WWE Gets Punked?

Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Houston's Hometown Hero
Punk.jpg

It was reported last week that the WWE went out and signed a realtiy tv star to a developmental deal. David Otunga, who was featured on VH-1’s I Love New York reality series (as “Punk”) and is currently engaged to singer/actress Jennifer Hudson has also been training of late in FCW and is signed to a WWE deal. Due to the recent tragedy in Hudson’s family that has been all over the media, he’s on a sabbatical.

Now for any of you that tuned into a special edition of the Tony Rock Project where host Tony Rock(younger brother of comedian, Chris Rock) went through the rigors of some light FCW training along side Mr. Kennedy, Brian Kendric, and Kelly Kelly, you might have spotted Otunga at ringside with some other FCW developmental talent. And I am sure that many of you have to be wondering what Mr. Otunga has to bring to the table. Well for anyone who tuned in to Season 2 of I love New York, you saw that Mr. Otunga is very well built and is a massive man already. He also has a good head on his shoulders as he is a successful licensed attorney as well. And I'm sure that it doesn't hurt one bit that he is engaged to an award winning actress to boot and has his own celebrity status and that WWE can probably capitalize on this somewhat.

The downside? Well Punk, as he is famously known, was portrayed as being very docile on the I Love New York reality tv show. He was constantly pushed around by New York, even when given a name like Punk, and never stood up for himself or truly showed that he wanted to fight for the woman that he stated he loved. If anything, he seemed over sensitive and if anybody remembers him from this show, putting him in the ring would be a joke.

So here lies the question. Has the WWE made a wise decision signing the reality tv star or have they wasted their time and money on yet another future flop?

There is one thing you might not remember about the show. He did get very pissed off when real and chance returned to interview the season 2 cast members. In the interview room he turned the table right over on them. I can't really see him being a good wrestler though.

Well I have never seen anything of him before, so I can't really say now. As for the question of WWE making a wise decision or not?

Well, we'll just have to find out when the time comes for him to stop his sabbatical or whatever. Wasn't the Miz a reality TV star? I didn't think The Miz would ammount to anything when he first came, he proved me wrong though. You never know.

I don't think it could hurt giving this guy a shot. He's fucking hugh, and looks like he could be a decent wrestler. He also has a brain on his head which separates him from The Miz. I actually think this guy could do some good, and when he was on I Love New York I was always thinking "damn this guy should give wrestling a try". I don't think it would hurt giving him a try, and I think he could be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back