Would Miz vs Morrison sell?

While I would love to see it, I don't think The Rock will do anything other than host this year's 'Mania, and that includes refereeing.

However, I can definitely see The Rock getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame next year in Miami, his home town. Could we possibly see The Rock vs. John Cena the night after at Wrestlemania 28 in The Rock's hometown in one final match? Now, THAT would be one for the ages!!!

I see a lot of people loving to make this comparison.

Miz is NO Shawn Michaels.

Morrison has been getting a nice push, going over Sheamus (a 2x wwe champ) and having the most impressive spot in the entire rumble.

This comparison is terrible.

Not once have I suggested The Miz as the HBK.

But now you talk about it, there are comparisons..before Miz made it big he wore the silly glittery shorts and is portrayed as quite the dick. Aswell as having the verbal skills of one HBK.

2010 for the Miz: WWE Tag Team Champion, MITB, US Champ x 2, WWE Champ. Not bad.

I do believe HBK was tag team champions at some point, won a ladder match or 2, was the underdog, aswell as WWE Champ aswell as one of the most irritable men to walk to a WWE ring.

In terms of accolades, really what does Jomo have to show for the last year or 2? He has a flash move set, but in terms of marketability Jomo seems to fall very short on that.

what does Jomo have to show for the last year or 2? He has a flash move set, but in terms of marketability Jomo seems to fall very short on that.

So according to you, even though this guy got a pretty big pop tonight on RAW, and has been getting a massive push over the last couple of months, while at the same time making some much needed changes to his character....It won't pay off in the end because he isn't marketable? Didn't WCW say that exact same thing about Stone cold before he came to WWE?

It's easy to predict what's gonna happen with Morrison when you personally don't care for him, but to claim you "Know" he will never have Main-event success is just a little bit ignorant if you ask me.

So according to you, even though this guy got a pretty big pop tonight on RAW, and has been getting a massive push over the last couple of months, while at the same time making some much needed changes to his character....It won't pay off in the end because he isn't marketable? Didn't WCW say that exact same thing about Stone cold before he came to WWE?

It's easy to predict what's gonna happen with Morrison when you personally don't care for him, but to claim you "Know" he will never have Main-event success is just a little bit ignorant if you ask me.

Call it ignorance, or you could call it an opinion.

I'm going to go with the latter, because if I am wrong then I am sure the person themselves would do everything in their power to defy the critics.

Isn't marketable? Well I hardly see the guy selling out the booths with his tshirts or coming out every 3 months with a new tshirt. Big pops? Pretty good push? Yea so what, Christian get's some nice pops but he will never get to Edge's status in WWE.

When Jomo develops a character, cuts a decent promo....with one that connects with the crowd..starts selling tshirts and get's his name chanted then I will be more convinced.

Morrison has been getting a nice push, going over Sheamus (a 2x wwe champ) and having the most impressive spot in the entire rumble.

I love how this is included as someone's explanation for a push. Anyway back on topic.

I for one would be extremely happy if we got Miz - Morrison at WM, giving them a huge spotlight without worrying if they will draw or not can only be good for them.

I'm going to go with the latter, because if I am wrong then I am sure the person themselves would do everything in their power to defy the critics.

Isn't marketable? Well I hardly see the guy selling out the booths with his tshirts or coming out every 3 months with a new tshirt. Big pops? Pretty good push? Yea so what, Christian get's some nice pops but he will never get to Edge's status in WWE.

When Jomo develops a character, cuts a decent promo....with one that connects with the crowd..starts selling tshirts and get's his name chanted then I will be more convinced.

Ok, sorry about using the word "Ignorant", your right, it's only your opinion.

But the way your using your words makes it seem like your trying to speak for everybody else, telling people how they should feel about Morrison.

Maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but their have been wrestler's in the past who have made a huge connection with the audience without ever cutting "Great promo's".

Just to name a few.....Bill Goldberg, Jeff hardy, Chris Benoit, Rob van dam, Brock lesnar (at least not that I know of).

Even Bret hart at his very best on the mic during his Heel run, wasn't anything special. These guy's got over without the benefit of a microphone in their hands. I understand that history isn't exactly on Morrison's side, being as their are 10X more Wrestler's who got over with their mic skills.

But give the guy the benefit of the doubt......

I think it's more likely that Rock will simply end up refereeing the Cena vs Miz match. People are setting themselves up for a disappointment if they think Rock will actually wrestle.

Rock took the piss out of both of them which to me indicates that both will fire back and then Rock will be placed as the ref for their title match to try and make it seem big enough for a Mania main event.

If this happens it'll be like WM 20 when SCSA was ref between Goldberg and Brock Lesnar.Except there will be wrestling.But it doesnt matter if theres wrestling.Everyone will be chanting the Rocks name.And when Cena or Miz wins and the loser is backstage and the Rock and the winner staring off when the Rock hits the Rock Bottom and the Peoples Elbow to close the show.

The Rock simply being at wrestlemania basically just sells the show.The only reason he was probally bought it was because Vince knew he needed some star power.

its funny i came along this thread because i was asking myself the very same question after raw.
i think its very possible if Vince digs deep into his pocket he could make the match happen, & i would like nothing more then for jomo and miz headline WM 27 with jomo winning his 1st title. BUT i doubt it will happen. its more likely miz will vs cena at mania with rock as the guest referee. Even thought i hate cena and im sorta over the whole miz is awesome thing (his not) i wouldnt mind seeing these guys go at it on the mic.
hopefully they can do cena vs rock...and jomo vs miz headline mania! but until then we just have to watch and see.

The Rock and John Cena have slanging matches leading up to WM27. Rock is placed as Ref for the match. Cena wins. Rock raises his arms then drops a Rock bottom.

He gets on the mic and says "See you next year in Miami". Rock wrestles his last match EVER at WM28 against Cena.

Face it, Morrison is the true Janetty out of Miz/Morrison.

As much as some fans want to say otherwise, the Jizz.....excuse me, Miz is NOT HBK, is nowhere NEAR HBK and NEVER WILL be HBK. The same can be said for John Morrison as it relates to Marty Janetty. Morrison has loads of talent and pulls off spots that have never been used in the WWE. He's one of the few innovative talents on WWE programming at the moment so to compare him to Janetty is absolutely ridiculous.

With respect, that's total bull. I don't know if there's any evidence that Morrison wouldn't sell considering he's one of the most over people right now. If the crowd was dead, then yeah, maybe but Morrison is thriving in an environment where the Main Event is reputed to be packed.
Having people cheer for you, and getting people to pay money for you are two completely different things. If the WWE thought Miz vs. Morrison would sell, then the match would have happened at the Royal Rumble, like it was supposed to, instead of on Raw.

I'm pretty sure if the officials didn't see any potential in him they wouldn't make him go over Sheamus TWICE
Potential and drawing ability are completely different. The WWE saw a lot of potential in Shelton Benjamin, but he just never panned out. In fact, Morrison and Benjamin's career basically are shadows of one another. Perhaps Morrison can get over where Benjamin couldn't, but he hasn't been able to yet.

Morrison's also improving. It really did feel like he wasn't fuckin' around today. He was rightly PISSED as opposed to his usual happy gimmick. So yes, I think it would sell. This ain't the divas we're talking about here.
I would consider both the Miz and Morrison characters to be divas. :shrug:

Your argument looks like its based on opinion
An opinion supported by the fact Morrison has yet to become any kind of a reliable draw, and an opinion supported by the fact the Miz is currently feuding with Jerry Lawler, and his best way of getting over is Michael Cole on the headset.

I'm sure you can see how I'm far from convinced of the drawing power of these two together.

because you're one of the big times on these Forums, your opinion don't matter jackshit.
Agreed.

Of course, my opinion is currently supported by facts and by the way the show has been booked for the last several years. Yours is supported by...what exactly?

I've yet to see proof that Morrison vs Miz can't sell.
Morrison wins at TLC. Supposed to get a title match at Royal Rumble. WWE didn't think they'd sell, so they moved it to Raw.

There's your proof.

They fuckin' sold HHH vs Sheamus, they sold every single match with Cena, hell they'll sell Orton vs Punk and they were on the verge of selling Barrett vs Taker.
Uhh...exactly my point?

These are ALL lopsided matches.
But matches which contain guys who draw. HHH, Cena, Orton, Taker...those are the biggest draws in the WWE. Neither Miz or Morrison even rank in the Top 10.

If WWE can do one thing right, it's that it'll make you believe someone HAS a chance. So yes, Morrison vs Miz can sell but not as Main event at Mania. If and only if they have something to look forward to then it will sell and people will be interested.
I believe the WWE can make me believe Morrison can beat the Miz, but I don't think they can make the millions of their fans pay to watch the match. Which is the point of the thread, after all.

No. It won't be Cena vs. Rock....I hope it is...but it won't be. Let Rock give a People's Elbow and a Rock Bottom at Mania and I'd be happy with that.

Monday's RAW strengthened Morrison's chances of winning the Elimination Chamber if anything else. With the possibility of Rock facing Cena (I highly highly doubt so but its still plausible) and how Morrison acted on the show, the new found aggressiveness. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the 1st time that Morrison failed to raise his arm or title belt in the slow-motion(not sure what people call it) process?

He have notched up quite a number of consecutive wins and he is looking as strong as anyody else leading up to EC. He may very well win it, its still a long shot. However, after RAW, the odds of him winning the EC have taken a massive leap and he could very well face The Miz and Wrestlemania.

This would undoubtedly be the best thing for WrestleMania, for reasons I've stated in the Rock return thread http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=153846&page=15, but also because of an opportunity for an epic rise to ME for Morrison. What an opportunity to make history on yet another match for the WM card. They have the history, the chemistry, Miz has the mouth and the intensity, Morrison has the atheleticism and fan approval, the title between them, and with all the hubbub of Cena/Rock going on around them with Miz also antagonizing the two stars and Morrison playing hero to Miz's supervillain this could shape up to be a amazing month heading into WM. Please, Vince. Please, Rock!

As much as some fans want to say otherwise, the Jizz.....excuse me, Miz is NOT HBK, is nowhere NEAR HBK and NEVER WILL be HBK. The same can be said for John Morrison as it relates to Marty Janetty. Morrison has loads of talent and pulls off spots that have never been used in the WWE. He's one of the few innovative talents on WWE programming at the moment so to compare him to Janetty is absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly do agree with you. Sadly, if I had to consider a modern day Michaels-Jannetty one of the last teams that I'm looking at is Miz-Morrison. The ONLYreason why people look at that tag-team is because of the feud that they had that was about who the Jannetty was.

If you want modern examples the closer places to look at Jeff and Matt Hardy - Jeff went onto become a legitimate main event star in his own right, Matt was upper midcard at times but generally lower.

Another better M/J comparison would be Edge and Christian. As much as I love Christian the WWE have always under utilized his talents meanwhile Edge has had multiple world title reigns.

JoMo will get his this year. He is no Jannetty and Miz is no Michaels.

Having people cheer for you, and getting people to pay money for you are two completely different things. If the WWE thought Miz vs. Morrison would sell, then the match would have happened at the Royal Rumble, like it was supposed to, instead of on Raw.

Potential and drawing ability are completely different. The WWE saw a lot of potential in Shelton Benjamin, but he just never panned out. In fact, Morrison and Benjamin's career basically are shadows of one another. Perhaps Morrison can get over where Benjamin couldn't, but he hasn't been able to yet.

I would consider both the Miz and Morrison characters to be divas. :shrug:

An opinion supported by the fact Morrison has yet to become any kind of a reliable draw, and an opinion supported by the fact the Miz is currently feuding with Jerry Lawler, and his best way of getting over is Michael Cole on the headset.

I'm sure you can see how I'm far from convinced of the drawing power of these two together.

Agreed.

Of course, my opinion is currently supported by facts and by the way the show has been booked for the last several years. Yours is supported by...what exactly?

Morrison wins at TLC. Supposed to get a title match at Royal Rumble. WWE didn't think they'd sell, so they moved it to Raw.

There's your proof.

Uhh...exactly my point?

But matches which contain guys who draw. HHH, Cena, Orton, Taker...those are the biggest draws in the WWE. Neither Miz or Morrison even rank in the Top 10.

I believe the WWE can make me believe Morrison can beat the Miz, but I don't think they can make the millions of their fans pay to watch the match. Which is the point of the thread, after all.

Sorry, lol I really can't quote you on everything so I'll just do this instead.

For one, the argument that they didn't put Morrison v Miz in Royal Rumble is simply because Orton had unfinished business. They couldn't rip apart Orton and Miz.

Potential and Drawing ability ARE related. If Cena was a talentless hack, he wouldn't be able to draw. Morrison has talent and he can draw, part of it is Morrison's ability and the rest is WWE Machine. As I said, provided we have something to look forward to, yes Miz and Morrison can draw. Couple promos of how who's the Jannetty and we got a Main Event that never happened.

And Morrison HAS become a up and comer draw. The pop for him shows that, and him going over Sheamus shows that. How are the connected? Well, quite simply that If WWE didn't have confidence that Morrison could make them money he'd be in Mid-Card. Starch that, if VINCE wasn't confident he wouldn't be where he's at. And Vince likes his meat thick if y'know what I mean ;)

My facts are supported by things going on in WWE, but I digress.

Oh and also, I apologize I was outta line :)

Hmmm.. I don't think it would.. Not for the wwe title and also it would have to be a gimmick match like the one they had on Raw at the start of the year, because that match was good.. but for wrestlemania.. there are soo many otehr matches that would sell more than this one..

there is absolutley no reason for that match, because like always mcmahon will go with the wrong choice of miz, when there was no reason for morrison to lose even 1 match to miz during his entire career. Miz sucks more then anyone sucked and his championship reign is nothing short of a disgrace, vince mcmahon's royal rumble win is better then this. Morrison is much better in the ring, have better charisma and just 10 times better then this poor excuse of a wrestler. The only way morrison should go against miz is if wwe stops the rvd treatment and makes the right choice by giving him the belt.

Who said the WWE championship match has to be the main event? Morrison deserves a title shot. I would argue that his in-ring abilities supersede most of the Raw roster. He'll win the belt soon. Just wait and see.

It doesn't have to sell if Rock vs Cena is on the card. They can play up Morrison's rise and their history, and also since Miz is champion and The Rock mentioned him the build up to mania can mix the two feuds together for mometum for the WWE Championship match. I think it could work beautifully. And if they did it this way, none of you naysayers would be dissappointed.
Miz has promo intensity and Morrison has 'face value'. Never know, they could even put on a great match if they set up some killer spots. Maybe they can make it a cage match.

Miz vs. Morrison could not sell on its own. However, I think it could be an acceptable championship match for mania as long as it’s not the main event. IF WWE ends up going with Rock vs. Cena then they can get away with a weaker championship match. There wouldn’t be any pressure on them to carry the show and they would still get their moment in the spotlight. Keep in mind Tough Enough is coming back. What better way to promote Tough Enough than have two Tough Enough alumni competing for the WWE title at WrestleMania? So while I don’t mind Miz vs. Morrison for the title at mania I don’t think it is a strong enough match to sell the show. A blockbuster like Rock vs. Cena is the only way that would be acceptable.

NO!

The Miz vs John Cena is happening!

The Rock vs John Cena is happening NEXT YEAR, Really, think about it. They have him as a host this year, that's enough for this year and then have him start wrestling the Raw after Mania. Do this shit slowly. One special moment at a time. Rock's return. Cena's response to The Rock. The Rock's inevitable live in person return to Smackdown! for the first time in 7 years. Rock's first match since being back (Raw, then likely on SD! as well). Rock's first match on PPV since returning. All of these things will happen, and ppl are still for whatever reason still stuck on his "I'm not going to wrestle" lines like they mean anything when the "I wont return" bits didnt.

I'm Proud to say "I told you so" when many fans were bashing Rock or felt "betrayed" not only did I stand by my idol The Rock, but I called it on what he'd do as well. I'm not just talking about Rock vs Cena, but I remember posting a number of threads in the now shutdown WWE Universe to even mentioning here time and time again in Rock bashing threads that it was smart for him to stay away because his return would have more meaning than others who stick around on and off and that doing movies while staying away from wrestling would help WWE when he came back, and he had media coverage of his return and brought back old fans as well as new ones I'm sure, it's only a matter of time before he stars in WWE movies while being back fulltime which makes sense and it's also right on the mark with what I said about Vince being smart with Cena releasing statements on The Rock.

Not just that first year, but every year or so since he's said new things etc. And it shouldve been obvious as I kept saying then that this has been a match 7 years in the making, or maybe less than that, more like 5, but still this has been hyped in advance by WWE just subtly and you had to really look to see it, but of course and I always stated this in threads before, most ppl were always gonna see what they wanted to see, believe the usual never again bs, and fall right into the hoax which was good I said because it makes the return that much sweeter when you drink the kool-aid but the best part is the return was a real surprise and it wasnt a Raw in Miami or Survivor Series in Miami last year

HERE Is what SHOULD happen as it pertains to Morrison-

Money in the Bank Winner John Morrison cashes in on The Miz (which makes so much since given their history and Miz won his belt that way too) after The Miz beats John Cena. John Cena is not invincible damnit and lost at WrestleMania 24. He beat Miz all those times last year and it's time for HIM to put Miz over, it really makes no sense to have Cena win especially with The Rock back, no fans will go home unhappy which is why it makes more sense for him to just host.

You have Miz FINALLY legitimized as a top star by beating Cena after all these questionable wins, but you also build John Morrison in one swift cash-in, for the first time ever someone cashes in at Mania and wins as well, and it's perfect that Morrison cashes in on Miz and that would then make fans happy and elevate Morrison after Miz gets his rub from Cena, that would be a good move, two rubs, one night with that WWE title belt

That would be an ending I'm sure the fans, most, would love. Cena loses, which needs to happen, no one needs to win every damn year. And Miz and Morrison get put over in a youth talent crazed WWE which makes sense and next year Cena faces Rock and Rock will give Cena the rub. Cena doesnt need to win this year when he has the biggest match of his life coming in 2012

If they only had this match on raw and not at the Rumble, it's safe to say that there is no way in hell that This match will happen at Mania. He might be impressing alot of people lately but Morrison is still not ready to main event mania. and neither is the miz, but if the Miz has somebody to face that is Ready, or has been ready for years it will pass. They won't have this be one of the ME's of wrestlemania.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You will never be convinced, because you are just a hater. Period!

You know, I am getting sick of this "he needs to cut a good promo" bullshit. The Undertaker rarely talks, and yet is one of the most "over" guys in history. It's not World Talking Entertainment. Sure, a great promo helps tell a story, but I would rather watch someone who isn't proficient on the mike, but can wrestle the house down, because you can cover not cutting a promo better than poor ring work. Would you have preferred someone like Mr Kennedy as champion , then?

Morrison's flaws can be overcome. He can learn to not botch moves. As for stick-work, maybe he needs a "manager" (what a concept) to do some of the talking for him.

Chris Benoit didn't say much on the mike, but few ever produced the consistent match quality of "The Wolverine" (no justification for his reprehensible crimes, but he was a great performer). Maybe, Morrison isn't the next Shawn Michaels, but he may be more the next Jeff Hardy.

In fact, I could see John Morrison being on a similar standing of a Jeff Hardy, and look how popular Hardy became in his last year with WWE. Few bigger title celebrations by the fans than when Jeff finally captured the title at Armageddon 2008. Morrison does a few stunts, and if he can hit them properly, he can be used in that role, and WWE can rely on him more than they could Jeff Hardy as well, because Morrison doesn't have the drug problems Jeff had, so they can more confidently put the title on him. But he shouldn't win the title because he can cut a good promo. John Morrison should win the title because he deserves it (he deserves it more than Alberto Del Rio, who is nothing more than a flashy entrance, and has been shoved down our throats for the last six months. I can barely understand Del Rio, yet he gets a Wrestlemania main event. Yet you bag Morrison because he can't talk?:banghead:

Back to the subject, I would like to see come out of the Rock's promo, that Cena gives it back to the Rock (maybe saying that he is loyal, unlike the Rock, who left the WWE to make movies). Then, for one-night-only, they have the Rock step back in the ring and fight John Cena. It would be the match of the ages. Then they can have Miz defend his WWE Title against John Morrison , a match that most people (except for you) would enjoy.

Rock vs. Cena is not happening, not this year, WWE has already invested to much in setting up Cena/Miz at WM, they planted the seed for it at the Rumble, and have been building it up since, including when the Rock took shots at BOTH of them in his promo, sometime in the coming weeks both Cena and Miz are going to come out and respond to Rock, and Rock is once again going to put them in their place, then the anonymous GM is going to chime in and make the announcement that Rock is the special Ref at WM, or enforcer, whatever and BOOM your WM Main event is set, both Cena and Miz get huge rubs of the Rock

Next year Rock is supposedly being inducted into the HoF in Miami, if a Rock/Cena match were to ever happen, that would be the place I could see it happening, it would give Rock time to get in wrestling shape, and shake off the ring rust that has been building up for the past 7 yrs. (8 yrs. by the time WM28 rolls around), and would give WWE the time it takes to give this match the epic build it deserves

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back