Why don't people post in the wrestling section more often?

Crush1

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm kind of getting tired to come here and see that no one is discussing anything. But why? this is a wrestling forum and yet there is more activity in the Bar Room than the wrestling section.

What is so special about the BR anyway? all i read are the thoughts of useless opinions on useless subjects. I tried to make some threads in here to keep myself entertained, but i failed.

Come on people post in the Wrestling Section!! lets debate!

Wrestling is boring, thats why the wrestling forums are boring. Untill something really exiting happens, they will stay boring and dead.

When their's something interesting to talk about in the wrestling section i'll post there. But alot of the current topics bore me. So i dont make posts because they'd only be 2 sentances long.

I think some people are afraid to, to be totally honest. As anyone who peruses the wrestling forums can see, there are some highly opinionated posters that, instead of giving thoughtful and reasoned replies, just automatically attack the credibility of anyone who disagrees with them. Personally, I don't enter those forums unless I am both highly informed about the subject I comment on and up to weathering the rebuffs I will likely be subject to.

I think some people are afraid to, to be totally honest. As anyone who peruses the wrestling forums can see, there are some highly opinionated posters that, instead of giving thoughtful and reasoned replies, just automatically attack the credibility of anyone who disagrees with them. Personally, I don't enter those forums unless I am both highly informed about the subject I comment on and up to weathering the rebuffs I will likely be subject to.

Could not have put it better myself. Exactly how i feel.

Holy Hidden Dragon, welcome to the bane of our existance, the bar room. Where people use cliche old lines liek, the business is slow, i'm too scared to post, the world is ending, blah blah blah. They are bar flies, they don't come off the wall.

Aww relax guys. Most people won't actually get argumentative unless you have some radical views. Besides...if you don't feel like it, ignore the replies

you are being challenged and having your opinion questioned isn't a bad thing. It starts good discussion, and makes both posters better.

as a bar fly for most of my tenure here, the past few days I decided to post more outside of the bar room, so here goes.

As a bar room mod, I ahve to agree with most people: THere's nothing interesting going on right now. When the most interesting thing in wrestling is in TNA, that can't be a good sign.

I used to post in the wrestling sections a lot, but literally nothing good is going on in their now outside of the same people arguing over the same topics

Yea wrestling forums have been really slow due to lack of excitement of wrestling these days. I'm thinking of starting to post in the bar-room more because there has been no new interesting threads in the past couple days.

you are being challenged and having your opinion questioned isn't a bad thing. It starts good discussion, and makes both posters better.

I wholeheartedly agree with you sir. It is good to be challenged and I enjoy Socratic debate. But, I will now give you three examples (they are paraphrased) of how people respond to others who have opinions differing from their own (and these type of responses are not as infrequent as you may think they are):

1) No one gives a crap about (insert wrestler, booker, and wrestling organization).

2) Complete and utter ridiculousness. You have no clue what you are talking about.

3) Contradict me and lose any credibility you have.

I am one who is willing both to admit wrong and to be swayed to another opinion. However, I will not do either if I am talking with someone who holds their opinions to be foregone conclusions and who derisively speaks to you if you don't agree with them.

good on all three counts, but that's the challenge that lies in it. Simply put, these forums are like life, and politics and certain things happen. You are a lurker I presume, with 25 post since July. It's all well and good and your desire to stay around these forums is good for me as an admin.

Everyone deals with the forum growing pains. At some point, you have to put yourself over, or challenge someone to get over. It happens to everyone. Even when someone doesn't budge on their opinion, others will see you challenging it and respect it. Most of the best forum members were guys that came in here and challenged the establishment, that damn Norcal dares to question my defining remarks of Jeff Hardy.

1. If no one gives a crap about *, you make sure to make people give a crap about blank.

2. You have no clue what you're talking about, usually a bad defense mechanism by an inferior poster, most will see through that argument, unless its a valid point.

3. Contradiction, who gives a crap about that, you don't know what you're talkign about.

I wholeheartedly agree with you sir. It is good to be challenged and I enjoy Socratic debate. But, I will now give you three examples (they are paraphrased) of how people respond to others who have opinions differing from their own (and these type of responses are not as infrequent as you may think they are):

1) No one gives a crap about (insert wrestler, booker, and wrestling organization).

2) Complete and utter ridiculousness. You have no clue what you are talking about.

3) Contradict me and lose any credibility you have.

I am one who is willing both to admit wrong and to be swayed to another opinion. However, I will not do either if I am talking with someone who holds their opinions to be foregone conclusions and who derisively speaks to you if you don't agree with them.

Its called a debate forum. its what happens. when you argue with people in real life, are they always nice and pretty about it?? fuck no. come back at them with everything they give you. prove your points right if your challenged

Yea wrestling forums have been really slow due to lack of excitement of wrestling these days. I'm thinking of starting to post in the bar-room more because there has been no new interesting threads in the past couple days.

...crazy idea here but...you might I dunno..

MAKE ONE

I've wondered this for a long time Enter the Dragon pt. 2. Basically, it's because a lot of these posters are to pussy to actually put forth an opinion, because they are scared that someone they don't know, and will never meet, will think something bad about them. Like any of us should actually give a fuck.

They use the excuse "wrestling isn't exciting". Big fucking deal. It's no less exciting than it has been since 2001. The only difference is posters around here these days are scared that someone might think bad things about them .

It's sad really.

My Tournament is starting up again as soon as Shocky is done with his tag Tournament. That should bring discussion to the Old School Section

I haven't been posting as much as I normally have - but that's in general, not just the wrestling threads. Been too busy. I was going to post a bulletin about the supposed unnamed wrestler that has failed 11 marijuana tests and that's why he isn't being pushed (my #1 suspect is Morrison, unfortunately) but I just haven't had the time to do it (nor search to see if its even there already).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back