Owen vs. Honky Tonk

• The Rocket

• Elvis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE Rules, from Calgary, AL.

#9. "The King of Hart's" Owen Hart
owenhart.jpeg

vs.

#24. The Honky Tonk Man
HonkyTonkMan.JPG

This is Owen all the way. Honky was tricky, but Owen was flat out better than he was. Honky was long gone by the time Owen hit his prime and therefore he never really faced anyone like this. I can't imagine Honky's tricks working on another solid heel. Owen gets the Sharpshooter and knocks Honky out before he hits the final 64.

The Honky Tonk Man... entertaining as hell and was the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion of all time, but Owen would easily kick his ass. Honky's too slow, not smart enough, and let's the crowd irritate him way too much for him not to get dismantled against Owen in Calgary. Eventually, either Owen would catch him, or Honky would just do something to get himself disqualified or counted out.

Owen Hart is nowhere near as good as people seem to think he was. He won two intercontinental championships because Steve Austin got injured, otherwise it'd have been one, and his European title win came after he beat somebdy taking the piss and playing dress up.

While he may have been entertaining to watch for about 3 or 4 years when he was the rocket, or when he was the original blue blazer in the lucha lire promotions, he never really won anything. After that, he just became Bret Hart lite, and won the only significant match of his career against his brother.

Honky Tonk Man may have been dross and far moreboring to watch, but he made a career of cheating guys like Owen out of a win, which made him the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all the times.

Honky Tonk man would win this match, probably by cheating and twatting Owen round the head with a guitar, but winning nonetheless. I sincerely doubt the votes will go that way though.

Owen. There's not much more to say. Honky Tonk will probably get a chance to go for Shake, Rattle, and Roll, and Owen will pull him to the mat, and give him a Sharpshooter.

The real fun of this bracket will be arguing the Harley Race v. Owen match-up next round.

Owen is dead, therefore he is automatically better, or at least that's how it seems the voting goes in this tourny anyway, Owen Hart may be one of the single most overrated wrestled to ever step in the fucking ring, outside a a few good matches with his brother and nearly crippling Stone Cold and falling to his death what the hell has Owne Hart ever fucking down that would lead anyone to beleive he is even a fraction as good as people claim him to be?

Honky Tonk Man wins this, he uses heel tactics to knock Owen the fuck out and pins him for the win, simple as that

Honky Tonk Man may be 'cool, cocky, bad', but he's not a BLACK HEART! I'd pick Owen to win under any circumstances. Owen's as dirty, if not dirtier than HTM. Owen wins convincingly.

Owen Hart was just as sneaky as the Honky Tonk Man, only he wasn't as good at it. Look at Owen in 1994, he might have beat Bret (*cough* roll up*cough*), but he very rarely beat any other matches with skill. He might have been a more entertaining wrestler to watch. But he wasn't very smart. Under the goofy gimmick, Honky was one of the smarter wrestlers around in his era.

The Honky Tonk Man is one of the most overrated guys in history. How he managed to hold on to the IC strap for as long as he did will always remain a mystery to me. He was a fucking Elvis Presley impersonator for all intents and purposes. Owen Hart, while I'm not a huge fan of his, had more wrestling ability and skill in his left nut than Jerry Lawler's baby cousin had ever dreamed of having.

Owen has this without too much trouble. If Honky made it past the 5 minute mark, he should count his blessings.

OWEN is better than honky tonk man whether be fitness, stamina, athletic ability, technical ability, quickness or finishing moves.
its just a matter how quickly owen gets honky down on the mat.
OWEN wins with a sharpshooter in about 5 minutes.

Honky is too slow and won't be able to handle Hart's speed, Quite an easy one for Hart, well should be anyway.

Honky... as much as he held the IC title for a very long time, big deal. He managed to hold a title despite not ever being in a serious main event feud.

Owen may have been the inferior Hart, but he held the belts and we'll never know how good he could have been. We can only speculate, but I think he would been a champion

I got Owen here in a good matchup. Honky will try and sneak a guitar shot in, but Owen will avoid it and hit a big time enziguiri and hook the sharpshooter and Honky will be singing the blues.

Owen Hart, easily. Owen Hart practically did everything in the WWE, besides win the world championship. The guy had a main event run, got great matches out of Michaels and his brother, amongst others, dominated the tag ranks, became a European and IC champion, and a King of the Ring. Honky Tonk Man has a gimmick, and one of the most forgettable, albeit, longest title reigns in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back