Would John Cena be ''accepted'' in TNA?

medz

Dark Match Winner
It would be interesting indeed to see what people and especially tna fans think of this.

On one hand, tna would be getting the biggest star in wrestling, who is known worldwide as an absolute workhouse , who would no doubt bring in cash, rating's, and star power, which is something tna really need right now, and the fans know this, and could appreciate it, knowing thet have a wrestler who could put a huge dent in the wwe.

But on the other hand....................

John Cena the wrestler is loathed by a lot of people! Cena is of course loved by several people around the world, and is the face of the wwe, but there are just as many people who don't like him as well, which brings up my next point.

in ring ability-

TNA prides itself being ''the wrestling company'', with the actual wrestlers, pulling out all the stops to have 5 star matches, at a very fast paced, fluid, unpredictable style of wrestling, john cena's wrestling style, imo, does not suit this style, and will possibly be shitted on by the fans.

However, i do beliveve that if cena were to wrestle the aggressive and unpredictable, style he used between in 03-05, it could get over with the fans, and imo would suit tna's wrestling style.

so what do you say? ''accepted'', or ''not accepted'', THOUGHTS.

Because Rob Terry, Matt Morgan, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, etc are all known for their 5-star matches. TNA fans have this idealized version of TNA that they imagine in their heads, about it being nothing but great wrestling, how TNA is pure, etc, and its all complete bullshit. TNA has quite a few piece of shit wrestlers who only know how to do 5 moves, yet, they trash the WWE for it, and look the other way when the mirror is turned. Using the "in-ring ability" argument against John Cena in TNA is completely bogus.

Of course John Cena would be accepted by TNA, because he would OBVIOUSLY give a huge boost to TNA's credibility, and more importantly, ratings.

Accepted. If TNA can put up with Hulk Hogan, they can put up with Cena. No matter if he is booked as a face or not.

Of course, a lot of TNA fans are going to stop watching. To them, TNA is about the attitude that was around in 1997- Don't believe me tell me what The Band is about.

TNA is for the nostalgic and the ones who think the wrestling companies give a shit about "heart" and "dedication". Sounds like Cena would fit right in with his "Hustle. Loyalty. Respect." Today's viewers will criticize him if he popped up; but mark my words give it a year and the TNA fanboys will be jumping on the CENAtion or The Chain Gang's band wagon.

Face OR Heel. Hogan was a much bigger babyface than Cena, and became a controversial Heel in WCW. If for some weird reason that WWE would let "Tha Champ" go, and he would be signed to TNA, all you need is a little repackaging to get TNA fans to accept him. Worked wonders for "Whatcha Gonna Do, Burruther??"

I don't think he would be accepted, really. The only chance he might have is if he was a heel and went back to his Thuganomics gimmick (and was allowed to show more ability, if it is there), which I actually could see working in TNA. He could have some fun insulting the fans as I bet he probably sometimes would like to in WWE. But he wouldn't fit otherwise, nor do I think he would ever go there. And again, like Batista, they couldn't afford him.

I think rapper Cena would have meshed well with TNA.John Cena,the man who will never quit would get booed out of the arena everytime without fail. People our age just don't like flawless superheroes.

Would accept him purely because their company grabbed someone from the other company, thats the biggest thing that Irks me about TNA fans, dont care about the wrestling just want to idolise the company.

Hes not the greatest technical wrestler but he has a great look and can cut a good promo (Unseen for a few years) and would eventually win over the TNA fans if they just hated him because of his WWE past.

we have right here 2 side of the coin....

NUMBA 1:
TNA have a good wrestlers and a lot of wrestling skills. BUT, the reality is THEY WANT RATINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! in that aspect, TNA will acept Cena.

NUMBA 2:
Cena is a actor, NOT a wrestler. If I see Cena making a frankesteiner, i'll be the #1 fan of Cena... Trust Me... But TNA is WRESTLING. Cena is not.

He would but he probably wouldn't have a huge reaction. Jeff Hardy was the hottest star in WWE before he left, then he came to TNA and got a huge reaction until now. Hardy never brought ratings and his reaction is dying down a bit. I'm sure just like Hogan, Cena would draw ratings and get people to tune in, but then it will be the same business as always.

Cena wouldn't be the worst person that ever stepped foot in the Impact Zone. Norman Smiley or Pacman Jones ring any bells? I think the fans will cheer to see him, especially the females. Cena would be a big fish in a small pond. The Impact Zone fans are weird because they will cheer or boo anyone no matter what. I don't think the Hogan or Jeff Hardy fans are watching Impact because of them, just like the John Cena fans out there probably wouldn't tune in to see him on Impact.

Cena would be accepted without a shadow of a doubt. He's not the most gifted wrestler but he does draw ratings and with the right person in the ring with him, like his matches against HBK/Angle/Triple H/Edge and Orton prove, he can have a pretty good match.

To me this whole TNA is the wrestling company stuff is a load of bollocks. For wrestling it's either the Japs or, to an extent, ROH. For storylines and acceptable wrestling, it's a toss up between WWE and TNA (WWE's roster would be superior if they didn't have to follow a move for move script in matches I think, but as they do TNA's looks better)

I think TNA fans would boo him and hate on him the way WCW fans couldn't stand and got tired of Hogan and his red & yellow hulkamania crap (1994-1995).

Unless Cena got some attitude about him (similar to Kurt Angle), and even started to really wrestle (like Angle) and drop his kiddie-friendly garbage, then MAYBE he could be accepted in TNA.

we have right here 2 side of the coin....

NUMBA 1:
TNA have a good wrestlers and a lot of wrestling skills. BUT, the reality is THEY WANT RATINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! in that aspect, TNA will acept Cena.

From the management's perspective, yes. From the fans' perspective, I don't know. If his ability truly is being held back in WWE, then maybe we could see something more/different from him in TNA or maybe he would like to try new things. He would never go in the first place, methinks, but IF he did and adopted an edgy, heel gimmick then there's a chance he could be.

Because Rob Terry, Matt Morgan, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, etc are all known for their 5-star matches. TNA fans have this idealized version of TNA that they imagine in their heads, about it being nothing but great wrestling, how TNA is pure, etc, and its all complete bullshit. TNA has quite a few piece of shit wrestlers who only know how to do 5 moves, yet, they trash the WWE for it, and look the other way when the mirror is turned. Using the "in-ring ability" argument against John Cena in TNA is completely bogus.

Of course John Cena would be accepted by TNA, because he would OBVIOUSLY give a huge boost to TNA's credibility, and more importantly, ratings.

This is completely and 100% right on the button. Too many TNA fans hype TNA out to be something that it simply isn't. TNA does have some great wrestlers and it also has some truly awful ones, just like the WWE. TNA isn't about "pure wrestling" anymore than any other major company in operation is today. It's a smokescreen and anyone that buys into it is just the kind of sheep that the hopeless TNA marks accuse WWE fans of being.

I agree that John Cena isn't exactly a 5 star wrestler when it comes to his in-ring work and I've found that hardly anyone actually is, especially all the time. However, if TNA fans can accept Hulk Hogan and the gaggle of senior citizens currently signed to its roster, I see no reason why they'd have all that much trouble accepting John Cena.

I know some would love to believe Cena would not fit in TNA, that Cena and TNA are completely opposite, but you need to wake up, of course he would be accepted...Man is the biggest face of the WWE ( and I don't like the character at all, respect the guy, though) jupming ship (hypotetically).

The man might not be a flawless in ring technitian, (and wake up kids, none on WWE or TNA is one, even Kurt and AJ and Punk and Swagger screw up a few times) but the effort is there and right now is what the fans appreciate the most, that the guy works all the time, he has sustained serious injuires and all and he keeps coming.
He has charisma and will have everyone at one point cheering for him, just add a few bad words and a little more ed attitude and he ready to go.

Sorry kids but if Mr. Anderson is now liked by TNA fans (just because of a good promo and accepted a man beat him fair and square) and the guy is not like the second coming of Jesus or anything like that, or Bobby Lashley who's charisma was not existant, sure as Hell you can embrace Cena.

I think Cena could be a huge heel over there. And I don't sit here constantly begging for his heel turn in the 'E. He would have automatic heat if they wanted him to. There are plenty of TNA fans who hate WWE, he's billed as the savior for the little kids by many fans, and with TNA having a more raunchy approach, he could be booked properly as a heel. TNA isn't afraid to mention WWE connections, so he could cut promos mentioning how he was king of a stronger promotion, etc, and get over immediately.

This is a pathetic question. TNA would pay ANY amount of money needed to get ANY WWE main event star. It's really that freaking simple. They would do anything, because if they could guarantee themselves the attention, no matter how short-lived it would be, then it would be worth it in their short attention span that the TNA creative team have.

And this is from a die hard TNA fan.

The roster would simply assume that they have the ultimate weapon to gain exposure and compete with WWE. Some guys would probably be pissed off, because they resent not being used more in WWE because of Cena.

TNA management would snap him up in a heart beat if they could, but they probably couldn't.

TNA fans....... hmmmm, well TNA seems to let their guys just be themselves, except for the bizarre gimmick ones. If John Cena is going to be allowed to be 'himself', he'll be exactly as he is now. One dimensional, repetitive and unbelievable, yet for some reason, a draw. So you'd still have a million guys hating him, versus a million guys who love him, until Russo comes up with some bizarre idea like 'Cena should get knocked out during a smoz, and when he wakes up, he should believe that he's witch doctor!'

Only then will all the fans hate John Cena, and it won't even be his fault.

So yeah, i don't see why he wouldn't fit persoanlly.

It depends what you mean by accepted. If you mean by the company, then without a doubt, the company would take the best wrestler in the world today into their company with open arms. I believe just about everyone with seniority has said that Cena would be the top of their list of people to take across.

In terms of the roster themselves, as far as I'm aware Cena has never had backstage issues and he's never injured anyone. Seeing as he'll boost the image of the company, then again, it seems a certainty.

In terms of the fairweather fans, then yes, he's obviously going to be a big deal because he's the person that draws that kind of audience into the company so again acceptance.

Where the acceptance might not come is in the eyes of the people who think that TNA owes them something, because they have been attending shows for free for three years. These are the sorts of people that make stupid threads on here and ridiculous chants, and think they have a clue about anything. These people will probably boo Cena, whilst cheering Matt Morgan and completely miss the irony. But these people don't matter, on the whole, especially considering Cena could probably take TNA out of the Impact Zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back