Should Russo Be The Head Booker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was just able to directly confirm that TNA Creative Team Member, Dutch Mantel (Wayne Cowen) was released by TNA.

In addition it is my understanding that TNA management sent out a mass company e-mail notifying everyone of the release.

It cannot be confirmed at this time whether any other releases or changes are planned by TNA

With Jarett's probability of being fired and Mantel's departure there is no one left in creative team non other than the most controversial writer of all time.The man who is accepted by some people as the creater of Attitude era but by some people as the biggest reason of WCW's bankrupt.Yeah Vince Russo who is one of the most hated man in wrestling history by internet.His booking style was always criticised by people but at least he had an original style of booking.So how would TNA be with Russo being the head writer.Would it fail like when he was in WCW or would it make the success of Attitude era.I know Dixie has faith in him.Do you think can she trust Russo as head booker.If he became the head booker how would it effect TNA?Positive or negative?

The thing i see is, Angle may finally get what he wants and that is the keys to the kingdom, the issue im having with this is that Angle is throwing his weight around in order to get what he wants in TNA.

The only positive i see is that TNA may finally be restructuring its creative team in hopes of putting on a better product, truthfully only time will tell if the product gets any better, I love the Knockouts division, like the X division but have not much interest in the main event in TNA because its being cluttered with people who have no right to be there, Smoa Joe is now serving as Angles lacky and should be in the title situation, Sting, Booker, Steiner and Nash should stop wrestling alltogether as they cannot work and are starting to make others look bad, and i mean really bad.

In regards to Russo, hes part of the reason WCW died, his booking made the company take a nose dive so imo he really needs to be let go aswell and bring in a whole new creative team with Cornette at the helm, i think he could probably do a better job but lets see how this all develops because i may be eating my words by the end of the month :) .

TNA needs to give old Lance Storm a call. He always has something to say about TNA booking. They should have him sit in with Russo and have Storm be the devil's advocate, bounce some ideas around. They should get online and kinda have the IWC be their source for ideas, give the fans what they want. Note the sarcasm, but some of these forums do have better ideas than the creative team most of the time.

Fire Russo!..... yeah I think TNA needs a clean slate to work from so they can really take the company to new leaps and bounds. I think last night's Impact was a great step in the right direction. There is still some stuff TNA can do to improve their product obviously but I think they're on the right track. I think with Jarret and even Russo out of the picture we will see great things in TNA. Hopefully.

With Jarett's probability of being fired and Mantel's departure there is no one left in creative team non other than the most controversial writer of all time.The man who is accepted by some people as the creater of Attitude era but by some people as the biggest reason of WCW's bankrupt.Yeah Vince Russo who is one of the most hated man in wrestling history by internet.His booking style was always criticised by people but at least he had an original style of booking.So how would TNA be with Russo being the head writer.Would it fail like when he was in WCW or would it make the success of Attitude era.I know Dixie has faith in him.Do you think can she trust Russo as head booker.If he became the head booker how would it effect TNA?Positive or negative?

Firing Dutch Mantel was one of the absolute best moves TNA could have possibly made. He was entirely too old school with his booking, and I blame both him and Jarrett for the booking style of TNA television.

I know a lot of people give Russo static, but I am absolutely convinced that he was not responsible for the direction of TNA Creative since he's been there. He is simply a lot more progressive with his writing. I know he did an interview where he basically stated that he has zero power in booking, and all he does is do what he's told, write what he's told to write, and simply provide the dialogue for segments. He basically said that he had no real creative authority whatsoever.

With that in mind, I am all for Russo being the Head Booker, as I think he will improve TNA's TV enormously. However, if I am wrong even with him in charge, then so be it, and if things don't improve, then TNA should find someone else.

However, I at least want to see Vince Russo in charge with nobody else to answer to but Dixie Carter (who I think is mostly hands-off in this department), so we can see exactly what Russo can do by being in charge, and hold him accountable for doing so.

That is your ideal booking team!!! I know 98% of you are saying this guy is an idiot, but here is a short explanation why this team would work and eventually make TNA #1

Vince Russo--- When the man is focased on wrestling his ideas are gold, he knows how to take a nobody like Ringmaster or Stunning Steve Austin and create Stone Cold Steve Austin or Rocky Miavia and create The Rock.... What made Russo so good was Vince Mc actually let him push the envelope... Vince told this guy do what you need to do and didn't give him limits... Think about it DX drugs, sex, and crude humor and they were a hit, Steve Austin brag about drinking, beat up the boss, flip off the fans led to arguably the most marketable star in history... He failed in WCW because the powers that be wouldn't let him be edgy and risky... For example the worked/shoot Scott Stiener cut on Ric Flair, it caused so much contoversy that Scott was suspended... Hell that infamous promo was tame compared to the promos Austin, DX, or The Rock was cutting

Basically if you can keep him focased on the product and keep him from using celebrity's I.E. Kiss, David Arquette, Jean Claude Van Damm among others and let him have freedom with the product he will give TnA the edge needed to overtake the WWE

Paul Heyman--- This man is a genius and I have often said had ECW had Vinces money then it would be the #1 promotion today... Had Paul went to WCW at the height of the NWO then Vince Mc would be out of business and we would all be watching WCW...

Paul is a creative genius and his ideas along with Russo would create some strong and compelling storylines... I suggest the 3 man booking team because Vince R knew how to turn low to mid card established names into stars... However he sucked at taking a nobody and making them into something special... Paul Heyman is a master of that... Look at The Dudleys, Tommy Dreamer, Brock Lesner, Taz, the list goes on and on... Also Paul would keep the focas on how important championships are...

Enough said on Paul....

And finally

Lance Storm make him the head of this 3 man team... Because we all know Vince & Paul will butt heads and the product could suffer if they arnt seeing eye to eye....

That is where Lance would be the savior... He is intelligant, knows wrestling, and knows where to draw the lines... Give his calm and level approach to the crazy antics of Vince R and Paul H and he makes the perfect voice of reason and by being head booker he can keep stupid story lines from making the airwaves because his say would be the final say...

Lance & Paul are also known for being their own men... They would not give into the politicing you get from Nash, Angle, Stiener, Foley, or whomever...

They would also prevent Vince from doing the same...

As I said I know this will draw heat, but I think it could work....

I have an exclent idea for TNA for who to choose as the new booker .
How about ... Gabe sapolsky (wrong spelling I think) this guy has been known by critics as this eras paul heyman . He was the former booker for ROH and was a big reason for some of its success and it was sort of a lost that he got fired from ROH , so why not TNA give him a call he is free , you can even just listen to his ideas or give him a trail and if he is ok hire him if not hey you got nothing to lose .

I have an exclent idea for TNA for who to choose as the new booker .
How about ... Gabe sapolsky (wrong spelling I think) this guy has been known by critics as this eras paul heyman . He was the former booker for ROH and was a big reason for some of its success and it was sort of a lost that he got fired from ROH , so why not TNA give him a call he is free , you can even just listen to his ideas or give him a trail and if he is ok hire him if not hey you got nothing to lose .

No, thank you.

WWE is already in many ways becoming more like Ring of Honor as it is. For a while, I thought Sapolsky was actually brought aboard the WWE Creative Team with the way things have been this past year (sarcasm).

However, we really don't need the two national companies both resembling Ring of Honor. One is already more than enough.

PAUL HEYMAN AND OR ERIC BISCHOFF! NUFF SAID LMAO...both are the MINDS OF WRESTLING and could take mcmahon down in a HEARTBEAT given the chance....

Vince Russo was not the reason WCW went under. In fact he was WCW's last savior and could never get most of storylines to go through. If Russo could get the control of TNA creative staff, he could make edgier TV for TNA. On top of that, he created many midcard gimmicks that Helped WWE win the monday night wars. TNA needs some powerful television if they want to be contenders. Not also that, but Vince can create the Hero that TNA needs. Just like he did with Stonecold, he could do that with someone else in that company. Right now, I have no idea what is happening on that Show. Is Mick Foley incharge, is Jarrett incharge, is Angle incharge, is Cornette incharge, Russo can create good television, and help TNA in the long run.

PAUL HEYMAN AND OR ERIC BISCHOFF! NUFF SAID LMAO...both are the MINDS OF WRESTLING and could take mcmahon down in a HEARTBEAT given the chance....

The two guys that Vince defeated in the Monday Night Wars.... In a heartbeat huh? Both companies that went bankrupt because of bad management huh? Paul Heyman pushed the violence enevelope, and could never get the big TV deal. Bischoff got all the talent of the old Federation, then made ridiculous gimmicks like Kevin's Dungeon of Doom or something stupid like that. He had a giant mummy come out and give people hugs... Then he had one good idea, which was the NWO, he rode that for two years everything went to hell!

Really? They were given the chance in the 90's and they couldn't do it. What makes you think that if they come back they’re going to be able to do it? McMahon is just a better promoter and businessman than they were, they couldn’t do it then and they probably wouldn’t be able to do it now.

As far as Russo receiving the head booker role in TNA, I don’t see why not. I mean, I don’t like Russo but maybe he could do some things he wasn’t allowed to do when Jeff Jarrett was around. I don’t feel like everything that we’ve seen is Russo’s doing. I think that a lot of it is Jarrett so I don’t know why Russo shouldn’t be allowed to see what he could do without having to get approved by Jeff. If he does a bad job the first couple of weeks then hopefully Dixie removes him from the position before it gets worse. If he does a good job then let him stay in the post. Either ways, it doesn’t hurt to try something like that. If it doesn’t work remove him if it does then keep him, it’s as simple as that.

And for the people saying Russo killed WCW, that’s not the reason WCW died. It has nothing to do with Russo being booker. People were still watching the show and they were receiving good ratings. The only reason people say they were receiving bad ratings is because they were compared to the WWF ratings. But if you look at the ratings they were good. What really killed WCW was the fact that the network no longer wanted wrestling on their network. Ted Turner couldn’t save WCW because he no longer the guy who owned the majority of the network, it was someone else and they decided no wrestling on their programming and sold it to the WWF. That’s what killed WCW, the fact that the network didn’t want wrestling to be part of their network.

For those of you who are saying Russo should be made The Head Booker, I have four words for you DAVID ARQUETTE WORLD CHAMPION

Give Russo full control for sure, the guy saved the WWE from death in 97. Remember this is a company who had been getting their ass handed to them for over a year by Nitro...who's best wrestler (Bret Hart) had just jumped ship yet Russo turned it all around.

How? By making mid-card guys stars like the Stunning Steve Austin's, the Rocky Maivia's and the Cactus Jack's.

Russo is the best booker in modern wrestling bar none, anyone can see that he doesn't control TNA booking though. Have you ever noticed that whenever Jeff Jarrett loses a match (which isn't often) he is either screwed or has a pin/tap out when the ref is down? I doubt this is Russo's booking, this is Jarrett making himself look main event as he always tried to.

Love to see Heyman or Lance Storm joing the team but thats highly unlikely I think. But as long as Russo get's to push the envelope in ways standards and practices at Turner did not allow him and Ferrara to in WCW...TNA will thrive.

Plus TNA seems to grow no matter what, so they might as well try something new. Even if Russo's books for a year, if it sucks I'd still bet in a years time TNA is a bigger company than they are now.

Umm, If you guys don't know, Jeff Jarrett was Russo's "chosen one" and Russo didn't save the WWE, the wrestlers stepped up there game and saved the WWE. The Rock, Austin, HHH, HBK, Taker, they all made Russo look like a genius. If Russo was so great, McMahon would have tried to harder to keep him. The bottom line is this, the wrestler make the show.

I think a three to five man creative team would be great depending on who they are. I also have a few names I am willing to throw out even though a couple would never happen.

1) Terry Taylor: Taylor is widely regarded as one of the best talent evaluaters in the business. Right now he is working in the TNA front offices but has little to no say in creative. If he was on the creative team to help evaluate who is talented enough to get what title shots in what divisions rather than just looking for new talent to bring in I believe that would help the creative process a great deal since they wouldn't be pushing someone who shouldn't be pushed.

2) Vince Russo: Already on the creative team and from what has been said the only one left. Russo could take this chance to really elevate the product and possibly cement himself as head of creative. I believe his creative style could fit very well with the talent they have in TNA as long as ODB doesn't give birth to a hand.

3) Arn Anderson: This is pushing it since Anderson is a Road Agent for the WWE but if TNA wants a guy in there to create believable, highly emotional, catchy, and powerful interviews they would go out of their way to hire Anderson because he is as intelligent and creative in an interview as anyone who has ever held a microphone.

4) James J Dillon: JJ never really retired from Pro Wrestling and was even the kayfabe commissioner of TNA in 2002. JJ is a great mediator and former executive in both the WWE and WCW with a lot of experience keeping egos and tempers in check. He would be great in that position on the TNA Creative team.

5) Jim Cornette: The wildcard as I like to call him. Cornette is a staunch traditionalist that believes in putting on the best in-ring-product to bring in the fans. He also has a passion for the business that bypasses that of anyone else in the business. Even though Cornette isn't very well liked by Anderson, Russo, or most anyone else he does what is best for business and would be someone who would be dedicated in putting on matches that would be the best in the business.

So in conclusion you would have arguably the top talent evaluator in the business in Terry Taylor making sure the right performers get a championship push, Vince Russo pushing the envelope for storylines, Arn Anderson writing powerful and compelling interviews, Jim Cornette organizing compelling matches, and J.J Dillon coordinating all of this into a product that would not only draw ratings but sell pay-per views.

On paper this sounds like a dream creative team. In reality, who knows. Anyway that is my two cents.

Should russo be the head booker??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's bad enouph TNA is already throwing old wcw ideas around. MEM? can any one say millionears club. russo is the worst thing to happen to wrestling ever. as soon as jj gets tossed russo will follow him out the door I hope. TNA needs a new everything. and really needs to stop hanging on to old wwe cast off's.

Hell yeah he should be head booker/writer. People bash Russo so much nowadays and it's even gotten to the point where new fans have started to bash Russo without ever having seen anything he's done.

I don't care what anyone says he had to have a lot of control during the Attitude Era because you can tell the difference in the shows as soon as Russo left. IMO, he had many great ideas in WCW but it was so poorly run by that point that no one knew who was in charge and no one was on the same page so of course he was going to have trouble.

But you can't tell me that The Millionaires Club vs. New Blood didn't have a lot of potential. From April-July (when Hogan left) was the best WCW I had seen since the original nWo.

He had a lot to do with helping TNA out when they were back at the Asylum. Look at the difference before and after Russo started writing the shows. They could barely get people to come to the Asylum before Russo started writing and when he did and came up with the whole Sports Entertainment X-Treme vs. tradition storyline they were turning away people at the door.

There have been some really good potential storylines since Russo came back to TNA but he's been filtered so much through Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantel it's ridiculous. I really hope with Jarrett gone right now and Dutch being released and Russo gets more power.

IMO, the best writing/booking team would be Vince Russo, Paul Heyman and Terry Taylor.

For those of you who are saying Russo should be made The Head Booker, I have four words for you DAVID ARQUETTE WORLD CHAMPION

I have two words for you: Tony Schiavone.

Russo said so himself that he was in a meeting with Tony Schiavone, Eric Bischoff, Terry Taylor, Arn Anderson and a couple of others. When the meeting was over Tony Schiavone came back in the room and suggested puttting the title on David Arquette. Russo called everyone back into the room and they loved it.

While I wasn't a huge fan of it I still thought it was pretty funny and think a lot of wrestling fans take it way too seriously. It DID make sense to get Arquette involved in the product as Ready To Rumble was just released and they were trying to promote it. Besides, it's not like Arquette went on a Goldberg type win streak and dominate his opponents.

The people who look at and have a problem with David Arquette is champion are the same ones that actually look at wrestling as a legitimate sport. It's entertainment, for Pete's sake. Not that I had any desire to see him as World Champ for an extended period of time, but this is the Entertainment business, and was good publicity for Ready for Rumble. Some people simply need to chill the fuck out and understand that wrestling is not a sport.

Umm, If you guys don't know, Jeff Jarrett was Russo's "chosen one" and Russo didn't save the WWE, the wrestlers stepped up there game and saved the WWE. The Rock, Austin, HHH, HBK, Taker, they all made Russo look like a genius. If Russo was so great, McMahon would have tried to harder to keep him. The bottom line is this, the wrestler make the show.

I think that was more so a case of McMahon's ego, more than anything. He had absolutely no idea what to do with his product once WCW was kicking his ass, that he became desperate for someone to give him any good ideas that would work. He thought since he was shown the right direction to take the product in, that he didn't need Russo anymore. One of the smartest things Vince has ever done was listening to Russo, and Russo will always be known as the true Father of the Attitude Era. Not only did it save his company, but it also produced what many feel is the greatest Era of wrestling to ever be a part of.

Ok first of all I want to point out the creative problems Russo had in WCW and yes these were his ideas, and part of the reason WCW went under.
Oklahoma - They put this character on TV just to bash JR and it made them look stupid in the end.
Miner 49er match - This is almost as bad as keys on a pole match, does anyone remember how they had the 4 boxes on poles in the ring and the best thing they had in one of them was a photograph (I think it was Scott Hall) and a miner glove as weapons inside.
Russo and the three tier cage match - You know things are bad when the writer of the show writes himself in a match of which he has no real skill to be in, next to David Arquette as champion this is probably the most disgusting thing to happen in wrestling.

Now I am not saying Russo is a bad writer, because atleast in TNA he hasn't had really really bad ideas (atleast not since there 2 hour timeslot and there deal with Spike TV). But those things were more about them wanting to shoot back at WWF for letting them go instead of getting even which if they had done correctly we may not even be talking about TNA today.

Now you can't say that Bischoff and Heyman couldn't take WWE down, because Bischoff had even said in the Monday Night Wars DVD that he recieved a phone call one day and said we don't need you at the shows and was let go and was only brought back as soon as everything was already going down the toilet. As far as Heyman went his problem was not being funded and he had said that at one point Vince had helped him out financially just to make it look like there is competition. So bringing either of these guys in wouldn't be that bad.

So as far as booking goes Russo needs a good counterpart for writing I would put someone who has no real agenda as a wrestler like Taz who has been in all but WCW and ROH, I'd bring back Shane Douglas since he had a hand in ECW.
Another point I want to make is you need a booker who isn't going to put themselves in the main event picture the entire time someone like Kevin Sullivan think about what happened when you had guys like Nash, Jarrett, Triple H when they are booking shows, and we all know Kurt will do the same thing because he has been in the main event picture since he came in and you know he would do the same thing now, the only thing about Jarrett is atleast he was able to step back for over a year and let all the other guys have the lime light and even now he was beginning to help elevate guys like Eric Young, AJ Styles, Daniels, etc.
So no Russo needs to stick with writing and let the former wrestlers book the shows.

Hi, I've been reading discussions on these forums for a while now, but just finally registered. "long time listener, first time caller"....

I think having Russo in charge of TNA creative is a good idea in theory. You honestly cannot fully credit (or discredit) Russo for the demise of WCW. He was given the reigns of a company that was doomed before he even arrived. I don't think anyone (and that includes Satan himself) could have truly saved WCW from the shit-storm that happened pre-Russo....you all know what I'm talking about.

I mean, the guy did have a lot of moronic ideas (one example that keeps getting brought up is the Arquette fiasco - that's like the gift that keeps on giving), but Russo also had a lot of good ideas that never fully came to fruition...he also had some semi-decent ideas that were rushed, simply due to time constraints (since he & everyone else knew WCW was a sinking ship) and there was also the pressure to get the ratings out of the toilet and sell some tickets.

By the time Russo arrived, most of the good "younger" talent (benoit, jericho, guerrero, giant/big show, malenko, even saturn, etc) had either already jumped ship, or were about to jump ship and definitely weren't giving WCW their "all". Morale in the locker room must have been at an all-time low.

Given what he had to work with: the dinosaurs, the shit mid-carders that were left, and the time-frame he had, it was pretty much impossible for ANYONE to pull WCW out of the shit. It's no wonder the final WCW main-event was Booker vs. Steiner for the strap, they were the only good workers left that weren't (even though they were right on the edge of becoming) fucking fossils.

The whole thing he did with Vampiro was pretty lame, but given enough time to develop the character, I think fans would have bought it. Fuck the whole Gene Simmons/Demon feud....that was absolute shit, and no one would have, or could have gotten into it.

The stuff he did with the luchadors (sp?) when he first got over there was hilarious (pinata matches?!? ...priceless). The stuff with the cat buying Glacier's entrance with the snow and lasers was hilarious. Basically self-deprecating humor, and the laughs were definitely not lost on me. Again, no ground-breaking stuff there....just a nod to the fans, saying "Didn't this shit suck? We're taking care of it, don't worry".

I thought the idea of refreshing Sting's character was a good idea. Even when Steve shot down the idea of being burned (just like Kane) and also refused to wear that mask (again, just like Kane...although the mask they were going to put on Sting did look extremely cool), Russo decided to make Sting dark as hell again.

Sting started coming out with the crow, black roses, hiding in the rafters and "haunting" Nitro, being more creepy & mysterious (which really just meant that he didn't talk as much anymore, and the face/heel blur). Again, this was pretty much the same thing WCW did when Sting started painting his face like the Crow back in '96 when the NWO was blossoming, but it still breathed "new" life into his character. Plus, shutting the lights off and blasting "seek & destroy" for his entrance just made him seem like such a badass. Fact of the matter is, Russo made Sting "cool" again, and made fans mark like crazy when the lights would go out and the lightning would start crashing.

The NWO 2000 could have been a good concept as well. However, putting Bret in there was obviously a bit of a stretch...seeing him be buddy-buddy with Nash and Hall was a bit over-the-top. Again though, making Bret the "evil leader" of the "new" stable was a cool idea in theory....not so much when it debuted on TV. It definitely didn't have the same impact it did when Hogan did it.

Unfortunately, NWO 2000 ultimately sucked balls because the concept was rushed. Russo knew that he was working within tight time constraints, and just kind of threw it out there. If he had a year or more to build up to the idea, and develop better story lines, it could have been a fantastic reincarnation IMHO....or it could have just sucked balls like it ended up doing anyway.

My real point is that Russo just didn't have enough time to "save" WCW from itself. Quick side-note, completely off topic, it should have either been Sting or Bret that ended Goldberg's streak, and it should have happened cleanly with the sharpshooter/scorpion death lock. I would have loved to see that bald bitch tap to one of those dudes.

The main difference between WCW & TNA is timing. WCW was a company in a downward spiral that NO ONE could have saved....unless by some far-fetched scenario they suddenly snagged ALL of WWF's major talent at the time (Rock, Austin, 'Taker, Mankind, etc)....personally, I don't even think one of them (not even Austin or Rock) could have saved WCW by themselves.

With TNA, Russo actually has the potential to create some major players, and compared to WCW, he imaginably has all the time in the world to do it. Why? Because TNA is a little upstart company that hasn't really grabbed the ball and ran with it yet. They've got their "originals", but who really gives a shit yet? Samoa Joe used to be cool....Matt Morgan could have potential, but he's got a shit character and no one gives a flying fuck about him yet. Abyss is a cool concept, but it's been done to death...plus his new program is just ridiculous. AJ styles and Daniels are gold in the ring, but no one gives a rat's ass about their characters.

Christian was given a chance, and look at what he did over there. I really don't know if Russo had anything to do with that (most likely not), but Christian was practically a nobody in WWF by the time he left (at least they weren't going to give him anything more than the IC belt), and he climbed his way to the top of the TNA pecking order (and even better, he deserved to be there).

What TNA needs is someone to breathe new life into these youngsters, and I think Russo is the man who could pull it off. Keep the MEM, Sting, Foley, and Jarret if you must, but keep them away from the title scene....maybe not immediately, but develop story lines that moves them into other programs, that don't involve belts in any capacity (sans maybe tag division, or the joke of the "legends" championship). Much like WWE did with Shawn Michaels, Taker, Flair, and how they should with HHH and Batista.

I don't think TNA needs to steal aging suckbags like WCW did, but that's all they're really doing now. Granted, Angle can still draw, but he's the only one. Everyone knows it's currently a WWE/WCW retirement home over there. If something doesn't change, and change soon, the company is doomed.

If they get their shit together, and Russo develops real "stars" through his edgy booking style, TNA could, COULD be real competition for the WWE within a year or two. It might be preposterous, but stranger things have happened.

Thanks for reading this ramble-fest, and I hope you enjoyed my first post.

The people who look at and have a problem with David Arquette is champion are the same ones that actually look at wrestling as a legitimate sport. It's entertainment, for Pete's sake. Not that I had any desire to see him as World Champ for an extended period of time, but this is the Entertainment business, and was good publicity for Ready for Rumble. Some people simply need to chill the fuck out and understand that wrestling is not a sport.

I think that was more so a case of McMahon's ego, more than anything. He had absolutely no idea what to do with his product once WCW was kicking his ass, that he became desperate for someone to give him any good ideas that would work. He thought since he was shown the right direction to take the product in, that he didn't need Russo anymore. One of the smartest things Vince has ever done was listening to Russo, and Russo will always be known as the true Father of the Attitude Era. Not only did it save his company, but it also produced what many feel is the greatest Era of wrestling to ever be a part of.

You shouldn't talk about things that you know nothing about. Russo was not the father of the attitude era. That is your McMahon bias talking. Go do your homework and you will see that it was two certain wrestlers that turned Russo and McMahon onto the idea of becoming a lot more edgy and adult friendly. There was no one person who is the father.

As far as Russo goes, if TNA wants to live a long life they would stay away from making him head booker. He's not bad as part of a committee but as head guy he has proven time and time again he's not good. Start new with some fresh minds instead of recycling the same old crap over and over again.

Unlike others I don't blame Russo for the downfall of WCW. That started to unravel when the AOL/TimeWarner merger took place. WCW was already falling fast when he arrived

You shouldn't talk about things that you know nothing about. Russo was not the father of the attitude era. That is your McMahon bias talking. Go do your homework and you will see that it was two certain wrestlers that turned Russo and McMahon onto the idea of becoming a lot more edgy and adult friendly. There was no one person who is the father.

As far as Russo goes, if TNA wants to live a long life they would stay away from making him head booker. He's not bad as part of a committee but as head guy he has proven time and time again he's not good. Start new with some fresh minds instead of recycling the same old crap over and over again.

Unlike others I don't blame Russo for the downfall of WCW. That started to unravel when the AOL/TimeWarner merger took place. WCW was already falling fast when he arrived

So let me get this straight. You don't blame Russo for the fall of WCW (which is a good thing because he wasn't responsible for it), and he isn't the booker in TNA which controls the direction of the product ... but you still think TNA should stay away from using him because you claim that "as head guy, he has proven himself time and time again that he's not good".

??????????

It isn't my McMahon bias, but perhaps your Russo bias in failing to provide credit where it is rightfully due. Russo explained his version of how the Attitude Era came about in a shoot interview where he mentioned that McMahon liked his Vic Venom column in WWE, and stated that "this is the same thing I want to see reflected in our product" ... Russo then was invited by Bill Watts into Booking Meetings, promoted to the Creative team, and then pitched his ideas to the Creative Team about how to take the product in a new, edgier direction. Russo was eventually promoted to Head Booker and the rest was history.

Now, you could say that I was simply drinking the Russo Kool-Aid, however his story tends to coincide with all other reports I have read about how things evolved the way they did.

However, if you wish to dispute any of that, feel free to post what you got and list your sources.

Yes, Vince Russo is the only individual that is good enough to book TNA. Nobody else. Fuck Heyman.

The latest ratings were 1.3 and the shows have great character development (within 2 weeks, EY turned heel and became leader of the World Elite), Hernandez got a push, Cody Deaner got kicked in the nuts by Beautitul People lol, and Lashley is getting a pop.

Even The way Foley is booked - with sympathy, getting beatdown prior to the match, the fans were LOUD for everything. and i've noticed more signs...

WHen teh fans are that passionate for everything and not sitting on their asses - dead silent, like a wwe show, you know that it's working. If they wanted to release Russo, they would have released him with dutch and savio. dutch and savio are just jarrett's boys and were in the way of russo's masterpieces.

Russo for life! and I think because Dixie is fond of Russo's ideas and loves his contributions to the show, he'll be sticking around to put TNA into the 2.5s within a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back