Will the "Deadman" make it into the Hall of Fame

In his last match before the hall of fame Undertaker will be using _______ gimmick

• Deadman

• American Badass

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now that would be worth a thread. I'd have to say Kane. Another good option would be HBK given the back-to-back Mania bouts which have really seemed to be the focal point of the twilight of his career. So Kane or HBK, possibly Austin.

Definitely HBK, dude. Kane isn't inductor material to me (just like u wouldn't expect Undertaker to induct someone, would u?). Not that I say Kane wouldn't be a good inductor, he would but HBK is more suitable. And Austin's feud and history with Taker has been bested by Taker's later feud in his career especially against Orton in 2005, Batista in 2007, and Edge in 2007-2008.

And to begin with, Austin's history with Taker is nothing compared to his history with HBK and Kane. Both HBK & Kane faced Taker twice at WM. I don't need to ask u how many times Taker faced Austin at WM now, do I?

Ironically, in an interview last year Austin admitted nowadays he wondered what would have happened if ever had a chance at The Streak.

Kane isn't inductor material to me

Don't underestimate Glenn Jacobs in that regard. He is actually a pretty smart and eloquent fella. He used to be a school teacher and then for a while he actually had a radio show as Citizen-X (or does he still have it? Dunno).
You may have a point in that induction ceremonies seem to be out of character for Kane, but I don't think he worries too much about breaking character at the twilight of his career, as demonstrated on RAW last Monday when he did the Santino Happy Dance.

I can see him being inducted into the HOF with his Deadman gimmick, but I think they'll induct him in his absence. This way you can imagine he doesn't 'endorse' it because he won't be there for the big moment, so it doesn't tarnish his gimmick.

We won't see him on screen/it won't feel like he's returned, and so it won't leave people wondering why he isn't wrestling again. Nice chance to make some DVDs about it though after.

He'll have his last match, the Undertaker will go out by dying or something, then he'll get inducted into the Hall of Fame and talk/act like a normal human being. The wrestling aspect of the Undertaker will be over, so inducting him into the Hall of Fame as himself isn't hurting the gimmick one tiny inch.

Maybe he will be inducted into the hall of fame before he even retires! WWE makes their own rules for that. There is nothing saying he has to go out, or die before being inducted. He could be inducted next year while in this talking westerner gimmick and keep wrestling beyond that. Then have a storyline where he dies or fades away or whatever post hall of fame induction.

If drew carey goes into WWE's HOF then the undertaker will also. Probably won't be for a couple of years after his last match so he doesn't jump right out of character.

Ok but if he is the Deadman during his last match in what manner would he retire. Clearly he could say he would just retire or he could die. The first option seems rather not Taker like and the second wouldn't explain how he is magically alive for the HOF? This was the root question that nobody has answered.

The Undertaker can lose a "Loser Leaves WWE" match. So, Paul Bearer and the Druids (maybe even Kane) can come down to ringside with the casket, he can be lifted up and dropped inside and carried away. That is how I see the Deadman retiring.

I pose the question: Why can't Mark Calloway retire as the Deadman?

The American Bad Ass persona was good, but, when you look back, his best moments are as the Deadman. How can you have some dude ride down to the ring on his motorcycle and call himself "The American Bad Ass"... The Undertaker. How the hell?

Look, everyone is open to opinion and by the looks of things everyone thinks yours sucks but, if that is how you see it happening, then, OK.

The Undertaker can lose a "Loser Leaves WWE" match. So, Paul Bearer and the Druids (maybe even Kane) can come down to ringside with the casket, he can be lifted up and dropped inside and carried away. That is how I see the Deadman retiring.

I pose the question: Why can't Mark Calloway retire as the Deadman?

And so did I in my initial post in this thread, which by the looks of it you didn't read. By to save you the hassle it directly goes against his gimmick. For example how can you have him die come back for the HOF and then not wrestle again which he has done several times in the past. Also him just saying I can't do it anymore makes no sense, because he in theory is dead so he should feel no pain.

The American Bad Ass persona was good, but, when you look back, his best moments are as the Deadman. How can you have some dude ride down to the ring on his motorcycle and call himself "The American Bad Ass"... The Undertaker. How the hell?

The American Badass worked because it was a total change in his appearance and his characteristics. It was clearly a tempory thing but it also showed the Undertaker was human. And quite frankly he did a lot of badass things during this time period so clearly he can be the Badass. The motorcycle was just a prop that enhanced the gimmick and not made the gimmick.

Look, everyone is open to opinion and by the looks of things everyone thinks yours sucks but, if that is how you see it happening, then, OK.

New posters telling me I suck. I love it. Clearly everyone thinks this sucks because I have recieved already 5 green rep for making this thread. You want to come in here and tell someone who has been here for a while they suck based on post, you can try that.

The American Badass worked because it was a total change in his appearance and his characteristics. It was clearly a tempory thing but it also showed the Undertaker was human.

And thus, he answered his own question.

The veil has already been lifted from the supernatural aspect of The Undertaker from his biker days. We've even seen it in some of his promos since returning as the Deadman several years ago; a more realistic style of speaking.

But, if you're going to be someone who goes totally overboard with the literal nature of the Undertaker gimmick, then here's a way it can all make sense for you so you can sleep tonight:

The "power" of the Undertaker is something that takes the man over and makes him more than human, like Ghost Rider. But when the power is gone, as we've seen many times when the urn has been brought into play, than he's just a man; a man who can retire from wrestling.

You're welcome.

New posters telling me I suck. I love it. Clearly everyone thinks this sucks because I have recieved already 5 green rep for making this thread.

I gave you green rep for putting a lot of thought into the idea, but the idea still sucked in general (as I said in my rep comment). Don't get too proud of yourself.

The Deadman gimmick is what started it all, and I was never fully sure why the American Bad Ass gimmick ever came up, although personally, I think THAT gimmick created a new wrinkle on his career. But again, The Undertaker is The Dead Man, no doubt about it. Even HHH called him Deadman on Raw last Monday. You can't put him in under any other gimmick.

I won't say it was a dumb post because it brings a lot of logical quesitons and scenarios to the eventual retirement of the Undertaker. My thoughts about the whole thing is simple: Bringing the American Badass gimmick back, just so he can retire doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I believe someone said this before, but his character has now been humanized and he now talks during his promos instead of having someone talk for him. I don't know if that means he would break character for the HOF ceremony, but what I do know is that it's more of a possibility now then it was back then.

My scenario of him retiring is fairly simple. I think either next year's WM in MIA or the year after, he loses and the streak is ended. He then comes out the night after on RAW and tell the fans what a ride it's been and he's riding off into the sunset. The entire Roster comes out to the stage in a mass show of respect for a Legend and gives him one of the longest ovations ever and once they exit. The gong hits, the lights go out and the gong hits again and he's gone. Only his Hat remains in the center of the ring.

He goes into the Hall of Fame with his Deadman gimmick in tact.

wow what a stupid thread cant beilive you wasted your time typing all that garbage.

Hes going in as the deadman obviosly.

What possible reason would he go in as something else?
Hesbeen undertaker for like 17 years and was american badass like 3 so this makes no sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back