picked a better FX company...shame cos they finally made a great film) she is actually pretty good and I can see UFC being a short term thing for her. Vince would love to get her and she would fit well. 2016 might just work timing wise although 17 might be more likely...

I had just watched an interview with Hansen so he was top of mind. I love the Kaufman idea, as long as they own the footage which I think is unknown at this point.

I think if they inducted Sting in 2016, waiting untill after his spot on 2K15, his DVD and his final match they could build it around him.

I have a few thoughts on who could go in and who could induct them

Sting (Ric Flair)
Vader (Harley Race)
Lex Luger
Sid Vicious (Wippleman/DiBiase)
Rick Rude
Stan Hansen - Seeing as it's Texas after all! (Sammartino)
The Steiner Brothers (Road Warrior Animal)

ello. btw nice project. I just try it on my laptop with win7, first its got an error message that missing file 'php5.dll'. I try to figure it out, than I found the problem is I download extension and php, its all about Non Thread Safe and Thread Safe. thank you, now I have wxPHP in my computer, maybe th

ello. btw nice project. I just try it on my laptop with win7, first its got an error message that missing file 'php5.dll'. I try to figure it out, than I found the problem is I download extension and php, its all about Non Thread Safe and Thread Safe. thank you, now I have wxPHP in my computer, maybe th

I think since its Texas the Freebirds should go in but I also think its long overdue that the Dynamite Kid is inducted in my opinion the greatest wrestler in history from an in match perspective, Also Don't understand why Davey Smith has been overlooked for so long but maybe keep him to the following year so as not to overshadow Dynamite Kid's induction.
My other choices would be Jess Mcmahon and Joseph Toots Mondt which feels like it makes sense as they pretty much started the company of what WWE is today, Along with more older stars like Ed Strangler Lewis, Billy Sandow, Lou Thesz, Dick the Bruiser, Crusher Lisowski, Haystacks Calhoun, Randy Savage, Honky Tonk Man and King Kong Bundy. Theres plently of time to induct the Stings and Takers etc.
I'm against the celebrity wing of the hall of fame but since there is one it doesn't feel right missing Cyndi Lauper and Andy Kauffman out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back