WWE Fatal Fourway General Discussion Thread

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Next Sunday, WWE will début there new Fatal 4 Way Pay Per View, with the hope that people will buy into the idea that this will be quite revolutionary and will exponentially increase the stock in gimmick Pay Per Views. So, with that being the case, why in the blue Hell is there only two matches announced thus far?

I came into this part of the forum looking for some quality discussion based on the WWE Fatal 4 Way next Sunday to find only two threads that addressed the announce matches. Now, I would be lying if I said I have been the most loyal WWE fan lately. I have missed an episode of Raw here and there and only started watching Smackdown again a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping that I had just missed the announcements and that there would be a couple of matches that had dropped off of the forum's radar.

However, a week before the PPV is set to air and the WWE only has two matches ready to show? That doesn't make any sense to me. With their PPV sales already down and interest in the PG-model dwindling in the "older" generations, why would WWE not announce more matches in a hope to convince you to buy the product? The WWE has 4 more shows before the Fatal 4 Way PPV and I can't see any feuds that would realistically make a decent formula for a match, with the exception of perhaps the NXT invasion.

I am pretty sure the WWE will sort this out and will likely put in a tag match and a Diva's match to tide us over. However, this just screams lazy booking to me. Is it just me or is the WWE relying too heavily on us buying the PPV anyway, rather than enticing us with announced matches and what does this mean for the PPV itself? Will we see some more matches added? If so, what matches would you like to see?

Maybe on monday we'll see the NXT rookies announcing an assault for F4W which will lead to a huge match. Who knows? Something will happen until next sunday, I'm sure.
But if Bryan is legitimately fired, I doubt I'll tune in the next weeks and wait what happens.

I'd like to see Christian vs. McIntyre vs. Kingston vs. Ziggler or maybe throw MVP into the mix for the Intercontinental Championship and Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Bourne vs. DiBiase for the US Title. I'm sure we will see the Hart Dynasty vs. the Uso's, and some kind of Divas match. My card just doesn't include Jericho, but he is going to take some time off isn't he?

Well, Fatal Four Ways usually take a lot of time out of the card, like an elimination chamber. So we probably won't see many other matches. And for some reason I don't think ALL the other cards are going to be four-ways. So Kofi vs Drew will probably be on the card, along with Hart Dynasty vs Usos. And who knows what place NxtWO will have, as well as Kane. But I do think it's odd nothing has else has been announced.

I don't think we're going to see any nXt people on the card for Fatal4Way (Unless Barrett is Orton's replacement - which I doubt). They'll be at the show - sure, and will probably intefere somewhere along the line.

My prediction for the card (baring in mind I think only the main event matches will be Fatal 4 Way matches):

Getting the two we know out of the way:

WWE Title - Cena vs Edge vs Sheamus vs Orton (/Injury replacement - could be Bourne).

World Heavyweight Title - Swagger vs Big Show vs Rey vs Punk

The rest:

Unified Tag Team Titles - Hart Dynasty vs Usos (Can guarentee this one)

US Title - Truth vs Miz. Had the rematch already, but makes sense

Divas Title/Womens Title - one of the two, either Eve vs Maryse or LayCool vs Kelly Kelly + Rosa Mendes

Intercontinental Title - Kingston vs McIntyre (Hardy will almost definitely interfere).

A decent enough card I think.

It needs atleast one more 4-way match, I think every gimmick PPV before this one had 3 matches of that certain type. Personally I'm hoping they throw in a 4 team tag match; Hart Dynasty vs Uso's vs Dudebusters vs Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer. That is about every actual tag team WWE has now that would be a pretty awesome match imo.

I think it would help elevate everybody involved in it as long as it not an ugly car wreck of a match. The main feud going in would obviously be the Harts and Uso's but the other two teams would benefit extremely for just making it onto a PPV especially Hawkins and Archer who need to make a statement to stay in the WWE or something like that. So I'd like seeing a 4 way tag match or maybe a 4 way ladder match for one of the midcard titles, I don't really care which.

And as for the only two announced matches so far, WWE really needs to kick it into gear this week because both of these matches are pretty predictable. WWE needs to throw something in there that'll be unexpected.

It needs atleast one more 4-way match, I think every gimmick PPV before this one had 3 matches of that certain type. Personally I'm hoping they throw in a 4 team tag match; Hart Dynasty vs Uso's vs Dudebusters vs Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer. That is about every actual tag team WWE has now that would be a pretty awesome match imo.

I think it would help elevate everybody involved in it as long as it not an ugly car wreck of a match. The main feud going in would obviously be the Harts and Uso's but the other two teams would benefit extremely for just making it onto a PPV especially Hawkins and Archer who need to make a statement to stay in the WWE or something like that. So I'd like seeing a 4 way tag match or maybe a 4 way ladder match for one of the midcard titles, I don't really care which.

And as for the only two announced matches so far, WWE really needs to kick it into gear this week because both of these matches are pretty predictable. WWE needs to throw something in there that'll be unexpected.

Hopefully the WWE doesnt decide to bump Hawkins/Archer for Hornswoggle/Khali if they do the fatal 4 way for the tag titles.

I quite honestly hate this fatal four way concept for a paperview. It is just another attempt by the WWE to make people buy their paperviews. They are getting desperate...Hell in a Cell Paperview? Whats the next ppv name...Steel Cage? Triple Threat? It is bogus they were going to dump Survivor Series then they realized that nobody wanted 2 see Survivor Series get taken out.. GOOD FEUDS AND GOOD PROMOS IS WHAT CREATES A GOOD PAPERVIEW.....In my opinion it is just a very lazy move by the WWE..But its kinda smart because the 12 year olds who watch it dont know any better and will say. "Daddy the paperview says fatal four way!!! we have to buy it!!"

Quite honestly, I am looking forward to seeing what happens this week leading up to the ppv. The whole Kane situation has my interest, maybe he will be Orton's replacement or attack someone getting his way into on of the Title Matches. With the rumoured push, I do see that happening.

I also would like to see a tag team title fatal four way match. Hart Dynasty vs Uso's vs Dudebusters vs Kozlov and Santino (or any other random team WWE wants to throw together.

IC, US or women's title/divas title -- most likely two of them will be on the line, but hopefully not in a fatal four way.

Im sure they will fill out the PPV with a Good Lineup this Week. Here's what I think will be the Final Card:

WWE Title-Fatal Four Way,John Cena (c) vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs Sheamus

World Heavyweight Title-Fatal Four Way,Jack Swagger (c) vs Big Show vs Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk

Unified WWE Tag Titles-Fatal Four Way,The Harts (c) vs The Usos vs The Gatecrashers (Archer & Hawkins) vs Santino & Vladimir Kolov

WWE IC Title-Kofi Kingston (c) vs Drew Mcintyre

WWE US Title-R-Truth (c) vs The Miz

Either a Divas or Womens Title Match with Eve vs Maryse or Layla vs Kelly.

I would not be surprised to see a non-title four way divas match between Eve, Maryse, and LayCool. Eve and LayCool are almost sure things, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see Melina. Actually, I would be surprised because things have been pretty quiet about her lately, which is why now would be a great time to return.

A tag match is also likely, and I think it should be a good one. The tag division is the hottest it's been in a while, and I think having actual tag teams hold the belts is something people are really enjoying. This will be the first time since the Colons vs. Miz and Morrison that two real tag teams have had a PPV match if I remember correctly.

The IC title isn't getting as much attention right now as the US belt. While it's possible to see both, I think we'll probably only get one. If it's US, I anticipate it being Kofi, Drew MacIntyre, Matt Hardy, and MVP.

Other than that, I'm not really sure. Maybe a fatal four way with 4 NXT pros will be scheduled and it will be raided by the NXT faction? That would be pretty sweet, if not a little predictable.

I'm not surprised...they did this with Elimanation Chamber...they aded 2 matches to that card...but i think they will announce a few this week...and then maybe on the night as well...for a first time ppv, its not being hyped very well is it...

WWE has been doing a great job of keeping my tv set fresh for a while now. Last Monday night was a great way to start off the summer. And tonight, I'm expecting a couple more matches to be added to the card. Let's just hope they make the right choices for match types. I just hate it when we get stupid stipulation where one person. Ends up getting dq'd. That's the shit I can't stand. Id love to see the Uso's and the Hart dynasty go @ it, hopefully these 2 kids did their studying from their family, because I expect the best from these Uso's.

Also would like to see kane do something except bury someone or job. Another guy they need to not drop the ball with is Evan Bourne, me being a short guy myself, I respect the hell out of bourne for sticking in there and eventually getting the recognition he deserves. Maybe he dosent get bigger than Rey Rey, but we need some more guys that can drop our jaws with flips and outside dives.

Big Wade Barrett... I really hope he in some ways screws someone out of the title @ Fatal 4 way, jus would be a perfect set up to the next PPV where Wade can challenge for the strap. I also want to see some R Truth defending that belt. He finally got the strap and now he needs to be a fighting champion and WWE should really get behing this guy. How big of a swerve ball would it be if Truth ended up turning SES. Anyway you look @ it, this would bring him up a level, and also leave room to change his gimmick up a bit, that would make for some great tv and storylines.

But it all starts with this PPV coming up. Fatal 4 Way is the new concept and if they want to continue it as a yearly event, than this debut should be stacked and I expect nothing less form the chairman of the board.

I've heard that WWE is planning to do singles matches or regular tag team matches in the F4W PPV. Like Hart Dynasty vs Usos. Really? What the fuck is the point of having the PPV named Fatal 4 Way if there will be no fatal 4 way matches besides the main events? I understand the other themed PPVs like TLC or Elimination Chamber being the main events only themed but this PPV should be all Fatal 4 Way matches because there are no props like Tables Ladders or Chairs used or a big ass cage locking people inside. Just 4 guys in each match. That would make things so much more interesting, like Miz vs Morrison vs R-Truth vs Evan Bourne for the US Title or Kofi vs Hardy vs McIntyre vs Christian for the IC Title or Fatal 4 Way Tag Title match which we haven't seen in forever. Those type of matches will make the PPV look good and will probably make the PPV more exciting. Maybe have qualifying matches for the title matches at the PPV like the World Titles had qualifiers.

What do you guys think about this?

I agree with you on this one. I love seeing fatal four way tag team matches. The last one, if memory serves me right, was the one where Mercury busted his nose at Armegeddon 2005 or 2006, i cannot remember which now, Hardys vs MNM vs London and Kendrick vs Regal and Taylor (if im not mistaken)

I agree. All matches need to be 4 ways. Just like the Survivor Series was ruined; all matches ahould have been traditional team matches.

Because if you have 6 or 7 fatal fourways in a row, by the time you get to the main events they become dull. Also, by that time you'd be seeing guys that probably don't deserve any time on PPV. Two is more then enough, and anything more will make it repititive, dull, and an overkill of an event. That's why not every match at TLC, HIAC, and Elimination Chamber are those matches, otherwise by the time that you're an hour in, the crowd will be dead from the spots that the first two/three matches brought and it will all become repititive. Some diversity is nice in a PPV. This isn't TNA.

Reactions: gd
I've heard that WWE is planning to do singles matches or regular tag team matches in the F4W PPV. Like Hart Dynasty vs Usos. Really? What the fuck is the point of having the PPV named Fatal 4 Way if there will be no fatal 4 way matches besides the main events? I understand the other themed PPVs like TLC or Elimination Chamber being the main events only themed but this PPV should be all Fatal 4 Way matches because there are no props like Tables Ladders or Chairs used or a big ass cage locking people inside. Just 4 guys in each match. That would make things so much more interesting, like Miz vs Morrison vs R-Truth vs Evan Bourne for the US Title or Kofi vs Hardy vs McIntyre vs Christian for the IC Title or Fatal 4 Way Tag Title match which we haven't seen in forever. Those type of matches will make the PPV look good and will probably make the PPV more exciting. Maybe have qualifying matches for the title matches at the PPV like the World Titles had qualifiers.

What do you guys think about this?

see you say that now but im willing to bet if WWE did do that at the end you'lll be mad about ecery match being FATAL4WAYS because thay became dull its just like PERFECT POSTER said he beat me to it this isnt TNA where theres a PPV full of cage matches and i like cage matches but too many gets old thats why there shouldnt be a PPV full of FATAL4WAYs because it would get old and would the MAINEVENTS wouldnt mean as much and by the time the ME got thier people would b*tching so please think before you post

Well if you have a bunch of fatal 4ways it will make the main event matches less special

this really shouldnt be a surprise, look at all the other gimmick ppvs.
Hell in a Cell was advertised as every match in hell in a cell but if i recall there was only 3 hell in a cell matches.

TLC had only 1 TLC match!...then one Ladder, one Tables and one Chairs (wtf?) match.

I mean its unfortunate that we cant see more fatal 4 ways, but it makes sense.

Ok, but at least make it like TLC did and have 1 or 2 triple threats because other than the main events, the rest of the card will be Raw or SmackDown matches without commercials. I think the Tag Titles should be contested under Fatal 4 Way rules because it's different and we haven't seen that since WrestleMania XX, I think. But, if yout hink about it, if you put good talent in different Fatal 4 Way matches like Evan Bourne, you would get to see different spots or they can add an elimination stipulation to a match. But 2 Fatal 4 Ways and the rest of the card singles matches would be crap in my opinion.

I have to say, I agree with Perfect Poster and Peep4life, having every match the same would be stupid, it's not like extreme rules where all your matches are extreme, at least they can be various extreme matches. I think having just the 2 fatal 4 way matches is enough, I would love to see a Fatal 4 way Tag Team Match soon, but not at Fatal Four Way, would be too much, and I'd get bored.

I would like to see;

Drew McIntyre vs Kofi Kingston for the IC title
The Uso's vs The Hart Dynasty for the Undisputed Tag Team titles
Eve vs Maryse for the Divas title
R Truth vs Chris Jericho or The Miz for the US title

I can't think of any none title matches unless something progress's with the NXT or Kane storyline.

I think having all the matches as 4ways would be better than only the two main events. while i do agree it could get repetitive but the 4way concept is easily changed for example you can have one fall or elimination matches and if we go with the probable line up for this ppv then having mainly heaveyweights in the main events but adding characters like evan bourne to the us it would make different spots and endings it could easily work as an enjoyable and different to the norm ppv

Let's keep all general discussion about the upcoming Pay Per View in this thread.

After the events on Raw not only do we have a new U.S. Champion in The Miz, but a title match at F4W between the former and newly crowned champ, but a window of opportunity also opens itself to be passed through. What am I talking about? Let me explain. If you watched Raw than you noticed that John Morrison hit the Starship Pain on R-Truth, then The Miz threw Morrison out capitalizing on the stunned R-Truth for the "W" and the title. It's fair to say that it looked as if John Morrison was about to win the match though, and an upset of this sort opens up a great opportunity for the WWE at F4W with John Morrison.

People have been talking about a Morrison heel turn of sorts for a while, and I think if they are going to do it anytime soon, Sunday is perfect timing after what happened on Raw. Him getting "Cheated" out of the title is the perfect vain excuse for a character like his to say "F-IT" and turn. You could have Morrison cost R-Truth the title so that he can beat The Miz for it since he cost him the match on Raw. Morrison should then go over Miz . This is how you could in turn have an R Truth - Morrison feud that might be worth watching as well.

Normally I guess you wouldn't want to have a guy turn heel to face a heel first, but in this case I think it's the only way to get John Morrison over. He isn't going to do it TRYING to be the face. But, if he reverted to heel tactics to beat a highly hated heel like The Miz, I think that could be just the recipe for success with Morrison.

So, do you think this is the window of opportunity? Do you think they will capitalize on it at F4W possibly? What do you think they should do at F4W in this situation if not that?

I do like the idea of a JoMo heel turn, but i would do it differently.

i would have the ref get "accidentally" knocked out. The Miz ends up grabbing the belt and knocking R-Truth out with it. Instead of trying to wake the ref up he gets a chair and as he is about to hit Truth, JoMo runs to the ring, takes the chair, and hits Miz. He then puts Truth on top of Miz and gets the ref in the ring. After the match while they are celebrating, JoMo attacks Truth. The next night on Raw he says the reason he turned on Truth was because he is tired of being the nice guy. Being the nice guy has gotten him nowhere. He says that he had R-Truth beat last week, and that is why he made sure R-Truth won at F4W. He's going to show everybody that he is better than R-Truth. That he is better than everybody there. That is why he is the Guru Of Greatness. Or something along those lines.

I just think that a feud with R-Truth would get JoMo over more as a heel than one with The Miz. R-Truth is one of the top faces on Raw. So that would be instant heat on him. But WWE will probably have The Miz win so he can feud with R-Truth for awhile. And keep JoMo face where he will continue doing nothing.

Could be a GREAT window of oppotunity, IMO a Morrison - Truth fued would be awesome, the trash talking on the mic would be fairly good, and the in-ring action would be UNBELIEVABLE. I've got no idea how they would transition JoMo into the heel role, but I'd imagine it would be something like StoneColdStoner said, JoMo screws Miz, Turns on Truth and on RAW cuts a promo about how he had the U.S title won, until Miz screwed him out of it and made sure Truth won at F4W. Then have Truth keep the title for the first PPV match, then have JoMo go over in the rematch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back