Who thinks Umaga and The Great Khali are overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soul Crusher

Am I the only person that is not only unimpressed with Umaga and The Great Khali, but incredibly disappointed by the way they are plowing through the competition? I mean, it seems like the only type of matches these guys can compete in is a total squash. They probably don't even know how to take a bump. Basically the same thing happens every week with these two and it's getting kind of boring. On top of that, it makes the rest of the roster look bad when they get squashed like that. I really would love to see Kane destroy Umaga and Big Show go back to SmackDown! and take out Khali, but I think there's a better chance of hell freezing over than either of those happening. Their gimmicks are stale as well - Umaga and The Wild Samoans, Khali and Giant Gonzalez - what's the difference? Even the move sets are nearly identical.

I'm tired of seeing these guys in squash matches every damn week. I want to see what they can do against real competition. I'd like to see them take bumps and display some real athleticism. Yeah, like that will ever happen. I wish Vinnie Mac would quit shoving these unskilled, seemingly invincible big guys down our throats. They're not fit to shine the TNA X Division's shoes as far as I'm concerned.

Undertaker will take out Kali. As far as Umaga then only thing that makes him entertaining is Armando Elahandro Estrrrrada.

Umaga can wrestle though. Abyss and him had a great harcore match at a show in my area. Umaga and Abyss both took some nasty bumps. It was really a great match.

But you are right the squashes have to go.

You know something? I don't remember The Undertaker squashing everybody left and right when he debuted (except for the jobbers) - everyone he faced displayed some offense. The same goes for The Big Show.

If there was one annoying staple of all WWE programming that cheapens the product and makes it boring to watch, it's all the pointless squash matches. We get it, Umaga and Khali are unstoppable forces - enough already, we're not morons. That's why I pre-record everything before I watch it.

well,ive only seen Khali wrestle a few times and if thats hes going to do with offense then he should go back to OVW!

It depends on who you ask.

I wouldn’t call Umaga or The Great Khali “overrated” on this board since most people on here don’t like them very much. Overrated implies that they are “undeservedly” well-liked or highly rated.

In any case, I don’t have any problem with Umaga and The Great Khali squashing their competition right now. Both are portrayed as monsters and both are new, so I don’t expect WWE to job them out anytime soon. Umaga is a decent wrestler and moves very well for a man his size. Khali is physically imposing, and I don’t have a problem with the way he’s been used as long as he is not asked to do too much.

I think some fans just have a gripe whenever a big wrestler gets pushed.

Yeah I agree Umaga is overated and unoriginal he is like the old Head Shrinkers but just one guy and sooner or later he will be beat and he will be old news but we will see him up in the top for awhile I'm sorry to say I'm not to thrilled about it either but I have to deal with it.

Umaga is "ALRIGHT" but i hate his moves... with out Armando Alehandro Estrava, he'd be boring & nothing! The Great Khali just plain sucks & there's nothing to say about it! without Daivari i dont even know!

I don't care much for the Great Kahli, watching him try and wrestle is painful.

As for Umaga, I like him. I liked him as Jamal and I like him now. I agree though the squashes have to stop! Its getting old quick.

I thought that's who he was thank you for writing that because he really remined me of someone but I couldn't think of who because I haven't seen Jamal in a while.

Yeah, Umaga is Jamal.

I like him, I think he can flat out wrestle. Its too bad they put him in squash matches and won't let him actually work with someone.

I like Umaga and his moves and i like estradda, think that estradda should manage a stable.

I think Khali Sucks and always fast forward him if ive taped smakdown. he should be sacked

Khali is terrible. He's physically imposing but come on they should have taught him a few moves before pumping him up to Prime Time television. All he does is kick and slap people. A big guy slapping someone isn't good television, its not even an exciting squash match as far as squash matches go.

Umaga isn't quite as bad. I don't really find his matches entertaining either as they mostly consist of Umaga steam rolls some guy I've never heard of. The only thing interesting about him is Armando Alahandro Estrada..who if nothing else has a fun name to say.

KANE SHOULD HAVA CRACK AT KHALI, two crazy giants would be fun!

peopleschamp said:

I wouldn’t call Umaga or The Great Khali “overrated” on this board since most people on here don’t like them very much. Overrated implies that they are “undeservedly” well-liked or highly rated.

In any case, I don’t have any problem with Umaga and The Great Khali squashing their competition right now. Both are portrayed as monsters and both are new, so I don’t expect WWE to job them out anytime soon. Umaga is a decent wrestler and moves very well for a man his size. Khali is physically imposing, and I don’t have a problem with the way he’s been used as long as he is not asked to do too much.

This is a great comment and i agree because niether one of them is "overrated" if anything theyre "underrated".

Randy Legend Killer Orton said:
This is a great comment and i agree because niether one of them is "overrated" if anything theyre "underrated".

They are overrated - by the WWE. Vinnie Mac thinks very highly of both of them and that's why he's pushing each of them as an "indestructible force" on his respective brand.

From what I've seen of both of them, they have limited move sets, zero mic skills, and may not be able to compete in any other type of match other than a squash.

Whether you watch wrestling for the action or for the "sports entertainment" aspect, these guys fail to deliver in both departments. Which is why it disappoints me to see them both getting a push when there's more deserving people that are languishing in semi-obscurity on Heat and Velocity.

The one thing both have going for them is their managers. I like Daivari, but he's been relatively boring since Muhammad Hassan was released. I don't know why they don't push him as a wrestler in the Cruiserweight division. And I am definitely a fan of Armando Alejandro Estrada. I like his character and his way of speaking, and I'd like to see him build a stable like the great managers of the past.

Soul Crusher said:
You know something? I don't remember The Undertaker squashing everybody left and right when he debuted (except for the jobbers) - everyone he faced displayed some offense. The same goes for The Big Show.

If there was one annoying staple of all WWE programming that cheapens the product and makes it boring to watch, it's all the pointless squash matches. We get it, Umaga and Khali are unstoppable forces - enough already, we're not morons. That's why I pre-record everything before I watch it.

Actually I believe that when Taker debuted, he did go on various long undefeated streaks. The main one I think was since his debut he was undefeated and beat Hogan at Survivor Series '91 (I think) and lost it the next week (which was his first loss). Anyways, with such big guys, undefeated streaks are the only way to get them noticed, as it puts their size and power in the forefront making us forget about their actual wrestling ability because their so big.

Actually I don't think many people think much of Umaga and Khali and I defintely don't think they're overrated. Umaga (Jamal) can actually wrestle quite well though. I think they're doing with Umaga what they were doing with Goldberg to an extent. Say what you want about him, but Goldberg had a whole moveset that WWE restricted because they wanted to get him over as a unstoppable force. Umaga can do different things but WWE want him to do with him what they did with Goldberg. Hopefully they'll let him be more diverse in his moveset in the future. On the other hand, I reckon that Great Khali doesn't have a hope in hell though. No skill whatsoever.

Magicians perform illusions not tricks. A trick is something a ****e does for money.

sy88 said:
Actually I believe that when Taker debuted, he did go on various long undefeated streaks. The main one I think was since his debut he was undefeated and beat Hogan at Survivor Series '91 (I think) and lost it the next week (which was his first loss). Anyways, with such big guys, undefeated streaks are the only way to get them noticed, as it puts their size and power in the forefront making us forget about their actual wrestling ability because their so big.

It's true that Undertaker did have a long undefeated streak here and there, and there's nothing wrong with Umaga receiving the same treatment. But you have to remember this - Undertaker never completely plowed over someone that wasn't a jobber. If you look at most of his early matches against the likes of Jimmy Snuka, his opposition at least displayed some offense. Umaga's opposition doesn't even get that much - if I recall, Kamala got in one chop, and Eugene didn't do a single thing in his match. I know Eugene is a Heat mainstay and Kamala is semi-retired, but that's still no way to treat them.

I'm hearing about imminent plans to make Umaga a top player in the WWE, contending for either the WWE or World Championship very soon. Is it wise to consider putting the belt around someone that has absolutely zero mic skills? I'm not going to completely shoot down his wrestling skills (I can't say the same for The Great Khali), but is that enough for him to be the top guy on his show, whether it's Raw or SmackDown? WWE can't let themselves get too carried away here - not only has he not been around long enough, but he's just not talented enough for them to seriously consider him as a World Title holder, in my estimation.

Umaga is ok but the problem i have like most people is that he never goes up against real competition, i also dont think he could hold a wwe championship/worldheavyweight championship but a usa or intercontinental might fit him

The Great Khali is a different story. He has no in ring ability at all. Undertaker will take care of him in the prison match and that will be the end of him.

peopleschamp said:

^^^^ Amen to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back