WWE Fatal Four Way - General Discussion

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
200px-Fatal_4_Way_%282010%29.jpg

On June 20th, 2010, the WWE will debut their new Fatal Fourway PPV concept. I believe it's safe to assume that the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship titles will be contested in the Fatal Fourway match type.

Let's keep all of the general discussion on this PPV in here.

I'm interested to see how the WHC match goes down, the main event scene is pretty much non existent, only consisting of Swagger and Show. Personally, I see Christian and Drew McIntyre being the other two.

I wonder how a Fatal Four Way for the Unified Tag Team Titles would go. It's possible that they could do it elimination style, which I would be a major proponent for as Fatal Four Way Elimination matches are one of my favorite matches. Maybe two teams from RAW and two from SmackDown even though SD is in short supply of tag teams.

Miz/Jericho vs. Hart Dynasty vs. The Dude Busters vs. The Straight Edge Society

Just an example.

who cares the ppv is not going to be good they need way better creative there video games storylines are way better and they long enough to tell a story let alone last long enough for a ppv
thats why me and most of the wwe stars are going to TNA because they dont have to be held down by creative just look at RVD and Jeff Hardy

I don't think I even have to say anything... :banghead:
Sometimes, I believe you should have to pass an IQ test before being allowed in the forums

Personally, I hope they don't bomb with this one. I've always been a fan of multi-man matches and was excited this is one of the gimmick PPVs (which I hate the idea of btw). I'm most looking forward to the Intercontinental title match, which looks like it's going to be Kingston vs McIntyre vs Hardy vs Rhodes, well at least to me it does. Then given reports that Randy Orton broke his arm, the WWE title match, if Orton is excluded, just lost alot of it's luster. Cena vs Sheamus vs Edge vs Orton would've been very entertaining IMO, but I'm curious as to who would replace Orton if he does have to be removed. Triple H (early return)? Jericho (though 3 heels would be too much)? Miz? Evan Bourne (wishful thinking)?

Also, I hope there's a fatal fourway tag match, at least one gimmick four way (extreme rules, cage, ladder, etc. just something different), and a new US champion. Seriously, Hart having the belt is nice for old school fans but shit for the product.

With Orton possibly out, this leaves a huge hole in the Raw roster. Will we see an early return of HHH? Will we see a midcard face elevated to main event? Who knows!

The lock of Cena/Orton/Edge/Sheamus seems to be in jeopardy right now. I could possibly see R-Truth getting the nod for main event. He seems to be the most over face available on the Raw roster right now besides Orton.

I think if Orton is out that its alot more likely that Triple H comes back for the main event. Idk how long he is scheduled to be out though. I don't see an angle where R-Truth gets in, at least I hope not. Jericho is another possible wrestler but then it would be 3 heels vs Cena...

I have my fingers crossed for the Miz personally, he could dip his toes in the main event water, maybe get some ME exposure and make Edge and Sheamus look strong when he takes Cena's pinfall...

Oh, I'm picking Cena for this BTW.

As for Smackdown... I have no idea, Drew McIntyre will be busy with Matt Hardy, Kofi will be defending the IC, Christian is a solid bet, and since the draft I actually can't remember who else is still there...

Just my Opinion

Why are you guys discussing this so early? We have no idea what will happen by then. We do know no more Orton so that's out of the question. They need to be more careful. Doing that random stomping was bound to break his arm. The Age of Controversy is short lived and over. Back to the Age of You Can't Wrestle.

I think the plans now will be: Sheamus, Cena, Edge and surprise return, HHH. Also with Orton gone, Edge will possibly feud with Cena and join the Celtic Warrior. Triple Threat feud which culminates with HHH returning and joining the feud with the excuse that he wants revenge on Sheamus and so gets implanted into the match.

. Maybe two teams from RAW and two from SmackDown even though SD is in short supply of tag teams. Miz/Jericho vs. Hart Dynasty vs. The Dude Busters vs. The Straight Edge Society

SmackDown is in short supply of pretty much everything right now. All the stars are back on Raw, which is cool but SD is going downhill. I dont see The Dude Busters getting a title shot so soon. I'm Thinking Miz/Jericho vs. Hart Dynasty vs. Hawkins and his partner(Sorry dont remember his name at the moment) vs. R. Truth/Morrison(If he returns from injury)
The WWE is really lacking in Tag Teams, PERIOD!!! I really like the Miz/Jericho combination. Those two are meant for eachother.. Another possible addition to the match could be DX. Triple H returns from injury and I hear Xpac may return to the WWE. That would be great....

I see a fatal 4 way match for the Intercontinental championship- Drew McIntyre vs Matt Hardy vs Christian vs Kofi Kingston (c). this makes sense as they have all been working together some what as Christian lost to kofi on smackdown for the title, and matt and Drew have had a feud on smackdown also so its possible:banghead:

i think triple h will make his return a couple of weeks before the ppv and beats the crap out of sheamus and gets put in the match but as the wwe announcers try to get us to believe anything can happen in the WWE

I wouldn't mind if Santino and Kozlov finally teaming up for Unified Tag Team Championship match at Fatal Four Way, but either way I don't see The Hart Dynasty losing the titles anytime soon.

imo there is already 3 locked in for raws fatal 4 way match with cena edge and sheamus,, but there is a space for the 4th with orton injured. i think they were saving hhh to return at sumerslam. r-truth will not get the main event push just because he was from tna and a former nwa champ... you know how vince is with the tna switchers.

so hopefully they would wither give morrison a push to main event starting tomorrow night on raw to let him prove himself. or let jericho come back up to the main event card. but i dont want to have hhh come back so soon.

so randy orton maybe be injred ok some better step up to the palce. WE have edge cena shemus ok 4 spot ooo wait ted debise. Waht abotu the women chapion ship. Why dosent Natalya get in the women title picture. I mena she would be great in a math never seen her wrestle. Smackdown we have punk.big shoe and taker or is he take some time off now if so pus some new talen is that what tna was all about new talen. come i thoguth this ppv was good a ltitle few mathc wre dull poor randy jsut wean things were really look good this year. The tag team was great cnat wait for this ppv Natalya need to get in to the women diviso give her the tile to make the hart even stonger come some need to creat a blog about that

i can't wait hope raw have john cena vs Miz vs Sheamus vs Edge
Orton take edge out before the match or stops him from winning or something either way its going to be a cracker of a match

First Time Poster here. These are my predictions:

Cena vs Edge vs Sheamus vs HHH for the WWE title.

Big Show vs Swagger vs CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight title.

Kofi Kingston vs Drew McIntye vs Christian vs MVP for the Intercontinental title. Matt Hardy will continue selling his injury so he can't compete and be involved in screwing over McIntyre and thus continuing their feud.

Ted DiBiase vs R-Truth vs Evan Bourne vs John Morrison for the U.S. Heavyweight Title. If Bret Hart holds the title until the PPV, he will forfeit at the PPV causing the new Raw GM to declare a 4 way match between these guys.

Hart Dynasty vs Jericho / Miz vs Hawkins / Archer vs Kozlov & Regal or Kozlov & Marella for the Unified Tag Team titles. I put Hawkins / Archer over the Dudebusters because of their actual tag team title experience. Hawkins held the tag team gold with Ryder in the WWE and Archer has tag team gold in TNA. Also they said they have 30 days to make an impact and if you're in a tag title match you're makin' an impact.

The Women's title is pointless without Beth Phoenix unless someone like Gail Kim makes the move to Smackdown. Firing Mickie james was a bad idea as it makes the idea of a four way with Layla, McCool, Kelly Kelly and Tiffany the only possibility. Unless they put Serena in there to win S.E.S. some titles.

The Divas title should be on Smackdown and the Women's title should be on Raw as the Divas title is more appropriate for the caliber of wrestlers on Smackdown. Eve vs Maryse vs Gail Kim vs Natalya should be the four way match for this title. Also Eve and Beth Phoenix should switch places. Having Beth on Raw with the Women's title where she could be challenged by Gail Kim, Natalya, Maryse, Jillian and eventually Melina would be much better. Also move Alicia Fox to Smackdown, she's a good fit for the Diva's division.

r-truth will not get the main event push just because he was from tna and a former nwa champ... you know how vince is with the tna switchers.

^ Jeff Hardy anyone? WWE Champ, World Heavyweight Champ, World Tag-Team Champ, Intercontinental Champ... All AFTER he came back from TNA.

Just Saying.

As for the PPV, for Raw I think Bret will drop the Title tonight, giving way to Four new guys going for the belt (Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Ted Dibiase, Yoshi Tatsu), and for the WWE Championship, maybe R-Truth or a return from Triple H.

Smackdowns a bit more obvious, Intercontinental will be Drew, Kofi, Matt, Christian or Cody. While the World Title match will probably be something of Swagger, Show, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk or Christian.

Personally, i don't believe that WWE has the strength in depth in their roster to have a convincing and decent four-way match for each title. Following the trend of other gimmick PPV's such as 'Breaking Point' and 'HIAC', i would imagine only the two world titles and the tag titles being defended under fatal four-way rules.

My picks for the event:

WHC - Swagger/Show/Punk/Rey
Does the job for me. Continues the feuds on from the previous PPV and i think they are the 4 top guys on a very depleted SD!

WWE - Cena/Sheamus/Edge/????
This was the hardest to predict, due to a number of reasons. Firstly, with a distinct lack of tag teams in the WWE, i can see a few mid-card teams formed e.g. Jericho/Miz, R-Truth/Morrison so i can see those four ruled out (not that i believe all of them deserve a shot at this moment in time). Secondly, with rumours of Bret Hart dropping the US title, i could easily see a title tournament set in place and the finals occurring at the PPV, with the winner of the final getting the title so again, two of RAW's midcarders are engaged in that feud.

Tag Titles - Hart Dynasty/Jericho and Miz/Truth and Morrison/SES
I think the first three teams pick themselves (obviously the Harts do as they're the champs!!) but i think to really drive home that the champs can be on both shows, SD! needs some involvement in this match. I don't think the Dudebusters or Hawkins/Archer are ready yet so the only viable option i see is Gallows/Masked man as Gallows is reguarly involved in tag matches on SD!, and Punk is tied up in the ME scene.

I believe that that if any other title was to be defended under these rules, then perhaps the Intercontinental title, with Kofi defending against Christan, Drew and then one from Hardy/Ziggler/Rhodes. But i feel this will make the ME matches seem similar and less entertaining as it is the same match three times. Maybe a variation for this match; perhaps elimination or maybe an extreme rules, but again, it will essentially be the first match in a series of samey matches with wrestlers replaced for other ones. That is my main gripe about the gimmick PPVs but i won't get into that here.

I don't think they will have all the titles on the line but if they do here's my predictions:

WHC- Show vs. Swagger vs. Mysterio vs. Punk

WWE- Cena vs. Edge vs. Sheamus vs. Triple H (I don't see them pushing any of the mid-carders especially in a short amount of time to replace Orton)

IC- Kofi vs. Drew vs. Christian vs. Ziggler (I'd say Matt Hardy but that would leave a 4th spot wide open with a ridiculous filler and Ziggler and Christian recently began a feud)

Tag Team- Hart Dynasty vs. Hawkins/Archer vs. Jericho/Miz vs. The Dudebusters (Most people say SES but that would leave CM Punk in 2 matches which is unlikely or even out of the WHC match which is unlikely)

US- Truth vs. Dibiase vs. 2 fillers maybe Bourne and Ryder

Divas- Eve vs. Maryse vs. Gail Kim vs. Fox

Women's- Only option: McCool vs. Layla vs. Tiffany vs. Kelly Kelly (They could just have a McCool vs Layla match to decide the true women's champion.)

WWE Title:

Cena (c) vs Orton** vs Sheamus vs Edge

Quite a star-studded match, and I'm actually quite excited to see Sheamus, and how he's going to handle being in the ring with the talents of Orton and Edge. I will be quite upset if Cena retains, because he his facing two big heels, and a tweener who he has quite a storied past with.

** - I'm thinking Orton could have a last minute replacement if his shoulder injury keeps him from performing, but, I highly doubt that's going to happen.

World Heavyweight Championship:

I'm expecting-

Swagger (c) vs Show vs CM Punk vs The Undertaker

I'm picking 'Taker over Mysterio because I feel that the feud ended between Punk and Rey at OtL, and it's been rumored that he wants time off. I'd like to see Punk winning his fourth WHC belt. But, considering Punk is a heel, I don't see him winning to start a feud with current heel, Swagger.

United States Championship:

R-Truth (c) vs DiBiase vs John Morrison* vs David Otunga**

I'm picking Otunga to win NXT, and pin R-Truth, having DiBiase cause Truth the championship.

* - This is only if Morrison has returned from injury.
** - This is assuming Otunga wins. If not I pick DB/BD

Intercontiental Championship:

Kofi Kingston (c) vs Drew McIntyre vs Christian vs Dolph Ziggler/MVP

Kofi needs to retain here, and of course, McIntyre throws a bitch fit because he loses, and of course, extends the Kofi-McIntyre feud.

Unified Tag Team Titles:

Hart Dynasty (c) vs Miz & Jericho vs The Usos vs [3 Options]*

* [Option 1] I see the "masked" wrestler of SES becoming unmasked soon (Joey Mercury?), and him and Gallows fighting for the titles.
or
* [Option 2] Dudebusters
or
* [Option 3] Hawkins/Archer

Then of course, it's highlighted by Harts and Jiz, With some nice spots from The Usos.

I think the Harts have to win to maintain credability, but, I think they'll sadly give the gold to Jiz/Mizicho/JeriMiz/Whatever...

Women's Titles:

Who cares?

That's my two cents.

Ok so now we know the WHC Fatal 4 Way is Jack Swagger[C] vs. Big Show vs. Cm Punk vs. The Undertaker. When i heard Undertaker was returning on Smackdown this week it got me thinking doesnt he ussaully take longer breaks? well we all know SD! GOT SCREWED in the draft and there lack of ME could be why they brought him back so soon but i realized they had other people to be in the match. it could of been SWAGGER vs. SHOW vs. PUNK vs. CHRISTIAN because Mysterio is taking time off.

So heres my Questions doesnt UNDERTAKER ussaully take longer breaks and did WWE bring back UNDERTAKER so they didnt have to put CHRISTIAN in his rightful spot in the MainEvent or am i just thinking to much into it.

if its in the wrong spot feel free to move it.

It's never been confirmed that all matches will be Fatal 4-Ways. I would assume, as with every other themed PPV that only the "main-events" will be contested under 4-way rules. That being said, the WWE and World Titles situations have been confirmed.

What about the Unified Tag Team Titles?

That would be the "other" 4-way if they limit it to a few select matches. The tag titles have been pushed harder than either the I.C. or the U.S. since they were unified and won by Jericho and Edge over a year ago. They remain the 3rd most hotly contested title it seems.

I'm thinking the Hart Dynasty defend against Jericho and the Miz and a few other opponents. It seems ludicrous to leave Jericho off the card and this is the only way he's getting on, so might as well give Jericho and Miz another shot.

I think Straight Edge Society needs to be involved. Luke Gallows and the "masked" partner who will be forced to lose his mask because Punk is now masked and Punk is the leader. They can use their own identity away from Punk and they need to be able to get involved in their own matches. (Serena too).

As a 4th team, sure it's completely stupid but Rey and Kane. What purpose did Kane have arguably helping Rey at Over the Limit? Just to set up Punk beating Kane on Smackdown!? Seems entirely unnecessary. Sure, Kane tried killing Rey two years ago, but we all know how quickly things are forgotten in the 'E. It'd give them both something to do and there can be an injury angle in the match to take Rey out.

Also, that new team that debuted on Raw. It's just a little too soon. I don't feel like watching a team of two guys I don't even know, and the general fanbase will feel the same. Not that they shouldn't make an appearance, but it should be after the match to attack the Hart Dynasty who undoubtedly win!

Also, the SES should take out Rey and later get involved in the Fatal 4 Way for Punk's sake. Kane comes out to even the score and he can at least battle the SES and have a legit feud going with Punk and his crew. That Over the Limit run-in is pointless otherwise unless something's done. Just seems so horribly out of place unless something comes of it.

I really hope this new concept is used right because it could potentially be a great asset to the WWE. I like the whole theme to it, how it reminds me of Taboo Tuesday/ Cyber Sunday. Anyway, I wish I could say the world title match was Swagger Vs Big Show Vs CM Punk Vs Christian but of course Christian has been shit on again and Mysterio will get another title shot that we all know he will not win. I really hope that the Unified Tag Team Champonship is defended in a Fatal 4 Way elimination style match ala Backlash 2005 and Armageddon 2002 because it is both entertaining and a great way to get a tag team over. IC title should be defended like this Kingston Vs JTG Vs Ziggler Vs Christian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back