If John Cena Went to TNA, Would Rating's Go Up?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
So 1st off i know there's no chance in this world, cena would ever leave wwe for tna, but this is for a topic only, i am not suggesting cena could ever go to tna, cause thinking cena may go to tna, is like thinking peyton manning may go into golf. so this topic is that if john cena went to tna, and wwe lost their big it factor, would this spike tna's ratings to be a bigger company than wwe, kevin nash suggested this along time ago, for tna to offer john cena more money than wwe will give him, and bring the top guy on there to build the company? would this help the ratings? or would tna still have problem's in the ratings? and would it affect wwe ratings?

Probably. He's a massive, global star who's still quite relevant right now in the here and now. The poster boy of the WWE jumping ship to aid the alternative? I'd have to imagine that'd force the needle to move quite a bit.

Cena has said in the past though that he's a "WWE guy" through and through, and with someone like that, I think you're going to need some sort of irreparable damage to happen between he and the company, he and Vince, etc. for this to ever even be considered possible, let alone plausible.

For now, just enjoy this:

[YOUTUBE]UnlpOqAg4wI[/YOUTUBE]

Uh duh. TNA isn't some kind of poisonous drug that parents warn their kids to stay away from, it's a poorly run promotion. They popped a couple of 2.0+'s with Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan, and John Cena is today's SuperStar.

Would it matter in the long run? That's up to the writers, and that's where TNA should be cleaning house right now.

I don't think Cena would make that much of a difference. it's still TNA and WWE fans just don't want to watch regardless. there are Jeff Hardy fans that used to watch him in WWE, that don't even know he went to TNA.

TNA also isn't all that good at promoting. so it would also be on TNA to get Cena's name out there.

when Hogan and Savage first went to WCW, did that make a significant difference? all I know is it wasn't until a big storyline (nWo) before WCW took over the ratings war from WWE.

So 1st off i know there's no chance in this world, cena would ever leave wwe for tna, but this is for a topic only, i am not suggesting cena could ever go to tna, cause thinking cena may go to tna, is like thinking peyton manning may go into golf. so this topic is that if john cena went to tna, and wwe lost their big it factor, would this spike tna's ratings to be a bigger company than wwe, kevin nash suggested this along time ago, for tna to offer john cena more money than wwe will give him, and bring the top guy on there to build the company? would this help the ratings? or would tna still have problem's in the ratings? and would it affect wwe ratings?

Peyton Manning is an avid golf fan and has said in the past that he would like a post football career in golf.:)

Anyhow, Cena would help TNA in the ratings immediately. A good shot in the arm for TNA with Cena on board. So, yes, John Cena would help TNA in the ratings. Absolutely.

absolutly it would help the ratings for a while at least cena showing up in tna would be the biggest thing in years.problem is cena works so well in wwe because he represents everything wwe have aspired to be in the last few years familly friendly entertainment,good morals and something kids everywhere can hero worship without there parents having to worrying about it.i dont think that kind of character would go down well as the face of tna so they would probally change cena to become more tna ish i think after the initial impact of his debut the exitement would quickly die off like most things in tna sadly

I guess it could draw in more viewers, especially children. If Cena did sign with TNA, would they build the whole company around him? He would definitely be at the top of main event scene, but I imagine it might not sit well with some of the other talent. I'm not trying to predict it, but I also never really heard anything negative when Christian (Cage) came to TNA. Though I didn't have cable to watch back then, I assume it was a success for all parties. The ratings would go up sure, I just don't know if it would last for a significant amount of time.

Really? I don't remember this. I thought the highest they'd ever gotten was about 1.5.

I think you're right. I believe the highest rating TNA has ever gotten was a 1.4 when Hogan debuted in January 2010.

Anyhow, ratings would definitely increase if John Cena went to TNA because he's the most recognizable active wrestler today. I'm not sure though if he'd be enough to cause TNA to become a legitimate threat to the WWE like WCW's acquisition of Hogan in 1994 did for them.

John Cena would unquestionably bring TNA's ratings up if he were ever to jump ship. He's still relevant, and well known around the world that him going to TNA would be very big news overall. John Cena is the Hulk Hogan of today, so him going there would be like Hogan going to WCW back in the '90s.

This is really an awesome post.
If Cena moves to Tna, absolutely, ratings will go up.
And this can only happen if something wrong happened between John and WWE.
What about Brock Lesnar.
He can leave WWE at any moment. Brock loves money. If Tna paid Brock enough money, this will also help them. But the only problem is Brock don't do full time wrestling now.

Of course it would increase TNA's ratings. For how long and how much are another story. I think Impact would outdraw SD for a little while. Eventually though Impact will revert back to it's new mean which will definitely be higher than where it is now. The biggest thing working against TNA in this incredibly impossible to conceive situation are:

- Cena needing/wanting to still wrestle, let alone work, or make any money
- TNA having the money Cena would command
- WWE finding a way to bury Cena and his character

It is a simple answer. That answer is no.

The highest rating that TNA had was a 1.5. That was with Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, Sting, Mr. Anderson, and more revealing female wrestling outfit.

John Cena is a big name in the WWE, and good chance Raw will have an increase when he returns. However jumping ship to TNA really won't launch the company in the 2.5 rating area.

The reason being. The WWE is a machine, they just replace the parts when they need to. Is the replacement part cheaper at times. Yes, but it still works. It took time to get over Hulk Hogan, but the WWE did it. It took time to get over Stone Cold and the Rock, but the WWE did it. When the old parts leave, people really don't follow those parts. Take a look at Jeff Hardy for example. He jumped shipped, and really didn't make a big impact.

In addition, TNA is a smaller market. Advertising John Cena on a regular basis to the TNA viewers really won't get reach the promise lands for increased ratings. He needs the machine to be successful in ratings.

Cena would be for TNA what Hogan was for WCW. Hogan helped WCW max out its potential. Because of their poor leadership, WCW had a natural ceiling regardless of talent. Hogan helped them reach their ceiling, and Cena would help TNA reach its ceiling. The problem with TNA is their ceiling is low. Cena could help them hit their apex, but long term the TNA machine is poorly manufactured. It would be like throwing Tom Brady in non-Belichick system. Brady is among the best QB's ever, but if he was playing in a culture of underachievement, Brady would not have flourished at the levels he does now.

To simplify my point: Cena would help TNA significantly, but TNA would hinder the benefits of Cena because of the company-wide inability to raise the bar.

Yes he would. I wouldn't say massively, say a 3, but I see some middle-high 2's popping up. Hulk Hogan didn't bring those ratings up because he doesn't wrestle, and because he's forgotten about. John Cena is an active superstar and is the current "It Factor" in professional Wrestling. He is the man. He draws, raises ratings (as we can currently see), sells more merchandise than you can and is one of the best in-ring performers of all time. According to Dave Meltzer (and fan reactions), he has had some of the best matches in the WWE.

Cena has said in the past though that he's a "WWE guy" through and through, and with someone like that, I think you're going to need some sort of irreparable damage to happen between he and the company, he and Vince, etc. for this to ever even be considered possible, let alone plausible.

I understand that people think he wouldn't fit in with the likes of Bobby Roode and James Storm, but only because of his current gimmick. We've seen that he can cut more adult-like promos without the cheesy jokes, and that the only character he can act out isn't always fun loving role-model (Degree in Thuganomics).

Furthermore, like many have said, it would take McMahon to attempt to kill his family or fire him (the former seems more likely) for him to jump the ship. He's a loyal man, but what people need to note down is that he's not only loyal to WWE, but also Wrestling:

[YOUTUBE]I4ZTZXVdKNY[/YOUTUBE]

Cena would be for TNA what Hogan was for WCW. Hogan helped WCW max out its potential. Because of their poor leadership, WCW had a natural ceiling regardless of talent. Hogan helped them reach their ceiling, and Cena would help TNA reach its ceiling. The problem with TNA is their ceiling is low. Cena could help them hit their apex, but long term the TNA machine is poorly manufactured. It would be like throwing Tom Brady in non-Belichick system. Brady is among the best QB's ever, but if he was playing in a culture of underachievement, Brady would not have flourished at the levels he does now.

To simplify my point: Cena would help TNA significantly, but TNA would hinder the benefits of Cena because of the company-wide inability to raise the bar.

You bring up a very good point about Hogan jumping ship. However if you look at that time frame, you had a few more successful promotions at that time frame. Plus, WCW had a special event that helped raise WCW to a bigger stage. You had Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan for the world title. That Pay-Per-View brought some good attention to WCW. Than a lot of WWF's talent jumped shipped.

TNA may have AJ Styles and Sting. Two guys that John Cena hasn't faced. But none of those are the dream match that Flair and Hogan was. Many casual fans of wrestling wanted to see that match, and they finally got it.

They would go up for the first few weeks no question, whether they stayed up and didn't go back to 1.0 territory really depends on how they use John Cena.

John Cena is a big star with big star power but ultimately a wrestlers worth to a company really depends on how that person is used on a consistent basis, that's why someone like Bret was a big asset in WWE and a big liability in WCW. It's not enough to just have Cena come in and beat everyone, TNA would have to give him the right programs, the right stories, and have him work with the right people if they really wanted to bring their ratings and buyrates up every single week.

It's not as simple as John Cena walking through the door and getting 3.0 ratings just like that.

Peyton Manning is an avid golf fan and has said in the past that he would like a post football career in golf.:)

Anyhow, Cena would help TNA in the ratings immediately. A good shot in the arm for TNA with Cena on board. So, yes, John Cena would help TNA in the ratings. Absolutely.

At least he spelled Peyton correct, unlike some WZ "journalists".

I think a fresh heel Cena could help TNA a lot. Guys like Styles, and Joe could feud with him.

John Cena has 5,500,000 followers on Twitter.
About 1,100,000 people watch Impact Wrestling every week.

Literally five times more people like John Cena on social media, than all the people that watch TNA on a weekly basis. So yes, if John Cena went to TNA, the ratings would go up. For awhile. And then they'd probably fizzle around a 2.0, and that'd be it. They would be great for TNA though. Great for wrestling period, as WWE would have to figure what the fuck to do without their #1 money maker. But it aint gonna happen.

I think outside if wwe, Cena would be shown to be a very ordinary performer. Nor do I think it would be good for TNA stars who are clearly better wrestlers to have to job week in week out for Cena. Cena is WWE because WWE are experts at making silk purses out of pigs ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back